Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Is God Happy with You?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Is God Happy with You?

    Is God happy with you??


    Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

    Jesus==
    Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

    Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

    Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

  • #2
    Is God happy with you??


    Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

    Jesus==Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

    Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

    Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
    Think about it!!! Do you care?? What do you think your purpose for living is??
    Is God happy with you??
    God help me to think, say and do what makes you happy and pleased with me!===
    Revelation 4:11
    for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.



    Revelation 4:11
    Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
    for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.
    Last edited by GISMYS; 07-02-19, 10:40 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
      Is God happy with you??
      Yes.


      Is He happy with you?

      Is it being insinuated God isn't happy with other Christians you've never met? Do please explain that.
      All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

      “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
        Do you care??

        Yes.

        Do you care?

        Is it being insinuated Christians here in CARM don't care? If so then do please explain that pov. If not then do please explain why such a question would be posted or considered for discussion?
        All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

        “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

        Comment


        • #5
          Does this question touch a nerve??

          Is God happy with you??

          Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

          Comment


          • #6

            Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
            What do you think your purpose for living is??

            I don't "think" what is my purpose for living, I know what it is. And the reason I know what it is and that it isn't singular is because both the written word and the Spirit tells me I was saved by grace and created in Christ to perform works (plural) god planned in advance for me to walk in. Some of those purposes, such as the ministry of reconciliation, are plainly stated in scripture (2 Cor. 5:18). We are all called to worship God and give Him glory and that is true of the unbeliever and the believer alike, even though the unbeliever is dead and sin and has little or no clue of his/her purpose but will one day have that made clear to them (Rom. 14:11, Phl. 2:10). Furthermore we know collectively, and I know personally some have been called as pastors, teachers, evangelists, prophets, administrators, etc. but those positions and purposes may not endure for a converts entire life here on earth. The one who is a teacher for a season may be an evangelist for another season, or return to the flock as a sheep under a shepherd for a season.

            Is it being insinuated Christians here in CARM don't know their purpose for living? If so then do please explain that pov. If not then do please explain why such a question would be posted or considered for discussion?
            Either way, do also explain how it is you believe it is possible and appropriate for you to tell other Christians they don't know or what is their purpose.
            All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

            “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

            Comment


            • #7
              This scripture should not be hard to understand.

              Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast """created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created""".

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
                This scripture should not be hard to understand.

                Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honor and power: for thou hast """created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created""".
                It's not.

                Why would you think otherwise? Why would you think Christians don't know or understand this?
                All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

                “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

                Comment


                • #9
                  LOL!!! Why would some here think only "Christians" check out this message board??? Many lost people come here to seek help and truth!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
                    Is God happy with you??


                    Revelation 4:11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

                    Jesus==
                    Colossians 1:15 Who is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:

                    Colossians 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

                    Colossians 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.
                    Ok. I'll byte.

                    I don't see how these passages have to do with whether or not God is happy with us.

                    So... let's do it this way.
                    According to Hebrews 11:6 we read that without faith it's impossible to please God. For he that comes to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who diligently seek him.

                    So, it seems to me that the only way to achieve God's happiness towards us is to believe that he exists and that he will reward us by diligently seeking him.

                    Next, according to Zephaniah 3, it's written

                    Zep 3:17 WEB Yahweh, your God, is among you, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. He will rejoice over you with singing.

                    We then read that God delights in those who fear him, and in those who hope in his loving kindness.
                    Psalm 147:11

                    Going back to the Hebrews 11 reference....

                    God is pleased with those who believe him and diligently seek him.

                    What is it that we're actually believing?
                    Are we just saying,
                    Well... I believe that God exists so I'm going to seek him?
                    What is the reference frame which we base our seeking him on?
                    In 2 Peter 1, vss 2-4 we see that we are believing that God has given us many exceedingly great and precious promises.
                    We're believing that these promises provide us with the wherewithal to become partakers of his divine nature and the power to escape the corruption that is in this world because of evil desires.

                    We further read a few verses after this that if we give diligence, we can enter God's Kingdom to the parade-like fanfare, as an overcomer.

                    We further read in Romans 8, and Ephesians that we're adopted by God as his children.

                    I have to wonder, because I have never been adopted....do adoptive parents experience happiness with their adopted children?
                    I've heard that they're ecstatic about them.

                    Let me ask you....
                    Is God happy with you?
                    The word says he rejoices over you with singing and seeks to calm you with his love.

                    Elsewhere the word says that he delights in you because you fear him and hope in his loving kindness.

                    So....

                    Oh.. yeah. Can't forget about this...

                    According to Romans 8, vs 1,
                    There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus and who walk in the Spirit and not after the flesh.
                    This is cool! I'd like to be able to learn how to live free from condemnation. You?
                    check out verses 3 through 9.

