Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Share any Tracts you have written...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Share any Tracts you have written...

[SIZE=5]Questions about the Bible[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]By C. W. Miller 10-18-2011[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Volume 1 #17[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Luke 16: 27-28; "He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'[/SIZE]

I have wondered at times what I would say to someone that I was witnessing to if they told me that they think they should go to Hell, and it didn’t seem to bother them. I have someone in mind when I say this so we will call her Jane. If I had a chance to witness to her and present our Lords commandments as a pop quiz that shows us how ‘good’ we really are, she would take the test. I am sure that she would quickly admit that she has lied, stolen, taken Gods name in vain and looked upon another person with lust in her heart. She would readily admit that we call such a person a liar, thief, blasphemer and an adulterer at heart. She would easily admit that if God judged her by the Ten Commandments she would be guilty and he would send her to Hell. I know in my heart that she will not bat an eye and show any concern for her looming fate and this has caused me to want to reason with her from the Scriptures, in hope the Holy Spirit would cut her to the heart…

[SIZE=2]Jesus gave us an account of a rich man who died and went to Hell and he then suffered torments. The rich man begged father Abraham to send the beggar Lazarus, who died but went to Heaven, back into the world and witness to the rich mans family so that they would not have to come to that place of torment. There is no other person with more of an interest that their loved ones be saved than those that are already in Hell…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I would look Jane in the eyes and ask her if she could picture a loved one that had died who did profess Jesus as his Savior. Then I would have her picture a loved one that she knows was not a Christian, also having her acknowledge that if it is true for her that she would be in hell that it would be true for her loved one. I would tell her that the loved one who was in that place of torment would be begging father Abraham to send her loved one that was safe in Heaven back to Jane so that ‘he can warn her, so that she will not also come to this place of torment’. I would then have to tell Jane the worse part, the part that would make this place of torment a real Hell. If Jane did not listen and went to Hell she would be the one that would now be begging father Abraham to send her saved love one back to the world to witness to her very children! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]“There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’ “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”[/SIZE]

Moses said that God would raise up a Prophet like him and that you must listen to him, and this prophet is Jesus. Moses instituted the sacrificial system of offering a spotless lamb for the forgiveness of Sins but this sacrifice was annual and had to be repeated. The Prophet John the Baptist saw Jesus and said, ‘Behold the lamb of God that takes away the Sins of the world’. Jesus died on a cross and shed his blood once and for all who believe in his name! The Prophet Isaiah said, ‘[SIZE=3]When You make His soul an offering for sin, God shall see the labor of His soul and be satisfied’. This is how you do not come to the place of torment, by faith in Jesus who takes away the Sins of the world…[/SIZE]
    Last edited by bruisermiller; 10-19-11, 04:27 PM.
    New-Protestant Reformation ~ Dec 2009 - ____

I'm a Christian. An Evangelical, Reformed, Independent Fundamental Baptist; a New Calvinist...

Feel free to share your Gospel Tracts here...

Brother Miller

I'm a Christian. An Evangelical, Reformed, Independent Fundamental Baptist; a New Calvinist...

Comment

I will write another tract tommorrow...

Comment

My unbelieving friends and family enjoy reading about my ongoing adventures. My life under God, under His protection and direction, is the tract they find interesting enough to read. So, a few times a year, I write a tract disguised as a family newsletter. Over the last 20+ years, this has become a family chronicle, a legacy to pass down to children and grandchildren.

HERE, for example, is our last Christmas newsletter:

And HERE is the latest one, an account of a cross-country odyssey.

I am blessed to number among my friends Christians of various flavors, Muslims, Mormons, and folks from other religious backgrounds. Some of them have been reading these "tracts" for 20 years or more. To truly win the lost, C. S. Lewis suggested, we should strive to become artists, novelists, playwrights, poets. Many people first fell in love with Jesus by reading the Narnia stories, for example, and wishing that the universe contained One like Aslan.

Comment

Originally posted by RJR_fan View Post
          My unbelieving friends and family enjoy reading about my ongoing adventures. My life under God, under His protection and direction, is the tract they find interesting enough to read. So, a few times a year, I write a tract disguised as a family newsletter. Over the last 20+ years, this has become a family chronicle, a legacy to pass down to children and grandchildren.

HERE, for example, is our last Christmas newsletter:

And HERE is the latest one, an account of a cross-country odyssey.

