Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

Edited to add more information for posters:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

This literal 1000 years of peace and safety for Jews is unscriptural.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

Sorry you are just repeating your theology while ignoring what the new Testament says

Originally posted by TomL View Post

Tom replies

Why did you ignore the verse I cited as well as the smasll definition that that used the word heathen.

The verse quoted was in Greek not Hebrew

The KJV gives heathen as a translation of ethnos

and the definition gave heathen as a definition of how ethnos is also translated

Ga 3:7 Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.
    8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed.
    9 So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.

Hello there are the heathen

The same word Ethnos is translated both heathen and gentile

they would be blessed with faithful Abraham if they were of faith

Gentile
    1. A person who is not Jewish.

2. Archaic A pagan or heathen.

3. Mormon Church A non-Mormon

I didn't ignore anything. The context is of covenant with Abraham who became literal father of many nations/gentiles/heathens whichever word translators used. But doesn't give you any basis for arguments.

Gal3:8 The Scripture, foreseeing that the Elohim would justify the Gentiles by faith,
    preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, All the nations shall be blessed in You

im not concerned with ETHNOS but my Hebrew says itd GUYM same used in Gen 17;5.
    Last edited by dannyfortruth; 10-11-17, 11:03 PM.

Comment

• From where you got this definition?

Gentile

See real definitions:

Original: גּי גּוי

Transliteration: gôy gôy

Phonetic: go'-ee

BDB Definition:
      1. nation, people (noun masculine)
        1. nation, people
          1. usually of non-Hebrew people
          2. of descendants of Abraham
          3. of Israel
        2. of swarm of locusts, other animals (figuratively)
        3. Goyim? = " nations" (noun proper masculine)
      Gentiles can mean heathen or nations begotten by Abraham.

It has nothing to do with, however, Abraham being spiritual father of heathen gentiles who are not his real descendants. Christianity believes in the contrary which is in opposition of whom Yahusha Ha Mashyach came to save. He came to save His people from their sin.
      Last edited by dannyfortruth; 10-12-17, 02:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by dannyfortruth View Post
        It has nothing to do with, however, Abraham being spiritual father of heathen gentiles who are not his real descendants. Christianity believes in the contrary which is in opposition of whom Yahusha Ha Mashyach came to save. He came to save His people from their sin.
        Mark 7:26
        [26] The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

Gal 3:28
        [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Rom 1:16
        [16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 10:12
        [12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Dannyfortruth, your beliefs are not supported by people educated in the languages. It is just your own personal views. Your whole argument and assertion has the Bible in effect saying "neither for the Jew only, but for the Jew as well." God does not say that. He says "The Jew and the Greek."

Frankly, your whole argument is silly.

Comment

From where you got this definition?

Gentile

See real definitions:

Original: גּי גּוי

Transliteration: gôy gôy

Phonetic: go'-ee

BDB Definition:
          1. nation, people (noun masculine)
            1. nation, people
              1. usually of non-Hebrew people
              2. of descendants of Abraham
              3. of Israel
            2. of swarm of locusts, other animals (figuratively)
            3. Goyim? = " nations" (noun proper masculine)
          Gentiles can mean heathen or nations begotten by Abraham.

Tom replies

In any case heathen was the translation of ethnos in the verse I quoted. Here also

Ga 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
          Ga 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
          Ga 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The new testament does not fit your views
          Let God's word speak and everyman be silent

Comment

• Originally posted by TribulationSigns View Post

Mark 7:26
            [26] The woman was a Greek, a Syrophenician by nation; and she besought him that he would cast forth the devil out of her daughter.

Gal 3:28
            [28] There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

Rom 1:16
            [16] For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to every one that believeth; to the Jew first, and also to the Greek.

Rom 10:12
            [12] For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him.

Dannyfortruth, your beliefs are not supported by people educated in the languages. It is just your own personal views. Your whole argument and assertion has the Bible in effect saying "neither for the Jew only, but for the Jew as well." God does not say that. He says "The Jew and the Greek."

Frankly, your whole argument is silly.

Erik, you are not reading scriptures carefully. Let's take the same account from the gospel account of Mattatyahu (Matthew):

22 And see, a woman of Kenaʽan came from those borders and cried out to Him, saying, Have compassion on me, O Master, Son of Dawiḏ! My daughter is badly demon-possessed.

How does any heathen know that The Messiah came through the house of David (tribe of Yahudah/Judah)? She professed faith in Mashyach as she knew part of scriptures that Messiah would come just like the Samaritan Woman.

