Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness - Your Eternity Depends on It

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness - Your Eternity Depends on It

Action is required. You must seek the kingdom of God. You must be found righteous upon your last breath. You should be practicing righteousness, not sinning or lawlessness.

Matthew 6:33 - English Standard Version (ESV)
    But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

And note here, few will find that narrow gate.

Matthew 7:13-14 English Standard Version (ESV)
    13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Many don't consider themselves worthy of eternal life, and so serve Satan. And many are not aware of the eternal consequence of their lives, while breathing air. This post is an effort to reduce the number of that many.

What should you do? Try reading the New Testament of the Holy Bible beginning with the book of Matthew. Seek earnestly as it is indeed eternally important.

Contact Christians, those you know are believers, and be around each other as roommates and neighbors. And don't be deceived; there are many imitating Christians, and few believing Christians.

Originally posted by PraiseTheLord View Post
    Action is required. You must seek the kingdom of God. You must be found righteous upon your last breath. You should be practicing righteousness, not sinning or lawlessness.
    Your heart is in the right place and thanks for posting. Only God knows the hearts of our fellow man. I pray you are not mistakenly judging others. Jesus came to be the final sacrifice that man ever needs for the covering of our sins. Our goal should be to become perfect, but we are born sinners and sinners we will be until Jesus gives us an immortal life. Telling others to do something you and I are not able to do only makes them lean further away from Christianity.

But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

13 “Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy[a] that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. 14 For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Many don't consider themselves worthy of eternal life, and so serve Satan. And many are not aware of the eternal consequence of their lives, while breathing air. This post is an effort to reduce the number of that many.

What should you do? Try reading the New Testament of the Holy Bible beginning with the book of Matthew. Seek earnestly as it is indeed eternally important.

Contact Christians, those you know are believers, and be around each other as roommates and neighbors. And don't be deceived; there are many imitating Christians, and few believing Christians.
    If the church you attend is not one of judgment and does not have extra nonbiblical beliefs, instead of telling others what they should do why not invite them to fellowship and show them what a wonderful life Christianity can be.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.

Comment

Originally posted by ontheBeam View Post
      Your heart is in the right place and thanks for posting. Only God knows the hearts of our fellow man. I pray you are not mistakenly judging others. Jesus came to be the final sacrifice that man ever needs for the covering of our sins. Our goal should be to become perfect, but we are born sinners and sinners we will be until Jesus gives us an immortal life. Telling others to do something you and I are not able to do only makes them lean further away from Christianity.

If the church you attend is not one of judgment and does not have extra nonbiblical beliefs, instead of telling others what they should do why not invite them to fellowship and show them what a wonderful life Christianity can be.
      You've posted nothing relevant to my original post.
      Your post is an excellent example of whats wrong with Christianity today, including your irrelevant strawman arguments.

1 Corinthians 5:13 KJV
      King James Bible
      But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

Comment

You've posted nothing relevant to my original post.
        You wrote: "You should be practicing righteousness, not sinning or lawlessness."

I wrote: "Telling others to do something you and I are not able to do only makes them lean further away from Christianity." Why is that not relevant? Are you able to not sin? If we could make ourselves perfect then we wouldn't need a Saviour now would we.

Your post is an excellent example of whats wrong with Christianity today, including your irrelevant strawman arguments.
        What is strawman as to what I wrote? Your making a shallow statement like that proves nothing. Get to the point.

1 Corinthians 5:13 KJV
        King James Bible
        But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.
        Do you realize how your quote from the Bible is saying? You have used it to say that I am without God and I am wicked. Do you think by using scripture you are avoiding taking the blame for writing such? You have no idea about my love for Jesus and my fellow man.

I was only trying to help you and you turn around and try to make me out as an ogre. OY!

Comment

I don't disagree, but please explain
          how those who aren't born-again
          (like Nicodemus) can see that Kingdom?

No need for the two prophets (Rev 11) to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.
          Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

Read the Bible and trust what it says. God will either clarify difficult points or He will send His servants to explain things as in the eunuch in Acts 8:26-39.

Comment

You wrote: "You should be practicing righteousness, not sinning or lawlessness."

I wrote: "Telling others to do something you and I are not able to do only makes them lean further away from Christianity." Why is that not relevant? Are you able to not sin? If we could make ourselves perfect then we wouldn't need a Saviour now would we.

