Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Comparing the "rapture" to the second advent of Jesus.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing the "rapture" to the second advent of Jesus.

There are some who do not believe in the “rapture” of the Church and perhaps they will not be caught up. It seems to me that those who deny the rapture are refusing some of the promises made by Jesus.

Some thoughts that I agree with.

The rapture is when Jesus Christ returns to remove the church (all believers in Christ) from the earth. The rapture is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54. Believers who have died will have their bodies resurrected and, along with believers who are still living, will meet the Lord in the air. This will all occur in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye.

The second coming is when Jesus returns to defeat the Antichrist, destroy evil, and establish His millennial kingdom. The second coming is described in Revelation 19:11-16.

The important differences between the rapture and second coming are as follows:

1) At the rapture, believers meet the Lord in the air (1 Thessalonians 4:17). At the second coming, believers return with the Lord to the earth (Revelation 19:14).

2) The second coming occurs after the great and terrible tribulation (Revelation chapters 6–19). The rapture occurs before the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

3) The rapture is the removal of believers from the earth as an act of deliverance (1 Thessalonians 4:13-17, 5:9). The second coming includes the removal of unbelievers as an act of judgment (Matthew 24:40-41).

4) The rapture will be secret and instant (1 Corinthians 15:50-54). The second coming will be visible to all (Revelation 1:7; Matthew 24:29-30).

5) The second coming of Christ will not occur until after certain other end-times events take place (2 Thessalonians 2:4; Matthew 24:15-30; Revelation chapters 6–18). The rapture is imminent; it could take place at any moment (Titus 2:13; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 1 Corinthians 15:50-54).

Why is it important to keep the rapture and the second coming distinct?

1) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, believers will have to go through the tribulation (1 Thessalonians 5:9; Revelation 3:10).

2) If the rapture and the second coming are the same event, the return of Christ is not imminent—there are many things which must occur before He can return (Matthew 24:4-30).

3) In describing the tribulation period, Revelation chapters 6–19 nowhere mentions the church. During the tribulation—also called “the time of trouble for Jacob” (Jeremiah 30:7)—God will again turn His primary attention to Israel (Romans 11:17-31).

The rapture and second coming are similar but separate events. Both involve Jesus returning. Both are end-times events. However, it is crucially important to recognize the differences.

In summary, the rapture is the return of Christ in the clouds to remove all believers from the earth before the time of God’s wrath. The second coming is the return of Christ to the earth to bring the tribulation to an end and to defeat the Antichrist and his evil world empire.

Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

When plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense, else you get nonsense.

I believe that God said what he meant and He means what He said.

Originally posted by tevans9129 View Post
    There are some who do not believe in the “rapture” of the Church and perhaps they will not be caught up. It seems to me that those who deny the rapture are refusing some of the promises made by Jesus.

Some thoughts that I agree with.

The rapture is when Jesus Christ returns to remove the church (all believers in Christ) from the earth. The rapture is described in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 and 1 Corinthians 15:50-54. Believers who have died will have their bodies resurrected and, along with believers who are still living, will meet the Lord in the air. This will all occur in a moment, in a twinkling of an eye.
    FALSE!!

But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope. 14 For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. 15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.  16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 18 Wherefore comfort one another with these words. 1Thess. 4:13-18

Clearly referencing the 2nd coming not a pre-trib. Rapture. The rabid cult of Dispensational con-men cannot read the clearest verses of scripture that speak of the general resurrection of the dead at the 2nd coming without inserting their pre-trib. Rapture heresy.

Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51 Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52 In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality. 54 So when this corruptible shall have put on incorruption, and this mortal shall have put on immortality, then shall be brought to pass the saying that is written, Death is swallowed up in victory. 1 Cor. 15:50-54.

Once again clearly referencing the general resurrection of the dead at the 2nd coming not a pre-trib. Rapture. I could go through ever line of this post and point out error after error but it would be pointless because those who are duped by this belong to the rabid cult of Dispensational sorcery who DO NOT live by the words of scripture but their own perversion of it.

Comment

Dispensationals have morphed their Rapture heresy to now include the trumpet of God and a resurrection of the dead. You have to be taught this trash from the cradle to actually believe in it which is why Dispensationalism is a cult and Protestantism has fallen away.

Comment

Originally posted by Nola369 View Post
        Dispensationals have morphed their Rapture heresy to now include the trumpet of God and a resurrection of the dead. You have to be taught this trash from the cradle to actually believe in it which is why Dispensationalism is a cult and Protestantism has fallen away.
        I would be thrilled to engage in a serious discussion of this topic and will agree to answer every question that I may be asked in defense of my views using scripture just as it is written, IF, you will agree to do the same for me, will you? My bet is that you will ignore my invitation or will have some excuse for not accepting, if you are not confident that you can defend your assertions when challenged with questions. Many can be quite authoratative when preaching their sermons but not so many when challenged with question. So what say you Nola, how confident are you and are you willing to prove that confidence? I do not think you are but I am hoping that you will prove me wrong.

Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

When plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense, else you get nonsense.

Comment

I would be thrilled to engage in a serious discussion of this topic and will agree to answer every question that I may be asked in defense of my views using scripture just as it is written, IF, you will agree to do the same for me, will you? My bet is that you will ignore my invitation or will have some excuse for not accepting, if you are not confident that you can defend your assertions when challenged with questions. Many can be quite authoratative when preaching their sermons but not so many when challenged with question. So what say you Nola, how confident are you and are you willing to prove that confidence? I do not think you are but I am hoping that you will prove me wrong.
          You're an unbeliever and I refuted your first two verses which you blatantly twisted and perverted into a pre-trib Rapture.

