Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Why let one man and one woman ruin it for everyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why let one man and one woman ruin it for everyone?

• Josheb
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post
    Why no response to my op-reply?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Originally posted by ttruscott View Post

Never thought about it nor am I interested in it much...it seems logical but I haven't worked with the logical implications yet. I don't recall any sect with this pov about Adam, are you in a named group?
    I'm a member in good standing of the Assemblies of God, but am not defined by them necessarily. since my tangle in the '70s with the CHarismatic outpouring (so called), I'm a free range Charismatic Non-Systematic somewhat Calvinistic-leaning Eclectic. I have no idea what "PCE" stands for.

We've bumped noses before - Do you remember what that was over?
    I don't personally remember the occasion.

Leave a comment:

• ttruscott
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Nope - other than an Earth that was CURSED for his sake, so he had to WORK to survive. You are aware that Adam gave HIS delegated dominion to satan (who is now the "Prince of the power of the air", and "The god of this world" when he tossed God under the bus aren't you??
    Never thought about it nor am I interested in it much...it seems logical but I haven't worked with the logical implications yet. I don't recall any sect with this pov about Adam, are you in a named group? The PCE theology is widespread but has no actual sect that I'm aware of...

We've bumped noses before - Do you remember what that was over?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    I had a niggle that you were different but could not remember. Glad I asked.

But I know something is wrong. Did we inherit anything from Adam?
    Nope - other than an Earth that was CURSED for his sake, so he had to WORK to survive. You are aware that Adam gave HIS delegated dominion to satan (who is now the "Prince of the power of the air", and "The god of this world" when he tossed God under the bus aren't you??

Leave a comment:

• ttruscott
    replied
    Originally posted by AlFin View Post
    Weird logic.
    So, is it invisible, incredible or impossible? Those whose faith is strongly orthodox can't even imagine our pre-earth existence is in the bible without a teacher...

Leave a comment:

• ttruscott
    replied

ABSOLUTELY NOT. There's NO SUCH THING as "Inherited SIN"!!!!, I skillfully created MY OWN sin - as soon as I figured out how to.OOh - you're a mind reader!! I DON'T believe that God created satan EVIL. that was something that satan did for himself. (iniquity = rebellion)
    I had a niggle that you were different but could not remember. Glad I asked.

But I know something is wrong. Did we inherit anything from Adam?

Leave a comment:

• e v e
    replied
    Adam and Eve were not man and woman as you conceive of man and woman. The one who ruined anything was satan, who intentionally interfered with Eden.

A clue to who is to most to blame is in the fact satan is not forgiven. Don't blame the originals of Eden. They are captives, as all we are because of the satanic realm.

What do you think the current earth is? The world of death entered at the fall, a cosmological not merely psychological event.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Don't you believe in inherited, also falsely known as, original sin?
    ABSOLUTELY NOT. There's NO SUCH THING as "Inherited SIN"!!!!, I skillfully created MY OWN sin - as soon as I figured out how to.

You probably don't believe HE created Satan evil
    OOh - you're a mind reader!! I DON'T believe that God created satan EVIL. that was something that satan did for himself. (iniquity = rebellion)

Leave a comment:

• ttruscott
    replied
    Ezek 18:20 only states that the person who commits a sin is the only one responsible for the consequences. It does not mean that everybody else does not sin.
    Ezek18:20 contradicts the false doctrine that we can be made sinners by inheriting Adam's sin and death. We die only for our own sin even if we are still a foetus. Death proves sin but not Adam's, only our own.

No one but you said it refers to everybody else not sinning....it does not.

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied
    Yes - but both Satan and Eve sinned before he did so the only way sin could have entered into the world with Adam was if he was a sinner when he was sown (Matt 13:36-39) into his new body of dust as the first person to be brought into the world.
    Weird logic.

Leave a comment:

• ttruscott
    replied
    Your own quote of Romans 5:12 shows that sin entered the world through Adam and not Satan.
    Yes - but both Satan and Eve sinned before he did so the only way sin could have entered into the world with Adam was if he was a sinner when he was sown (Matt 13:36-39) into his new body of dust as the first person to be brought into the world.

Leave a comment:

• ttruscott
    replied
    It was part of the Plan of redemption from before the creation. God did things the way He did, so as to prove His WISDOM in the way they'll all work out in the end. Simple as that.
    Don't you believe in inherited, also falsely known as, original sin?

Why is a plan of redemption needed if all HE had to do was to NOT create HIS bride as disgustingly evil and corrupt by NOT making Her human in Adam??

You probably don't believe HE created Satan evil yet you willingly accept that the GOD who is love and is righteously just creates HIS Bride in abject evil by making Her human to inherit Adam's evil.

The mind boggles...

Leave a comment:

• ttruscott
    replied
    That answers the How, not the why thanks thou
    There is no why if this is the HOW...two people did NOT wreck it for everyone, everyone wrecked their lives for themselves.

OR,
    the why is the absolute necessity of our free will to be able to properly fulfill HIS purpose in our creation, that is, to be HIS Bride in all holiness wherein true love, true holiness and a real marriage can only arise from a free will.

But a free will that is restricted from not being able to reject HIS purpose, HIS love and HIS marriage proposal is not a free will at all.

Leave a comment:

• LeoTheLibrarian
    replied

I contend that GOD WOULD NEVER make us evil by putting us into Adam's sin or sin nature or what ever evil name you want to give to us for becoming conceived and born as human!.
    You make a great point. Humanity has something you feel has value.
    That "thing" is why people have love for each other. It's a combination
    of hormones and directed affection that we can control.

Without our ability to love, we are just robots and reproduction animals.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X