Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

When did the "seventy weeks" begin, and when did the first sixty-nine "weeks" end?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did the "seventy weeks" begin, and when did the first sixty-nine "weeks" end?

Daniel 9:24... Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

When did the "seventy weeks" begin, and when did the first sixty-nine "weeks" end?

I believe the "seventy weeks" began around 458/457 BC and the first sixty-nine "weeks" ended around AD 26/27.
    God our father is the holy spirit called the LORD, and Jesus is the LORD in the flesh.

The LORD is God Dt 6:4 The LORD is our father Is 64:8 The LORD is holy Is 6:3 God is spirit Jn 4:24 God manifest in the flesh 1 Ti 3:16 Jesus is Lord 1 Co 12:3

14th March, B.C. 445, the 6th April, A.D. 32

That is if one can believe Daniel, Nehemiah and the London Royal Observatory, it not then most any date you wish to use.

Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

When plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense, else you get nonsense.

I believe that God said what he meant and He means what He said.

Comment

Originally posted by tevans9129 View Post
      14th March, B.C. 445, the 6th April, A.D. 32

That is if one can believe Daniel, Nehemiah and the London Royal Observatory, it not then most any date you wish to use.

I hope you realize that the London Royal Observatory would say there are only 476 Summers between March 14, 445 BC and April 6, AD 32.

Whereas 69 x 7 = 483 (not 476).

It is very simple Math.

When calculating the years between a date in a BC year and the same date in an AD year, you simply add the two years together and subtract 1 (since there is no year 0).

So for example, from March 14, 1 BC to March 14, AD 1 is 1 year (1 + 1 - 1).

And from March 14, 445 BC to April 6, AD 32 is just over 476 (445 + 32 - 1) solar years (which means 476 Summers, Winters, Springs, and Falls).

Just to clarify...

How many Summers do you think there are between March 14, 445 BC to April 6, AD 32?

I say 476.
      Last edited by Presentist; 03-16-19, 10:00 PM.
      God our father is the holy spirit called the LORD, and Jesus is the LORD in the flesh.

The LORD is God Dt 6:4 The LORD is our father Is 64:8 The LORD is holy Is 6:3 God is spirit Jn 4:24 God manifest in the flesh 1 Ti 3:16 Jesus is Lord 1 Co 12:3

Comment

[FONT=&quot]14th March, B.C. 445, the 6th April, A.D. 32

This calculator can help you see that from March 14, 445 BC to April 6, 32 AD is 476 years + 23 days.

P.S.

It appears that you are unaware that Dispensationalists (in order to make the dates "work") changed the "seventy weeks" to 490 "years of 360 days each" as opposed to 490 "solar years".

So Dispensationalists like Sir Robert Anderson say the "seventy weeks" are actually only 483 solar years (483 Summers, 483 Winters, 483 Springs, 483 Falls). They calculate it as 70 x 7 x 360 / 365.25.

In other words, they would all say that the "seventy weeks" only covers 483 Summers.
        Last edited by Presentist; 03-16-19, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Presentist View Post
          Daniel 9:24... Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.

I believe the "seventy weeks" began around 458/457 BC and the first sixty-nine "weeks" ended around AD 26/27.
          There will be a "future" command/announcement in Jerusalem to restore and build the street and wall, this will start the literal 70 week or 490 day prophecy.

7 "Literal Weeks" or 49 days will be spent in planning to build, 62 "Literal Weeks" or 434 days will be actually seen building the wall and street, at the end of these 62 weeks/434 days Messiah will be cut off as Jerusalem is surrounded by armies as the final "Literal 70th Week" begins, 3.5 literal days after the armies surround and enter Jerusalem, the antichrist will stop a daily sacrifice that was started, and proclaim to be the Jewish Messiah, and to the apostate church Jesus Christ returned the man of peace/Flattery, the future 3.5 year or 1260 day, 42 month, great tribulation now begins.

Daniel 9:24-27AKJV
          24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.
          25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.
          26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall bewith a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.
          27 And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Micah 7:11-17 below clearly shows the wall building and it's stopped by the world's armies surrounding Jerusalem, the people of Assyria/Syria and world armies will bring the desolation and fulfill the time of the gentiles Rev 11:2, you will closely note the church in the wilderness seen in Revelation 12:6 below being fed and protected in the 1260 tribulation, this is also seen in Micah 7:14-17 below, manna from heaven as in the days of coming out of Egypt, the world will watch and be astinished.

