Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Share any Tracts you have written...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like Deer panting for water...
    Questions about the Bible ~ by brother CW Miller

Psalm 42:1 ESV; As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God.

I study the Doctrines of the Protestant Reformation and there are two main camps within this discipline, Arminianism and Calvinism; I choose a side but I’m very eclectic. I saw an Arminian present an argument much like one of mine; Irresistible Grace is Prevenient (preliminary), and Prevenient Grace is Irresistible (effectual). It’s rare to hear an Arminian refer to God’s Grace as Irresistible; but it’s because they believe in Total Depravity. This means our Depravity has to be thwarted against our free Will; since we’d never agree with God without it. ~ I told this man that I agree with his premise because I’ve been teaching the same thing, except I say the only difference is that Irresistible Grace always leaves us as a deer panting for flowing streams; it always leaves us thirsty for God. Arminianism says we may never thirst for God…

Hunters know what makes a deer thirsty; like a salt lick. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call people who tell Lies? You’ve told many a Lie, right? In the spiritual realm, this is like licking a salt block every time you told a Lie; and Lying is only one of the Ten Commandments. Have you stolen anything? What do you call people who steal? Be honest with yourself; Lying and Stealing is something everyone has done, even you. You hear footsteps in the forest; and start running. Being honest with yourself is your only hope to find rivers of water; have you ever thought of God as anything other than how the Bible describes him? This is Idolatry; the hound of heaven is on your trail. These were only three of the Ten Commandments, are you thirsty for Forgiveness yet? The remaining Commandments can’t help you but can only further dehydrate you. If God judged you by his standard, would you be innocent or guilty?

The Bible says that the Ten Commandments can’t save you but are meant to show that you’re a Sinner. Either you will thirst in the fires of Hell for all eternity; or you’ll let the Commandments steer you toward Jesus Christ; the fountain of Living Water. ~ For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life. Jesus Christ never Sinned and is like a spiritual oasis. He shed his blood and died on the Cross for the remission of Sin, and to slake our thirst for Forgiveness; once and for all. Jesus arose from the dead for all who believe. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the risen Savior Jesus Christ, without Works lest we should boast in ourselves instead of the flowing stream. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; and read your Bible for all it’s worth. ~ Arminianism and Calvinism has been a hot topic in Church history but that shouldn’t be the case, we have more in common than people think; or than some want to allow. I for one want to be a unifying factor for the greater Church. Imagine how strong we would be unified?

1 Corinthians 1:12+13 NASB; Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
    New-Protestant Reformation ~ Dec 2009 - ____

I'm a Christian. An Evangelical, Reformed, Independent Fundamental Baptist; a New Calvinist...

Comment

• Originally posted by bruisermiller View Post
      Like Deer panting for water...
      Questions about the Bible ~ by brother CW Miller

Psalm 42:1 ESV; As a deer pants for flowing streams, so pants my soul for you, O God.

I study the Doctrines of the Protestant Reformation and there are two main camps within this discipline, Arminianism and Calvinism; I choose a side but I’m very eclectic. I saw an Arminian present an argument much like one of mine; Irresistible Grace is Prevenient (preliminary), and Prevenient Grace is Irresistible (effectual). It’s rare to hear an Arminian refer to God’s Grace as Irresistible; but it’s because they believe in Total Depravity. This means our Depravity has to be thwarted against our free Will; since we’d never agree with God without it. ~ I told this man that I agree with his premise because I’ve been teaching the same thing, except I say the only difference is that Irresistible Grace always leaves us as a deer panting for flowing streams; it always leaves us thirsty for God. Arminianism says we may never thirst for God…

Hunters know what makes a deer thirsty; like a salt lick. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call people who tell Lies? You’ve told many a Lie, right? In the spiritual realm, this is like licking a salt block every time you told a Lie; and Lying is only one of the Ten Commandments. Have you stolen anything? What do you call people who steal? Be honest with yourself; Lying and Stealing is something everyone has done, even you. You hear footsteps in the forest; and start running. Being honest with yourself is your only hope to find rivers of water; have you ever thought of God as anything other than how the Bible describes him? This is Idolatry; the hound of heaven is on your trail. These were only three of the Ten Commandments, are you thirsty for Forgiveness yet? The remaining Commandments can’t help you but can only further dehydrate you. If God judged you by his standard, would you be innocent or guilty?

The Bible says that the Ten Commandments can’t save you but are meant to show that you’re a Sinner. Either you will thirst in the fires of Hell for all eternity; or you’ll let the Commandments steer you toward Jesus Christ; the fountain of Living Water. ~ For God so loved the world, he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life. Jesus Christ never Sinned and is like a spiritual oasis. He shed his blood and died on the Cross for the remission of Sin, and to slake our thirst for Forgiveness; once and for all. Jesus arose from the dead for all who believe. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the risen Savior Jesus Christ, without Works lest we should boast in ourselves instead of the flowing stream. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; and read your Bible for all it’s worth. ~ Arminianism and Calvinism has been a hot topic in Church history but that shouldn’t be the case, we have more in common than people think; or than some want to allow. I for one want to be a unifying factor for the greater Church. Imagine how strong we would be unified?

