Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

BIBLE QUESTIONS To Mr Trucker

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i answered your question, sir!

Originally posted by DANNO View Post

Not ONCE did you mention the HOLY SPIRIT and God in your lengthy post!, Sir

Can you CONFIRM and TESTIFY that you BELIEVE 2nd Tim 3: 16-17 is GOD's TRUTH? Simply say YES or NO, Sir

Can you Also CONFIRM and TESTIFY, God and the Holy Spirit INSPIRED 2nd Tim 3: 16-17 ? Simply say YES or NO, Sir
    I can confirm and testify that many many many [far too many to count] good, spiritual, Christians far more knowledgeable in the Scriptures than you are have considered 2 Tim 3:16-17 to be Scripture. I can confirm and testify that I have far more faith in 2 Tim 3:16-17 and the rest of the Scriptures than I will ever have in your heterodox rantings. I can also confirm and testify that the bullying and manipulative tactics you are using are all standard fare encountered when dealing with the cults. .

Something you don't understand?
    Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

To Mr T and Bob .

On your father:

Paul says:
      1Cor.4
      [15] For though you have countless guides in Christ, you do not have many fathers. For I became your father in Christ Jesus through the gospel.
      Phlm.1
      [10] I appeal to you for my child, Ones'imus, whose father I have become in my imprisonment.

Jesus says:
      Matt.23

[9] And call NO man your father on earth, for you have one Father, who is in Heaven.

Can you plz TESTIFY and ACCUSE God and the Holy Spirit of Inspiring Paul's words above?

Gen 17: 3 Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

4 ďAs for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, And you will be the father of a multitude of nations.

5 ďNo longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.

6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. 7 I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.

Would you consider yourself a child of Abraham?

Comment

So much debate. Danno might say : Abraham had a WIFE and had 2 Sons and thousands offspring! Paul had NO wife and NO offspring .

Do you consider Paul as your Father?

I think that God spoke truth. Jesus seems to agree by the first teaching in Matthew being "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.
        If God made distinction - mainly due to the promise of Abrahams children possessing his property - that the land would be for the children of Abraham as proportioned upon entry into the land of promise - Isn't the hope we have to be considered among those God calls "My people"? The Scripture highly regards those who are not Jews but choose to obey God as their God and to keep the conditions He gave in the Everlasting Covenant.

When did the Everlasting Covenant end - according to God, the Prophets and the Lord Jesus Christ?

Comment

Originally posted by B Student View Post

Gen 17: 3 Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him, saying,

4 “As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, And you will be the father of a multitude of nations.

5 “No longer shall your name be called Abram, But your name shall be Abraham; For I have made you the father of a multitude of nations.

6 I will make you exceedingly fruitful, and I will make nations of you, and kings will come forth from you. 7 I will establish My covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you throughout their generations for an everlasting covenant, to be God to you and to your descendants after you.

Would you consider yourself a child of Abraham?

Mr B Student

Abraham had a wife and two sons and billions of offsprings!

Paul had NO WIFE and NO CHILDREN! Tell us how Paul became your father ? ( 1 Cor 4: 15 )

You have a good chance to move from a "B" student to an "A" Student if you keep reading my posts /threads.

I look forward to read your reply and your reply to my brother Louis post.

Waiting..

Comment

Mr B Student

Abraham had a wife and two sons and billions of offsprings!

Paul had NO WIFE and NO CHILDREN! Tell us how Paul became your father ? ( 1 Cor 4: 15 )

You have a good chance to move from a "B" student to an "A" Student if you keep reading my posts /threads.

I look forward to read your reply and your reply to my brother Louis post.

Waiting..

Please first answer my question:

Do you consider yourself a child of Abraham? Yes or No.

Thanks.

Comment

Please first answer my question:

Do you consider yourself a child of Abraham? Yes or No.

Thanks.
              Yes
              Gen 12: 3
              Gen 17: 4

So, do you accept Paul as your father or spiritual father or both? 1st Cor 4: 15

Will you be answering my Brothers Louis post ? Yes or no

Comment

Yes
                Gen 12: 3
                Gen 17: 4

So, do you accept Paul as your father or spiritual father or both? 1st Cor 4: 15

Will you be answering my Brothers Louis post ? Yes or no
                1Thes 2:11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,

1Cor 4:15 For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

Paul was a father, not by title, but as a result of him playing a fatherly role to many in the ecclesia. It was by his preaching of the gospel that many came to be born into Christ, and it is in that sense he figuratively refers to his role as a father. It does not mean he is taking on the title of "father". He is not instructing them to call him father. He refers to them as brethren in Christ.

1Cor 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind
                and in the same judgment.

And also referring to them as brethren in this letter 18 other times: 1Cor 1:11, 26, 2:1, 3:1, 4:6, 7:24, 29, 8:12, 10:1, 11:33, 12:1, 14:6, 20, 26, 39, 15:1, 58, 16:15

I count Paul a brother, as did the ecclesia.

So, you consider yourself a child of Abraham. Is that because you are a blood relative of him?

Or do you count him your father for some other reason?

