Fail of the grace of God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fail of the grace of God

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post Could you explain how one were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, washed, and the powers of the world to come--and not be saved?

2 Peter 2:20-22 ---King James Version (KJV)
    20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.
    21 For it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.
    22 But it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Hebrews 6:4-8 ---King James Version (KJV)
    4 For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,
    5 And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,
    6 If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.
    7 For the earth which drinketh in the rain that cometh oft upon it, and bringeth forth herbs meet for them by whom it is dressed, receiveth blessing from God:
    8 But that which beareth thorns and briers is rejected, and is nigh unto cursing; whose end is to be burned.

Matthew 10:22 ---King James Version (KJV)
    22 And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved.

Marke--if one has to endure to the end to be saved--then being saved involves enduring to the end!

Hebrews 10:26-29--- King James Version (KJV)
    26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,
    27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.
    28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:
    29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

Hebrews 10:36 ---King James Version (KJV)
    36 For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:15--- King James Version (KJV)
    15 Looking diligently lest any man fail of the grace of God;lest any root of bitterness springing up trouble you, and thereby many be defiled;
    How does one fit that into faith alone theology?

Originally posted by dberrie2000 View Post

How does one fit that into faith alone theology?
    Can't, but some try to with all kinds of elaborate caveats and diversions about real life and what the scriptures clearly state concerning God given freewill.

Seems to me that many forget that faith is also primarily fidelity and that although nothing outside ourselves can separate from the love of God in Christ Jesus that doesn't mean we cannot stumble within through pride just as the adversary and a number of the angelic host initially did.

For example:

Mat 16:16-27 KJV And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. (17) And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (18) And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. (19) And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. (20) Then charged he his disciples that they should tell no man that he was Jesus the Christ. (21) From that time forth began Jesus to shew unto his disciples, how that he must go unto Jerusalem, and suffer many things of the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised again the third day. (22) Then Peter took him, and began to rebuke him, saying, Be it far from thee, Lord: this shall not be unto thee. (23) But he turned, and said unto Peter, Get thee behind me, Satan: thou art an offence unto me: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but those that be of men. (24) Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. (25) For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it. (26) For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul? (27) For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Comment

Originally posted by eyesmile View Post
      Can't, but some try to with all kinds of elaborate caveats and diversions about real life and what the scriptures clearly state concerning God given freewill.

I believe that is true.

Comment

I believe that is true.
        Seems to me you also truly live faith, giving you the ability to articulate so well in sound doctrine posts even among hard headed believers EDITED BY MODERATOR--RULE 12 VIOLATION

Comment

My apologies as I meant no personal offense in using the term hard headed which to me means stubborn and also consider myself hard headed about many different things.

Comment

Originally posted by eyesmile View Post
            My apologies as I meant no personal offense in using the term hard headed which to me means stubborn and also consider myself hard headed about many different things.
            I would not disagree with you, but I do have faith in mankind, in general. I believe most are good people, even those who disagree with me--I believe are good people, probably better than I will ever be.

But there is one thing I am sure of--there is a correlation between our choices--and God's grace unto life--as a personal reception. The idea God gives His grace unto life--as a reality--to those who make wrong choices--and refuse to repent and change--is against the scriptural witness:

Galatians 5:19-21--- King James Version (KJV)
            19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
            20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
            21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.

Comment

I would not disagree with you, but I do have faith in mankind, in general. I believe most are good people, even those who disagree with me--I believe are good people, probably better than I will ever be.

But there is one thing I am sure of--there is a correlation between our choices--and God's grace unto life--as a personal reception. The idea God gives His grace unto life--as a reality--to those who make wrong choices--and refuse to repent and change--is against the scriptural witness:

Galatians 5:19-21--- King James Version (KJV)
              19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,
              20 Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,
              21 Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God.
              I agree with your doctrine and always try to agree with the view that most people are good but the older I get the more I realize good compared to what and it doesn't look so good for most of us.

Comment

Working...
              X