Now read the next verse carefully:

23 But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, Send her away; for she crieth after us.

Disciples of Mashyach at that time didn't know fully Mashyach came for the lost sheep of Yasharal as they thought those not following them who were of Judeah will not be accepted by Mashyach. Now look at what Mashyach tells them:

24 But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Yisrael.
            Yahusha tested her faith as she knew that Jews of Yarushalam treated them like dogs or unclean as they lived among heathens. Yet these little dogs thronged for crumbs fallibg from Rich Man's tables like the parable of Lazarus and the Rich Man.

All scriptures are a harmonious whole. If Abraham is called the father of many nations, the promise is not in a vacuum like you and your Mountain Retreat group believe. You may feel I'm proud but because Yahusha has made me to see my christian nakedness, today I see scriptures in Hebraic perspective as was from OT fathers. In humility I testify from scriptures that Christian religion that started from perversion of Hebraic Messiah into Greek Christ is earthly wisdom and is devlish.

Gal 3: 28 There is not Yehuḏi nor Greek, there is not slave nor free, there is not male and female, for you are all one in Messiah יהושע.

This is true once a Jew from Jerusalem or an Hellenistic Jew (Greeks come to Messiah the middle wall of divusion goes away and there is now no distinction.

Erik you have to put scriptures in right perspective as scriptures teach that both divided houses of Judah and Israel will be united in Messiah as one Israel - Heb 8:8-10.

You need to put in right perspective that the covenant was made with Abraham that he would litetally father many nations. If you can't get this fact right you can't be right with Alahym.

if you put your questions in Christian Mountain Retreat, you will only get false christian perspective. You have to come out of Mystery Babylon losing all your old friends and security of great company to stand alone for Mashyach.

I'm not silly because I testify to truth. You can't bear truth.

I don't go to language experts of Christian websites but you can't believe that Mashyach can be our Teacher. Many experts of Jewish Turah were expert in their own language but failed to see Mashyach in The Turah. Those branches were broken off. So what these Christian experts can teach but Christianity?

Last edited by dannyfortruth; 10-12-17, 10:58 AM.

Comment

Tom replies

In any case heathen was the translation of ethnos in the verse I quoted. Here also

Ga 1:16 To reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood:
              Ga 2:9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we [should go] unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.
              Ga 3:8 And the scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, [saying], In thee shall all nations be blessed.

The new testament does not fit your views
              You want to use certain scriptures against other scriptures to prove your theology despite showing you that Galatians were Jews and lost sheep of Yasharal? Forget it Galatians was not written to people like you.

There is no salvation beyond Abrahamic covenant.

I don't care what Translators use neither I care for what pagan Greek says. Salvation is impossible reality for those outside of Abrahamic covenant. You can continue to protest and try to find loopholes in scriptures but it doesn't discount the fact that those who weren't literally fathered by Abraham can't enter the gates of Yarushalam. Again let no one misunderstand - not all Abraham's descendants will be saved but only elected to salvation (childrens of promise).
              Last edited by dannyfortruth; 10-12-17, 11:13 AM.

Comment

You want to use certain scriptures against other scriptures to prove your theology despite showing you that Galatians were Jews and lost sheep of Yasharal? Forget it Galatians was not written to people like you.

There is no salvation beyond Abrahamic covenant.

I don't care what Translators use neither I care for what pagan Greek says. Salvation is impossible reality for those outside of Abrahamic covenant. You can continue to protest and try to find loopholes in scriptures but it doesn't discount the fact that those who weren't literally fathered by Abraham can't enter the gates of Yarushalam. Again let no one misunderstand - not all Abraham's descendants will be saved but only elected to salvation (childrens of promise).
                Tom replies

Actually you want to use your understanding of old testament verses against the new testament

because the new testament does not support you

Mt 3:9 and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, We have Abraham for our father; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

Gentile

Ro 4:9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, "FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS."
                10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised;
                11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,
                12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.
                13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.

In any case nothing anywhere is ever stated that the gospel was limited to physical descendants of Abraham.

Comment

Tom replies

Actually you want to use your understanding of old testament verses against the new testament

because the new testament does not support you

Mt 3:9 and do not suppose that you can say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham for our father’; for I say to you that from these stones God is able to raise up children to Abraham.