Micah 7:11-17AKJV
          In the day that thy walls are to be built,
          in that day shall the decree be far removed.
          12 In that day also he shall come even to thee from Assyria,
          and from the fortified cities,
          and from the fortress even to the river,
          and from sea to sea,
          and from mountain to mountain.
          13 Notwithstanding the land shall be desolate
          because of them that dwell therein,
          for the fruit of their doings.
          14 Feed thy people with thy rod,
          the flock of thine heritage, which dwell solitarily in the wood,
          in the midst of Carmel:
          let them feed in Bashan and Gilead,
          as in the days of old.
          15 According to the days of thy coming out of the land of Egypt
          will I shew unto him marvellousthings.
          16 The nations shall see and be confounded at all their might:
          they shall lay their hand upon theirmouth,
          their ears shall be deaf.
          17 They shall lick the dust like a serpent,
          they shall move out of their holes like worms of the earth:
          they shall be afraid of the Lord our God,
          and shall fear because of thee.

Revelation 12:6AKJV
          6 And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.
          Last edited by Truth7t7; 03-17-19, 12:25 AM.

Comment

Following is what is written in scripture about this subject, not the construct of man.

Ezra 7:12
            “Artaxerxes, king of kings, to Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace. And now

Ezra 7:13 I have issued a decree that any of the people of Israel and their priests and the Levites in my kingdom who are willing to go to Jerusalem, may go with you.

Does anyone see one word in those two verses that say anything whatsoever about rebuilding Jerusalem? Are there any other verses that references any such decree as dedscribed in Dan 9:25? No, me neither.

Daniel 9:25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.

What does Daniel say about the decree? Does it say, “…from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress?

A decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, is there a single word in Ezra about rebuilding Jerusalem? No, but what about Nehemiah?

Nehemiah 2:1 And it came about in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, that wine was before him, and I took up the wine and gave it to the king. Now I had not been sad in his presence.

Nehemiah 2:5 I said to the king, “If it please the king, and if your servant has found favor before you, send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.”

Nehemiah 2:8 and a letter to Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the fortress which is by the temple, for the wall of the city and for the house to which I will go.” And the king granted them to me because the good hand of my God was on me.

No words added, subtracted or changed, just as God had it written.

A couple of suggestions, read what folks may write but then go to the scriptures to see if it agrees with what the person has written. If you really want to know for certain if they agree with God’s word, ask them questions that challenge their opinions. If you do not get clear straightforward answers that can be verified, I would suggest the person is not to be trusted. Yes, that absolutely applies to what I write also. Acts 17:11.
            Colossians 2:8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, rather than according to Christ.

When plain sense makes common sense, seek no other sense, else you get nonsense.

Comment

Following is what is written in scripture about this subject, not the construct of man.

Ezra 7:12
              “Artaxerxes, king of kings, to Ezra the priest, the scribe of the law of the God of heaven, perfect peace. And now

Ezra 7:13 I have issued a decree that any of the people of Israel and their priests and the Levites in my kingdom who are willing to go to Jerusalem, may go with you.

Does anyone see one word in those two verses that say anything whatsoever about rebuilding Jerusalem? Are there any other verses that references any such decree as dedscribed in Dan 9:25? No, me neither.

Daniel 9:25 “So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.

What does Daniel say about the decree? Does it say, “…from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress?

A decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem, is there a single word in Ezra about rebuilding Jerusalem? No, but what about Nehemiah?

Nehemiah 2:1 And it came about in the month Nisan, in the twentieth year of King Artaxerxes, that wine was before him, and I took up the wine and gave it to the king. Now I had not been sad in his presence.

Nehemiah 2:5 I said to the king, “If it please the king, and if your servant has found favor before you, send me to Judah, to the city of my fathers’ tombs, that I may rebuild it.”

Nehemiah 2:8 and a letter to Asaph the keeper of the king’s forest, that he may give me timber to make beams for the gates of the fortress which is by the temple, for the wall of the city and for the house to which I will go.” And the king granted them to me because the good hand of my God was on me.

No words added, subtracted or changed, just as God had it written.

A couple of suggestions, read what folks may write but then go to the scriptures to see if it agrees with what the person has written. If you really want to know for certain if they agree with God’s word, ask them questions that challenge their opinions. If you do not get clear straightforward answers that can be verified, I would suggest the person is not to be trusted. Yes, that absolutely applies to what I write also. Acts 17:11.

Hey, you are asking a bunch of questions without first answering my one question...

How many Summers do you think there are between March 14, 445 BC to April 6, AD 32?

I say 476.

