No announcement yet.

Moved from Bible languages--new heaven?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved from Bible languages--new heaven?

Καὶ εἶδον οὐρανὸν καινὸν καὶ γῆν καινήν ὁ γὰρ πρῶτος οὐρανὸς καὶ ἡ πρώτη γῆ ἀπῆλθαν, καὶ ἡ θάλασσα οὐκ ἔστιν ἔτι.
    Rev. 21:1

Is there any Scriptural evidence for the Trinitarian claim that all believers in Jesus who have died in the past two thousand years (and counting) immediately go to what Revelation 21 refers to as the "first Heaven" (πρῶτος οὐρανὸς) and that these folks will later on be moved to the "New Heaven" / οὐρανὸν καινὸν, i.e. to the New Jerusalem ?

Let's see it ?

Originally posted by John Milton View Post

Rev. 21:1

Is there any Scriptural evidence for the Trinitarian claim that all believers in Jesus who have died in the past two thousand years (and counting) immediately go to what Revelation 21 refers to as the "first Heaven" (πρῶτος οὐρανὸς) and that these folks will later on be moved to the "New Heaven" / οὐρανὸν καινὸν, i.e. to the New Jerusalem ?

Let's see it ?
    You keep demonstrating the USELESSNESS of knowing Greek, in terms of getting any closer to Biblical truth than English does.

Comment

I was hoping for verse & chapter.

Anyhow, to believe in a "cloudy Heaven" immediately after death is a pagan (Greek & Roman principle, think Mt. Olympus ). There may be such a "heaven" before the Great White Throne Judgment of God, -- it may be the abode of the Prince of the Power of the Air (Eph. 2:2):

ἐν αἷς ποτε περιεπατήσατε κατὰ τὸν αἰῶνα τοῦ κόσμου τούτου, κατὰ τὸν ἄρχοντα τῆς ἐξουσίας τοῦ ἀέρος, τοῦ πνεύματος τοῦ νῦν ἐνεργοῦντος ἐν τοῖς υἱοῖς τῆς ἀπειθείας
      Last edited by John Milton; 10-25-19, 02:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X