Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why is it...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is it...

... that this forum is dominated by discussions that revolve around the ontology of God? Must every thread discuss whether or not Jesus was a man or God or God-man? Alternatively, must each topic turn to whether or not the Holy Spirit is a person in its own right? Is it the case that people here "learn Greek" or "learn Hebrew" with only one purpose in mind?
    I have permission to post on the Biblical Languages forum, as per email correspondence with Diane S.

Originally posted by Jameson View Post
    ... that this forum is dominated by discussions that revolve around the ontology of God? Must every thread discuss whether or not Jesus was a man or God or God-man? Alternatively, must each topic turn to whether or not the Holy Spirit is a person in its own right? Is it the case that people here "learn Greek" or "learn Hebrew" with only one purpose in mind?
    In my case it's more like ANTI-ontology since I take the Jewish View: The ontology of YHWH is not discernable.

There is a notable LACK of statements in Bible, OT or NT ABOUT the so-called beingness or essence or ontology of YHWH.

You can learn Hebrew or Greek with NO scripture in mind at all, but if you read Text, then what JEWISH-thinking unitarians consider is: wellum...NO CONSIDERATIONS concerning this so-called ONTOLOGY of YHWH sir. THIS is why unitarians and Abrahamic Monotheists do not SPECULATE about the...ontology...of...YHWH.

And...historically speaking, the creedal affirmations of JESUS divinity are centered on this definition of YHWH BEING an ontological consideration sir. HOMOOUSIAN with YHWH, is Jesus. Nicene Creed, circa 325 A.D.
    Shema will change the Christian World.

Turn it upside down. To where it once was, the POV of JESUS, his DISCIPLES and his SERVANTS.

Know God YHWH Elohim is One. And love Him with all. Mk 12, red letter words.

Comment

... that this forum is dominated by discussions that revolve around the ontology of God? Must every thread discuss whether or not Jesus was a man or God or God-man? Alternatively, must each topic turn to whether or not the Holy Spirit is a person in its own right? ...
      This is a fair question.

The Holy Spirit person question is clearly a hot-button issue in Greek NT grammar. Especially when you consider the Naselli & Gons paper says that hundreds of scholars have been wrong on this question, even going back to the 1500s and right up to grammarians referenced today. So I think that this generally should get careful attention. If New Testament Greek grammarians bungle such a basic issue, New Testament students should be able to study the dynamic of how this scholastic disaster unfolded.

However, the ongoing emphasis on ontology, and the man or God or God-man issues, are greatly overdone. Most all of that is actually interpretative and exegetical-eisegetical.

==============================

Note, I have started nine threads here in five years. One with you on the tetragram.
      Four recently, generally built upon what looked like rather wild or unusual statements that were made, one by Bill Mounce, three by forum participants.
      Last edited by Steven Avery; 02-28-19, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Most people here and in the world , in the world and here, never learn anything.

It is like a grocery store in a public market area - all might visit, and some do, all with their own ideas, most of them there are no rules against posting them.

again, ........ again, ......... again., and again, and again, and again............ and again......

even tough most are not true, nor based in truth, nor seeking truth, nor seeking to learn anything.

Comment

I for one learned Greek and Hebrew for neither of the two mentioned things.

Problem is that these two topics have dominated Christendom for two millennia. Unfortunately, it seems that certain people on this forum refuse to discuss the two issues in the appropriate sub-forum (Trinity), and instead infect this sub-forum instead with their infestation of stupidity.

There is nothing in the Greek or Hebrew that will answer certain people's agendas, try as they might. They just like making loads of topics and annoying people with the same turd.

Though, Jameson: any other topic that you would like to discuss in this sub-forum I will gladly participate in. We shall just have to ignore certain other posters once they start chipping in.

Comment

Originally posted by S Walch View Post
            I for one learned Greek and Hebrew for neither of the two mentioned things.

Problem is that these two topics have dominated Christendom for two millennia. Unfortunately, it seems that certain people on this forum refuse to discuss the two issues in the appropriate sub-forum (Trinity), and instead infect this sub-forum instead with their infestation of stupidity.

There is nothing in the Greek or Hebrew that will answer certain people's agendas, try as they might. They just like making loads of topics and annoying people with the same turd.

Though, Jameson: any other topic that you would like to discuss in this sub-forum I will gladly participate in. We shall just have to ignore certain other posters once they start chipping in.
            Ooof. Annoying people with the same turd? What a vision, if I may say so myself. I kept looking in the mirror to see if I resembled one. Not exactly Herr manure patty. Patty Manure. Whatevers.

HEY! You could put that as your SIG, S. Walch. We do tend to do that, insert ourselves into all equations...
            Shema will change the Christian World.

Turn it upside down. To where it once was, the POV of JESUS, his DISCIPLES and his SERVANTS.

Know God YHWH Elohim is One. And love Him with all. Mk 12, red letter words.

Comment

Working...
            X