Comment

Hey, you are asking a bunch of questions without first answering my one question...

I say 476.
                Did you forget, you were selective in answering my questions so I am doing the same. BTW, I did answer your question.

Comment

I did answer your question.

No. You said there are 490 Summers in the whole "seventy weeks", but you did not say...

I say 476.

Comment

The seventy weeks were revealed to Daniel in the following words: “Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy.” (Daniel 9:24)

First, we need to understand that, although most of our English translations say seventy weeks, the Hebrew word translated weeks was shabuwa', H7620 in Strong’s. This word was used in the Old Testament for both a period of seven days and a period of seven years. Only the context could show whether days of years was meant. And in this case, the context clearly shows that the meaning could not even possibly been days. So it is not simply interpretation to take seventy weeks as meaning 490 years. This is a fully legitimate meaning of the Hebrew words used here.

Daniel 9:25 was told: Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times.

Here we have sixty-nine weeks, or 483 years, from the going forth of the command until Messiah the Prince. Some claim that there is historical evidence that the triumphal entry occurred exactly 483 years, to the day, after the signing of this order; we cannot be certain as to the accuracy of this claim. But history indeed confirms that it occurred at approximately that time.

But now the Divinely inspired account contains a break. We read: And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And until the end of the war, desolations are determined.
                    Daniel 9:26

Two things were to happen after the sixty-two week second part of this account. And we know that both of them indeed happened exactly as explicitly stated. “Messiah” would “be cut off,” and “the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.” Messiah was indeed cut off, and the city and the sanctuary were indeed destroyed, in 70 - 135 AD.
                    From history we absolutely know that “the city and the sanctuary” were not destroyed in the same week (seven year period) that our Lord was crucified.
                    Note; that both of these events are presented before the last week is even mentioned. So here we see an absolutely undeniable break in the scriptural account of the seventy weeks.

The last week is treated differently. It does not even say that this is the seventieth week. The only reason we know that it is the seventieth week is because all the rest of the weeks have already passed. So this week has to be the seventieth one.
                    We read: Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Iis poured out on the desolate. Daniel 9:27

Now many imagine that this verse speaks of the cross. They want to interpret the word “for” in this verse as “in,” and claim that this was speaking of Jesus confirming God’s covenant with us “in” the seventieth week, and claim that Jesus was crucified at the middle of the seventieth week. But even if history were wrong by so many years, this interpretation does violence to the structure of the prophecy. For the last week is not even mentioned until after the two events that were to take place after the sixty-ninth week.

But an end time covenant that will not be fulfilled is clearly mentioned in other Old Testament prophecies. One of these is
                    Isaiah 28:14-18, where we read: Therefore hear the word of the LORD, you scornful men, who rule this people who are in Jerusalem, Because you have said: ‘We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves.’ Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily. Also I will make justice the measuring line, And righteousness the plummet; The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, And the waters will overflow the hiding place. Your covenant with death will be annulled, And your agreement with Sheol will not stand; When the overflowing scourge passes through, Then you will be trampled down by it.

Again, in Isaiah 57:7-9 we read: On a lofty and high mountain You have set your bed; even there you went up to offer sacrifice. Also behind the doors and their posts You have set up your remembrance; For you have uncovered yourself to those other than Me, And have gone up to them; You have enlarged your bed and made a covenant with them; You have loved their bed, Where you saw their nudity. You went to the king with ointment, and increased your perfumes; You sent your messengers far off, and even descended to Sheol.”

So we see that the scriptures indeed clearly foretell a future covenant that God will not allow to be fulfilled. And
                    Daniel 9:27 is only one of several places where this covenant is mentioned.
                    Ref; James Morris

Comment

No. You said there are 490 Summers in the whole "seventy weeks", but you did not say...

I say 476.
                      That is what you say, but it is wrong.

173880 days, 24840 weeks, 5796 months 483 years.

Therefore, does it not stand to reason that if there are 483 years that would suggest 483 summers? For whatever summers have on the subject.

Yes

Comment

That is what you say, but it is wrong.

173880 days, 24840 weeks, 5796 months 483 years.

Therefore, does it not stand to reason that if there are 483 years that would suggest 483 summers? For whatever summers have on the subject.

Get out your calculator.

Add 445 to 32 and subtract 1.

The answer is 476!

That is how many Summers between March 14, 445 BC and April 6, AD 32.

If you don't believe me, then would you believe your beloved Sir Robert Anderson.

You quoted Sir Robert Anderson saying...