What is strawman as to what I wrote? Your making a shallow statement like that proves nothing. Get to the point.

Do you realize how your quote from the Bible is saying? You have used it to say that I am without God and I am wicked. Do you think by using scripture you are avoiding taking the blame for writing such? You have no idea about my love for Jesus and my fellow man.

I was only trying to help you and you turn around and try to make me out as an ogre. OY!
              ​You demonstrated your misunderstanding of practicing righteousness, which is essential for being a Christian.

You demonstrated not knowing what a strawman argument is, even after making at least one. And then put it upon me to explain it to you, when you could have easily found out with a simple internet search.

You've been posting evil against my post and me, and then claim you're the victim.

I am now trying to make peace. If you want to know about being a Christian, then apologize and ask me. I then will make an effort to help you. Otherwise, please respect what I've written in my original post, or kindly step out of my thread. Thank you.

Comment

PTL, you wrote and I quote "Action is required. You must seek the kingdom of God. You must be found righteous upon your last breath. You should be practicing righteousness, not sinning or lawlessness."

I responded with the following: "Telling others to do something you and I are not able to do only makes them lean further away from Christianity." That statement speaks the truth. No one on this Earth is able to do what you prescribe and is an insult to the One who came to save us from eternal death. It is only through His righteousness Covering our sins that we are able to escape eternal death. Your statement sounds like the one I once revered only to find she was a false prophet.

That is not a strawman PTL. Getting all huffy because I don't agree with your post shows me something and telling me: to apologize and ask you. You will then will make an effort to help me. Otherwise, please respect what I've written in my original post, or kindly step out of my thread. Thank you. is ludicrous. I have nothing to apologize for and I certainly do not need your help. I have the one Jesus sent as a gift to mankind as my help. Furthermore, I have every right, If I do not break the rules of the forum, to continue to post wherever I choose.

Comment

PTL, you wrote and I quote "Action is required. You must seek the kingdom of God. You must be found righteous upon your last breath. You should be practicing righteousness, not sinning or lawlessness."

I responded with the following: "Telling others to do something you and I are not able to do only makes them lean further away from Christianity." That statement speaks the truth. No one on this Earth is able to do what you prescribe and is an insult to the One who came to save us from eternal death. It is only through His righteousness Covering our sins that we are able to escape eternal death. Your statement sounds like the one I once revered only to find she was a false prophet.

That is not a strawman PTL. Getting all huffy because I don't agree with your post shows me something and telling me: to apologize and ask you. You will then will make an effort to help me. Otherwise, please respect what I've written in my original post, or kindly step out of my thread. Thank you. is ludicrous. I have nothing to apologize for and I certainly do not need your help. I have the one Jesus sent as a gift to mankind as my help. Furthermore, I have every right, If I do not break the rules of the forum, to continue to post wherever I choose.
                  The thread is about:

Please post on topic or kindly step off the thread. Thank you.

Comment

The thread is about:

Please post on topic or kindly step off the thread. Thank you.
                    No thank you. I will be here to keep the thread on a true course.

Question: are you a sinner like the rest of us?

Comment

Question: are you a sinner like the rest of us?
                      "sinner like the rest of us"? If you're a sinner then you need to be born again.

Everyone who has been born again (became a Christian) is NO LONGER a sinner. We were sinners (citizens of the kingdom of Satan), but through the new birth we have become saints (citizens of the kingdom of God). Christians who commit a sin do not revert to being a sinner; we just need to repent and ask God for forgiveness in Jesus' name, and we'll be cleansed as if we had never sinned.
                      Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Sorry Al, I do not agree with you. We are, not were, sinners saved by Grace. We are still sinners.

Christians who commit a sin do not revert to being a sinner; we just need to repent and ask God for forgiveness in Jesus' name, and we'll be cleansed as if we had never sinned.
                        Sin is not limited to just the 10 commandments. Sin is ignoring someone, sin is being harsh with others, sin is not responding to the needs of others. I could go on all day writing more commands we fail than most of us ever realize we do each day. Do we love our neighbors as Jesus loves us? I sin and do not realize that I am hurting others or myself.

No, we do not "revert" to being sinners, we are sinners, sinners saved by Jesus Christ. If we believe in Him He tells us: 24 ‘Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

We become sinless in Him only because He paid the ransom yet we still sin. If anyone believes they are above others because they think they have stopped sinning they better have another look at their past. Jesus had a lot to say to the pious Pharisees who looked down at everyone else. I vow not to be like the Pharisees, how about you?

