Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Dispensationalist? Do you believe this?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ruk View Post

Then you should curse Jesus to boiling excrement and become a "Jew".

Why don't you?
    Can you do anything other than making false accusations about people that you know absolutely nothing about? Can you present anything that you can prove as being factual?

My view of dispensationism, can you prove any of it wrong using scripture as it is written? No, you cannot.

My view is that from Genesis 1 to when Jesus was raised from the grave, God used Judaism in dealing with people, disp 1, from Jesus for approximately 2k years, so far, God used Christianity dealing with people, disp 2, beginning at the start of the seven-year tribulation, God pours out His wrath on the world for those left behind, disp 3, during the 1k year reign of Christ on earth, God once again will deal with Jews and Gentiles as He did in the beginning, with some modifications, disp 4, and perhaps, extending on into post millennium. I have formed that opinion from scripture, it did not come from Donald Duck or whoever some ascribe it to.

BTW Ruk, why do you believe God is a liar? Why do you believe that God does not honor His promises and covenants? Why do you believe the Bible is not the inspired word of God? If you are so knowledgeable, why do you refuse to enter into a Q & A type of discussion of scripture rather than making absurd accusations?
    Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

When plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense, else you get nonsense.

I believe that God said what he meant and He means what He said.

Comment

Originally posted by tevans9129 View Post

Can you do anything other than making false accusations about people that you know absolutely nothing about? Can you present anything that you can prove as being factual?
      I didn't make an accusation. I asked a question, why don't you (or any Dispensationalist) curse Jesus to boiling excrement and become a Jew, given the satanic Dispensationalist belief that Jews (Antichrists and Satan's children) are God's chosen people and all of them will be saved?

BTW Ruk, why do you believe God is a liar? Why do you believe that God does not honor His promises and covenants? Why do you believe the Bible is not the inspired word of God? If you are so knowledgeable, why do you refuse to enter into a Q & A type of discussion of scripture rather than making absurd accusations?
      Dispensationalists implicitly teach that God is a liar in many ways, such as when they teach that God uses words like "soon" to con people into thinking the rapture is always imminent.

Everything Dispensationlists say is a lie. One lie they tell is that God made an unbreakable promise to Abraham and all his children. Then the liar will ask of a Christian "Do you believe God is a liar? Why do you believe that God does not honor his promises and covenants?"

Why do lying, gonna-burn-in-Hell Dispensationionalists so hate Abraham's Arab children? What of Geneses 12's unbreakable promise to Abraham?

Dispensatationalist know nothing of God and they contradict one of the most fundamental doctrines of Christianity: Faith alone. God promised Abraham's children nothing, except eternal punishment, apart from faith -- the same deal to all people. Further,Talmudists, so-called Jews today, are not the descendants of Abraham, so any unbreakable promise God might have made to Abraham and his children doesn't apply to Jews, except in the dumb and deceived minds of demonic Dispensationalists.

Comment

Absolutely agree, the Jews are God's chosen people and He could care less what anyone believes.
        So those citizens of the Jewish nation of Israel, who call themselves Jews, are all of God's chosen people? Those 50% atheist's, the rest Jesus rejecting Judaism or Bahai, Muslim, LBGT reprobates, who fail to acknowledge God as their helper?
        No, your belief is way out and only made to support the 'rapture to heaven' of the Church fable.

We Christians are the Chosen people of God; John 15:14-16, 1 Peter 2:9-10, that includes Messianic Jews, the remnant that will be saved. Romans 9:27
        We Christians are the 'sons of Israel', as Jesus is the true Israel and we are His followers. Romans 9:24-26

Comment

Originally posted by keras View Post

So those citizens of the Jewish nation of Israel, who call themselves Jews, are all of God's chosen people? Those 50% atheist's, the rest Jesus rejecting Judaism or Bahai, Muslim, LBGT reprobates, who fail to acknowledge God as their helper?
          No, your belief is way out and only made to support the 'rapture to heaven' of the Church fable.

We Christians are the Chosen people of God; John 15:14-16, 1 Peter 2:9-10, that includes Messianic Jews, the remnant that will be saved. Romans 9:27
          We Christians are the 'sons of Israel', as Jesus is the true Israel and we are His followers. Romans 9:24-26

Are you just ignorant of Ezekiel or, do you just discard it because it does not fit your theology? God made over 200 promises/covenants to Israel, the Jewish people, so do you believe God breaks His promises or did he just lie to the Jewish people?

To answer your questions, no and I know of no conservative Bible believing Christian that has ever suggested such nonsense. It is only the Replacement Theologists that make such absurd statements.
          Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

When plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense, else you get nonsense.

Comment

Dispensatationalist know nothing of God and they contradict one of the most fundamental doctrines of Christianity: Faith alone. God promised Abraham's children nothing, except eternal punishment, apart from faith -- the same deal to all people. Further,Talmudists, so-called Jews today, are not the descendants of Abraham, so any unbreakable promise God might have made to Abraham and his children doesn't apply to Jews, except in the dumb and deceived minds of demonic Dispensationalists.
            If you are so knowledgeable, why do you refuse to enter into a Q & A type of discussion of scripture rather than making absurd accusations? I have a theory.....you know that you cannot defend your ludicrous theology when challenged with questions.