The 1st Nisan in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes (the edict to rebuild Jerusalem) was 14th March, B. C. 445. The 10th Nisan in Passion Week (Christ's entry into Jerusalem) was 6th April, A. D. 32. The intervening period was 476 years and 24 days (the days being reckoned inclusively, as required by the language of the prophecy, and in accordance with the Jewish practice).

P.S.

The reason I have to ask about the Summers is because some Dispensationalists like to say the years were 360 days long, so there is not a correlation between 1 year and 1 Summer.

In other words, by asking how many Summers there are, I am asking how many solar years there are.

Comment

Get out your calculator.

Add 445 to 32 and subtract 1.

The answer is 476!

That is how many Summers between March 14, 445 BC and April 6, AD 32.

If you don't believe me, then would you believe your beloved Sir Robert Anderson.

You quoted Sir Robert Anderson saying...

P.S.

The reason I have to ask about the Summers is because some Dispensationalists like to say the years were 360 days long, so there is not a correlation between 1 year and 1 Summer.

In other words, by asking how many Summers there are, I am asking how many solar years there are.
                          If you read the rest of the story rather than cherry picking it, like you do scripture, you would get the real answer rather than the one you need trying to support an unsupportable doctrine.

[The Julian date of that 10th Nisan was Sunday the 6th April, A.D. 32. What then was the length of the period intervening between the issuing of the decree to rebuild Jerusalem and the public advent of "Messiah the Prince," – between the 14th March, B.C. 445, and the 6th April, A.D. 32? THE INTERVAL CONTAINED EXACTLY AND TO THE VERY DAY 173, 880 DAYS, OR SEVEN TIMES SIXTY-NINE PROPHETIC YEARS OF 360 DAYS, the first sixty-nine weeks of Gabriel's prophecy. [7]

The 1st Nisan in the twentieth year of Artaxerxes (the edict to rebuild Jerusalem) was 14th March, B. C. 445. The 10th Nisan in Passion Week (Christ's entry into Jerusalem) was 6th April, A. D. 32. The intervening period was 476 years and 24 days (the days being reckoned inclusively, as required by the language of the prophecy, and in accordance with the Jewish practice).

But 476 x 365= 173, 740 days
                          Add (14 March to 6th April, both inclusive) 24 days
                          Add for leap years 116 days
                          Equals a total of 173,880 days

And 69 weeks of prophetic years of 360 days (or 69 x 7 x 360) 173, 880 days.

It may be well to offer here two explanatory remarks. First; in reckoning years from B. C. to A. D., one year must always be omitted; for it is obvious, ex. gr., that from B. C. 1 to A. D. I was not two years, but one year. B. C. 1 ought to be described as B. C. 0, and it is so reckoned by astronomers, who would describe the historical date B. C. 445, as 444. And secondly, the Julian year is 11m. 10 46s., or about the 129th part of a day, longer than 'the mean solar year. The Julian calendar, therefore, contains three leap years too many in four centuries, an error which had amounted to eleven days in A. D. 17527 when our English calendar was corrected by declaring the 3rd September to be the 14th September, and by introducing the Gregorian reform which reckons three secular years out of four as common years; ex. gr., 1700, 1800 and 1900 are common years, and 2000 is a leap year. "Old Christmas day" is still marked in our calendars, and observed in some localities, on the 6th January; and to this day the calendar remains uncorrected in Russia. (See Appendix 4, p. 306 note 8.)]

Comment

If you read the rest of the story rather than cherry picking it, like you do scripture, you would get the real answer rather than the one you need trying to support an unsupportable doctrine.

There you go again...

You posted where Sir Robert Anderson says the first 69 "weeks" only cover 476 years, whereas you say the first 69 "weeks" cover 483 years...

Quoting Sir Robert Anderson...

So who is right about how many years are between 445 BC and AD 32, you or Sir Robert Anderson?

I say Sir Robert Anderson.
                            Last edited by Presentist; 03-18-19, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by keras View Post
                              The seventy weeks were revealed to Daniel in the following words: “Seventy weeks are determined For your people and for your holy city, To finish the transgression, To make an end of sins, To make reconciliation for iniquity, To bring in everlasting righteousness, To seal up vision and prophecy, And to anoint the Most Holy.” (Daniel 9:24)

[COLOR=#191919]First, we need to understand that, although most of our English translations say seventy weeks, the Hebrew word translated weeks was shabuwa', H7620 in Strong’s. This word was used in the Old Testament for both a period of seven days and a period of seven years. Only the context could show whether days of years was meant. And in this case, the context clearly shows that the meaning could not even possibly been days. So it is not simply interpretation to take seventy weeks as meaning 490 years. This is a fully legitimate meaning of the Hebrew words used here.