I am blessed to number among my friends Christians of various flavors, Muslims, Mormons, and folks from other religious backgrounds. Some of them have been reading these "tracts" for 20 years or more. To truly win the lost, C. S. Lewis suggested, we should strive to become artists, novelists, playwrights, poets. Many people first fell in love with Jesus by reading the Narnia stories, for example, and wishing that the universe contained One like Aslan.
          Cool! I will keep this in mind and work towards that...

Brother Miller

Comment

[SIZE=3]Brother C. W. Miller 10-18-2011
            [/SIZE]
            [SIZE=3]Volume 1 #18

Ezra 9:8; And now for a little space grace hath been shewed from the LORD our God, to leave us a remnant to escape, and to give us a nail in his holy place, that our God may lighten our eyes, and give us a little reviving in our bondage.

[/SIZE]

The LORD did not set His love on the Israelites nor choose them because they were more in number than any other people, but because the LORD loved them, and because He would keep the oath which He swore to their fathers. Despite the many sins they commited against God, the LORD contined to have mercy on them. They commited idolotry by making up gods to suit themselves, just like you and I have done. When we say something like, 'To me God would never send someone to Hell', you have made a god to suit yourself and are an Idoloter...

The prophet Ezra began to speak of the Grace of God for those that wanted to be safe from the penalty due them for their sins, and to be with God. John Gill wrote this concerning what Ezra says here; "and to give us a nail in his holy place; a fixed settlement in the land of Judea, the holy land the Lord had chosen, and in the temple, the holy place sacred to his worship"... The nail that is spoken of is a tent peg that was used to secure the tents of a nomadic people to the ground. Although this is speaking of tent spikes, their dwellings are to be 'a fixed settlement' and they would no longer have to move. These tent spikes would now be put into solid rock and could not be removed...

Jesus said for us to build our hope and faith on the solid rock, and this rock is Jesus himself! Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures: 'The stone which the builders rejected Has become the chief cornerstone". Build your faith on Jesus and your faith will be sound because Jesus is sound. If you do not do this you are in danger of the judgment because Jesus also said, "And whoever falls on this stone will be broken; but on whomever it falls, it will grind him to powder"...

Grace appeared to us in the form of another nail in another Holy place; the nails that were driven through the body of jesus on the cross. Ezra said that the nail was driven in a Holy place; John Gill said it was 'holy land the Lord had chosen, and in the temple, the holy place sacred to his worship'. Jesus was chosen by God, and Jesus said that the temple would be destroyed and that he would raise it in three days! Jesus was speaking of his body when he said the temple would be raised, and this was refering to his death. The believers body is the temple of the Holy Spirit, a Holy place sacred for his worship. You must repent of your sins and trust in the sacrifice that Jesus made so that if you believe you can be found in the fixed settlement of Heaven with God...

[SIZE=2]Rock of Ages, cleft for me,
            let me hide myself in thee;
            let the water and the blood,
            from thy wounded side which flowed,
            be of sin the double cure;
            save from wrath and make me pure.

[/SIZE]

Last edited by bruisermiller; 10-22-11, 12:33 PM.

Comment

[SIZE=3]Brother C. W. Miller[/SIZE]
              [SIZE=3]Volume 1 #19[/SIZE]
              [SIZE=3]Hebrews 12:14[/SIZE]
              [SIZE=3]Make every effort to live in peace with all men and to be holy; without holiness no one will see the Lord.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]In baseball the first time a player comes up to bat his batting average begins at zero. If he gets a hit, the players batting average is now batting a Thousand (1000%). As long as the player keeps getting hits his average will remain at a Thousand. When the player finally does not get a hit and is out, his batting average goes down from a Thousand to the average percentage of all his at bats. At this point the players batting average will never, ever again be a thousand. This is what it is like when we Sin; if you have ever lied or stolen then your life time average of Righteousness becomes lower…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]To get into Heaven our life time average of being sinless has to be like the perfect batting average; a Thousand percent. Jesus is the only person that has ever lived and batted a Thousand in life and never sinned. Jesus gives his sinless lifes average to all who want to be saved in exchange for their life time sinful average. When we have the record of Jesus, then we are acceptable before God…[/SIZE]

Now what if you wanted the average that Jesus had earned but did not want to trade him your average for it? Let's say that your average of righteousness is .333; you now have an anverage which is 1,333% This is not acceptable because a righteous average less than a Thousand is no more acceptable than an average of more than a Thousand…

