Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Eating of Christ's flesh and drinking of his blood (Communion)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eating of Christ's flesh and drinking of his blood (Communion)

Hello everyone! I have a question. But first let me tell you that I am a chronic pain sufferer. I have many health problems and I am only 42. I have been this way for some time. I am a Christian. I was born into a Catholic family where I was baptized and made my first communion. I know how the Catholics feel about going to church and how important communion is every Sunday. But because of my health issues as well as deep chronic depression and social anxieties I don't go to church. But I am very much into reading the bible and prayer. I try to have a close relationship with Jesus and God the father every single day. Now because I don't go to church I don't have communion. And this is what my question is about. It talks a lot in the bible about the importance of eating of the flesh and drinking of Christ's blood. Such as in John 6:53 Communion is suppose to restore us physically, mentally, and spiritually. At least that is what a lot of people believe. But what does it say in the bible exactly about this subject? Such as in John 6:53. Do we take this literally and into today's day and age. Of course not literally, literally but with a substitute of bread and wine? Is this something I should be doing? Some would say this why I am so sick. Or if I took communion I would get better. But for me even if I went to my Catholic church on Sunday I cannot go up for communion if I was to obey there laws. You are not suppose to take communion if you have any mortal sins that you have not confessed to a priest about. And not going to church every Sunday is a mortal sin to Catholics. So is not going to confession. But its hard for me to go to confession because of my social anxiety. Now I know Catholics don't believe in giving themselves communion but what do others here think about it? Is this something I can do at home? How do others feel about this? Is this something we all should be doing? I am willing to go to a different church if need be.Thanks

Originally posted by eascusa View Post
    Hello everyone! I have a question. But first let me tell you that I am a chronic pain sufferer. I have many health problems and I am only 42. I have been this way for some time. I am a Christian. I was born into a Catholic family where I was baptized and made my first communion. I know how the Catholics feel about going to church and how important communion is every Sunday. But because of my health issues as well as deep chronic depression and social anxieties I don't go to church. But I am very much into reading the bible and prayer. I try to have a close relationship with Jesus and God the father every single day. Now because I don't go to church I don't have communion. And this is what my question is about. It talks a lot in the bible about the importance of eating of the flesh and drinking of Christ's blood. Such as in John 6:53 Communion is suppose to restore us physically, mentally, and spiritually. At least that is what a lot of people believe. But what does it say in the bible exactly about this subject? Such as in John 6:53. Do we take this literally and into today's day and age. Of course not literally, literally but with a substitute of bread and wine? Is this something I should be doing? Some would say this why I am so sick. Or if I took communion I would get better. But for me even if I went to my Catholic church on Sunday I cannot go up for communion if I was to obey there laws. You are not suppose to take communion if you have any mortal sins that you have not confessed to a priest about. And not going to church every Sunday is a mortal sin to Catholics. So is not going to confession. But its hard for me to go to confession because of my social anxiety. Now I know Catholics don't believe in giving themselves communion but what do others here think about it? Is this something I can do at home? How do others feel about this? Is this something we all should be doing? I am willing to go to a different church if need be.Thanks

Good. Almost anyplace is better to go to. Thank you for that willingness , if it is real and true, while seeking the truth. There is very alive help available to you, spiritually and physically (honest doctors or health advisors are around, but often hard to find as they are few, and they are "quiet" , and they are NOT approved by drug makers) ,

but it is almost never found in the group most are born into - and when the truth is found, the group kicks out the one who found the truth ! (this also is GOOD (to be kicked out of such groups).

Read all the words of Jesus in the NT as soon as feasible for you to do. Forget everything else , at least for a while, as much as possible. Seek directions directly from the Creator Himself , Sovereign in Heaven , while READING THE BIBLE DIRECTLY (absolutely no commentaries or catechisms or other literature - ONLY THE BIBLE). (this may change later , or sooner, as Yahweh directs/ allows/ permits --- some people do very well with ONLY THE BIBLE (this is BEST), but few are able to accomplish this - yet also remember what is impossible with men (like getting free from the beast or babylon) is possible with Yahweh (God). )

Comment

“Therefore if they say to you ....
      ‘Look, the Christ is in the inner rooms!’
      - tabernacles
      do not believe it. (Mat 24:26).

The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God
      Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

In the Seventh Day Adventist church the elders bring the bread and the wine to the person in their homes. The communion is to cleanse the heart of sin as often as we do this. Healing is to have the elders do an anointing service for you in accordance with James 5:13-16. God is still all powerful and all wise. He can heal at any moment He chooses to or He can allow us to stay sick if that sickness will help us to come unto Him like He did with Elisha in II Kings 13:14. Our job is to rest in His all knowing love.

