Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Get Rapture Ready or will you be be left Behind??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Proof==Many are baptized but are not saved and many are saved that have never been baptized!!==Fact!!

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
      Proof==Many are baptized but are not saved and many are saved that have never been baptized!!==Fact!!
      No, that's false. Since Jesus ascended No one is saved outside of His commanded baptism. No one. No one is saved with belief alone, or grace alone, or any other man made prayer alone..

Many believe and are also not saved. Not all who call on the Lord will be saved. But those who do the will of the Father in heaven. Jesus commanded Repentance and baptism and you don't have the authority to over-rule Him and tell anyone they have a right to leave anything out.

Matthew 7:21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."
      Mark 16:16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."

Comment

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13

God says==That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,

and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him

from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man

believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession

is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the

name of the Lord shall be Saved..========Believe God's Word!!!

Comment

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13

Matthew 7:21
          “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."
          Mark 16:16
          He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned."

Comment

Unless you believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior all baptism does for you is get you wet!!!

Edit Mod 11. This is the prophecy forum. Baptism is off topic
            Last edited by Moderator11; 01-09-19, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi View Post

That's irrelevant. Jesus said to believe and be baptized to be saved. I don't care what some have done, I obeyed Jesus.

Peter says baptism saves. Paul said Grace saves. Jesus said belief and baptism saves, Paul said Belief saves, Paul said Confession saves.

So unlike you I believe ALL of the Bible and don't blaspheme it as you just did when you said baptism saves no one. Jesus said it does.
              Jesus told us, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." It doesn't logically follow that baptism saves, so you are in error.

Christians practice baptism not because it saves, but because believing on Christ saves and he told us to be baptized.

I doubt many Rapture-believers will be saved, because believing the rapture is not believing Christ (He told us Christians will go through the Tribulation). Ironically, these Rapture (I'm tying not to alliterate) types, in spite of claims otherwise, seem to believe that baptism saves, and that to be saved, you have to be baptized according to their specifications, else you're just getting wet and you're lost.

Comment

Jesus says == Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36 and we believers are not appointed to wrath!!! Why not believe God??

Comment

Beware of Rapturists abusing the Bible with out-of-context verses.

Comment

Luke chapter 21 gives you the context!!
                    Jesus says ==
                    Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man. Luke 21:36 and we believers are not appointed to wrath!!! Why not believe God??

Comment

Liars love to repeat lies, to persuade the innocent by repetition instead of reason.

"Escape" is from a Greek word meaning to flee. It doesn't mean to be taken or raptured.

Why do Christian forums serve as save havens for liars and heretics?

Comment

In Like 21:36 Jesus instructs his followers to pray that they are counted worthy (most Greek versions say pray that they have the strength) to escape, the Greek work meaning to flee, from the tribulation that was coming to Judea. Jesus specifically instructs his followers in Judea to flee to the mountains to escape the tribulation (Luke 21:21).

The pretrib rapture is a lie, and Satan is the father of lies. It's a lie to say the Greek word for "flee" means "rapture". It's a lie say Christians will taken up in a rapture when Jesus tells them they'll need to flee to the mountains, and otherwise will suffer in the tribulation.

"Blessed are those who wash their robes, so that they may have the right to the tree of life and that they may enter the city [the Jerusalem above] by the gates. Outside are the dogs and sorcerers and the sexually immoral and murderers and idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices falsehood." Outside are the dogs and goy who bow to the city figuratively called Sodom, where the Lord was crucified, knowing nothing of the new Jerusalem above where the saints abide. Outside of God's kingdom are the liars who will continue to lie, and the lake of fire is their final disposition. Do not be taken in by the pretrib lies or you will be taken down.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruk View Post

Jesus told us, "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned." It doesn't logically follow that baptism saves, so you are in error.
                          No, just the exact opposite. Jesus tells us how to be saved. Believe and be baptized. Now why would anyone leave either of those out? Peter says baptism saves in 1 Peter 3 21. Just as Paul says believing in the heart and confessing with the mouth leads to salvation. Which one of those can you leave out? Acts 22:16 telling Paul how to wash away his sins and call on the name of the Lord, which of those did he have the authority to ignore?

