Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Prophecy Alert: "The Fig Tree Generation"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TribulationSigns View Post
    No. That's just another example of someone trying to replace the bible with their opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by Hemi View Post

No. That's just another example of someone trying to replace the bible with their opinion.
      Show me the example because so far the author did use the Scripture to prove his case. Please state biblical e your refutation to the article instead of saying, "that is just an opinion" because i Know it's not true.

Comment

No, the fig tree generation and signs have nothing to do with us.
        Yes! The generation started with the fall of man and ended with return of Christ. It is the generation of evil. Many people misunderstood what Christ meant when he said the "Fig tree and all the trees" that he was only using them as an example to his audience in order to discern the signs. Nothing to do with national Israel or 70AD.

Comment

“I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers as the firstripe in the fig tree at her first time:
          Hosea 9:10
          God speaking about Israel==
          “He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.” Joel 1:7

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
            “I found Israel like grapes in the wilderness; I saw your fathers as the firstripe in the fig tree at her first time:
            Hosea 9:10
            God speaking about Israel==
            “He hath laid my vine waste, and barked my fig tree: he hath made it clean bare, and cast it away; the branches thereof are made white.” Joel 1:7
            Yeah, yeah (patting on your back sarcastically).

Alert. No violation.
            Last edited by Mod20; 02-18-19, 11:35 PM.

Comment

Show me the example because so far the author did use the Scripture to prove his case. Please state biblical e your refutation to the article instead of saying, "that is just an opinion" because i Know it's not true.

I'm not wasting my time reading another long drawn out web page just to argue with you. I've seen that sight before and Matthew 24 refutes it without having to cut and paste or write a long response. The very first of the chapter is Jesus answering questions to His disciples and He answered them and the only question He didn't have a direct answer to was the last one.

You show Me, and you've been asked before and never answered, what "signs" exactly are you looking for? The signs in Matthew 24 have been fulfilled from the destruction of the Temple to the persecution of the disciples being dragged before the Sanhedrin in the synagogues. And Jesus even called the world together in Jerusalem on the day of Pentecost, "all the trees" .

The only way to God was through the law and the prophets. The Temple of God was built and approved by Him. And you say it's destruction has nothing to do with Bible prophesy.

YOU Provide Proof your web link isn't just ab bunch of silly non scriptural opinion instead of pretending I didn't refute it with just one chapter, Matthew 24, or Luke 21 or Mark 13. Jesus told them some of them would see the Kingdom of God come with His angels and with Power. Matthew 16:27-28

“For the Son of Man will come in the glory of His Father with His angels, and then He will reward each according to his works “Assuredly, I say to you, there are some standing here who shall not taste death till they see the Son of Man coming in His kingdom.”

So which part of the Kingdom was Jesus talking about that didn't apply to the destruction of the Temple of God, where the Jews were waiting and still are, on a physical King in Matthew 24 that wouldn't be fulfilled until His judgement day? Other than His return just exactly what hasn't been fulfilled? All the trees have blossomed already, The buildings Jesus pointed to and said would be destroyed have been destroyed. The Law and the prophets have been fulfilled and vanished away. S o what are you waiting on more blood moons or Russia to invade Israel what? If all those signs have not been fulfilled because you claim, "Generation" in Matthew 24 doesn't mean those living at the time but those who will live until the end of time, which signs are you looking for?

Comment

Yes! The generation started with the fall of man and ended with return of Christ. It is the generation of evil. Many people misunderstood what Christ meant when he said the "Fig tree and all the trees" that he was only using them as an example to his audience in order to discern the signs. Nothing to do with national Israel or 70AD.
                And it's a ridiculous claim to say the destruction of the Temple of God was nothing but a footnote and not a sign Jesus Himself said would be a sign and yet to you not worthy of mentioning.
                Yes 70AD was very important in prophesy because Jesus told them it would happen before they were dead.

At the time Jesus was telling them of the destruction of the Temple National Israel was the only path to God. So yes National Israel were very important and were the people of God. The Temple was destroyed, Jerusalem was sacked and the Jews were scattered, yet Jesus had already built the Temple of God to those who believe. Peter even wrote letters to the dispersed.

As I see on this board many still don't believe and some can't even see the importance of the prophesy of Daniel about the Messiah being cut off and yet the eternal Kingdom coming from it, which it did.

Comment

All I can say is it is not my job to convince you of your errors. That is the job of the Holy Spirit. You go ahead and base your physical interpretation on the writing of Josephus. I say that you misunderstood Christ about the people "AS" a congregation of Israel starting with the Jews and the Gentiles. The physical stones and walls was not on Christ mind when He prophesied in Matthew 24:1-2.

See ya.