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Goodchild View Post

In the Seventh Day Adventist church the elders bring the bread and the wine to the person in their homes. The communion is to cleanse the heart of sin as often as we do this. Healing is to have the elders do an anointing service for you in accordance with James 5:13-16. God is still all powerful and all wise. He can heal at any moment He chooses to or He can allow us to stay sick if that sickness will help us to come unto Him like He did with Elisha in II Kings 13:14. Our job is to rest in His all knowing love.
          eascusa

There is no scripture which supports that bread cleanses.

Adventist are led by a false prophet and produce all sorts of nonsense.

They cannot provide to or three foundational apostles or prophets (Eph 2:20),
          who prophesied and witnessed about Ellen White.

that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
          (Mt 18:16, Deut. 17:6; 19:15; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1).

Now watch them get angry.

The 2 end-time prophets will preach a return to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets to those, who are intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding tares to the word of God

Comment

Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

eascusa

There is no scripture which supports that bread cleanses.

Adventist are led by a false prophet and produce all sorts of nonsense.

They cannot provide to or three foundational apostles or prophets (Eph 2:20),
            who prophesied and witnessed about Ellen White.

that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
            (Mt 18:16, Deut. 17:6; 19:15; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1).

Now watch them get angry.
            I don't believe that I ever claimed that the Bread cleanses. I did say that the elders brought the bread and wine to the house for those who can't get out and get to church. Is it ok Conqueror to help the disabled to partake of communion?

Comment

The communion is to cleanse the heart of sin ...........

I don't believe that I ever claimed that the Bread cleanses.
              Salvation by eating bread is your theology,
              but not scriptural

eascusa

Comment

but not scriptural

eascusa
                When that bread represents the flesh of Jesus, then there is salvation in it. When the wine represents the blood of Christ shed at Calvary for us, then that "bread" and that "wine" brings salvation to anyone who eats and drinks it by faith.

Comment

but not scriptural

When that bread represents the flesh of Jesus, then there is salvation in it.
                  You have already made justification by eating bread abundantly clear.

Comment

Thank you, now all people have to do is partake of the Lord's Supper by faith in Jesus and they will be saved. .

Comment

When that bread represents the flesh of Jesus, then there is salvation in it.

Thank you, now all people have to do is partake of the Lord's Supper by faith in Jesus and they will be saved. .
                      Don't forget about that faith in EGW, the false prophetess
                      and pretending to keep the Sabbath.

Comment

Any Christian can partake of communion any time they want to.

1 Cor 11:23-26
                        23 For I received from the Lord what I also passed on to you: The Lord Jesus, on the night he was betrayed, took bread, 24 and when he had given thanks, he broke it and said, "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me." 25 In the same way, after supper he took the cup, saying, "This cup is the new covenant in my blood; do this, whenever you drink it, in remembrance of me." 26 For whenever you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord's death until he comes.
                        Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

You might want to ask this in the Catholic forum. To us, Communion is a ritual we do because we're instructed to, but it is only symbolic and not critical if we can't do it.

I don't know about your specific situation, but I do know others who suffer chronic pain and in most cases, if they'd start taking care of themselves (e.g. eating right to reduce chronic inflammation) they would reduce, if not eliminate their chronic pain. Doctors don't see as their job to encourage you to take care of yourself. They only see it as their job to treat your symptoms.

You could talk to your church and see if someone would visit your home to administer Communion. Many churches have portable Communion supplies for home-bound members.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruk View Post

You might want to ask this in the Catholic forum. To us, Communion is a ritual we do because we're instructed to, but it is only symbolic and not critical if we can't do it.
                            That is sheer deception for Catholics are commanded to believe,
                            that the wafer and the wine are turned
                            into the body and blood of Christ.

However most of the hypocrites don't believe that.

Originally posted by JoeT View Post

I said those who don't partake of the Eucharist, the Real Presence, don't have eternal life. You are absolutely correct, those who DO NOT participate, DO NOT have eternal life - rather simple concept isn't it?

Comment

Justification comes from accepting Jesus by faith. When we have accepted Jesus by faith, He asks us to be baptized by full emersion in water and to partake of the Lord's Supper - which includes eating the bread of His body and the wine of His blood. Do you partake of the Lords Supper Conqueror?

Comment

Working...
                              X