Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Christian Women are to Keep Silent in the Churches

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LeoTheLibrarian View Post
    the letters to the churches were not written with the intention that they become scripture.

The apostle Paul's letters may not be scripture to you; but they certainly are to me; and to millions of others just like me.

1Cor 14:37 . . If any man think himself to be a prophet, or spiritual, let him acknowledge that the things that I write unto you are the commandments of The Lord.

1Thess 4:1-2 . .We beseech you, brethren, and exhort you by The Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, so ye would abound more and more. For ye know what commandments we gave you by The Lord Jesus.

Refusal to obey Christ as per the apostle Paul's letters is all the same as disobeying Christ. It's a domino effect all the way to the top.

When speaking to his seventy special disciples (among them were his twelve apostles); Jesus said:

Luke 10:16 . .Whoever listens to you; listens to me. Whoever rejects you; rejects me. And whoever rejects me; rejects the one who sent me.

The apostle Peter validated the apostle Paul's writings and classified them as scripture.

2Pet 3:15-16 . .Our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him. His letters contain some things that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.
    _
    Last edited by Od:hgd; 05-11-19, 11:17 AM.

Comment

Paul's writings were not intended to become scripture.
      Except that they ARE "Scripture". Are you "just another" Bible Mutilator??

Comment

It's like I keep saying, the letters to the churches were not written with the intention that they become scripture.
        The same with anything Paul wrote to anyone. But "Christian Leaders" became fond of his self-righteous
        arrogance so they didn't discard his writings as they should have. Paul never saw Jesus "apply" His Faith
        to the real world as His disiples did, so he got a number of things wrong. Everything he wrote is suspect.
        Especially all of his treatment of "others". Even the people he used to persecute.
        Ignorance of historical fact and being poorly taught produces your perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneZ View Post
          Ignorance of historical fact and being poorly taught produces your perspective.
          All past events are based on faith in the story teller, alone.
          My pastor gave non-biblical sermons, I left and never returned.
          You are the only teacher I have Gene.
          - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Except that they ARE "Scripture". Are you "just another" Bible Mutilator??
            But he did not write them intending that they become scripture.
            And I don't know that he has given permission for them to be used as such.
            I'm just stating the facts as I read them in scripture.
            He doesn't seem to have signed his writings or given permission for them to be used as part of the Bible.
            - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

All past events are based on faith in the story teller, alone.
              My pastor gave non-biblical sermons, I left and never returned.
              You are the only teacher I have Gene.
              Your pastor? There is only one? "Seek and you shall find."

You are saying God can not provide you a good pastor teacher if its truth you truly seek, and not a coward in the spiritual war as one who surrenders and hides in a cave of his own opinions?

You need to fight the good fight. So far, you act as if you are a self inflicted casualty of war. There are not many good pastors. Only a few. James 3:1....

So you quit seeking? And, project your cynicism upon others who are finding?

I sensed something about you. You need a spiritual drill sergeant to get you moving and to show you what you are capable of becoming in the Lord.

But... not everybody taps into the grace of God. They think it all depends upon their own ability to work things out... and, call it quits.

You want a good pastor teacher? Here is one who will charge nothing for excellent lessons. That is why I recommend him. https://rbthieme.org/index.html#tabs-3

Comment

Your pastor? There is only one? "Seek and you shall find."
                You are saying God can not provide you a good pastor teacher if its truth you truly seek, and not a coward in the spiritual war as one who surrenders and hides in a cave of his own opinions?You need to fight the good fight. So far, you act as if you are a self inflicted casualty of war. There are not many good pastors. Only a few. James 3:1....So you quit seeking? And, project your cynicism upon others who are finding?I sensed something about you. You need a spiritual drill sergeant to get you moving and to show you what you are capable of becoming in the Lord.But... not everybody taps into the grace of God. They think it all depends upon their own ability to work things out... and, call it quits.You want a good pastor teacher? Here is one who will charge nothing for excellent lessons. That is why I recommend him. https://rbthieme.org/index.html#tabs-3
                My current Spiritual Helper was sent by Jesus and asks only everything in return.
                Thanks for the offer anyway. I was born again into the Spirit about 25 years ago.