[SIZE=2]You may ask, 'what is wrong with a righteousness that surpasses even what is required'? If we look at a combined righteousness which is Christs and yours, then there is a problem. A little leven levens the whole lump; James 2:10; For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one [point], he is guilty of all. If your lifetime rigtheous average is .333, then the truth of James 2:10 applies to you; your average is not seen as .333 by God but is seen as 0.000! God sees your righteousness as a filthy rag and says that since you have sinned and broken some of his Laws, you are judged to be guilty of breaking all of his Laws...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]Now if you insist on keeping your record of righteousness and also hold to Christs perfect and holy record of Righteousness, then your record is averaged into the record of Christ; this is a terible thing... Now the combined records are below an average of a Thousand; you are not holy enough to enter into the kingdom of Heaven and you are again viewed by God to be back at zero...

Trust in the Lords Righteousness alone…
              [/SIZE]

1st John 2:2 + John 3:16; And He Himself is the propitiation for our sins, and not for ours only but also for the whole world. "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.
              Last edited by bruisermiller; 10-24-11, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bruisermiller View Post

[SIZE=3]By C. W. Miller 10-18-2011[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Volume 1 #17[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Luke 16: 27-28; "He answered, 'Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my father's house, for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.'[/SIZE]

I have wondered at times what I would say to someone that I was witnessing to if they told me that they think they should go to Hell, and it didn’t seem to bother them. I have someone in mind when I say this so we will call her Jane. If I had a chance to witness to her and present our Lords commandments as a pop quiz that shows us how ‘good’ we really are, she would take the test. I am sure that she would quickly admit that she has lied, stolen, taken Gods name in vain and looked upon another person with lust in her heart. She would readily admit that we call such a person a liar, thief, blasphemer and an adulterer at heart. She would easily admit that if God judged her by the Ten Commandments she would be guilty and he would send her to Hell. I know in my heart that she will not bat an eye and show any concern for her looming fate and this has caused me to want to reason with her from the Scriptures, in hope the Holy Spirit would cut her to the heart…

[SIZE=2]Jesus gave us an account of a rich man who died and went to Hell and he then suffered torments. The rich man begged father Abraham to send the beggar Lazarus, who died but went to Heaven, back into the world and witness to the rich mans family so that they would not have to come to that place of torment. There is no other person with more of an interest that their loved ones be saved than those that are already in Hell…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I would look Jane in the eyes and ask her if she could picture a loved one that had died who did profess Jesus as his Savior. Then I would have her picture a loved one that she knows was not a Christian, also having her acknowledge that if it is true for her that she would be in hell that it would be true for her loved one. I would tell her that the loved one who was in that place of torment would be begging father Abraham to send her loved one that was safe in Heaven back to Jane so that ‘he can warn her, so that she will not also come to this place of torment’. I would then have to tell Jane the worse part, the part that would make this place of torment a real Hell. If Jane did not listen and went to Hell she would be the one that would now be begging father Abraham to send her saved love one back to the world to witness to her very children! [/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]“There was a certain rich man who was clothed in purple and fine linen and fared sumptuously every day. But there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, full of sores, who was laid at his gate, desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man’s table. Moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. So it was that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels to Abraham’s bosom. The rich man also died and was buried. And being in torments in Hades, he lifted up his eyes and saw Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. “Then he cried and said, ‘Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus that he may dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.’ But Abraham said, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things; but now he is comforted and you are tormented. And besides all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed, so that those who want to pass from here to you cannot, nor can those from there pass to us.’ “Then he said, ‘I beg you therefore, father, that you would send him to my father’s house, for I have five brothers, that he may testify to them, lest they also come to this place of torment.’ Abraham said to him, ‘They have Moses and the prophets; let them hear them.’ And he said, ‘No, father Abraham; but if one goes to them from the dead, they will repent.’ But he said to him, ‘If they do not hear Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded though one rise from the dead.’”[/SIZE]

Moses said that God would raise up a Prophet like him and that you must listen to him, and this prophet is Jesus. Moses instituted the sacrificial system of offering a spotless lamb for the forgiveness of Sins but this sacrifice was annual and had to be repeated. The Prophet John the Baptist saw Jesus and said, ‘Behold the lamb of God that takes away the Sins of the world’. Jesus died on a cross and shed his blood once and for all who believe in his name! The Prophet Isaiah said, ‘[SIZE=3]When You make His soul an offering for sin, God shall see the labor of His soul and be satisfied’. This is how you do not come to the place of torment, by faith in Jesus who takes away the Sins of the world…[/SIZE]
                Hi, Brusier, just saw your note about this post. Looks great to me. May persuade some to rethink their position before God.
                by faith we understand...
                Didn't I tell you that if you believe, you will see the glory of God?