The Bible mentions only one future coming of Christ, (Matt. 24:3; 1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 3:13; 4:15; 5:23; 2 Thess. 2:1, 8; Jas. 5:7; 2 Pet. 3:4; 1 John 2:28)

Comment

And on what basis should I, or anyone else around here, have the slightest interest in what you believe? And you don't have the slightest knowledge of how I became a pretribber. I will guarantee you that I was not "taught from the cradle". I did not become a Christian until age 32 and EVERY Biblical and theological belief that I hold is based upon my own study of Scripture in the original languages. I'm pretrib because I know what this verse means: "For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together." Matthew 24:28 (KJV) You obviously don't.
            Fight like a real man. Get on your knees and pray!

Comment

Originally posted by Arkycharlie View Post

And on what basis should I, or anyone else around here, have the slightest interest in what you believe? And you don't have the slightest knowledge of how I became a pretribber. I will guarantee you that I was not "taught from the cradle". I did not become a Christian until age 32 and EVERY Biblical and theological belief that I hold is based upon my own study of Scripture in the original languages. I'm pretrib because I know what this verse means: "For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together." Matthew 24:28 (KJV) You obviously don't.
              I could care less what you believe. You can feast on the dead carcase of John Darby's heresy till the cows come home. If you only knew what other Christians say behind your back.

Heretics are put on earth for the relief of other Christians so that when things get really bad we just look at you and say, at least I haven't fallen that far!

Comment

You're an unbeliever and I refuted your first two verses which you blatantly twisted and perverted into a pre-trib Rapture.

The Bible mentions only one future coming of Christ, (Matt. 24:3; 1 Cor. 15:23; 1 Thess. 3:13; 4:15; 5:23; 2 Thess. 2:1, 8; Jas. 5:7; 2 Pet. 3:4; 1 John 2:28)
                I was correct about Nola...he does not have the confidence in his theology to defend it in any serious discussion. Too bad that he is not as adept in answering questions when asked as he is in making personal attacks. Sad, very sad.

Comment

I could care less what you believe.
                  So what else is new? This works both ways, which makes this such a total waste of time for all concerned.
                  You can feast on the dead carcase of John Darby's heresy till the cows come home.
                  So why don't you share with us your interpretation of the verse I quoted. And while you're at it, tell us what the most prevalent interpretation was for at least a thousand years. I can document it. Can you?
                  If you only knew what other Christians say behind your back.
                  Oh my, I’m heartbroken about what preterist amillennials must be saying behind my back.
                  Heretics are put on earth for the relief of other Christians so that when things get really bad we just look at you and say, at least I haven't fallen that far!
                  So, just out of curiosity, how do you define “heretic”. I define it as those who deny the very words of Almighty God and then they define it as those who believe those words. Those who call evil good and good evil. Men such as yourself.
                  Fight like a real man. Get on your knees and pray!

Comment

I was correct about Nola...he does not have the confidence in his theology to defend it in any serious discussion. Too bad that he is not as adept in answering questions when asked as he is in making personal attacks. Sad, very sad.
                    Ask away, what are you afraid of? I only refuted your heresy in less than millisecond.

Comment

Ask away, what are you afraid of? I only refuted your heresy in less than millisecond.
                      I am still waiting for you to answer the first one that I asked you, when are you going to do that? Do not waste your time writing that you answered it, just quote your answer to the question as it was asked, will you do that?

Comment

Originally posted by Arkycharlie View Post

So why don't you share with us your interpretation of the verse I quoted. And while you're at it, tell us what the most prevalent interpretation was for at least a thousand years. I can document it. Can you?
                        For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together. Matt. 24:48

At the second coming of Christ he comes into the atmosphere with all the angels of heaven. The dead in Christ are raised incorruptible and rise to meet him in the air and the tribulation saints are changed into their incorruptible bodies and rise to meet him as well. The beast and false prophet and all the lost are cut down by the glory of the Lord and the birds feast on their flesh. Christ remains in the atmosphere and his feet do not touch the earth.

During the 1000 years the saints reign with Christ in heaven not on the desolate earth that has become the prison home for Satan and his angels. Also during this time the New Jerusalem will be in heaven so that is where Christ will reign seeing his throne is always on the right hand of the Father in heaven. Christ, the saints and the loyal angels will all be in heaven during the millennium. Satan, the fallen angels and the dead lost people will all be on earth during the millennium.

At the end of the 1000 years, Christ, the New Jerusalem, all the angels and all the saints will come back to earth. This is the time when Christ's feet touch the earth and it becomes a great plain for the New Jerusalem to rest on. Satan is loosed from his prison and all the lost are resurrected or Gog and Magog and they surround the New Jerusalem and a great white throne appears which is the great day of judgment and Satan and his angels and all the lost receive their doom.

There is no millennial kingdom on earth. There is no animal sacrifice during the millennium. The temple at the end of Ezekiel is the tribulation temple. Darby lied to you and your whole temple theology is a fairy-tale. John Darby the false prophet deceived you and your father and your grand father and your great grand father and your great, great grand father.

Comment

I am still waiting for you to answer the first one that I asked you, when are you going to do that? Do not waste your time writing that you answered it, just quote your answer to the question as it was asked, will you do that?
                          What question? I'm not a mind reader.

Comment

What question? I'm not a mind reader.
                            Apparently, you are not much of a reader of any kind.

Comment

Apparently, you are not much of a reader of any kind.
                              Apparently, you believe in the Rapture because Hollywood made a movie about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X