Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Do Christians have libertarian free will ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bruisermiller View Post
    The Lost have some freedom of the Will, Adam and Eve had Libertarian Free Will; but no one has ever had Contra Causal Libertarian Free Will...
    Define terms used (don't assume readers understand).
    All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

• Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

Man does not have free will does not mean that God makes choices for man but man makes influenced choices.

God bless you,

SeventhDay
      Tom replies

How if all was determined before they were born without any benefit of foreknowledge ?
      Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

• Originally posted by bruisermiller View Post

The Lost have some freedom of the Will, Adam and Eve had Libertarian Free Will; but no one has ever had Contra Causal Libertarian Free Will...
        Tom notes

It's just another term to define the same thing

Comment

• Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post

Yes, that IS the question.
          You know it proves your theology wrong, which is why you are RUNNING AWAY from it.

And I'm saying that you are MISINTERPRETING that verse.

And your answer to my question above (which you are AFRAID to answer) proves that your interpretation is false.
          That's why you REFUSE to answer my question.

You ALSO haven't answered my OTHER question as to WHO you think 1 Cor. 10:13 is written to (it's kind of important).
          Tom replies

Lets say it was written to Christians

Will you then thus affirm Libertarian free will for Christians ?

or is that just a red herring

Do you have any evidence I have misinterpreted it

Comment

Man can not and does not have free will because he was made for God and can not be independent from him. ... There is no such thing as free will!
            Then your God is not righteous. but creates evil.
            I champion GOD’s holiness:
            - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
            - Evil is creature-created by their free will.

I champion Our Free will:
            - All were created with a free will able to chose for HIM or against HIM.

Comment

Man does not have free will does not mean that God makes choices for man but man makes influenced choices.

God bless you,

SeventhDay
              Run your theo-babble around the woozle bush all you want - you will only get self confirmation of your mistaken thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by ttruscott View Post

Then your God is not righteous. but creates evil.
                Christ is our righteousness. Right?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Run your theo-babble around the woozle bush all you want - you will only get self confirmation of your mistaken thinking.
                  The "free will" question is a very controversial topic is it not?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

• Originally posted by Theo1689 View Post
                    And I'm saying that you are MISINTERPRETING that verse.
                    Notice my friends that it's never said why TomL has it wrong. Assertions are only made and a sense of obstinacy in regard to answering ANY fair question. Perhaps this comes from a way of thinking for some, not all but some Calvinists never, ever allow themselves to be put on the defensive. I suspect this gets a little old with you the readers though. You know when a good question has been raised and deserves to be addressed and IMO and I trust yours Tom's point was a good one and DESERVED a respectful answer. Sadly it wasn't provided.

Comment

The "free will" question is a very controversial topic is it not?

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                      Well if it was/is not by his free will man sins who/what is the cause of all of man's sin

Comment

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Tom notes

Influences do not constitute a necessity that the will is not free

Comment

• When God created Eden in genesis
                            I do not find the terms free will or libertarian.
                            True that adm human could choose. But thatdid not fit the modern definitions of free will.

We do find those (satanic) memes come to the fore in the early enlightenment period. And teaching history of philosophy many years I read all the texts. Many times. The same enlightenment the reformation was horrified by and understood to belong to the enemy realm. Not God.

end of comment.

Comment

God gets the credit for all things. Man none!

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Not really.

Comment

• Originally posted by e v e View Post
                                When God created Eden in genesis
                                I do not find the terms free will or libertarian.
                                True that adm human could choose. But thatdid not fit the modern definitions of free will.

We do find those (satanic) memes come to the fore in the early enlightenment period. And teaching history of philosophy many years I read all the texts. Many times. The same enlightenment the reformation was horrified by and understood to belong to the enemy realm. Not God.

end of comment.
                                Tom replies

That Adam had a choice or obey or not obey God and could decide to obey or not obey shows he had free will

Free is mentioned in the bible and it is mentioned in the earliest church fathers long before the enlightenment or reformation

Comment

Working...
                                X