Comment

Sorry Al, I do not agree with you. We are, not were, sinners saved by Grace. We are still sinners.
                          Well, you are not disagreeing with me, you're disagreeing with Scripture.

Those of us who were born again are not what we were.

Apparently you've never noticed that in some of Paul's epistles he did not write, "To the sinners at ..."; instead he wrote, "To the saints at ...". He never referred to born-again people as "sinners", but as "saints."

You really need to read the New Covenant epistles.

Sin is not limited to just the 10 commandments. Sin is ignoring someone, sin is being harsh with others, sin is not responding to the needs of others. I could go on all day writing more commands we fail than most of us ever realize we do each day. Do we love our neighbors as Jesus loves us? I sin and do not realize that I am hurting others or myself.
                          Being a sinner has nothing to do with the 10 commandments (which were part of the Law that Jesus fulfilled). Just because we sin does not make us sinners.

No, we do not "revert" to being sinners, we are sinners, sinners saved by Jesus Christ. If we believe in Him He tells us: 24 ‘Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.
                          I agree, we do not revert to being sinners, because in Christ we become saints. However, because we still live in a carnal body with its desires:

Rom 6:8-14
                          8 Now if we died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. 9 For we know that since Christ was raised from the dead, he cannot die again; death no longer has mastery over him. 10 The death he died, he died to sin once for all; but the life he lives, he lives to God.

11 In the same way, count yourselves dead to sin but alive to God in Christ Jesus. 12 Therefore do not let sin reign in your mortal body so that you obey its evil desires. 13 Do not offer the parts of your body to sin, as instruments of wickedness, but rather offer yourselves to God, as those who have been brought from death to life; and offer the parts of your body to him as instruments of righteousness. 14 For sin shall not be your master, because you are not under law, but under grace.
                          NIV

We become sinless in Him only because He paid the ransom yet we still sin. If anyone believes they are above others because they think they have stopped sinning they better have another look at their past. Jesus had a lot to say to the pious Pharisees who looked down at everyone else. I vow not to be like the Pharisees, how about you?
                          Ah, the classic "we are sinners because we occasionally sin" belief. Being a "sinner" or a "saint" has to do with citizenship, not actions. If you believe you're a sinner, then you need to be born again, and then renew your mind to who and what you've become.

Rom 8:1-4
                          8 Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, 2 because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death. 3 For what the law was powerless to do in that it was weakened by the sinful nature, God did by sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful man to be a sin offering. And so he condemned sin in sinful man, 4 in order that the righteous requirements of the law might be fully met in us, who do not live according to the sinful nature but according to the Spirit.

Last edited by AlFin; 02-21-19, 12:12 PM.
                          Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Hi Al, do you sin? If yes then you are a sinner saved by Grace. If you say no then Jesus came and offered Himself as a sin offering for naught, for nothing. The Law of sin and death WAS the 10 commandments. We are free from that law to serve a better law, the law of love.

You wrote:
                            Ah, the classic "we are sinners because we occasionally sin" belief.
                            How would you put it, Al? It is so simple and so why do you try to make it so difficult? We are sinners saved by the shed Blood of our Savior Jesus Christ. How does being born again does not stop anyone from sinning?

Comment

Hi Al, do you sin? If yes then you are a sinner saved by Grace. If you say no then Jesus came and offered Himself as a sin offering for naught, for nothing. The Law of sin and death WAS the 10 commandments. We are free from that law to serve a better law, the law of love.

How would you put it, Al? It is so simple and so why do you try to make it so difficult? We are sinners saved by the shed Blood of our Savior Jesus Christ. How does being born again does not stop anyone from sinning?
                              Yes, it IS simple, you're the one making it complicated.

If you're born again into the kingdom of God you become a saint. That is what a saint is: a citizen of the kingdom of God. It has nothing to do with whether or not we commit sin after being born again.
                              Committing a sin has no bearing on your citizenship, either spiritually or naturally.

I am an American citizen because I was born in America. Committing a crime does not change my citizenship. Neither does committing a sin after being born into the family of God get one kicked out of the kingdom of God.

A "sinner" is what a citizen of the realm of darkness is called.

It's a matter of citizenship, not moral perfection/imperfection.

Comment

Working...
                              X