Daniel 9:25 was told: Know therefore and understand, That from the going forth of the command To restore and build Jerusalem until Messiah the Prince, There shall be seven weeks and sixty-two weeks; The street shall be built again, and the wall, Even in troublesome times. [/COLOR]
                              Here we have sixty-nine weeks, or 483 years, from the going forth of the command until Messiah the Prince. Some claim that there is historical evidence that the triumphal entry occurred exactly 483 years, to the day, after the signing of this order; we cannot be certain as to the accuracy of this claim. But history indeed confirms that it occurred at approximately that time.

But now the Divinely inspired account contains a break. We read: And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And until the end of the war, desolations are determined.
                              Daniel 9:26

Two things were to happen after the sixty-two week second part of this account. And we know that both of them indeed happened exactly as explicitly stated. “Messiah” would “be cut off,” and “the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary.” Messiah was indeed cut off, and the city and the sanctuary were indeed destroyed, in 70 - 135 AD.
                              From history we absolutely know that “the city and the sanctuary” were not destroyed in the same week (seven year period) that our Lord was crucified.
                              Note; that both of these events are presented before the last week is even mentioned. So here we see an absolutely undeniable break in the scriptural account of the seventy weeks.

The last week is treated differently. It does not even say that this is the seventieth week. The only reason we know that it is the seventieth week is because all the rest of the weeks have already passed. So this week has to be the seventieth one.
                              We read: Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Iis poured out on the desolate. Daniel 9:27

Now many imagine that this verse speaks of the cross. They want to interpret the word “for” in this verse as “in,” and claim that this was speaking of Jesus confirming God’s covenant with us “in” the seventieth week, and claim that Jesus was crucified at the middle of the seventieth week. But even if history were wrong by so many years, this interpretation does violence to the structure of the prophecy. For the last week is not even mentioned until after the two events that were to take place after the sixty-ninth week.

But an end time covenant that will not be fulfilled is clearly mentioned in other Old Testament prophecies. One of these is
                              Isaiah 28:14-18, where we read: Therefore hear the word of the LORD, you scornful men, who rule this people who are in Jerusalem, Because you have said: ‘We have made a covenant with death, And with Sheol we are in agreement. When the overflowing scourge passes through, It will not come to us, For we have made lies our refuge, And under falsehood we have hidden ourselves.’ Therefore thus says the Lord GOD: "Behold, I lay in Zion a stone for a foundation, A tried stone, a precious cornerstone, a sure foundation; Whoever believes will not act hastily. Also I will make justice the measuring line, And righteousness the plummet; The hail will sweep away the refuge of lies, And the waters will overflow the hiding place. Your covenant with death will be annulled, And your agreement with Sheol will not stand; When the overflowing scourge passes through, Then you will be trampled down by it.

Again, in Isaiah 57:7-9 we read: On a lofty and high mountain You have set your bed; even there you went up to offer sacrifice. Also behind the doors and their posts You have set up your remembrance; For you have uncovered yourself to those other than Me, And have gone up to them; You have enlarged your bed and made a covenant with them; You have loved their bed, Where you saw their nudity. You went to the king with ointment, and increased your perfumes; You sent your messengers far off, and even descended to Sheol.”

So we see that the scriptures indeed clearly foretell a future covenant that God will not allow to be fulfilled. And
                              Daniel 9:27 is only one of several places where this covenant is mentioned.
                              Ref; James Morris
                              The facts are before your eyes, if God intended it to be 490 years it would have been written that way, and Daniel didn't fast and mourn for 21 years.

Daniel 9:24-27 has the word "Shabuwa" just as Daniel 10:2-3 has the exact same word "Shabuwa" as seen highlited in bold red below.

Did Daniel fast and mourn for 21 years, or 21 days, the same Hebrew word "Shabuwa" is used?

The Hebrew word for "Years" is ("Shaneh") as seen in Genesis 5:5 below.

If God intended Daniels 70 weeks to be 490 years it would have been written?

"Four Hundred And Ninety Years"

Just as Genesis 5:5 below describes the age of Adam "Nine Hundred And Thirty Years", and this is used throughout the Old Testament?

Genesis 5:5AKJV
                              and all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died.

Daniel 10:2-3AKJV
                              In those days I Daniel was mourning three full weeks.
                              3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.

Comment

Working...
                              X