Comment

All I can say is it is not my job to convince you of your errors.
                    I may have errors, but not in this case I don't.
                    That is the job of the Holy Spirit.
                    The Bible, the Word of God, Are the words of the Holy Spirit and you haven't shown why "Generation" in Matthew 24 means the entire human race throughout time who have obeyed the gospel ether.
                    You go ahead and base your physical interpretation on the writing of Josephus.
                    I haven't said a word about Josephus.
                    I say that you misunderstood Christ about the people "AS" a congregation of Israel starting with the Jews and the Gentiles.
                    I say you're absolutely wrong and aren't even looking at what the Bible says.

The physical stones and walls was not on Christ mind when He prophesied in Matthew 24:1-2.

See ya.
                    Yes the stones WERE what Jesus was talking about. He plainly say "See these buildings?" and added "not one stone would be left on another".

Yes the Temple of God was an important piece of architecture. It was the Temple of God. Jesus built the Temple of God and th one He said would be destroyed was destroyed. It's ridiculous to argue that Jesus wasn't talking about a temple being destroyed when He pointed at it and said it would.

And you don't get to decide who the Holy Spirit guides and who He doesn't. The word of God gives us all things pertaining to this. The Holy Spirit isn't your personal Deity you can use for yourself and arrogantly claim others doesn't have His help. If anyone wants His help they have His word. God doesn't respect one over the other and your web sites aren't equal to His word. When you come up with the ridiculous claim that the Temple of God being destroyed wasn't what Jesus was talking about then I KNOW that didn't come from the Holy Spirit or the Bible. I can read it for myself.

Comment

Yes the stones WERE what Jesus was talking about. He plainly say "See these buildings?" and added "not one stone would be left on another".
                      I think not, so read again:

Matthew 24:1-2
                      • "And Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
                      • And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down."
                      Despite suppositions to the contrary, our Lord was very specific saying not only that "not one stone would be left standing one upon another (also of the whole city in Luke), but further amplifying it by saying they (the stones one upon another) would all (BAR NONE) be thrown down! Even by using the vaunted history books we know that there are many more than one stone was left standing one upon another after AD 70. In point of fact, to this very day, there are foundation stones left standing "one upon another" of the physical Temple. Moreover, there were also (let's not forget this) many stones of the physical city Jerusalem left standing one upon another. Again, the qualifying prophesywas that "not one stone would be left standing one upon another. Too many people like you want to "ignore" this qualification because it doesn't conform to their personal or private interpretation that this all took place in AD 70. Selah!

Luke 19:41-46
                      • "And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it,
                      • Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
                      • For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
                      • And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
                      • And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;
                      • Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves."
                      Now, tell me who TRULY were there enemies and how were they compassed round about?! Only by comparing scripture with scripture will we ever know the "TRUE" answer to that. No, it's not the Romans! And Christ said that the city of Jerusalem itself would be laid even with the ground so that Not one stone would be left standing one upon another. Again, that's Christ's specific qualification for fulfillment, not mine. The physical city remained with many stones left standing one upon another, sorry to disappoint you, which means the physical city in AD 70 was NOT what Christ was speaking about in the prophecy. Only their spiritual external covenant city qualifies for having been completely laid even with the ground. It is the Olive tree that was cursed by Christ saying that it would never bear fruit again. Do you even realize that people are the stones of the Temple (body of Christ) thrown down, stones of the city laid even with the ground. We have to understand, Christ did NOT weep for literal stones or for a physical city Jerusalem, he wept for the people who were the allegorical stones and the city. It is "THEY" who would be brought to desolation or total ruin by their abominations, and laid even with the ground. They would no longer be the representation of the holy city and the Kingdom of of God (Matthew 21:43) ever again! Because God has take it away from the Jews and gave to another which is Christian Church! When Christ died at the Cross, that changed the Holy Temple representation from Old Covenant Israel to New Covenant Israel, signified byChrist being the new way into the Holiest of Holies. Selah! Didn't you read the Scripture:

Matthew 27:50-51
                      • "Jesus, when he had cried again with a loud voice, yielded up the ghost.
                      • And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;"
                      Hebrews 10:1921
                      • "Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,
                      • By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;
                      • And having an high priest over the house of God."
                      The stones of the old Temple were the JEWS but they rejected the cornerstone of that building was Christ who was rejected and therefore those stones were thrown down. Didn't Christ prophesied to the Jews that they would come and destory the temple in in three days, Christ did rise it up. It was NOT about physiucal temple or the city! Selah. The NEW stones of the Holy Temple are NOW the people of the New Covenant with Israel.