Comment

Originally posted by SethProton View Post
                  Hi, Brusier, just saw your note about this post. Looks great to me. May persuade some to rethink their position before God.
                  Thanks Seth. I want my tracts to be for anyone; the lost and the saved. I would like to see more folks here post some tracts here; everyone should fell free. I have another one in mind but will have to wait for some time to type it up...

Brother Miller

Comment

[SIZE=3]Volume 1 #20[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Matthew 27:19; Besides, while he was sitting on the judgment seat, his wife sent word to him, "Have nothing to do with that righteous man, for I have suffered much because of him today in a dream."[/SIZE]

When Jesus was taken by the religious rulers of his day they took counsel against Jesus to put him to death, because they had charged him with Blasphemy. They bound him and led him away to the Governor or the land, Pontius Pilate. Pilate asked Jesus if he was guilty of his charges and he did not answer him. Pilates wife came to him wanting to persuade her husband not to be involved, saying that she was warned in a dream that Jesus was an innocent, just and righteous man. Pilate now was cautious and did not want to be involved in this matter. Because of the tradition of the feast time, Pilate would release a prisoner to the people and he wanted to set Jesus free. The people wanted Barabbus instead and Pilate set him loose. Pilate asked the people what should he do with Jesus then, and they said ‘crucify him!’. Pilate saw that he was getting nowhere, but that instead an uproar was starting, he took water and washed his hands in front of the crowd. "I am innocent of this man's blood," he said. "It is your responsibility!" Little did Pilate know that the water still left him stained with the blood of this just man…

The Devil was walking about one day and came before God. God said to him, ‘Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil.’ The Devil said that if God did not protect him that Job would curse God. God allowed the Devil to put it to the test. The Devil used Jobs wife to try and make Job curse God, but the attempt failed…

The Devil tried to even use one of Jesus’ disciples to keep him from going to the cross. Jesus told his disciples that he would die and then be raised on the third day. Peter took him aside and began to rebuke him. "Never, Lord!" he said. "This shall never happen to you!" Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God”…

[SIZE=2]The Devil also made an attempt to keep Jesus from dying on the cross through Pontius Pilate’s wife. Her dream even told the truth, ‘Have nothing to do with this righteous man!’ Pilate made the effort to have Jesus released and if this would not have happened Jesus would not have went to the cross! Our sins would not have been atoned for. Those that have told lies would still be Liars. Those that have stolen would still be Thieves. Jesus even said that hatred is murder, we all would still be murderers![/SIZE]

But praise God that Jesus did die on the cross as a payment for our sins! All those who believe on him will not have to suffer Hell and separation from God for all eternity. As God said to the Devil, I say to you…

[SIZE=3]"Have you considered Gods servant Jesus? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil." [SIZE=2]If you make his souls a sacrifice for sin, God will see it and be satisfied...[/SIZE][/SIZE][SIZE=2]
                    [/SIZE]
                    Last edited by bruisermiller; 11-01-11, 08:23 AM.

Comment

Do You Really Know Christ?

Do you believe in God and in His Son, Jesus Christ? I mean, do you really believe? Have you ever seriously considered the depth of your own faith? The Bible tells us, in 2 Peter 1:10, to “be even more diligent to make your call and election sure…” and in 2 Corinthians 13:5, “Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Test yourselves. Or do you not realize this about yourselves, that Jesus Christ is in you?–unless indeed you fail to meet the test!” So the question is, Are you in the faith? It is heart-breaking to see the numbers of young people who grew up in the Church, made a profession of faith, were baptized, were active in the youth group, and considered themselves to be true believers in Christ… and then went out into the world as young adults and left Christ and their faith behind them.