Comment

1Thes 2:11 As ye know how we exhorted and comforted and charged every one of you, as a father doth his children,

1Cor 4:15 For if you were to have countless tutors in Christ, yet you would not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I became your father through the gospel.

Paul was a father, not by title, but as a result of him playing a fatherly role to many in the ecclesia. It was by his preaching of the gospel that many came to be born into Christ, and it is in that sense he figuratively refers to his role as a father. It does not mean he is taking on the title of "father". He is not instructing them to call him father. He refers to them as brethren in Christ.

1Cor 1:10 Now I exhort you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all agree and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be made complete in the same mind

And also referring to them as brethren in this letter 18 other times: 1Cor 1:11, 26, 2:1, 3:1, 4:6, 7:24, 29, 8:12, 10:1, 11:33, 12:1, 14:6, 20, 26, 39, 15:1, 58, 16:15

I count Paul a brother, as did the ecclesia.

So, you consider yourself a child of Abraham. Is that because you are a blood relative of him?

Are you now telling the readers you accept Paul as " Brother" and NOT as a spiritual Father? 1st Cor 4: 15

Do you agree Yeshua did NOT say He will send us another Human Mortal Apostle in John 16: 13 ,,John 14: 26 , John 14: 16

Do you agree Paul came on the scene AFTER Yeshua/ Jesus ascended to Heaven and AFTER He spoke those promises in John above?

Comment

Are you now telling the readers you accept Paul as " Brother" and NOT as a spiritual Father? 1st Cor 4: 15

Do you agree Yeshua did NOT say He will send us another Human Mortal Apostle in John 16: 13 ,,John 14: 26 , John 14: 16

Do you agree Paul came on the scene AFTER Yeshua/ Jesus ascended to Heaven and AFTER He spoke those promises in John above?
                    Remember my questions:

Comment

Remember my questions:

Go back and read your post No 20 and then read my reply in post 21 threee more times.

Nite nite.

Comment

Go back and read your post No 20 and then read my reply in post 21 threee more times.

Nite nite.
                        You could be an Israelite of blood descent. How should I know?

Based on your response, I assume you consider Abraham you father through faith, and not by blood.

So then, how do you justify your position in light of Mat 23:9?

Comment

You could be an Israelite of blood descent. How should I know?

Based on your response, I assume you consider Abraham you father through faith, and not by blood.

So then, how do you justify your position in light of Mat 23:9?
                          There are many things you don't know about me and my blood line. I have no interest in discussing my name and blood line. I only discuss what is presented in the Bible and your beliefs.

So, are you ready to reply to my brother's post 18 and my post 19

Do you regard Paul as your BROTHER or your Father or spiritual father or both. 1st Cor 4: 15

Perhaps you can help Mr Trucker answer the questions in this thread? After all It was your choice to enter this thread.

Comment

I count Paul a BROTHER, as did the ecclesia.

Do you regard Paul as your BROTHER or your Father or spiritual father or both. 1st Cor 4: 15

1st Cor 4: 15 does NOT say he became your BROTHER! Agree ?

Comment

There are many things you don't know about me and my blood line. I have no interest in discussing my name and blood line. I only discuss what is presented in the Bible and your beliefs.

So, are you ready to reply to my brother's post 18 and my post 19

Perhaps you can help Mr Trucker answer the questions in this thread? After all It was your choice to enter this thread.

Paul repeatedly classified himself as a brother. A brother can perform fatherly roles in the ecclesia: exhorting, guiding, teaching the gospel which leads to new life etc. (which is what 1Cor 4:15 alludes to). Paul never told the brothers to call him father, and he repeatedly addresses them as brethren.

Likewise, Paul is not my father in Christ; I consider him a brother in Christ.

Do you deny that Paul considered the members of the ecclesia his brethren? Yes/No

As for your brother's comments, I would agree that God has a special purpose with Israel by faith. I believe Godís covenant with Abraham is still valid.

You don't need to talk about your name or blood line. If Abraham is your father by faith, then how do you justify your position in light of Mat 23:9? Or is he not your father by faith?

Comment

Paul repeatedly classified himself as a brother. A brother can perform fatherly roles in the ecclesia: exhorting, guiding, teaching the gospel which leads to new life etc. (which is what 1Cor 4:15 alludes to). Paul never told the brothers to call him father, and he repeatedly addresses them as brethren.

Likewise, Paul is not my father in Christ; I consider him a brother in Christ.

Do you deny that Paul considered the members of the ecclesia his brethren? Yes/No

As for your brother's comments, I would agree that God has a special purpose with Israel by faith. I believe Godís covenant with Abraham is still valid.

You don't need to talk about your name or blood line. If Abraham is your father by faith, then how do you justify your position in light of Mat 23:9? Or is he not your father by faith?
                                I simply asked if you accept Paul as a FATHER? 1st Cor 4: 15

Do you agree it does NOT say BROTHER or UNCLE or COUSIN in 1st Cor 4: 15 ? Yes or no

So, do you reject Paul as your FATHER? Yes or no or not sure?

Comment

Working...
                                X