Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Mark of the beast

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark of the beast

Here is wisdom let him that has understanding count the number of the beast. We are told that it takes wisdom to calculate the number of the beast. There are two stories in the OT that deal with the number of the beast and it just so happens that one of them is from the days of Solomon - the wisest man in the bible. Now the weight of gold that came to Solomon in one year was six hundred sixty and six talents of gold 1Kings 10:14. Solomon used this gold to build shields and an ivory throne overlaid in gold and all the world came to see him and hear his wisdom. The second story simply says the children of Adonikam were six hundred sixty and six Ezra 2:13. Not much is known about Adonikam except that he returned with the children of Israel after the captivity. Both of these stories happened when the first and second temples were being constructed telling us that the final 666 will revolve around the construction of a third temple with the gold and people of the beast. And he causes all to receive a mark in their right hand or in their foreheads. The mark of the beast goes into the right hand or the forehead which is in contrast to the seal of God which simply goes into the forehead. The mark in the right hand appears to have a human element where the receivers will have to perform some deed or action that will enable them to buy and sell in the last days. There are several places in the OT where a sign or mark went into the hand and forehead and all of them had to do with the law of God. ‘And it shall be for a sign unto thee upon thine hand, and for a memorial between thine eyes, that the LORD’S law may be in thy mouth:’ Ex. 13:9. The Hebrew word for sign here is actually translated as mark in just one other place in the whole bible when God set a mark on Cain after he murdered his brother. The mark of the beast is none other than the law of God or the Torah. Now I know many will immediately protest saying how could the law of God that was given by God himself be the mark of the beast and this a valid question. The law was put in place and had jurisdiction over Israel until the time of reformation when Christ appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself. He literally fulfilled every type and shadow of the law so now he has jurisdiction over the people of God making the law obsolete. Any return to it in the age of grace is a rejection of Christ and the highest form of sin. Jesus said - ‘A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.’ John 13:34,35 This new commandment is far, far different than the old commandments based on law. The pharisees of Christ’s day were experts on keeping the law but they had no love for their fellow man. An outward obedience is worth nothing in God’s eyes because even atheists who reject God and Christ can live moral and respectable lives on the outside. We are all born as sinners and the love we have come to know is selfish. I’ll love you if you love me in return so it is more of a transaction than genuine love. God commends his love towards us in that while we were still sinners Christ died for us. God’s love is higher and unconditional because - God is love. Those who are sealed in the last days will be sealed with God’s agape love which only goes in the forehead not the hand - no human actions required. ‘Set me as a seal upon thine heart, as a seal upon thine arm: for love is strong as death; jealousy is cruel as the grave: the coals thereof are coals of fire, which hath a most vehement flame. Many waters cannot quench love, neither can the floods drown it: if a man would give all the substance of his house for love, it would utterly be contemned.’ Song of Solomon 8:6,7

The mark of the beast has nothing to do with the law of God. Rather it is to signify Satan's ownership of them so that no one that could buy or sell, EXCEPT those who had received the mark, name or number of the beast. It is to signify that they are part of Satan's spiritual family. They are the ones who have been deceived by the false prophets into worshipping the image or likeness (doctrines) of the beast. The beast has nothing to do with Law of God.

Comment

Originally posted by TribulationSigns View Post
      The mark of the beast has nothing to do with the law of God. Rather it is to signify Satan's ownership of them so that no one that could buy or sell, EXCEPT those who had received the mark, name or number of the beast. It is to signify that they are part of Satan's spiritual family. They are the ones who have been deceived by the false prophets into worshipping the image or likeness (doctrines) of the beast. The beast has nothing to do with Law of God.
      The greatest sin of all time was the crucifixion of Christ and it was carried out by his own people. Legalism or law-keeping absolutely makes people go crazy and in the last days when Jerusalem is raised up above the nations and the Torah rules the land it will become the mark of the beast. Now the mark will most likely be only a part of the law like animal sacrifice or the Sabbath day or some other aspect of temple worship but it will definitely revolve around the Torah.

Comment

Originally posted by Nola369 View Post

The greatest sin of all time was the crucifixion of Christ and it was carried out by his own people. Legalism or law-keeping absolutely makes people go crazy and in the last days when Jerusalem is raised up above the nations and the Torah rules the land it will become the mark of the beast. Now the mark will most likely be only a part of the law like animal sacrifice or the Sabbath day or some other aspect of temple worship but it will definitely revolve around the Torah.
        Facepalm.

Comment

Facepalm.
          Dispensationalists which number roughly 500 million are one step away from Messianic Judaism.

Messianic Judaism is what Christianity will morph into in the last days aka the Mark of the beast.

The Image of the beast will be a rebuilt temple that will speak through the high priest who will officiate over its blasphemous ceremonies.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.  16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17 And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Rev. 13:15-17

Comment

Dispensationalists which number roughly 500 million are one step away from Messianic Judaism.

Messianic Judaism is what Christianity will morph into in the last days aka the Mark of the beast.