Gentile

Ro 4:9 Is this blessing then on the circumcised, or on the uncircumcised also? For we say, "FAITH WAS CREDITED TO ABRAHAM AS RIGHTEOUSNESS."
                  10 How then was it credited? While he was circumcised, or uncircumcised? Not while circumcised, but while uncircumcised;
                  11 and he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had while uncircumcised, so that he might be the father of all who believe without being circumcised, that righteousness might be credited to them,
                  12 and the father of circumcision to those who not only are of the circumcision, but who also follow in the steps of the faith of our father Abraham which he had while uncircumcised.
                  13 For the promise to Abraham or to his descendants that he would be heir of the world was not through the Law, but through the righteousness of faith.

In any case nothing anywhere is ever stated that the gospel was limited to physical descendants of Abraham.

All Thise scriptures you quoted are in oversll context of Heb 11:11-12, Heb 8:8, Luke 1:68-73, Act 26:6-7, Mat 1:21, Mat 15;24.

But you want to hear heathens entering the gates of Jerusalem which is not allowed anywhere in scriptures. The heathens you keep referring to are in context of lost sheep of Yasharal livibg among heathens and Jews of Jerusalem looked down upon them. They are not heathens in the sense of outside Abrahamic covenant. They are not christians but have come back as prodigal sons. If you dont understand this then you are among heathens of the world without any hope in future.

The NT is continuation of OT and NT can't be contrary to OT prophecies where no prophecies were ever made concerning heathens of the world outside the scope of Yasharal.

All you quote scriptures to prove your false heathen salvation is private interpretation without any base You can't use scriptures from Galatians to nullify Abrahamic covenant.

Galatians wasn't written to heathen gentiles:

1 O senseless Galatians! Who has put you under a spell, not to obey the truth before whose eyes יהושע Messiah was clearly portrayed among you as impaled?

Gal 3:2 This only I wish to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of Torah, or by the hearing of belief?

It shiws it's written to those Jews who were going back to keep the Turah when Mashyach fullfilled the sacrificial offering.

it's explaining to them about the faith of Abraham. It's not speaking to heathens that they can have faith of Abraham.
                  You are reading scriptures in the way heathens read.

Comment

All Thise scriptures you quoted are in oversll context of Heb 11:11-12, Heb 8:8, Luke 1:68-73, Act 26:6-7, Mat 1:21, Mat 15;24.

But you want to hear heathens entering the gates of Jerusalem which is not allowed anywhere in scriptures. The heathens you keep referring to are in context of lost sheep of Yasharal livibg among heathens and Jews of Jerusalem looked down upon them. They are not heathens in the sense of outside Abrahamic covenant. They are not christians but have come back as prodigal sons. If you dont understand this then you are among heathens of the world without any hope in future.

The NT is continuation of OT and NT can't be contrary to OT prophecies where no prophecies were ever made concerning heathens of the world outside the scope of Yasharal.

All you quote scriptures to prove your false heathen salvation is private interpretation without any base You can't use scriptures from Galatians to nullify Abrahamic covenant.

Galatians wasn't written to heathen gentiles:

1 O senseless Galatians! Who has put you under a spell, not to obey the truth before whose eyes Messiah was clearly portrayed among you as impaled?

Gal 3:2 This only I wish to learn from you: Did you receive the Spirit by works of Torah, or by the hearing of belief?

It shiws it's written to those Jews who were going back to keep the Turah when Mashyach fullfilled the sacrificial offering.

it's explaining to them about the faith of Abraham. It's not speaking to heathens that they can have faith of Abraham.
                    You are reading scriptures in the way heathens read.

Tom replies

The Galatians, like the inhabitants of the surrounding country, were heathens, and their religion was of a gross and debasing kind. They are said to have worshipped" the mother of the gods,"under the name of Agdistis. Callimachus, in his hymns, calls them"a foolish People."and Hillary, himself a Gaul, calls them Gallos indociles — expressions which, says Galmet, may well excuse Paul’s addressing them as"foolish,"ch. iii. 1. There were few cities to be found among them, with the exception of Ancyra, Tavium, and Pessinus, which carried on some trade. The possessors of Galatia were of three different nations or tribes of Gauls; the Tolistobogi, the Trocmi, and the Tectosagi.

Barnes notes

Galatians, Epistle to

The genuineness of this epistle is not called in question. Its Pauline origin is universally acknowledged.

