Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Hell is a Place of Eternal Burning - Those Condemned Will Experience Hell Forever

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

Forever is a period of time and there is no such thing as eternal fire. Only God is eternal and God gives eternal life but death is not eternal and death ceases which is why it is cast into the lake of fire and what is the end result but no death!

Hades means the grave or the unseen or imperceptible meaning figuratively spiritually unconscious.

Hades is thrown in the lake of fire which represents Gehenna and figuratively it is God's consuming fire which purifies.

The second death is the defeat of the carnal mind which giving in to it causes death thus the second death is the defeat of the death condition caused by sin.

All go through the second death but the church goes through it first.

Now, the Gehenna fire goes out when all that causes death is consumed in the fire and death is no more.

Lots for you to think about!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
    My original post stands. Those arguing for a temporary awareness of hell argue from Satan's playbook. Those in hell will be eternally aware of their punishment, torment, or torture.

Comment

Originally posted by PraiseTheLord View Post

My original post stands. Those arguing for a temporary awareness of hell argue from Satan's playbook. Those in hell will be eternally aware of their punishment, torment, or torture.
      Not true and you discredit Genesis 1:27 that states God is creating humanity in his image therefore Hades thrown into the lake of fire is part of the outworking of Jesus atonement which is a complete success in quality and scope and to teach otherwise is to deny Jesus atonement!

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Not true and you discredit Genesis 1:27 that states God is creating humanity in his image therefore Hades thrown into the lake of fire is part of the outworking of Jesus atonement which is a complete success in quality and scope and to teach otherwise is to deny Jesus atonement!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
        What I wrote stands. You can't change the reality of eternal punishment by disregarding applicable scripture.

Comment

What I wrote stands. You can't change the reality of eternal punishment by disregarding applicable scripture.
          Actually eternal is without beginning or end, so if they have eternal punishment then this had to start before time began and continue eternally.

Comment

Originally posted by A child of Christ View Post

Actually eternal is without beginning or end, so if they have eternal punishment then this had to start before time began and continue eternally.
            No. Hell was established. It will endure forever. Those who are condemned will be there forever.

Matthew 25:41 (KJB)
            Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Comment

It is not eternal punishment but of limited duration and is not torture either! Being in the death state is in itself misery!

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

It is not eternal punishment but of limited duration and is not torture either! Being in the death state is in itself misery!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                Over 37,000 posts on an apologetics forum. And yet my posts stand since I backed them up with the Holy word of God.

Comment

Over 37,000 posts on an apologetics forum. And yet my posts stand since I backed them up with the Holy word of God.
                  You are claiming that those that go to Hell, RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE, but they have to spend their ETERNAL LIFE in Hell.

Comment

Originally posted by A child of Christ View Post

You are claiming that those that go to Hell, RECEIVE ETERNAL LIFE, but they have to spend their ETERNAL LIFE in Hell.
                    What I claim is the word of God. There is the first death when a person stops breathing air, also referred to as the person is sleeping. Then there is the second death for those not saved to have eternal life. And that second death is an eternity of punishment, torment or torture.

Comment

What I claim is the word of God. There is the first death when a person stops breathing air, also referred to as the person is sleeping. Then there is the second death for those not saved to have eternal life. And that second death is an eternity of punishment, torment or torture.
                      The scriptures show us that the death that we ought to be concerned about figuratively is separation from God and the second death is to overcome that impediment that causes that problem which is why we have the lake of fire. Thus, it is the death of death is what the second death is!

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

The scriptures show us that the death that we ought to be concerned about figuratively is separation from God and the second death is to overcome that impediment that causes that problem which is why we have the lake of fire. Thus, it is the death of death is what the second death is!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                        Again, my posts stand since I backed them up with the Holy word of God.

Comment

Again, my posts stand since I backed them up with the Holy word of God.
                          Hades thrown in the lake of fire is the death of death. Search the scriptures and find out for yourself.

Here are a few scriptures for you:

1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
                          Now, I ask you how is death destroyed? For those who have not overcome death and come through the white throne judgement and are not written in the book of life must go through the second death while the others already have. Thus, Hades and Thanatos are thrown in the lake of fire to be destroyed.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

Hades thrown in the lake of fire is the death of death. Search the scriptures and find out for yourself.

Here are a few scriptures for you:

Now, I ask you how is death destroyed? For those who have not overcome death and come through the white throne judgement and are not written in the book of life must go through the second death while the others already have. Thus, Hades and Thanatos are thrown in the lake of fire to be destroyed.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Revelation 21:8 King James Version (KJV)
                            8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The second death.

Comment

Revelation 21:8 King James Version (KJV)
                              8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

The second death.

Indeed! That is the way it should be but to take it literally it should not be!

Do you know that God is creating humanity in his image? Is God a failure?

God created humanity to glorify God. Did God fail in his task?

Do you trust God? Do you believe what he said?

Do you believe these scriptures?

1Ti 2:3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

1Ti 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

1Ti 2:6 Who gave himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time.
                              Eph 1:9 Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Eph 1:11 In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

Eph 1:12 That we should be to the praise of his glory, who first trusted in Christ.
                              1Co 15:24 Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

1Co 15:25 For he must reign, till he hath put all enemies under his feet.

1Co 15:26 The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.

1Co 15:27 For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.

1Co 15:28 And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.
                              Col 1:17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Col 1:18 And he is the head of the body, the church: who is the beginning, the firstborn from the dead; that in all things he might have the preeminence.

Col 1:19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulness dwell;

Col 1:20 And, having made peace through the blood of his cross, by him to reconcile all things unto himself; by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven.

Are you teaching the good news message?

Are you harmonizing the scriptures?

Do you want to harmonize the scriptures?

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

No you are claiming that EVERYONE gets ETERNAL LIFE, this is not the Word of God.

You just say that some get Eternal Life in Heaven, and some get Eternal Life in Hell.

Only believers are granted Eternal Life, you say this is a Lie and Everyone is granted Eternal Life.

Comment

Working...
                                X