Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Do you believe in predestination ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TomL View Post

Again the term was introduced by the writing of Beloved57
    This is typical of the poster, to pretend it was your term that you introduced into a conversation, instead of one you are responding to. I keep wondering how a born again christian can give themselves over to such tactics

by faith we understand...
    Didn't I tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?

Comment

• Originally posted by SethProton View Post
      This is typical of the poster, to pretend it was your term that you introduced into a conversation, instead of one you are responding to. I keep wondering how a born again christian can give themselves over to such tactics
      I think he may have just replied a little too fast
      Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

I think he may have just replied a little too fast
        I admire your willingness to see his side. It is rare here. I need to do it more.
        by faith we understand...
        Didn't I tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?

Comment

• Originally posted by beloved57 View Post
          This is the million dollar question. Most in mans religions dont believe in this doctrine, or they believe it in a man centered way that deny the Sovereignty of God, but nevertheless its a Salvation Doctrine. In a book and chapter primarily about Salvation Paul writes Eph 1:3-6

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

5Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,

6 To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.

Rom 8:28-30

28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.

29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, them he also called: and whom he called, them he also justified: and whom he justified, them he also glorified.

Theres no word of Salvation without predestination.
          Tom notes

For the record all Christians believe in predestination.

Starting off with a false claim is not a good way to start an op

Comment

Tom notes

Dont know what you are talking about.

Comment

Dont know what you are talking about.
              Tom replies

It is not surprising that you would not

Perhaps before attributing a certain belief to a group you should actually confirm that is what they hold

Comment

Tom replies

It is not surprising that you would not

Perhaps before attributing a certain belief to a group you should actually confirm that is what they hold

I hardly ever know what you be talking about. It dont be the scripture, i can tell you that much

Comment

I hardly ever know what you be talking about. It dont be the scripture, i can tell you that much
                  Tom replies

If you can't understand me how can you understand scripture ?

Could it be why you never respond to scriptural rebuttal ?

Comment

Tom replies

If you can't understand me how can you understand scripture ?

Could it be why you never respond to scriptural rebuttal ?
                    Sure you quote plenty of scripture, however thats not the issue, I dont know what you be talking about. What you say and what scripture says are two different things. Not unless you put your words as scripture. Are your words as authoritative with scripture ?

Comment

Sure you quote plenty of scripture, however thats not the issue, I dont know what you be talking about. What you say and what scripture says are two different things. Not unless you put your words as scripture. Are your words as authoritative with scripture ?
                      Tom replies

That is something you never prove

You claim it but never provide any evidence for your claim

nor do you address the scriptures which are posted to you by way of rebuttal

Comment

Tom replies

That is something you never prove

You claim it but never provide any evidence for your claim

nor do you address the scriptures which are posted to you by way of rebuttal
                        So I conclude you dont believe in predestination. Tis a pity since the scripture teaches it.

Comment

So I conclude you dont believe in predestination. Tis a pity since the scripture teaches it.
                          Tom replies

You conclude error and either do not pay attention to what you are told or just ignore it

Previously you were plainly told

Comment

Tom replies

You conclude error and either do not pay attention to what you are told or just ignore it

Previously you were plainly told

Even though the bible teaches it, you flip it off !

Comment

Even though the bible teaches it, you flip it off !
                              Tom replies

You present a false claim

Twice you have been told

You need to correct your false claim

Comment

Tom replies

You present a false claim

Twice you have been told

You need to correct your false claim
                                Aint no false claims, a lot of posters recognize it.

Comment

Working...
                                X