Comment

“Many ask, Who are God's chosen people in the earth today?”

1) I have a novel idea, rather than listen to men that have a theology to defend, why not read God’s written word to see what He says about the subject?

2) Over two hundred times in the OT, the phrase, "my people" is used denoting Israel, the Jews, as being God's "people". The phrase is used seven times in the NT, six of which are quotes from the OT and the seventh has nothing to do with the church.

3) This is just one of many verses where God leaves no doubt who “my people” are.

Jeremiah 31:33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

4) How can it get any clearer than that? The Replacement Theologiest refuse all invitations to have a serious Q&A type of discussion chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse, word-by-word for the simple reason they know they have no defense for their views when challenged with questions.

Comment

1) My point of the thousands of the rank and file Jews who followed Jesus as opposed to those that protested against him and were orchestrated by the leadership, I believe. IOW, I do not believe that the majority of every-day Jews rejected Jesus.
                Originally posted by Dave View Post
                Well, the rank and file it appears were highly interested, motivated, and in some cases converted (judging by the gospel accounts). But it must have been a very confusing time, since the very leadership who taught the rank and file about the Messiah, were the ones leading the people to reject His claims.
                1) Not sure how to respond to this other than an opinion…they were teaching what they themselves believed about the Messiah but they did not want to accept Jesus as the Christ since His teachings did not reconcile with theirs.

2) Where do you think our discussion is going, I am curious… in case I need to prepare.
                Based on what I mentioned in the comment, I think that how the Mosaic Law was to be dealt with by God in relation to the Nation of Israel and the gentiles is extremely important.
                2) I agree, so where do we start with that? How about starting in Ezekiel 40 through at least 46 but preferably to the end of the book. Or, do you not believe this is speaking of the tribulation and beyond?

Dispensationalism, as I understand it, hinges on the outworking of the particular Covenants that God made with the world and Israel. Since we're looking at the basis of the New Covenant (with the death, burial, and resurrection of our Lord), the progression of our particular views of eschatology will be steered by how we view the outworking of those covenants. That was my experience with discussing it in the past... but like I said, I try to be non-assuming. I'm open the idea of learning something new through interacting with you.

3) Without any specifics referenced I will pass on commenting on your comment.

3) Perhaps that depends upon your definition of “dispensation”, would you care to define it as you see it?
                Sure. It refers to the specific way in which God plans, regulates, and administers His program through-out specific time periods, These time periods are defined in the way that God works within them by Covenants. The essential condition to dispensationalism, is the distinction that is made between Israel, gentiles, and one could add the church. As I've studied the differing views of what I guess are systematic theologies, I've noticed how the essential condition to dispensationalism (as asserted) is sometimes kept, but not always kept consistently. As I see it, at the moment (which adds to the intrigue), I'm trying to figure out if I'm right or wrong in how consistently you and or Hagee keep the distinctions.
                4) I will repost my definition of dispensationalism which I have never varied from and I have never seen Hagee deviate from his as well. I have not seen all of his sermons so could not present that as a fact.

[My view is that from Genesis 1 to when Jesus was raised from the grave, God used Judaism in dealing with people, disp 1, from Jesus for approximately 2k years, so far, God used Christianity dealing with people, disp 2, beginning at the start of the seven-year tribulation, God pours out His wrath on the world for those left behind, disp 3, during the 1k year reign of Christ on earth, God once again will deal with Jews and Gentiles as He did in the beginning, with some modifications, disp 4, and perhaps, extending on into post millennium. I have formed that opinion from scripture, it did not come from Donald Duck or whoever some ascribe it to.]

4) If, you have the beliefs that I have inferred from your writings, I am somewhat surprised that you go to a SBC. I was a member for many years but prefer more non-denominational churches, those that are pretty much in alignment with SBC theology wise but have a different format.
                Well... the SBC churches have never ceased to surprise me with the variety one can find there-in. Never-the-less... it's the place that steered me toward the beliefs I hold, and therefore I'm more compelled to stay. The main thing I try to remember is that I've learned and learn progressively... this helps me to remember that others probably do to, and I'd like to think that inspires in me a certain amount of respect, patience, and humility towards the process. Yeah, I get frustrated at church sometimes... but I allow for my ignorance, and I give what I've learned willfully.
                5) Copy that.

5) IMO, most churches are not where one learns scripture. Salvation scripture yes, but beyond that, not so much. I prefer the Bible with many commentaries of which they must align with scripture as it is written for me to accept their views. I have learned more scripture from Logos software than all the churches that I have ever attended.
                Agreed. The crazy internet has helped me navigate what people believe, I already possessed the internal need to know why they do. That need to know has driven me for years...

Hope you're well,
                Dave
                6) And God willing, we will never lose that desire.