Therefore, the true destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem, the holy city, didn't occur in AD 70 as you claimed, but at the cross. And it was done by the death of Christ. Again, when the Jews asked for a "SIGN" and Christ said to destroy the Temple and in 3 days I will raise it up, He gave them their sign. He also gave you a sign! When the Temple veil was torn in two and the rocks rent, that "symbolized" a new and living way, a New Temple (a rebuilding, or as Biblically put, to "Build again" the city and sanctuary). It is all over for old testament congregation at that moment! And in order for the building again to take place, there would have to have been the ruin of the city and Temple before. RIGHT THERE! Not after 70AD! Selah! That desolation of the city did take place. Not one stone was left one upon another in that city that had to be built again. It was by their abominations that the city was destroyed and the Kingdom was taken from them and given to another. Not by Romans in ad 70.

Enough said!

Comment

There are no" stones of the temple "that were not thrown down the only stones stones not thrown down are the stones of the retaining wall of the court yard that the temple sit on. Saying that the stones of the temple were Jews is just silly, evil, ignorant!! God says what He means and means what He says!

Comment

There are no" stones of the temple "that were not thrown down the only stones stones not thrown down are the stones of the retaining wall of the court yard that the temple sit on. Saying that the stones of the temple were Jews is just silly, evil, ignorant!! God says what He means and means what He says!
                          That's the most "absurd reasoning" I have ever heard from you. You're saying Jesus was not talking to people He's talking to, and punishing "the physical stones" because they knew not the time of their visitation? That's completely insane, He's talking to the people of Israel "AS" Jerusalem, not literal stones of a temple. He's talking about stones that are spiritual, people that were supposed to be the building of God's house, but who have become corrupt and now reject Christ as the cornerstone of that building. That is "precisely" why Christ went into the House of God immediately after this, and threw out "THE PEOPLE" who were buyers and sellers there. Because this whole scene is about the unfaithfulness of God's people. Not about a literal Temple or stones who didn't know when they were visited. The gospel is about the spiritual condition of people, not of literal houses. But this is typical of all your responses, whether Preterism or Premillennialism, on this issue. They don't make any sense "when compared" with the whole of scripture. I repeat the scriptures because you don't appear to actually see them. Speaking of Jerusalem AS A CITY, Christ says:

Luke 19:42-46
                          • Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.
                          • For the days shall come upon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compass thee round, and keep thee in on every side,
                          • "And shall lay thee even with the ground, and thy children within thee; and they shall not leave in thee one stone upon another; because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.
                          • And he went into the temple, and began to cast out them that sold therein, and them that bought;
                          • Saying unto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye have made it a den of thieves."
                          And where is it written? Because this is a reference guidepost for us to search the scriptures and find out where it is written that we might understand.

Isaiah 56:7
                          • "Even them will I bring to my holy mountain, and make them joyful in my house of prayer: their burnt offerings and their sacrifices shall be accepted upon mine altar; for mine house shall be called an house of prayer for all people."
                          That's where it is written that the Lord's house shall be a house of prayer. But God's people of Israel had apostatized themselves and made it a place of abominations. And that abomination would leave them desolate. Just as it will happen with the New Testament Congregation today:

Jeremiah 7:9-11
                          • "Will ye steal, murder, and commit adultery, and swear falsely, and burn incense unto Baal, and walk after other gods whom ye know not;
                          • And come and stand before me in this house, which is called by my name, and say, We are delivered to do all these abominations?
                          • Is this house, which is called by my name, become a den of robbers in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen it, saith the LORD."
                          This is the passage Christ was referring to as He threw the buyers and sellers out of the Temple. They are the SAME PEOPLE whom Christ prophesied against them a SIGN: "Destroy this Temple and in 3 days I will raise it up. The context is that it's talking about the unfaithfulness of God's people, not about a pile of bricks "representing" their habitation. The buyers and sellers making God's house a den of thieves is a fulfillment of this prophecy.

Selah!

Comment

Yes!! Jesus spoke about the people and judgment that would come and about their temple (their pride and joy) that would soon be destroyed!!!
                            Matthew 24:1-3
                            Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
                            2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
                            3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
                            Last edited by GISMYS; 02-20-19, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Yes!! Jesus spoke about the people and judgment that would come and about their temple (their pride and joy) that would soon be destroyed!!!
                              Jesus went out, and departed from the temple: and his disciples came to him for to shew him the buildings of the temple.
                              2 And Jesus said unto them, See ye not all these things? verily I say unto you, There shall not be left here one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.
                              3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what shall be the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?
                              I do not think you understand what God's Word says especially when you do not know how to compare Scripture with Scripture.

My conversation with you on this subject ends immediately.

Erik

Comment

Who finds this scripture hard to understand??
                                Jesus spoke about the people and judgment that would come and about their temple (their pride and joy) that would soon be destroyed!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X