Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

new! -- an English text that violates Greek grammer ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Barry Hofstetter View Post

    Very unfortunate, of course. As for me, if he shows up in any of my online places, I have no problem pointing out that he does not have qualifications to speak so confidently. That's actually true of more than one person on this forum, but i digress.
    If he's interested in the "iron sharpeneth" nonsense he spouts, he needs to have the integrity ON CARM to:
    a) ADMIT he doesn't know these languages
    b) CEASE commenting on the subjects until such time as he has acquired that level of knowledge
    c) QUIT reporting posts as if pointing out you lack credentials is an "ad hominem" attack (when he knows it isn't)

    You don't get to hypocritically HIDE stuff when you've made your reputation online as he has by accusing OTHERS of 'hiding' things they didn't hide.

    One factor precluding a young age for Sinaiticus is the marginalia in Acts... This supplemental material...precludes the MS' production by Simonides. He just lied...It's something he was known for. I recommend that you accept that fact and move on.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by Maestroh View Post

      If he's interested in the "iron sharpeneth" nonsense he spouts, he needs to have the integrity ON CARM to:
      a) ADMIT he doesn't know these languages
      b) CEASE commenting on the subjects until such time as he has acquired that level of knowledge
      c) QUIT reporting posts as if pointing out you lack credentials is an "ad hominem" attack (when he knows it isn't)

      You don't get to hypocritically HIDE stuff when you've made your reputation online as he has by accusing OTHERS of 'hiding' things they didn't hide.
      Eh whipmeister. You been whippen on that man since I ever got here 8 years ago and before that evidently. I only took one semester Koine and forgot what I knew. But no language expert HERE has been able to refute my "I am" OP.

      Since even a basic lunk can understand what I was saying there. Yours truly inclusive. Stay on track and deliver your acumen IF YOU CAN sir. Your repetitions are just a little annoying.
      Shema will change the Christian World.

      Turn it upside down. To where it once was, the POV of JESUS, his DISCIPLES and his SERVANTS.

      Know God YHWH Elohim is One. And love Him with all. Mk 12, red letter words.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by nothead View Post
        Eh whipmeister. You been whippen on that man since I ever got here 8 years ago and before that evidently.
        You conveniently left out the part of:a
        a) him not only starting it but
        b) then going through systematically and lying about me and misrepresenting my posts


        If you spent as much time condemning his two-facedness as you do me, I'd think better of you.


        Originally posted by nothead View Post
        I only took one semester Koine and forgot what I knew. But no language expert HERE has been able to refute my "I am" OP.
        If you took one semester of Koine and forgot it - your own confession - you should also have the integrity to not be posting AT ALL regarding something that by your own admission you don't know.

        This is more revealing of your own desire to scuffle than you wish to admit. Besides - in the Internet age, "nobody has been able to refute" is nothing but "I refuse to admit they're right" anyway.

        Originally posted by nothead View Post
        Since even a basic lunk can understand what I was saying there.
        By your own admission, you don't even know what you were saying.


        Originally posted by nothead View Post
        Yours truly inclusive.
        Dunning-Krueger is a terminal illness.


        Originally posted by nothead View Post
        Stay on track and deliver your acumen IF YOU CAN sir.
        The mere fact that I have a thesis on a grammatical subject and you have Internet posts demonstrating Sturgeon's law is all that is necessary at this point.


        Originally posted by nothead View Post
        Your repetitions are just a little annoying.
        In a related story, it touched you enough to respond.

        One factor precluding a young age for Sinaiticus is the marginalia in Acts... This supplemental material...precludes the MS' production by Simonides. He just lied...It's something he was known for. I recommend that you accept that fact and move on.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by Maestroh View Post

          You conveniently left out the part of:a
          a) him not only starting it but
          b) then going through systematically and lying about me and misrepresenting my posts


          If you spent as much time condemning his two-facedness as you do me, I'd think better of you.




          If you took one semester of Koine and forgot it - your own confession - you should also have the integrity to not be posting AT ALL regarding something that by your own admission you don't know.

          This is more revealing of your own desire to scuffle than you wish to admit. Besides - in the Internet age, "nobody has been able to refute" is nothing but "I refuse to admit they're right" anyway.



          By your own admission, you don't even know what you were saying.




          Dunning-Krueger is a terminal illness.




          The mere fact that I have a thesis on a grammatical subject and you have Internet posts demonstrating Sturgeon's law is all that is necessary at this point.




          In a related story, it touched you enough to respond.
          Well, my first year I was suspended since you claimed me some sock of some other guy. I remember THAT one intimately. Also it told me you ain't no genius, mister Bill. Bill Dunning-Krueger Effect.
          Shema will change the Christian World.

          Turn it upside down. To where it once was, the POV of JESUS, his DISCIPLES and his SERVANTS.

          Know God YHWH Elohim is One. And love Him with all. Mk 12, red letter words.

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by nothead View Post

            Well, my first year I was suspended since you claimed me some sock of some other guy. I remember THAT one intimately. Also it told me you ain't no genius, mister Bill. Bill Dunning-Krueger Effect.
            So.....after admitting you don't know anything about Koine Greek, you continue to post on the topic of biblical languages......rest assure you will remain ignored......after you return, of course......
            One factor precluding a young age for Sinaiticus is the marginalia in Acts... This supplemental material...precludes the MS' production by Simonides. He just lied...It's something he was known for. I recommend that you accept that fact and move on.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by Maestroh View Post

              So.....after admitting you don't know anything about Koine Greek, you continue to post on the topic of biblical languages......rest assure you will remain ignored......after you return, of course......
              Dunno much but I know you ain't no Dunning-Kruger effectmeister, Mr. Maestroh. What you DO know is a long running obsession with another brother from another mother, motherlover.
              Shema will change the Christian World.

              Turn it upside down. To where it once was, the POV of JESUS, his DISCIPLES and his SERVANTS.

              Know God YHWH Elohim is One. And love Him with all. Mk 12, red letter words.

              Comment

              Working...
              X