Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

A Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• afaithfulone4u
    started a topic A Challenge

A Challenge

I have asked someone to please take the time to go to the Gen.2:4 account of the original Creation of the first Adam, and copy and paste me the scriptures that show the LORD God telling Adam and Eve to populate the earth for the first time even, let alone to replenish it.... I'll be awaiting your verses!

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
    Bob, Can you point out where the ORIGINAL Adam and Eve ( who came much later after Adam and the animals, by the way) that we read about in the Generations of the heavens and earth when the LORD God created them, was told to have children and FILL up the earth?]
    So like a LOT OF OTHER REALLY GOOD HERESIES, your whole thesis is based on what the Bible DOESN'T Say. you do realize that your two supposed "Creations" are the result of redactors assembling pieces of different source documents stressing different elements of creation into one more or less coherent narrative, don't you????

There's NO REASON WHATSOEVER to go off on a pipe dream of several "Adams", when the Bible indicates that the FIRST ADAM and EVE was the one through whom SIN entered, and Jesus isn't the 15th "Adam" - he's only the SECOND (and last).

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

AH!!! I was wondering what foolishness you were trying to sell!! So it's the 'ol "two creation" foolishness, then. I already know THAT fantasy, so you can roll with it for folks who've ever dealt with it before. THE BEST HERESIES are based on what the Bible DOESN'T SAY. - It gives you more creative freedom.
    Bob, Can you point out where the ORIGINAL Adam and Eve( who came much later after Adam and the animals, by the way) that we read about in the Generations of the heavens and earth when the LORD God created them, was told to have children and FILL up the earth?

Here is where the Creation Story really begins and this was the OLD WORLD(same earth) that was before us ACCORDING TO PETER. A person who seeks Truth will see that Adam was created before all things, unlike those after the flood in Gen.1:26 when God had already created all things and just needed to drain the water and let the animals out of the ark and all the people(clean and unclean) out of the ark and while they awaited the plants to grow again, God allowed them to eat the meat of some of the animal that were in the ark so they did not starve.

Gen 2:4-3:1

4 These are the generations of the heavens and of the earth when they were created, in the day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens,
    5 And every plant of the field before it was in the earth, and every herb of the field before it grew: for the LORD God had not caused it to rain upon the earth, and there was not a man to till the ground.
    6 But there went up a mist from the earth, and watered the whole face of the ground.
    7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
    8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
    9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.
    10 And a river went out of Eden to water the garden; and from thence it was parted, and became into four heads.
    11 The name of the first is Pison: that is it which compasseth the whole land of Havilah, where there is gold;
    12 And the gold of that land is good: there is bdellium and the onyx stone.
    13 And the name of the second river is Gihon: the same is it that compasseth the whole land of Ethiopia.
    14 And the name of the third river is Hiddekel: that is it which goeth toward the east of Assyria. And the fourth river is Euphrates.
    15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
    16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying, Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
    17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.
    18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
    19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.
    20 And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
    21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof;
    22 And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man.
    23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
    24 Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.
    25 And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.

KJV

Leave a comment:

• AlFin
    replied

True Christians are not rude like you are! And they don't slander people. I would question my character to see if it lines up with Christ if I were you.
    You need to read the four gospels and read what Jesus said to the Pharisees. He wasn't "Christian" at all (at least by your reckoning).

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied

Do you people even read your Bible? None of you can answer the simplest of questions, and you can't understand any scriptures nor do you seem to have found any of the mysteries.
    We are never to add in a Translation, additional words to scripture, but we are to meditate in God's Word to understand the mysteries.
    Take your own advice.

Leave a comment:

• cynthia
    replied

Do you people even read your Bible? None of you can answer the simplest of questions, and you can't understand any scriptures nor do you seem to have found any of the mysteries.
    We are never to add in a Translation, additional words to scripture, but we are to meditate in God's Word to understand the mysteries.
    Take it to the KJVO forum where this belongs. The faulty KJV is the only translation that uses the incorrect word in Gen1:28.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    I would not pride myself on two of you not ever growing to maturity in Christ to where God can reveal His mysteries. Bob, you have never answered any post that I have ever read without you being a wise cracker. Not very honoring to Christ!
    People who don't know the answers like to accuse others of being confused.
    I am still waiting for the scriptures,
    Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 02-02-19, 11:18 PM.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    Originally posted by Jethro77 View Post

I was wondering what he was up to. Thank you for clarifying that. I could not tell from his own posts why he is so confused and misleading.

Leave a comment:

• Jethro77
    replied

AH!!! I was wondering what foolishness you were trying to sell!! So it's the 'ol "two creation" foolishness, then. I already know THAT fantasy, so you can roll with it for folks who've ever dealt with it before. THE BEST HERESIES are based on what the Bible DOESN'T SAY. - It gives you more creative freedom.
    I was wondering what he was up to. Thank you for clarifying that. I could not tell from his own posts why he is so confused and misleading.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied

True Christians are not rude like you are! And they don't slander people. I would question my character to see if it lines up with Christ if I were you.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Compare Gen.2:4 account, with Gen.1:2 account and you should see that they are two different earth ages. One is in the Beginning, when ever that was as the Bible never tells us WHEN the beginning was. And one is after the flood, when they were told to Replenish(fill back up) the earth and be fruitful and multiply
    The first Adam was never told to multiply as Eve was not taken out of Adam, until after the LORD created all of the animals.

Leave a comment:

• afaithfulone4u
    replied
    Compare Gen.2:4 account, with Gen.1:2 account and you should see that they are two different earth ages. One is in the Beginning, when ever that was as the Bible never tells us WHEN the beginning was. And one is after the flood, when they were told to Replenish(fill back up) the earth and be fruitful and multiply
    The first Adam was never told to multiply as Eve was not taken out of Adam, until after the LORD created all of the animals.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X