Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Samarians' Water vs Jesus' Water

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Samarians' Water vs Jesus' Water

John 3:5 . . I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

There lacks a consensus among the experts as to the meaning of the water about which Jesus spoke. But I think it's pretty simple because he spoke of it again in the very next chapter to a no-account woman that he met on the road to Samaria.

John 4:14 . .Whoever drinks the water I shall give will never thirst; the water I shall give will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

In other words; the water that Jesus spoke of in John 3:5 isn't for baptism; it's for drinking.
    _

Originally posted by Od:hgd View Post
    John 3:5 . . I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit.

There lacks a consensus among the experts as to the meaning of the water about which Jesus spoke. But I think it's pretty simple because he spoke of it again in the very next chapter to a no-account woman that he met on the road to Samaria.

John 4:14 . .Whoever drinks the water I shall give will never thirst; the water I shall give will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.

In other words; the water that Jesus spoke of in John 3:5 isn't for baptism; it's for drinking.
    _
    Born of drinking water ? Thats a new one .
    No conviction,No conversion
    John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

_
      "Drinking"figuratively" of the Fullness of the Holy Spirit. no "Water"involved.

In C3 it refers to NATURAL BIRTH vs SPIRITUAL BIRTH as the context indicates.

Comment

_
        Only guys would miss the meaning of the statement attributed to Christ. Most mothers will know what “born of water” means. Every mammal gestates in a bag of fluid. Not till that bag breaks is a mammal “born of water”. But being born as a human is not enough to enter his kingdom for one must also be born of Spirit too. This is not heady stuff, my friends, just common sense.

The context supports this meaning since the following explanation is given: (3:6) That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.
        We shall not injure God by remaining ignorant of Him, but shall deprive ourselves of His friendship.

Comment

John 3:6 . .That which is born of the flesh is flesh

The Greek word for "flesh" in John 3:3-8 is sarx (sarx) which basically refers to the meaty parts of the body rather than its liquids.

Sarx incudes microscopic meaty parts too, for example:

Rom 1:3 . . His son Jesus Christ our Lord; which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh

The koin Greek word for "seed" in that passage is sperma (sper' mah) which in males typically refers to their reproductive stuff and/or their genetic material; especially when the seed is according to the flesh-- according to the sarx -- viz: biological seed rather than spiritual seed.

NOTE: There is a divine seed (1John 3:9) which is transferred by the Spirit via John 3:6.

Anyway, in a nutshell: It would not profit people to start all over again in their mother's womb because the only kind of life that women are equipped to produce is human life; whereas among the varieties of life that the Spirit is equipped to produce is eternal life; in other words: that which is divine rather than human. In point of fact, according to John 5:24, people lacking eternal life are quite dead on the hoof, and in grave danger of the sum of all fears.

BTW: Rom 1:3, along with Gen 3:15, is bad news for people who resolutely refuse to accept that Jesus Christ is biologically related to Adam.
          _

Comment

Several years ago I asked a substitute Sunday school teacher if he thought Joseph in the book of Genesis was born again. Well, he was quite taken aback by the question and asked me to explain.

So I told him that the language and grammar of John 3:3-8 permits no exceptions: all must be born again; and it's not an option, it's a must.

He didn't have a clue; and by then the class was in an uproar so I didn't pursue it.
            _

Comment

John 3:6 . .That which is born of the flesh is flesh

The Greek word for "flesh" in John 3:3-8 is sarx (sarx) which basically refers to the meaty parts of the body rather than its liquids.

Sarx incudes microscopic meaty parts too, for example:

Rom 1:3 . . His son Jesus Christ our Lord; which was made of the seed of David according to the flesh

The koin Greek word for "seed" in that passage is sperma (sper' mah) which in males typically refers to their reproductive stuff and/or their genetic material; especially when the seed is according to the flesh-- according to the sarx -- viz: biological seed rather than spiritual seed.

NOTE: There is a divine seed (1John 3:9) which is transferred by the Spirit via John 3:6.

Anyway, in a nutshell: It would not profit people to start all over again in their mother's womb because the only kind of life that women are equipped to produce is human life; whereas among the varieties of life that the Spirit is equipped to produce is eternal life; in other words: that which is divine rather than human. In point of fact, according to John 5:24, people lacking eternal life are quite dead on the hoof, and in grave danger of the sum of all fears.

BTW: Rom 1:3, along with Gen 3:15, is bad news for people who resolutely refuse to accept that Jesus Christ is biologically related to Adam.
              _
              News flash! The meaty parts of the body are half liquid, otherwise they are just beef jerky! Go back to school.

what is born of flesh is the human baby as it breaks the amniotic sac releasing amniotic fluid, IOW, born of water.

what is born of spirit is the soul realizing god as his/her source of being in christ.
              We shall not injure God by remaining ignorant of Him, but shall deprive ourselves of His friendship.

Comment

FAQ: Did people in the Old Testament even know about Jesus back then?

A: They may not have known his name, but they were all aware that a savior was on the way-- beginning with Adam and Eve.

Gen 3:15 . . I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your seed and her seed; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heel.

It's pretty much agreed on both sides of the aisle that the seed is Christ.

Others besides Adam and Eve knew.

Abraham:

John 8:56 . . Abraham rejoiced to see my day, and he saw it and was glad.

Jacob:

Gen 49:18 . . I have waited for thy salvation, O Lord

Moses:

Heb 11:26 . . He regarded disgrace for the sake of Christ as of greater value than the treasures of Egypt, because he was looking ahead to his reward.

Isaiah:

Isa 52:14 . .There were many who were appalled at him his appearance was so disfigured beyond that of any man and his form marred beyond human likeness

Isa 53:6 . .We all, like sheep, have gone astray, each of us has turned to his own way; and the Lord has laid on him the iniquity of us all.

All the prophets:

1Pet 1:10-11 . . Concerning this salvation, prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and investigated it, investigating the time and circumstances that the Spirit of Christ within them indicated when it testified in advance to the sufferings destined for Christ and the glories to follow them.

David:

Ps 16:10 . .You will not abandon my soul to sheol; nor will You allow Your Holy One to undergo decay. (cf. Acts 2:25-36)

Ps 110:1 . .The Lord says to my lord: Sit at my right hand, while I make your enemies your footstool.

FAQ: Jesus said at John 6:54 that it's necessary to eat his flesh and drink his blood in order to obtain eternal life. Well, if there was no such thing as a communion service until Jesus' last supper, then how did those people back there eat his flesh and drink his blood?

A: Hook, line, and sinker; if you get my drift.

John 6:40 . . For this is the will of my Father: that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in him, may have eternal life; and I myself will raise him up on the last day.

John 6:47 . . I tell you the truth, he who believes has everlasting life.
                _

Comment

Working...
                X