Don’t be content to rest in the fact that you went to the altar or made a decision for Christ. It is possible to make an emotional decision that does not come from the depths of your heart, and does not include the kind of genuine faith that saves through Christ. Examine yourselves, to see whether you are in the faith. Faith is more than believing that Christ is the Son of God, and that He died for the sin of the world, and rose on the third day, and that all who believe in Him will be saved. Believing these things about Him is not the same as believing in Him. “You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe–and shudder!” (James 2:19). Even the demons believe these things about Him and know that they are true. Belief must be more than informational–belief must be submissional. In other words, we must embrace Him with our whole heart, desiring to forsake self, sin, and the world. We must want with our whole heart to live in Him and die to our old self.” Then Jesus told his disciples, ‘If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross and follow me. For whoever would save his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.’” Anyone who prays the “sinner’s prayer,” while saving his life for himself rather than surrendering his life to Christ, is only fooling himself. When a sinner comes to the Cross and surrenders his life to Christ, he is spiritually placed on that Cross so that his “old man,” his self-life, is “crucified in Christ” and put to death. In this way, the believer forsakes and leaves behind all that he used to be, and “rises again” to new life in Christ. This is what it means for the sinner to deny himself and take up his cross and follow Christ.

To be saved and believe in Christ only requires a decision… but it requires an honest decision from the depths of one’s heart. And the God who looks on the heart is not swayed by mere words. A man can be saved without saying a thing; and a man may remain lost though he say all the right things. Jesus told us, in Mark 7:21-23, that there will be many who call Him “Lord, Lord,” but will be told by Him, “I never knew you. Depart from Me…” That verse should be sobering to everyone who calls Him, “Lord.” God desires truth from us—”truth in the inward being” (Psalm 51:6). Human beings are sinful by nature, and we easily deceive ourselves rather than face difficult truths. Jeremiah 17:9-10 tells us, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it? ‘I the Lord search the heart and test the mind, to give every man according to his ways, according to the fruit of his deeds.’” Let us all search our own heart, and face the truth of who we are in our inward being. This is the most important matter in life, for “How shall we escape if we neglect so great salvation… ?” (Hebrews 2:3). This is why we are told, in Philippians 2:12, “…Work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.”

Those who honestly face themselves, and the truth of who they are in the inward being, and who embrace Christ and His Cross from the depths of their heart–these are they who truly believe in Him. And “…He is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by him, seeing he ever lives to make intercession for them” (Hebrews 7:25). Do you know Him?

Ken Hamrick
                      KenHamrick.com
                      Biblical Realist

Comment

Thanks Ken! Feel free to post as many as you want; and this goes to all the Saints here at CARM. Ken, do you mind if I print your tract and give it to one of my trustees? He is hungry for them...

All are welcome to use any of my tracts...

Brother Miller

Comment

You're welcome. No problem. Glad to contribute.
                          KenHamrick.com
                          Biblical Realist

Comment

[SIZE=3]Volume 1 #21[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]Isaiah 53: 10-11; Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise Him; He has put Him to grief. When You make His soul an offering for sin, He shall see His seed, He shall prolong His days, And the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in His hand. He shall see the labor of His soul, and be satisfied. By His knowledge My righteous Servant shall justify many, For He shall bear their iniquities.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]“When you make his soul an offering for sin, God shall see the labor of his soul, and be satisfied”. For those that have wondered where the Gospel is in the Old Testament, here it is. The people of Israel have understood for thousands of years that God is Holy. They have also known that mankind is not Holy, and this is self evident. Have you ever told a lie? Have you ever taken something that did not belong to you? What do you call people that tell lies and what do you call people that steal? If this Holy God judged you by the Ten Commandments would you be innocent or guilty? Be honest with your self because only you and God know your heart. Would you go to Hell for your sins?? There is no need to go because God has made a way for you to be innocent in his eyes…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]You know that God would find you guilty and you can only pay the fine by doing the time. This is something that you should never want to do because doing the time would mean an eternal punishment in Hell. Suppose you went to court for a crime that you know you committed and the judge found you guilty and set a fine so high that you couldn’t pay it. Suppose you had a friend there with you that offered to pay your fine, would you accept it? This is the way it is when it comes to our sins. Jesus lived a sinless life and then willingly died on the cross to take the punishment for your sins, he shed his blood because the Bible says that without blood there is no remission of sins. The prophet Isaiah said that if we make his soul the sacrifice for our sins, God would see the labor of his soul and be satisfied…[/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]God would be satisfied? Did Isaiah really say this, we can satisfy God?? When we look up the word ‘satisfied’ we see, “to be satisfied, be sated, be fulfilled, be surfeited”. Being satiated has connotations of fully satisfying. It is similar to the word ‘quenched’ which is like the condition of a fire when it has been extinguished. There is no more need to dowse the flames because they have been quenched, to do so would be a vain act. Likewise when Isaiah says that God is satisfied by your offering of Jesus for your sins, God is satiated! You have no more reason to fear God because his desires for judgment in your case have been quenched![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]You might ask, ‘Doesn’t God require good Works from us to be saved’? We were created for good Works but we are not saved by our Works. We are saved by the good Works that Jesus preformed in his lifetime before his death; a righteous record that is now ours as his gift to all who believe. Notice that Isaiah said that God will see the ‘labor of his soul’ and be satisfied. Believe God when he tells you what satisfies him and what does not satisfy him…[/SIZE]

Ephesians 2:8-9; For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.