Comment

My current Spiritual Helper was sent by Jesus and asks only everything in return.
                  Thanks for the offer anyway. I was born again into the Spirit about 25 years ago.

Am I to assume that you mean by that? Its you and the Holy Spirit? No one one else?

Comment

Paul was not telling that kind of woman to be silent.
                    Plz explain.
                    Fear God and keep his commandments,
                    for this is the duty of ALL mankind. Ecc 12: 13

Comment

SO then why were there Christian Women who were PROPHETS in the Jerusalem church??? ANd Priscilla didn't appear to be particularly "silent" either. What's your "Work around" for that???
                      Your spiritual father Paul ( 1st Cor 4: 15) is crystal clear! He DOES NOT PERMIT women to speak in church!,

1 Timothy 2:11-12 New International Version (NIV)
                      11 A woman[a] should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I DO NOT PERMIT a woman to teach or to assume authority over a man;[b] she must be quiet.

~=~=~=~=~~=~=~

1 Corinthians 14:34-35 New International Version (NIV)
                      34 Women[a] should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the law says. 35 If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.[b]
                      Last edited by DANNO; 05-15-19, 05:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DANNO View Post
                        Your spiritual father Paul
                        PSST!!! Paul isn't my "Spiritual father". I have another.

You're funny in your confusion!!. Learn the REASON Paul gave the instructions he did - they make PERFECT SENSE. But since there's a "Blessed virgin", obviously he wasn't completely successful.

Comment

PSST!!! Paul isn't my "Spiritual father". I have another.

You're funny in your confusion!!. Learn the REASON Paul gave the instructions he did - they make PERFECT SENSE. But since there's a "Blessed virgin", obviously he wasn't completely successful.
                          PSST!!! Paul said he is! Or do you think he was your biological father ?😀👍

1 Corinthians 4:15 New International Version (NIV)
                          15 "Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I BECAME YOUR FATHER through the gospel"

Comment

PSST!!! Paul said he is!
                            AWWW your "Angel of Light" couldn't even get THAT right!! You do realize it was the Corinthians Paul was talking to, don't you???

Context, context, context!!!!!!

Comment

Plz explain.
                              They were coming out of a crude and bawdy culture. They had no manners like we now have in a Christianized culture.

The Corinthians were accustomed to having ritualistic sexual relations for their pagan gods ... and not necessarily with just their husbands. Even with animals!

Ever wonder why it had to be taught one husband for one wife? They were coming out of a horribly immoral world! It made them rude and insensitive towards others.

Imagine someone like Madonna attending this new thing called the Christian church? She would have to be told to sit down and be quiet when something she did not like was being taught. There were really raunchy people in the Corinthian church! Paul was not telling well behaved Christian women like we have today to keep their mouths shut, nor to ever speak in church.

Here is an example of the raunchy kind of bawdy thinking the people people Paul had to bring into becoming civilized as we now know it today...

Look at the following!

"It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you,
                              and of a kind that even pagans do not tolerate: A man is sleeping
                              with his fathers wife.
                              And you are proud and arrogant! ! 1 Corinthians 5:1-2

Did you have any idea what kind of the setting Paul was working in? To think he was simply wanting to tell all women to never speak, nor teach a man anything? Is naive to think. That is what happens when there is a lack of understanding the context of why Paul needed to put his foot down with this raunchy. loud, and very rude people!

Comment

PSST!!! Paul said he is! Or do you think he was your biological father ?😀👍

1 Corinthians 4:15 New International Version (NIV)
                                15 "Even if you had ten thousand guardians in Christ, you do not have many fathers, for in Christ Jesus I BECAME YOUR FATHER through the gospel"
                                How old are you? You were there and Paul lead you to the Lord with the Gospel?

Comment

Working...
                                X