                    The only way to walk in the Spirit is by focusing our thinking on spiritual things.
                    What do you think spiritual things are?
                    What is the most spiritual thing on earth that you can think of?
                    check out psalm 19, vss 7-13

                    Psa 19:7-13 WEB 7
                    Yahweh’s law is perfect, restoring the soul. Yahweh’s covenant is sure, making wise the simple.
                    8 Yahweh’s precepts are right, rejoicing the heart.
                    Yahweh’s commandment is pure, enlightening the eyes.
                    9 The fear of Yahweh is clean, enduring forever. Yahweh’s ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
                    10 They are more to be desired than gold, yes, than much fine gold, sweeter also than honey and the extract of the honeycomb.
                    11 Moreover your servant is warned by them. In keeping them there is great reward. 12 Who can discern his errors? Forgive me from hidden errors. 13 Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins. Let them not have dominion over me. Then I will be upright. I will be blameless and innocent of great transgression.

                    What do you think?
                    Do you think that by focusing our thinking on God's word that we might find the kind of success we seek?

                    Can't forget these passages.

                    Psalm 1

                    Psa 1:1-6 WEB 1 Blessed is the man who doesn’t walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand on the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers; 2 but his delight is in Yahweh’s law. On his law he meditates day and night. 3 He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water, that produces its fruit in its season, whose leaf also does not wither. Whatever he does shall prosper. 4 The wicked are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. 5 Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For Yahweh knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked shall perish.

                    Isaiah 26:3-4

                    Isa 26:3-4 WEB 3 You will keep whoever’s mind is steadfast in perfect peace, because he trusts in you. 4 Trust in Yahweh forever; for in Yah, Yahweh, is an everlasting Rock.

                    Jeremiah 17:5-10

                    Jer 17:5-10 WEB 5 Yahweh says: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man, relies on strength of flesh, and whose heart departs from Yahweh. 6 For he will be like a bush in the desert, and will not see when good comes, but will inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, an uninhabited salt land. 7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in Yahweh, and whose confidence is in Yahweh. 8 For he will be as a tree planted by the waters, who spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes, but its leaf will be green, and will not be concerned in the year of drought. It won’t cease from yielding fruit. 9 The heart is deceitful above all things and it is exceedingly corrupt. Who can know it? 10 “I, Yahweh, search the mind. I try the heart, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.”

                    Philippians 4:6-9

                    Phi 4:6-9 WEB 6 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report: if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think about these things. 9 The things which you learned, received, heard, and saw in me: do these things, and the God of peace will be with you.


                    Check out verse 9 of Philippians 4...

                    Do you really think that God would hang out with someone who he was not please with, and actually BE peace towards them?

                    Based on the written word of God, if you hope in his loving kindness and fear him. If you are learning to believe him, and diligently seek him. If you trust in the written word of God, then God is rejoicing over you with song, and seeking to calm your heart with his love for you.

                    I'd also like to ask you to read Malachi 3:16-18, Psalm 50:1-15, and psalm 73. Also please read Hebrews 4.

                    God loves you.
                    Hope in his loving kindness.
                    And if by chance you are having a problem with this, please read 1 John 1:5-2:2.
                    Jesus is your defense attorney.

                    God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                    an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by SteveB View Post

                      Ok. I'll byte.

                      I don't see how these passages have to do with whether or not God is happy with us.

                      So... let's do it this way.
                      According to Hebrews 11:6 we read that without faith it's impossible to please God. For he that comes to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who diligently seek him.

                      So, it seems to me that the only way to achieve God's happiness towards us is to believe that he exists and that he will reward us by diligently seeking him.

                      Next, according to Zephaniah 3, it's written

                      Zep 3:17 WEB Yahweh, your God, is among you, a mighty one who will save. He will rejoice over you with joy. He will calm you in his love. He will rejoice over you with singing.

                      We then read that God delights in those who fear him, and in those who hope in his loving kindness.
                      Psalm 147:11

                      Going back to the Hebrews 11 reference....

                      God is pleased with those who believe him and diligently seek him.

                      What is it that we're actually believing?
                      Are we just saying,
                      Well... I believe that God exists so I'm going to seek him?
                      What is the reference frame which we base our seeking him on?
                      In 2 Peter 1, vss 2-4 we see that we are believing that God has given us many exceedingly great and precious promises.
                      We're believing that these promises provide us with the wherewithal to become partakers of his divine nature and the power to escape the corruption that is in this world because of evil desires.

                      We further read a few verses after this that if we give diligence, we can enter God's Kingdom to the parade-like fanfare, as an overcomer.

                      We further read in Romans 8, and Ephesians that we're adopted by God as his children.

                      I have to wonder, because I have never been adopted....do adoptive parents experience happiness with their adopted children?
                      I've heard that they're ecstatic about them.

                      Let me ask you....
                      Is God happy with you?
                      The word says he rejoices over you with singing and seeks to calm you with his love.

                      Elsewhere the word says that he delights in you because you fear him and hope in his loving kindness.

                      So....

                      Oh.. yeah. Can't forget about this...

                      According to Romans 8, vs 1,
                      There is therefore no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus and who walk in the Spirit and not after the flesh.
                      This is cool! I'd like to be able to learn how to live free from condemnation. You?
                      check out verses 3 through 9.