1. Occasion of. The churches of Galatia were founded by Paul himself #Ac 16:6 Ga 1:8 4:13,19 They seem to have been composed mainly of converts from
                    heathenism #Ga 4:8 but partly also of Jewish converts, who probably, under the influence of Judaizing teachers, sought to incorporate the rites of Judaism with Christianity, and by their active zeal had succeeded in inducing the majority of the churches to adopt their views #Ga 1:6 3:1. Eastons revised bible dictionary

Am 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
                    Am 9:12 That they may possess the remnant of Edom, and of all the
                    heathen, which are called by my name, saith the LORD that doeth this.

Comment

Tom replies

The Galatians, like the inhabitants of the surrounding country, were heathens, and their religion was of a gross and debasing kind. They are said to have worshipped" the mother of the gods,"under the name of Agdistis. Callimachus, in his hymns, calls them"a foolish People."and Hillary, himself a Gaul, calls them Gallos indociles — expressions which, says Galmet, may well excuse Paul’s addressing them as"foolish,"ch. iii. 1. There were few cities to be found among them, with the exception of Ancyra, Tavium, and Pessinus, which carried on some trade. The possessors of Galatia were of three different nations or tribes of Gauls; the Tolistobogi, the Trocmi, and the Tectosagi.

Barnes notes

Galatians, Epistle to

The genuineness of this epistle is not called in question. Its Pauline origin is universally acknowledged.

1. Occasion of. The churches of Galatia were founded by Paul himself #Ac 16:6 Ga 1:8 4:13,19 They seem to have been composed mainly of converts from
                      heathenism #Ga 4:8 but partly also of Jewish converts, who probably, under the influence of Judaizing teachers, sought to incorporate the rites of Judaism with Christianity, and by their active zeal had succeeded in inducing the majority of the churches to adopt their views #Ga 1:6 3:1. Eastons revised bible dictionary

Am 9:11 In that day will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build it as in the days of old:
                      There is no point in testifying to you any further. Heathens will read scriptures in heathen way as they have no hope if they have no Abraham as their father. All your excuses will find you wanting.

Comment

Tom replies

Barnes notes

Galatians, Epistle to

I'm not interested in your heathen view outside of scriptures. There is no covenant outside of Abrahamic covenant which Heb 11:11-12 makes it very clear in its fullfillment. Your argument doesn't stand test of scriptures.

Comment

I'm not interested in your heathen view outside of scriptures. There is no covenant outside of Abrahamic covenant which Heb 11:11-12 makes it very clear in its fullfillment. Your argument doesn't stand test of scriptures.
                          Tom replies

My My sounds like sour grapes

Scripture shows you are wrong

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
                          12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
                          13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
                          14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
                          15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
                          16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
                          17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
                          18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
                          19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
                          20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
                          21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
                          22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

According to you the only ones who are strangers to the covenant would be gentiles who are not descended from Abraham

This verse states they are brought nigh; that the middle wall of partition has been broken down, that God desires to reconcile both and these gentiles at no longer strangers or foreigners but fellow citizens

It's time for you to give it up

Your views fail the test of the New Testament

Comment

Tom replies

Eph 2:11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;
                            12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:
                            13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.
                            14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;
                            15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;
                            16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:
                            17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.
                            19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;
                            20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;
                            21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:
                            22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

According to you the only ones who are strangers to the covenant would be gentiles who are not descended from Abraham

This verse states they are brought nigh; that the middle wall of partition has been broken down, that God desires to reconcile both and these gentiles at no longer strangers or foreigners but fellow citizens

That's bcoz you are not capable to understand who are circumcision and who are uncircumcision in Ephesians. Scriptures are not written to heathen gentiles of the world. Scriptures are out of your reach of understanding. By your posts here it won't even make sense of your desiring crumbs falling from the table of Rich Man.

Comment

That's bcoz you are not capable to understand who are circumcision and who are uncircumcision in Ephesians. Scriptures are not written to heathen gentiles of the world. Scriptures are out of your reach of understanding. By your posts here it won't even make sense of your desiring crumbs falling from the table of Rich Man.
                              Tom replies

Sorry you are just ignoring the context of the verse and my argument as well

Tom replies

Comment

Tom replies

Sorry you are just ignoring the context of the verse and my argument as well

Tom replies

I'm not like you who doesn't divide the Word rightly. I don't ignore context but you are not in a position to understand any of the epistle. If Mashyach has come and died on the cross then that's the overall context. You can't take one scripture from any of the books that Mashyach has not come and laid down His life. That's your situation of understanding scriptures.
                                No use of further showing you from any scripture.

Comment

Working...
                                X