Ted

Comment

Are you just ignorant of Ezekiel or, do you just discard it because it does not fit your theology? God made over 200 promises/covenants to Israel, the Jewish people, so do you believe God breaks His promises or did he just lie to the Jewish people?
                  You lie. God made no promise to Antichrist Talmudists, except to throw them into Hell. And, when you are called out, just repeat your satanic lies.

Comment

You lie. God made no promise to Antichrist Talmudists, except to throw them into Hell. And, when you are called out, just repeat your satanic lies.
                    Is there not something in the rules about calling someone a liar?

If you are so knowledgeable, why do you refuse to enter into a Q & A type of discussion of scripture rather than making absurd accusations? I have a theory.....you know that you cannot defend your ludicrous theology when challenged with questions.

And he proves it with every post that he makes.

Comment

“Many ask, Who are God's chosen people in the earth today?”
                      YOU HAVE NEVER KNOWN WHO GOD'S PEOPLE ARE, NOT TODAY, NOT OVER 2000 YEARS AGO. ALL YOUR, DISPENSATIONALIST DOCTRINES ARE LIES.

1) I have a novel idea, rather than listen to men that have a theology to defend, why not read God’s written word to see what He says about the subject?
                      You can only lie about what God's word says.

2) Over two hundred times in the OT, the phrase, "my people" is used denoting Israel, the Jews, as being God's "people". The phrase is used seven times in the NT, six of which are quotes from the OT and the seventh has nothing to do with the church.
                      You lie!

3) This is just one of many verses where God leaves no doubt who “my people” are.

Jeremiah 31:33 “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the Lord, “I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.
                      You operate like all Dispensationlist liars. You quote verses that do not support you and you claim they support you without explaining how they support you. How does that verse support your satanic lies? Even you know you lie, else what do you think that new covenant Jeremiah 31:33 speaks of?

Jeremiah 31:33 speaks of the new covenant of Christianity. This is explicitly spelled out in Hebrews 8, where Paul quotes Jeremiah 31:33. Jews are not part of this new covenant. Their Talmudic religion explicitly rejects Christ. Anyone belonging to Christ would understand this. Even in the context of the Old Testament, without the commentary of Hebrews 8, Jeremiah 31:33 contradicts you and makes you a liar. But, my references to Hebrews 8 enough to show that you are DEAD wrong.

4) How can it get any clearer than that? The Replacement Theologiest refuse all invitations to have a serious Q&A type of discussion chapter-by-chapter, verse-by-verse, word-by-word for the simple reason they know they have no defense for their views when challenged with questions.
                      Lies.

Comment

YOU HAVE NEVER KNOWN WHO GOD'S PEOPLE ARE, NOT TODAY, NOT OVER 2000 YEARS AGO. ALL YOUR, DISPENSATIONALIST DOCTRINES ARE LIES.

You can only lie about what God's word says.

You lie!

You operate like all Dispensationlist liars. You quote verses that do not support you and you claim they support you without explaining how they support you. How does that verse support your satanic lies? Even you know you lie, else what do you think that new covenant Jeremiah 31:33 speaks of?

Jeremiah 31:33 speaks of the new covenant of Christianity. This is explicitly spelled out in Hebrews 8, where Paul quotes Jeremiah 31:33. Jews are not part of this new covenant. Their Talmudic religion explicitly rejects Christ. Anyone belonging to Christ would understand this. Even in the context of the Old Testament, without the commentary of Hebrews 8, Jeremiah 31:33 contradicts you and makes you a liar. But, my references to Hebrews 8 enough to show that you are DEAD wrong.

Lies.
                        Sorry, I have not been trained on how to interact with the irrational and mentally challenged. I suggest you find someone that is more on your level. Anyone that cannot answer questions challenging their false doctrine proves they know not what they promote.

Comment

Satan mixed in a little truth with his lies to deceive the ignorant and he has done a masterful job. Just like some in this group, he asked questions but never answered any, what does that tell you?

Comment

Sorry, I have not been trained on how to interact with the irrational and mentally challenged. I suggest you find someone that is more on your level. Anyone that cannot answer questions challenging their false doctrine proves they know not what they promote.

Your spread lies. You provided a single verse that you said shows that Jesus-haters are God's chosen people, just because they call themselves Jews. Your verse didn't say anything about Jesus-haters. And, what it did say was a reference to the Christian covenant. And, then you follow up with that pathetic post whining that I won't answer you.

Comment

Your spread lies. You provided a single verse that you said shows that Jesus-haters are God's chosen people, just because they call themselves Jews. Your verse didn't say anything about Jesus-haters. And, what it did say was a reference to the Christian covenant. And, then you follow up with that pathetic post whining that I won't answer you.

Comment

What questions of yours do I refuse to answer?

Why don't you post in the thread about why Jesus didn't say "soon" in the Olivet discourse. Answer my question, why didn't Jesus say anything like "soon" in any of the eschatology in the Gospels?

Comment

Working...
                                X