The Blessing of suffering?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Blessing of suffering?

Paul had, to say the least, an interesting life after he went from Saul to Paul.if you ever have read the trials in Paulís life it is stunning. Whippings, shipwrecks and so much more all while doing the work of the Lord for the Lordís Body the Church. Paul wrote of filling up what was lacking from the Lordís, suffering. You and I have been called as His Body to fill up in our flesh what was lacking in His own Body can you imagine the things that are happening to us was meant for Him how hateful sin is to a holy loving God. We understand why the Lord asked Saul that day on the way to Damascus why Saul was persecuting the Lord as he persecuted His Church. Paul wrote of it being through his suffering that he learned to be content in all things. Do we who are the Church need to have a refocusing on what it means to pick up your cross daily. Dying to self is often one I struggle with what does it mean to you? . No greater love does someone exhibit than laying down their life for others. I struggle but I have gotten better by seeking to lay my life down and not get angry. These are not fits of rage it usually a less than edifying remark about other drivers.

Why not learn to live in the blessings of God?? Living your life sick, in poverty, depression is a curse, not a blessing yes! we must expect to be attacked by satan and demons and persecuted but satan if a defeated foe and we born again believers have victory through Jesus!!! PTL.

Comment

Hi, thanks for your viewpoint. But I agree and disagree. The point of what I am saying is trial and hardships are blessings from God do we need to refocus on what suffering really is. Hebrews 12 speaks of the Trials designed by God and what He does with those trials if we accept them as He intends it. Are you claiming God is not the one who sends trials into our lives and suffering and trials are not given to His people? How are we to understand that we are filling up in our own flesh the trials and persecutions that are lacking from the Lordís life? This He designed for His Body the Church to become more righteous. It would be wonderful if what you believed was the sole truth but it isnít the theme of being perfected through suffering is theme in Scripture that is from the opening verse to the faithful remnant being saved in the last days.

Comment

You have what you say!!! There is nothing lacking in the life of Jesus!!! Jesus bore in His body our sickness and by His stripes, we are healed==
        Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses. Don't waste what jesus paid a very high price for!!!
        Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Psalm 103:2 Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:

Psalm 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Psalm 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Psalm 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
          You have what you say!!! There is nothing lacking in the life of Jesus!!! Jesus bore in His body our sickness and by His stripes, we are healed==
          Matthew 8:17 That it might be fulfilled which was spoken by Esaias the prophet, saying, Himself took our infirmities, and bare our sicknesses. Don't waste what jesus paid a very high price for!!!
          Psalm 103:1 Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.

Psalm 103:3 Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;

Psalm 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;

Psalm 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's.
          That I fill up in my flesh the suffering that was lacking in Christ. After the great faith chapter Hebrews 11 Hebrews 12 the trials and so forth that if you let the Lord use them He will bring forth a harvest of righteousness. There is always the picking up of our cross. Crucifixion is the worst method to be killed through. When it began there was no word that describe how bad it was and the word excruciating was born meaning ex= out of and crucifying meaning cross. They broke the legs of the dying so they would die faster. Not as mercy to the condemned but because it was so horrible for the guards. There are blessings in both manner of style but the blessing of suffering has been twisted by Satan into our not understanding God uses it to grow us and let us know Him in ways that never can be without the fellowship of suffering. Consider it pure pleasure when you suffer for Me the Lord tells us.

Comment

Suffer if you want, you have what you say!!! As for me, I choose to live in the blessing, protection, tender mercies of God as a son of God and joint heir with Jesus a member of God's eternal family!!

Psalm 103:3 Who ""forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases""

Psalm 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with ""lovingkindness and tender mercies;""
            Psalm 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's

Yes!!! Satan will attack us.and some persecutions will come our way but we have victory through Jesus. PTL.

Comment

Originally posted by GISMYS View Post
              Suffer if you want, you have what you say!!! As for me, I choose to live in the blessing, protection, tender mercies of God as a son of God and joint heir with Jesus a member of God's eternal family!!

Psalm 103:3 Who ""forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases""

Psalm 103:4 Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with ""lovingkindness and tender mercies;""
              Psalm 103:5 Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle's

Yes!!! Satan will attack us.and some persecutions will come our way but we have victory through Jesus. PTL.
              Amen. We have reservations for a wedding supper of the Lamb and enjoying every moment for eternity there. See you round here and then again when we get home on hiigh

Comment

Working...
              X