                      The only way to walk in the Spirit is by focusing our thinking on spiritual things.
                      What do you think spiritual things are?
                      What is the most spiritual thing on earth that you can think of?
                      check out psalm 19, vss 7-13

                      Psa 19:7-13 WEB 7
                      Yahweh’s law is perfect, restoring the soul. Yahweh’s covenant is sure, making wise the simple.
                      8 Yahweh’s precepts are right, rejoicing the heart.
                      Yahweh’s commandment is pure, enlightening the eyes.
                      9 The fear of Yahweh is clean, enduring forever. Yahweh’s ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
                      10 They are more to be desired than gold, yes, than much fine gold, sweeter also than honey and the extract of the honeycomb.
                      11 Moreover your servant is warned by them. In keeping them there is great reward. 12 Who can discern his errors? Forgive me from hidden errors. 13 Keep back your servant also from presumptuous sins. Let them not have dominion over me. Then I will be upright. I will be blameless and innocent of great transgression.

                      What do you think?
                      Do you think that by focusing our thinking on God's word that we might find the kind of success we seek?

                      Can't forget these passages.

                      Psalm 1

                      Psa 1:1-6 WEB 1 Blessed is the man who doesn’t walk in the counsel of the wicked, nor stand on the path of sinners, nor sit in the seat of scoffers; 2 but his delight is in Yahweh’s law. On his law he meditates day and night. 3 He will be like a tree planted by the streams of water, that produces its fruit in its season, whose leaf also does not wither. Whatever he does shall prosper. 4 The wicked are not so, but are like the chaff which the wind drives away. 5 Therefore the wicked shall not stand in the judgment, nor sinners in the congregation of the righteous. 6 For Yahweh knows the way of the righteous, but the way of the wicked shall perish.

                      Isaiah 26:3-4

                      Isa 26:3-4 WEB 3 You will keep whoever’s mind is steadfast in perfect peace, because he trusts in you. 4 Trust in Yahweh forever; for in Yah, Yahweh, is an everlasting Rock.

                      Jeremiah 17:5-10

                      Jer 17:5-10 WEB 5 Yahweh says: “Cursed is the man who trusts in man, relies on strength of flesh, and whose heart departs from Yahweh. 6 For he will be like a bush in the desert, and will not see when good comes, but will inhabit the parched places in the wilderness, an uninhabited salt land. 7 “Blessed is the man who trusts in Yahweh, and whose confidence is in Yahweh. 8 For he will be as a tree planted by the waters, who spreads out its roots by the river, and will not fear when heat comes, but its leaf will be green, and will not be concerned in the year of drought. It won’t cease from yielding fruit. 9 The heart is deceitful above all things and it is exceedingly corrupt. Who can know it? 10 “I, Yahweh, search the mind. I try the heart, even to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his doings.”

                      Philippians 4:6-9

                      Phi 4:6-9 WEB 6 In nothing be anxious, but in everything, by prayer and petition with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your thoughts in Christ Jesus. 8 Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honorable, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report: if there is any virtue and if there is any praise, think about these things. 9 The things which you learned, received, heard, and saw in me: do these things, and the God of peace will be with you.


                      Check out verse 9 of Philippians 4...

                      Do you really think that God would hang out with someone who he was not please with, and actually BE peace towards them?

                      Based on the written word of God, if you hope in his loving kindness and fear him. If you are learning to believe him, and diligently seek him. If you trust in the written word of God, then God is rejoicing over you with song, and seeking to calm your heart with his love for you.

                      I'd also like to ask you to read Malachi 3:16-18, Psalm 50:1-15, and psalm 73. Also please read Hebrews 4.

                      God loves you.
                      Hope in his loving kindness.
                      And if by chance you are having a problem with this, please read 1 John 1:5-2:2.
                      Jesus is your defense attorney.
                      I am a born-again believer=a son of God and joint heir with Jesus with eternal life so no problem!!!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
                        LOL!!! Why would some here think only "Christians" check out this message board??? Many lost people come here to seek help and truth!!
                        LOL!!! Why would anyone insert the word "only" where it didn't previously exist nor was intended?

                        Why would someone thing there are "many lost people" here in an explicitly Christian board in an explicitly Christian forum?

                        Why would any Christian think "many lost people" could correctly answer the question, "Is God happy with you?" or imagine that would be a fruitful means of helping the lost?

                        According to the stats on this op it's been viewed 23 times, ten of which were posts and another four or five were me glimpsing in to see what was happening. Have you got any actual evidence "many lost people come here to seek help and truth"?

                        Why isn't this being posted in one of the secular boards were many lost people actually do come (although they may not be seeking help and truth.)?
                        All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

                        “if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by GISMYS View Post

                          I am a born-again believer=a son of God and joint heir with Jesus with eternal life so no problem!!!
                          Glad to hear it.
                          you obviously asked for some reason though so I wanted to say those things.
                          God is pleased with those who believe him.
                          Such is what brought Abraham into friendship with God.
                          God is real. He can be known. You only cheat yourself by giving what you call reasons, and are nothing more than excuses. There's an old saying:
                          an excuse is nothing more than a skin of reason, over a skeleton of lies.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            God loves me more than His own life ... I don’t think ‘happy’ comes close.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X