The Image of the beast will be a rebuilt temple that will speak through the high priest who will officiate over its blasphemous ceremonies.

And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.  16 And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Rev. 13:15-17
            Nope.

The prophecy have nothing to do with Messianic Judaism.

The Image of the beast is not a rebuilt temple.

Do you even know what is God's definition of the beast in Scripture? What is his image or likeness that the body of false prophecy gives it a life and to speak? What is it? Of course its not literal temple.

Comment

Nope.

Do you even know what is God's definition of the beast in Scripture? What is his image or likeness that the body of false prophecy gives it a life and to speak? What is it? Of course its not literal temple.
              You can't even figure out that a 1000 years are a 1000 years so you can't symbolize every verse of scripture away, it doesn't work like that.

Comment

Nope.

It is the number 666 which represents mankind. Now, the carnal mind is a beast and will cause us to run off a cliff trying to capture an imaginary thing that takes the place of God. What a mighty beast is that!

Gen 2:16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:

Gen 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
                What was that tree that became his idol that brought him to swift destruction? As soon as he ate it he hid himself from the Lord that is the source of life.

A man (son of perdition) that gives into the carnal mind is a beast!

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

It is the number 666 which represents SeventhDay
                  LOL Everyone is into Messianic Judaism. I'm not making this up!

Comment

You can't even figure out that a 1000 years are a 1000 years so you can't symbolize every verse of scripture away, it doesn't work like that.
                    I didn’t say that. You made the wrong assumption.

Comment

LOL Everyone is into Messianic Judaism. I'm not making this up!
                      Everyone? Are you?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

I'm seriously curious. What is your basis for this statement. I haven't attended church in around 10 years due to health issues. The first church I joined in 1978 when I became a born again Christian was pastored by a Dallas Theological Seminary graduate who obviously was a Dispensationalist but I don't ever remember him using the term. I've belonged to two succeeding churches going through a few pastors none of whom were dispensational. I don't know that they could have defined the term. The last church was Southern Baptist. I used to belong to a local group of like-minded folks who got together from time to time to talk prophecy that included Todd Strandberg and Terry James who run the Rapture Ready website and they were obviously dispensational but these days the only dispensationalist I know attends my wife's Southern Baptist church and as far as she knows, she's the only one there. The average Christian today in my opinion is Biblically illiterate and doesn’t know the meaning of the word dispensational.

In my personal not so humble opinion, so-called “Progressive Dispensationalism” is neither progressive or dispensationalism. So, I wonder where you get the 500 million number and what do you mean by “one step away from Messianic Judaism”. Just asking.
                        Fight like a real man. Get on your knees and pray!

Comment

Most Scripture is LITERAL, and that which is symbolic always represents something literal.

That's a big mistake made by preterists & some KJVOs. By symbolizing Scripture, they can give it any meanings they wish. (Which are generally untrue, of course!)

Comment

Originally posted by Arkycharlie View Post
                            I'm seriously curious. What is your basis for this statement. I haven't attended church in around 10 years due to health issues. The first church I joined in 1978 when I became a born again Christian was pastored by a Dallas Theological Seminary graduate who obviously was a Dispensationalist but I don't ever remember him using the term. I've belonged to two succeeding churches going through a few pastors none of whom were dispensational. I don't know that they could have defined the term. The last church was Southern Baptist. I used to belong to a local group of like-minded folks who got together from time to time to talk prophecy that included Todd Strandberg and Terry James who run the Rapture Ready website and they were obviously dispensational but these days the only dispensationalist I know attends my wife's Southern Baptist church and as far as she knows, she's the only one there. The average Christian today in my opinion is Biblically illiterate and doesn’t know the meaning of the word dispensational.

In my personal not so humble opinion, so-called “Progressive Dispensationalism” is neither progressive or dispensationalism. So, I wonder where you get the 500 million number and what do you mean by “one step away from Messianic Judaism”. Just asking.
                            I write blogs so I occasionally fact check what I write and according to modern figures there are some 300 million Pentecostals, 100 million Baptists and 100 million non-denom. who ascribe to dispensationalism. Roughly half of all Protestant Christians would fall under some form of dispensationalism. The other half - Calvinist/Reformed, Lutheran, Methodist, Anglican reject it.

Comment

Originally posted by roby3 View Post

Most Scripture is LITERAL, and that which is symbolic always represents something literal.

That's a big mistake made by preterists & some KJVOs. By symbolizing Scripture, they can give it any meanings they wish. (Which are generally untrue, of course!)
                              I interpret the bible very literally with the exception of Israel which can be spiritual. Dispensationals can never understand Revelation because everyone is Israel. The antichrist sets his throne in Israel. The two witnesses are Israel. The 144K are Israel and so on and so on. The antichrist with his throne in Jerusalem kills the two witnesses who are Jews so you have Israel fighting Israel. Eventually they need to realize that the two witnesses who preach the gospel are Christian and the 144K are elect Christians so there will be Christians in the tribulation.

Comment

Working...
                              X