Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

On our Creator's Calendar

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diego 1618 View Post
    Originally posted by yosef View Post
    My enthusiasm for CARM has been tempered by the realization that very few are actually interested in reasoned discussion/debate. Most seem only interested in defending the belief system they inherited from a corrupt world. C'est la vie, indeed.
    How 'bout you, yosef?

Do you have any questions regarding the Sabbath resurrection that has been hidden from mainstream Christianity for almost 2000 years?

It appears there are few takers to my challenge.....for what reasons I'm not sure........
    You ignored my requests and questions.
    Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post

You ignored my requests and questions.
      To be courteous I'll just say......I don't like dealing with rude people. You can go ahead and try to convince yourself there is another reason I ignore you.....but it's really just because you're rude.

You probably won't hear from me again..............
      The stone was not rolled away from the tomb so He could come out. It was removed so the world could look in.......... and see that the tomb was empty.

Comment

Originally posted by ontheBeam View Post

I am not Yosef, but I do have something to add to the debate and that is I really do not care when Jesus arose, only that He did. I serve a risen Savior.

I will say the debate is interesting and you brought up some good debating, I shall call it fire power for the use of a better term. We are fortunate beyond belief to have the Holy Writ even if it has a few errors. The Plan of Salvation is there intact.

The fact that evening does start at noon brings up the question as to when the Israelite Sabbath originally began. Noon would be more accurate that sunset especially in mountainous areas and North and South pole regions.
        I think it's good to try and figure things out that just don't seem square to scripture and the resurrection story has always had some differing opinions regarding its chronology. You are correct in saying that the fact that our Savior rose is the only important thing.....but I don't think the Great God of the universe minds us attempting to nail down the chronology [Proverbs 25:2].

I'm pretty sure that the new day (Biblically) starts at sundown. The confusion regarding "Evening" or the Hebrew, "ereb"....stems from the fact that by the time the King James folks started translating the scriptures.....the English word "evening" meant something else entirely different from the Hebrew definition of "ereb"....hence the confusion in the chronology.
        The stone was not rolled away from the tomb so He could come out. It was removed so the world could look in.......... and see that the tomb was empty.

Comment

Originally posted by e v e View Post

What you explained about resurrection and sabbath made sense... and has to be... since the day of rest is the only day reserved for Him... when to remember and hold to our promise - and hope for - Shiloh which is His Return and our restoration... and will be our own resurrection from the dead... (His defacto undoing of the fall when Man entered death) .... this being the Change.

and that is what He showed us at His resurrection... that it was on the sabbath is important... thank you.

and the mistranslation of scripture is a given, and intentional.
          I think it's important to remember just where this "fairy tale" that Sunday has some kind of religious importance came from. It's not called the day of the "Sun" for nothing and the infant Catholic Church wished to assign it some reverence in their new interpretation of just what really took place.....and when it did. "Sol Invictus", The Unconquered Sun was one of the major gods of pagan Rome....and his special day was Sunday. It was only natural that the Roman Catholic Church would want him included in their new religion......so they changed the day of resurrection and informed the laity. They just couldn't change the original Greek....and this is where they were caught!

Martin Luther was and avid anti semite.....so dissing the Sabbath seemed O.K. to him.....and the confusion continued.

Comment

To be courteous I'll just say......I don't like dealing with rude people. You can go ahead and try to convince yourself there is another reason I ignore you.....but it's really just because you're rude.

Straight talk is often mistaken, and often conveniently so, as rudeness. I asked you simple but relevant questions.

Suit yourself.
            Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

I wholeheartedly agree.

that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
              (Mt 18:16, Deut. 17:6; 19:15; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1).

Trucker
              The apostolic word of God by the Twelve is the highest written authority, for it binds and loosens (Mat 16-19).
              Then the foundational prophets - NO OTHER WORKS QUALIFY

Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

I think it's important to remember just where this "fairy tale" that Sunday has some kind of religious importance came from. It's not called the day of the "Sun" for nothing and the infant Catholic Church wished to assign it some reverence in their new interpretation of just what really took place.....and when it did. "Sol Invictus", The Unconquered Sun was one of the major gods of pagan Rome....and his special day was Sunday. It was only natural that the Roman Catholic Church would want him included in their new religion......so they changed the day of resurrection and informed the laity. They just couldn't change the original Greek....and this is where they were caught!

Martin Luther was and avid anti semite.....so dissing the Sabbath seemed O.K. to him.....and the confusion continued.
                well the context is Nephesh soul not ape dna.

the adamite soul...

luther, as many, confused and not understanding the true topic is not
                the dna of fallen flesh but whose souls - His souls or
                Those of canaan.

Comment

Let's explore further......

One of the most poignant passages regarding the crucifixion/resurrection is this:

[Matthew 12:40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Just where is the "heart of the Earth"? And.....why would He be there?

Ask any casual Christian and they will tell you it means.....The Tomb! Does it? It was to be a very important sign as to what would follow so it shouldn't be to hard to figure out.

Comment

Let's explore further......

One of the most poignant passages regarding the crucifixion/resurrection is this:

[Matthew 12:40] For as Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly; so shall the Son of man be three days and three nights in the heart of the earth.

Just where is the "heart of the Earth"? And.....why would He be there?

Ask any casual Christian and they will tell you it means.....The Tomb! Does it? It was to be a very important sign as to what would follow so it shouldn't be to hard to figure out.
                    That should be "TOO"............as in also.

Comment

Any ideas what "Heart of the Earth" means? We should find out because He was there for three days and three nights and it's awful easy to prove it wasn't only the tomb.

Comment

Working...
                      X