And why did the crowd not argue with Peter on the day of Pentecost. When they asked him "what must we do", he said "repent and be baptized for the remission of your sins". Now why didn't they do like this board does with the scriptures and argue back at Peter? "Oh Peter, baptism doesn't save anyone". Why did Philip teach the eunuch to be baptized? Peter says it was for the remission of sins but he only was willing if the eunuch believed. . Did the eunuch argue and say I'm saved anyway baptism isn't necessary".

I've never understood why people who claim to believe refuse to do the simple commands in order to be saved. Not me. When Jesus says belief on Him and baptism for the remission of sins saves, I am NOT going to argue or try to take a short cut for something I have no authority to do.
                          Christians practice baptism not because it saves, but because believing on Christ saves and he told us to be baptized.
                          Jesus said it saves, so how could anyone be a Christian if they argue with Jesus and do what they want to do instead of what He commanded?. They can't be. Just as He said in Matthew 17
                          “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven."
                          I doubt many Rapture-believers will be saved, because believing the rapture is not believing Christ (He told us Christians will go through the Tribulation). Ironically, these Rapture (I'm tying not to alliterate) types, in spite of claims otherwise, seem to believe that baptism saves, and that to be saved, you have to be baptized according to their specifications, else you're just getting wet and you're lost.
                          Getting baptized for anything other than for the remission of sins as was commanded does not save. No one still in their sins were not baptized into Christ and salvation is in Christ. Philip wasn't going to get in the water with the eunuch if he didn't believe in his heart Jesus is the son of God. Paul's sins were not washed away until he was baptized. And Jesus Commanded it! There is ONE Baptism and unless a person is baptized as Christ commanded it wasn't baptism it was just getting wet.

And it is the most ridiculous thing to me for people to say a command from Jesus is important but not necessary. That's unbelievable to me that a believer would say that. That tells me they actually don't believe on Him. If we Love Him we keep His commandments. As He says Matthew 17 do His will to enter Heaven and not our own will.

Comment

Unless you believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior all baptism does for you is get you wet!!!
                            God's Word tells us how to be saved!!! Believe it!!

How to be saved (born again) and join the family of God!!!

Romans: Chapter 10 verse 9-10-13 GOD SAYS=

That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus,
                            and shalt believe in your heart that God hath raised him
                            from the dead, thou shalt be Saved. For with the heart man
                            believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession
                            is made unto Salvation. For whosoever shall call upon the
                            name of the Lord shall be Saved....................

---------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

An example prayer for those that have never talked to God!

Heavenly Father:........................................... ...............................
                            I come to you in prayer asking for the forgiveness of
                            my Sins. I confess with my mouth and believe with my
                            heart that Jesus is your Son, And that he died on the
                            Cross at Calvary that I might be forgiven and have
                            Eternal Life in the Kingdom of Heaven. Father, I believe
                            that Jesus rose from the dead and I ask you right now
                            to come in to my life and be my personal Lord and
                            Savior. I repent of my Sins and will Worship you all the
                            day's of my Life!. Because your word is truth, I confess
                            with my mouth that I am Born Again and Cleansed
                            by the Blood of Jesus! In Jesus Name, Amen

Comment

[LEFT][COLOR=#000000][FONT=Helvetica]Unless you believe and accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior all baptism does for you is get you wet!!!
                              That's another thing. Jesus didn't say "Accept Me as your Lord and Savior". He's the Creator whether we accept it or not. He came and told us how to be reconciled. He never said to be reconciled ask me to come into your hearts. He never said "Invite Me in to be your personal Lord and savior".

No, He came and has told us how to be a child of God. Jesus Himself obeyed His Father and His Father expects and demands the same from us. He commanded His Apostle to go to the world and baptized and make disciples of all nations. He didn't say go into the world and teach them a prayer you make up and tell them to "invite" Me into their hearts. No, the New Testament is easy to understand IF a person wants to do the will of the Father.

Show me in the scriptures where that prayer of yours you keep posting is. .

Comment

Get Rapture Ready or will you be be left Behind?

Link removed.
                                I would rather be left behind and NOT be eaten by VULTURES!
                                Luke 17:33-37 New International Version (NIV)

33 Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it. 34 I tell you, on that night two people will be in one bed; one will be taken and the other left.35 Two women will be grinding grain together; one will be taken and the other left.” [36] [a]

37 “Where, Lord?” they asked.

He replied, “Where there is a dead body, there the VULTURES will gather.”

Fear God and keep his commandments,
                                for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

Comment

Working...
                                X