Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Ever consider that Jesus was resurrected.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ever consider that Jesus was resurrected.....

in flesh and bone, not as a Spirit? We understand that God is a Spirit, so how does this figure in when men pray to Jesus as the Father and not to the Father whom Jesus said sought our worship?
    See, Jesus is the Word of God who came to men in the old Testament. He was made flesh and BLOOD to be our perfect legal sacrifice. But he was not resurrected as a Spirit as the Father.
    The Father send His Word to heal us. The Word is our life. Jesus is the Word of life. He is our high priest our brother, but he is not the Father whom we are to pray to, and Jesus prayed to.
    Jesus is our intercessor between us, and the Father God. We are to love, honor and obey Jesus... for he is the Word of God whom reveals the Father to us.In the beginning was THE WORD, the very Word of life that saves us and reveals to us the Father's character. Worship the Father as Jesus the Son did and told us to do.

John 4:24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.
    KJV

Luke 24:36 And as they thus spake, Jesus himself stood in the midst of them, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.

37 But they were terrified and affrighted, and supposed that they had seen a spirit.

38 And he said unto them, Why are ye troubled? and why do thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Behold my hands and my feet, that it is I myself: handle me, and see; for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have.
    KJV

1 John 1:1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life;

2(For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that eternal life, which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us; )

3 That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with his Son Jesus Christ.
    KJV

John 17:5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

6 I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.
    KJV
    John 8:49-51

49 Jesus answered, I have not a devil; but I honour my Father, and ye do dishonour me.

50 And I seek not mine own glory: there is one that seeketh and judgeth.

51 Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.
    KJV

The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
    Ever consider that Jesus was resurrected in flesh and bone, not as a Spirit? We understand that God is a Spirit, so how does this figure in when men pray to Jesus as the Father and not to the Father whom Jesus said sought our worship?
    ApparentlyJesus was ressurected as a Glorified Human - which is what WE will be on the other side. That he was fundamentally DIFFERENT after His ressurection, than he was before, is simply a matter of record.

Of course Jesus taught to PRAY TO FATHER, in HIS NAME (with his authority), so THAT seems to be the way we should proceed.

THE NORMAL PROBLEM, however is that in order to HAVE Jesus authority, one must be UNDER JESUS' AUTHORITY (Mat 8:9) which is an issue the "Visible Church" hasn't really worked out yet. When one IS UNDER AUTHORITY, then he HAS authority, and KNOWS what the extents of that authority are.

Comment

Ever consider that Jesus was resurrected...
      in flesh and bone, not as a Spirit?
      Have you ever tried (successfully) to walk through a closed door? The resurrected Jesus did:

John 20:19-20
      19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

Jesus is a spirit with flesh and bones.
      Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Have you ever tried (successfully) to walk through a closed door? The resurrected Jesus did:

19 On the evening of that first day of the week, when the disciples were together, with the doors locked for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood among them and said, "Peace be with you!" 20 After he said this, he showed them his hands and side. The disciples were overjoyed when they saw the Lord.

So are we a spirit that has flesh and bones and blood where our. life resides. But my point is, that Jesus is not the Father who seeks our worship
        The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

Actually, I must rectify my earlier response to you, as I rushed because I had to leave.
          So in regards to Jesus being a spirit, didn't I show you that Jesus said that a spirit does not have flesh and bones as they seen he had?

Yet God the Father, is the Father of spirits. I do not argue that Jesus is part of God, but he is the Word of God whom comes to men such as we see in the OT. But, when the Father made His Word, flesh, so the Word was manifested unto us as a flesh man, Jesus being God with us, for when we hear Jesus speak, we are hearing the Father's Word. There is a difference in saying that the WORD of the LORD came... and it saying the LORD Himself came.

Gen 15:1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.

2 And Abram said, Lord GOD, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?

3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.

4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
          KJV

1 Kings 12:22

22 But the word of God came unto Shemaiah the man of God, saying,
          KJV

Ex 19:19 And when the voice of the trumpet sounded long, and waxed louder and louder, Moses spake, and God answered him by a voice.

20 And the LORD came down upon mount Sinai, on the top of the mount: and the LORD called Moses up to the top of the mount; and Moses went up.
          KJV

Gen 11:5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
          KJV

Num 12:5 And the LORD came down in the pillar of the cloud, and stood in the door of the tabernacle, and called Aaron and Miriam: and they both came forth.
          KJV

Comment

"Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed -- in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed." (1 Corinthians 15:51-52)

"Dear friends, now we are children of God, and what we will be has not yet been made known. But we know that when he appears, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is." (1 John 3:2)

"[The Lord Jesus], who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body." (Philippians 3:21)

"And just as we have borne the likeness of the earthly man, so shall we bear the likeness of the man from heaven." (1 Corinthians 15:49)
            Jn 1:14_The Word became a human being and lived here with us.
            Jn 14:17_He is the Holy Spirit, he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Comment

Actually, I must rectify my earlier response to you, as I rushed because I had to leave.
              So in regards to Jesus being a spirit, didn't I show you that Jesus said that a spirit does not have flesh and bones as they seen he had?
              Let me clarify myself: The resurrected Jesus is a spiritual being who has flesh and bones, not strictly a spirit.
              Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

in flesh and bone, not as a Spirit?
                Are you...SERIOUS?
                What about flesh, bone, hair, organs, clothes, and organs?
                Most churchites believe he NEVER really died in the FIRST place, teaching he is God...or 1/3 God- and that 'He' was/has an IMMORTAL soul?
                So- how COULD he have been RESURRECTED?????

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

ApparentlyJesus was ressurected as a Glorified Human - which is what WE will be on the other side. That he was fundamentally DIFFERENT after His ressurection, than he was before, is simply a matter of record.

Of course Jesus taught to PRAY TO FATHER, in HIS NAME (with his authority), so THAT seems to be the way we should proceed.

THE NORMAL PROBLEM, however is that in order to HAVE Jesus authority, one must be UNDER JESUS' AUTHORITY (Mat 8:9) which is an issue the "Visible Church" hasn't really worked out yet. When one IS UNDER AUTHORITY, then he HAS authority, and KNOWS what the extents of that authority are.
                  Well stated Bob.

Comment

Apparently, Bob dances to another drummer...

Comment

Working...
                    X