Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

How is that Adam was called the son of God?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afaithfulone4u
    started a topic How is that Adam was called the son of God?

How is that Adam was called the son of God?

Wasn't Adam MAN? Aren't son's of God, angels? Doesn't the Bible say that we who are born again of the Spirit, will be son's of God, as Adam in Gen.2:4 was? Again I ask, aren't all who are son's of God, angels, being ministers for God, even the authorities in the earth?? When we become son's of God, as Adam was in the beginning before the fall, we have no need of reproductive organs, for we will be created by God's Spirit, not naturally born nor will be die again to suffer carnal existence in fallen flesh to bare children in the natural.

Luke 3:38-4:1

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

KJV

Gen 6:2

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
    KJV

Job 1:6-7

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
    KJV

Rom 8:14

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    KJV

Rom 8:19

19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
    KJV

Matt 22:30-32

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
    KJV
    Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 02-02-19, 06:04 PM.

• AlFin
    replied
    Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post

I do know the difference, Adam was a man whom God the Father created, so he was born by his Father's Spirit, just as we who are born again of the Blood/Spirit, are new creations in Christ being born sons of God, and angels are what we become when we are created by God as His son's through the Word/Jesus.
    Ps 104:4
    He makes winds his messengers [Heb. angels], flames of fire his servants.

Heb 1:13-14
    13 To which of the angels did God ever say,

"Sit at my right hand until I make your enemies a footstool for your feet"?

14 Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?
    NIV

Heb 2:5-8
    5 It is not to angels that he has subjected the world to come, about which we are speaking. 6 But there is a place where someone has testified:

"What is man that you are mindful of him, the son of man that you care for him? 7 You made him a little lower than the angels; you crowned him with glory and honor 8 and put everything under his feet."
    NIV

Man never was and never will be angels.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    Originally posted by cynthia View Post

'Sons of God' is a specific term used to described those who were created, not born. Adam was not born, he was created. Angels were not born, they were created.

Children of God is a specific term used to describe those who have been born again, ie, saved.

Learn the difference.
    I do know the difference, Adam was a man whom God the Father created, so he was born by his Father's Spirit, just as we who are born again of the Blood/Spirit, are new creations in Christ being born sons of God, and angels are what we become when we are created by God as His son's through the Word/Jesus. I believe that that is what I showed.
    So the first Adam mentioned in Gen.2:4 was a man born of God who was a son of God thereby he was an angel Before the fall and no telling how long he lived before he fell. Just as we are becoming, and this is how the angels in all of creation, were created by God the Father in the beginning, WHEN EVER that was! And this goes to show, that Adam and Eve had no reproductive organs since God created His children until the fall of man and Eve was giving the LABOR of baring children in her own body and God MADE(not skinned any animals) but made the coats of skins with reproductive organs to now produce natural, fallen nature, children.
    Rom 8:18-23

18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
    19 For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
    20 For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
    21 Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
    22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.
    23 And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.
    KJV

Mark 12:24-25

24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
    KJV

Luke 20:34-36

34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:

35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:

36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
    KJV
    Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 02-03-19, 05:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cynthia
    replied
    Wasn't Adam MAN? Aren't son's of God, angels? Doesn't the Bible say that we who are born again of the Spirit, will be son's of God, as Adam in Gen.2:4 was? Again I ask, aren't all who are son's of God, angels, being ministers for God, even the authorities in the earth?? When we become son's of God, as Adam was in the beginning before the fall, we have no need of reproductive organs, for we will be created by God's Spirit, not naturally born nor will be die again to suffer carnal existence in fallen flesh to bare children in the natural.

Luke 3:38-4:1

38 Which was the son of Enos, which was the son of Seth, which was the son of Adam, which was the son of God.

KJV

Gen 6:2

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.
    KJV

Job 1:6-7

6 Now there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan came also among them.

7 And the LORD said unto Satan, Whence comest thou? Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
    KJV

Rom 8:14

14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
    KJV

Rom 8:19

KJV

Matt 22:30-32

30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.

31 But as touching the resurrection of the dead, have ye not read that which was spoken unto you by God, saying,

32 I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob? God is not the God of the dead, but of the living.
    KJV
    'Sons of God' is a specific term used to described those who were created, not born. Adam was not born, he was created. Angels were not born, they were created.

Children of God is a specific term used to describe those who have been born again, ie, saved.

Learn the difference.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post

If so you are guilty also. You should rather check your posts and see what is as I said. Thus, you might save yourself from many troubles.
    I have not slandered you, I do not go low to that level. I either agree or disagree, but I never call anyone false, or accuse them of hearsay. I fight for Truth with the scripture, not name calling. Just because you never learned the things I show, does not mean they are not the Truth, for I only use the Word of God and many times, it is only for confirmation of what the Spirit has revealed to me before hand.

Leave a comment:

• Jethro77
    replied
    Of course, but
    New or old, if it drives straight, they both get you to the same spot
    If it has a knock in the engine, can you recognize it (hear it) ?

Leave a comment:

• Jethro77
    replied

Also, I would check your words that accuse me falsely, for there is only one Accuser and he is also a Slanderer and all who work for him do likewise.
    If so you are guilty also. You should rather check your posts and see what is as I said. Thus, you might save yourself from many troubles.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    No. This is absurd and if not heresy is close to it.
    Also, I would check your words that accuse me falsely, for there is only one Accuser and he is also a Slanderer and all who work for him do likewise.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied

Did you ever drive a car ? Even a new car ?
    Of course, but
    New or old, if it drives straight, they both get you to the same spot

Leave a comment:

• Jethro77
    replied

So, we agree that the scripture are Truth, so tell me what you see the scriptures that I gave in the OP about the sons of God, say. Surely you cam read them, so what are the revealing?
    You should not go around accusing someone of being false unless you can show me from SCRIPTURE that I am in error.
    Did you ever drive a car ? Even a new car ?

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    Scripture is Truth. What you say, I don't know about.

So, we agree that the scripture are Truth, so tell me what you see the scriptures that I gave in the OP about the sons of God, say. Surely you cam read them, so what are the revealing?
    You should not go around accusing someone of being false unless you can show me from SCRIPTURE that I am in error.

Leave a comment:

• Jethro77
    replied
    Scripture is Truth. What you say, I don't know about.

Tell me, what did the verses say about Adam being a son of God, us becoming a son of God, and that the son's of God are angels?
    Please tell me YOUR VERSION of what they are saying! I say your version, because we all can see what they say and I take God at His Word, but you can not accept what it says obviously.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied

Apparently you don't believe what the Scripture says. So I don't believe you.
    Tell me, what did the verses say about Adam being a son of God, us becoming a son of God, and that the son's of God are angels?
    Please tell me YOUR VERSION of what they are saying! I say your version, because we all can see what they say and I take God at His Word, but you can not accept what it says obviously.

Leave a comment:

• Jethro77
    replied

So, you do accept the verses as Truth then? So why are you not believing what they say?
    Apparently you don't believe what the Scripture says. So I don't believe you.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    That very clearly is called a false assumption on your part.

So, you do accept the verses as Truth then? So why are you not believing what they say?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X