Last edited by bruisermiller; 11-03-11, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Here's a tract I wrote for this interesting group of people that I realized emerging this year who say they're living the Christ-like life but don't like to read the scriptures at all..

Hey!

This will take about 5 minutes to read, so just make sure you have that time to set aside before you get started...

Greetings, I encourage you to think about what's being said and if you want to talk further don't hesitate to contact me: I'm Jonathan, you can send me mail at P.O. Box 18---- Tallahassee, FL, 32---, or email me: sc---@l---.c--, or text me at 9-- 8-- 9---. I am a person eager to hear from you about anything you'd like to share with me.

Here's what I have to say:
                              Life as we know it is not our doing, there will never come a day when one of us speak and it causes a human to exist. None of life's faculties were manufactured by us either, we are "left" without excuse to search for the answers to questions like, "why life?" "why love?" "why rules?"
                              The answers to these questions will determine whether we really live this life, or just waste it on nothing real and true to our existence itself.
                              What then is it all really about? Are we supposed to lead ourselves through life? How are we supposed to exist? dwell here? and what for? Could it be for our own self-given purposes and human-made agendas? Hold on, we didn't invent ourselves though..
                              We are then left with no reason to follow our self-determined purposes, our "purpose" can't be made by us.
                              When we look at the origin of existence (our beings and our surroundings) we understand that we originate from some other existence capable of giving life, capable of creating, someone with power beyond our own or what we could ever imagine.. This existence, this power, has been known as God. And this God's message to us can be called the Holy Word (Bible), most important is what precedes this books name.. the word "Holy," this word means "sacred" or "separated," this book is explaining that which is sacred and separate to us, it holds explanations higher than ours, beyond ours, different than our own human-made explanations.

We have a definite ticket here then.. we have an explanation for our existence.. it's words explain miracles and things on a different level, on a level of our life's origin, which is also a miracle (who can explain it?). We find this central person spoken of throughout the Holy Bible, Jesus, or Christ.. He is known as one who redeems us, because as explained in the Holy Book we lead ourselves only to lust and destruction, we rebel against our real purpose, or we sin, which means to rebel or miss the mark morally. We find the guidance for our faculties when we find Jesus' way and life, otherwise we fail to guide our faculties. God, the powerful existence that defines our origin has guidance for us; we aren't originated without instructions afterwards for our living experience.. life comes with purpose defined, life doesn't originate (a miracle) and then we decide to lead it (not a miracle). Does created lead itself? No. We follow the one who made us, and His way is the Jesus lifestyle (the lifestyle that guides us back to God Himself), our way of life is Jesus' way, our truth in life is Jesus' truth; His actions are true, His thoughts are true and right, and He is the life: He is the power/capacity to live, the energy to survive, the means to having a purposeful existence.. This is who I have come to be like and experience in life, the one who crafted the idea of "love," I'm a Christian, or Christ-follower, and I'm so convinced (due to my experiences with God) that this is the meaning of life to know God by way of Jesus' ways that I'm reaching out to you with this truth. I'm interested in sharing conversation with you about Jesus and His answer for this life.. I surely hope we can chat and discover more as we share our experiences in this life.. I am eager to also do whatever is in my power to help you, if you have material needs etc, let me know, I'll do my best to help you! If you have no desire to meet then may you enjoy a purposeful existence by way of Jesus by going to God on His terms and responding to what He's telling you in His Word, if not then you will pay for it, really, you will end up paving your own way to eternal pain and suffering.

Much love,

In Christ,

Jonathan

(I've been able to have follow-up conversations with many people and I still have this tract for when I come across someone as mentioned above)
                              I know, O LORD, that a man's way is not in himself, Nor is it in a man who walks to direct his steps. - Jeremiah 10:23

Comment

Working...
                              X