Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Last days falling away is here today!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last days falling away is here today!!

WHY?? I ask the same question!! Why?? Baptist and Southern Baptist were once considered "watchmen on the wall" and not afraid to teach about God's love but also not afraid to warn about a very real coming judgment and real hell for those that love sin and reject God's love!!====Yes!!! we are living in the last days!! =2Timothy 4:3

Baptist have never been anything more carnal man followers...

1Co 1:11 For it hath been declared unto me of you, my brethren, by them which are of the house of Chloe, that there are contentions among you.
    1Co 1:12 Now this I say, that every one of you saith, I am of Paul; and I of Apollos; and I of Cephas; and I of Christ.

1Co 3:4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

We have accepted divisions as a normal part of historical Christianity.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

The great falling away was witnessed immediately following the death of the real "watchmen"... The Apostles of Jesus Christ.

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
      WHY?? I ask the same question!! Why??
      Human nature, and satanic enticement. Nothing else required to explain.

Comment

Originally posted by praise_yeshua View Post
        The great falling away was witnessed immediately following the death of the real "watchmen"... The Apostles of Jesus Christ.
        We both know that the "Falling away" was already in progress while the Apostles were still around.

That was a good thing in one respect, since that's the problem that caused Paul's epistles to be written -

Comment

2 Timothy 4:33
          For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;========That time is today!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

We both know that the "Falling away" was already in progress while the Apostles were still around.

That was a good thing in one respect, since that's the problem that caused Paul's epistles to be written -
            Then... "after my departure"...... means what?

Comment

Timothy 4:33
              For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;======1 Timothy 4:11
              The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by
              demons
              ==That time is today!!

Comment

Then... "after my departure"...... means what?
                Be more specific.

Comment

Be more specific.
                  Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
                  Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
                  Act 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.

Comment

Act 20:29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock.
                    Act 20:30 Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them.
                    Act 20:31 Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears.
                    The passage speaks for itself. The visible church was fragmenting while Paul was alive, and he knew that things weren't gonna get any better when he was gone. and they didn't - UNTIL God's man Luther restored the MOST IMPORTANT THING that the Romanists had completely obliterated - Salvation by FAITH, with "Works" not being involved in it.

Comment

The passage speaks for itself. The visible church was fragmenting while Paul was alive,
                      It didn't happen till later in the lives of the apostles. The apostles exercised POWER. Real POWER. The "church" as a whole never really matured on this earth. Which is why so very few of the "many members" can be seen as examples to follow.

The assembly has always struggled with ego, pride and the never ending thirst for power/control over another human being. We can't even control ourselves but we seek to control others.

The "great falling away" includes all peoples of the earth.

and he knew that things weren't gonna get any better when he was gone. and they didn't
                      It changed dramatically after his "departure". Which is the very reason we have so little information that survived from the late 1st and 2nd century. The "wolves" saw their opportunity. They grasped the chance to separate the flock. It couldn't happen while the watchmen were active in their midst.

Today, we have thousands upon thousands upon thousands of individual churches all claiming heritage in the apostles and all DIVIDED like never before.

- UNTIL God's man Luther restored the MOST IMPORTANT THING that the Romanists had completely obliterated - Salvation by FAITH, with "Works" not being involved in it.
                      Thank God for Luther..... However, Luther is given more credit than he should get. There has always been a remnant and it wasn't centered in any denomination like some would like for you to think. God has always had His people who refuse to believe that we must bow at the feet of another. Those that believe that they had direct and divine access to God through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord.

There were plenty in Luther's day just waiting

Comment

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The falling away isn't a "defection from truth" as most Christians believe. In 2 Thes. 2 the word apostasia is a noun and is an EVENT that brings on the man of sin. Falling away is a very poor translation of apostasia. More accurate is that it's an end-time revolt or rebellion.

Comment

1Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that """in the latter times""" some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;

1Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;

Comment

Originally posted by snapalong View Post

Now we beseech you, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto him,That ye be not soon shaken in mind, or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that the day of Christ is at hand. Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;

The falling away isn't a "defection from truth" as most Christians believe. In 2 Thes. 2 the word apostasia is a noun and is an EVENT that brings on the man of sin. Falling away is a very poor translation of apostasia. More accurate is that it's an end-time revolt or rebellion.
                            Since the Visible church (regardless of "Brand") in 2019 is a mixture, in varying proportions, of "Wheat", and "Tares", there will be a point at which there will be a separation, and the Church of Ephesians 4 will come forth.

Comment

Yes, Dispensationalists (pretribbers, Zionists, whatever) represent a falling away, and they're dragging others away. I mean, when some demon who claims to be a Christian is telling you that we should bomb Iran or Iraq for weapons they don't have (but have a right to), that causes some people to think Christians are criminally insane, and so it's best not to be a Christian.

But, I have faith that will bring healing to His church and the Dispensationalists will be cast into outer darkness and their demonic doctrines will no longer be welcome in our churches. Dispensationalism is already on the decline.

We are not living in the end times. We're just living in a time of unprecedented attack on the church from within, which shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                              X