Accusing God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accusing God?

Psalm 13:1–2 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
    Is David expressing his feeling of God's neglect or making an accusation?

Originally posted by catechumen View Post
    Psalm 13:1–2 How long, O Lord? Will you forget me forever? How long will you hide your face from me? 2 How long must I take counsel in my soul and have sorrow in my heart all the day? How long shall my enemy be exalted over me?
    David is "flustered" he wants God to help him right now in the way he wants right now =typical human!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post

David is "flustered" he wants God to help him right now in the way he wants right now =typical human!!!
      David doesn't understand that God already answered both his past and future prayers. Most preachers don't even get that.
      God is like......"I sent my only son to die for every imperfection in your world. Is there something else you think I should do?
      Imagine HIS pain. He created this world of yours."
      - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Is it reasonable to compare David's words to others such as Job (Job 1:20-22) and conclude that David is, indeed, sinning in Psalm 13:1-2?

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

David a man God said was a man after His own heart!!

Psalm 13:1 How long wilt thou forget me, O LORD? for ever? how long wilt thou hide thy face from me?

Psalm 13:2 How long shall I take counsel in my soul, having sorrow in my heart daily? how long shall mine enemy be exalted over me?

Psalm 13:3 Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

Psalm 13:4 Lest mine enemy say, I have prevailed against him; and those that trouble me rejoice when I am moved.

Psalm 13:5 But I have trusted in thy mercy; my heart shall rejoice in thy salvation.

Psalm 13:6 I will sing unto the LORD, because he hath dealt bountifully with me.

Comment

The souls of the martyrs under the altar ask the same thing, eh?

Revelation 6:10 They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?"
            I champion GOD’s holiness:
            - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
            - Evil is creature-created by their free will.

I champion Our Free will:
            - All were created with a free will able to chose for HIM or against HIM.

Comment

Revelation 6:10 They called out in a loud voice, "How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?"
              I champion GOD’s holiness:
              - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
              - Evil is creature-created by their free will.

I champion Our Free will:
              - All were created with a free will able to chose for HIM or against HIM.

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post

David doesn't understand that God already answered both his past and future prayers. Most preachers don't even get that.
                God is like......"I sent my only son to die for every imperfection in your world. Is there something else you think I should do?
                Imagine HIS pain. He created this world of yours."

Jesus death covers-repented sin. The mortal themselves-MUST repent to get sins blotted out.( Acts 3:19)--- Repentence = the stopping of the doing of a sin. Doing it over and over and asking forgiveness over and over is not repentence.

Comment

David is speaking honestly with God about the pain in David’s heart. The Holy Spirit May have had that information recorded in Scripture so that God’s people (us, Jews and gentiles, not just biological Israel) would know that we don’t need to pretend nothing hurts when our soul aches. It is recorded in a Psalm, a song to be sung bu the assembled people, to proclaim to God that we hurt deep down where only God can reach. However, the Psalm does not end at verse 2, does it.

Comment

Originally posted by kjw47 View Post
                    Jesus death covers-repented sin. The mortal themselves-MUST repent to get sins blotted out.( Acts 3:19)--- Repentance = the stopping of the doing of a sin. Doing it over and over and asking forgiveness over and over is not repentance.
                    True.
                    Preaching in error is often accompanied by a lack of research on a topic.

Matthew 18:21
                    Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me,
                    and I forgive him? As many as seven times?”
                    22“I tell you, not as many as seven,” Jesus said to him, “but 70 times seven

Luke 17:3-4
                    Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him,
                    and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying,
                    ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”

- Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post

True.
                      Preaching in error is often accompanied by a lack of research on a topic.

Matthew 18:21
                      Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me,
                      and I forgive him? As many as seven times?”
                      22“I tell you, not as many as seven,” Jesus said to him, “but 70 times seven

Luke 17:3-4
                      Pay attention to yourselves! If your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him,
                      and if he sins against you seven times in the day, and turns to you seven times, saying,
                      ‘I repent,’ you must forgive him.”

Yes, that is what is required of a mortal. Here is Gods requirement for Repentence--1Cor 6:9-11 makes the statement--That is what some of you were( past tense) not currently doing unacecceptable sins. Because it goes on to say that if one is doing one of those unacceptable sins--They will NOT enter Gods kingdom( be saved)--Galations 5:9-11 is another list that says one will not enter Gods kingdom if they are doing one of them. Yet 99% on earth do at least one daily. The teachers telling others you are saved or born again are blind guides.

Comment

Born-again believers seek to live a better life today than we lived yesterday and PTL We know that if we confers and repent when we fall short that God is faithful and just to forgive and wash us clean!!!

Comment

Born-again believers seek to live a better life today than we lived yesterday and PTL We know that if we confers and repent when we fall short that God is faithful and just to forgive and wash us clean!!!

Serving a non existent trinity makes one break Gods #1 commandment daily.That makes one a worker of iniquity-Matthew 7:22-23---Jaws will drop at judgement hearing those words from Jesus.

Comment

Again!!! The One True Almighty God IS Father, Son and Holy Spirit = The One True Almighty God!!!! This Truth should not be over most people's head!! and you??

Comment

Originally posted by kjw47 View Post
                              Yes, that is what is required of a mortal.
                              Good. That is on topic then.

1 John 1:9
                              If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Matthew 6:15
                              But if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Matthew 18:21-22
                              Then Peter came up and said to him, “Lord, how often will my brother sin against me, and I forgive him? As many as seven times?” Jesus said to him, “I do not say to you seven times, but seventy times seven.

Matthew 6:14-15
                              For if you forgive others their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you, but if you do not forgive others their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses.

Comment

Working...
                              X