1 Corinthians 1:12+13 NASB; Now I mean this, that each one of you is saying, "I am of Paul," and "I of Apollos," and "I of Cephas," and "I of Christ." Has Christ been divided? Paul was not crucified for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?
      bump-up
      "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

" It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and it is the glory of a king to search out a matter. " ( Proverbs 25:2 )

Comment

• Kudzu ~ by Reverend RV

Matthew 13:22 ESV; As for what was sown among thorns, this is the one who hears the word, but the cares of the world and the deceitfulness of riches choke the word, and it proves unfruitful.

This verse is a part of the Parable of the Sower, which is about Christians spreading the Gospel and it reaching different kinds of Hearts. Jesus said the Gospel will grow in everyone’s heart; even the hardest of hearts if it were given half a chance. The kind of Heart Jesus is talking about here is the one who has so many things going on in their lives that it chokes the spiritual life out of the believer. ~ This reminds me of an infamous vine where I am from. Kudzu was imported from Japan to America to help control erosion. It fixed the problem of erosion; but caused a brand new problem. It grows so fast that it will take over everything in its way, choking the life out of it. It climbs fences and trees, barns and power poles; bring them all down over time. Jesus said the Cares of the World are like the Kudzu vine. The lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life do not come from God but come from the world…

How is the landscape around your feet? ~ Have you ever stolen anything? What do you call people who steal? A Thief, right? You say, “Not me!”. Well, there are the caught and the uncaught; both are Thieves though; right? Kudzu is winding up your ankle. Some Thieves are experts like Cat Burglars, who never get caught, but they’re still Thieves. These days there are cameras just about everywhere, the uncaught are dwindling. Could it be that someone recorded you stealing, but you don’t know it? Cameras may not be everywhere, yet; but God is Omnipresent and has seen you steal. This is one of the Ten Commandments, if God judged you by his standard would you be innocent or guilty? Saying you wouldn’t be guilty makes you a Liar; if God judged you by ‘his’ standard, would you be guilty? Sinners go to a fiery Hell forever. The Bible calls Sin a ‘burden’, if you feel it bringing you down to Hell, then you’re ready for good news…

The word ‘Gospel’ means ‘good news’; here is the Gospel of Jesus Christ. ~ For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life! The Son of God became a Man in the person of Jesus Christ to life a Sinless life, because a perfect Life is what’s needed to please God his Father. The Cares of the World were always reaching for his feet, but he was about his Father’s business. That all changed when it was time for Jesus to go to the Cross and shed his blood for the remission of Sin, as the sacrifice for the world. His Life was choked out, and he experienced the Wrath of God instead of all who put their Trust in him. He was buried for three days but arose from the dead as the Author of an abundant Life which can never be choked out. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the risen Savior Jesus Christ, without our Works lest we should boast. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God. Go to a Church that teaches you the Bible…

Romans 12:2 KJV; And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

I'm a Christian. An Evangelical, Reformed, Independent Fundamental Baptist; a New Calvinist...

Comment

• Unrealized Potential ~ by Reverend RV

Judges 20:41 NIV; Then the Israelites counterattacked, and the Benjamites were terrified, because they realized that disaster had come on them.

Have you realized your potential? There’s potential in all of us, so much that we can become President of the United States of America. Our parents want us to realize our potential, and help us do so in many ways. We’ve all realized some of our potential to a certain extent, right? There’s potential in all of us to achieve great things, how can we ever realize it all? Some realize their potential and are immortalized for it, and are grouped with others who have realized their potential in their own unique way. ~ Some never reach their potential in life, and fail in many ways; but isn’t this also our potential? In the movie ‘Trading Places’, we see that the scumbag Billy Ray Valentine always had the potential to be great, but the great Louis Winthorpe lll always had the potential to be a scumbag. Though this is fiction, it has the ring of truth. As I said our parents want us to realize our potential; but not like this! God is a parent too…

Isn’t it true that we’ve realized our potential both ways? ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call people who tell Lies? You may not look at yourself like this, but you’ve realized your potential to be a Liar. Realizing your potential means you have brought it to fruition and it has been realized, right? Have you ever stolen anything? What do you call people that Steal? You are not potentially a Thief, you’ve brought it to realization by reaching your potential. Have you ever Hated anyone? Jesus said that Hatred is Murder committed within your heart; you’ve reached your potential to be a Murderer. When Jesus Christ is God’s Judge, there’s no way to convince him you don’t deserve Capital Punishment. These were just three of the Ten Commandments, if God judged you by this standard would you be innocent or will you be guilty? You say, “With a hanging Judge, I would be guilty”. Would you go to Heaven or to Hell?

What you need is to realize your potential to become innocent. ~ For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting life. Jesus Christ is the only person who ever realized the potential to please God his Father by never Sinning. He became Sin on our behalf so we can become the Righteousness of God. Sin must be punished by God, so Jesus bore our Sin on the Cross and quenched the Wrath of God against our Sin by bleeding to death. But he arose from the grave so that he can be the Author of our eternal Life. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the Resurrected Savior Jesus Christ, without our trying to Merit our potential. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; and join a Biblical Church that wants to do whatever it takes for everyone to reach this potential. ~ Now you are Eternally Secure; we’re to persevere in our Faith until the end. Losing our Salvation can only be an ‘Unrealized Potential’ when God is our Father…

John 5:24 NIV; "Very truly I tell you, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be judged but has crossed over from death to life.

Comment

• Food Stamps ~ by Reverend RV

Isaiah 55:1 NIV; "Come, all you who are thirsty, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy and eat! Come, buy wine and milk without money and without cost.

We see from our Bible verse that the “Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program” has been around for thousands of years; there is nothing new under the Sun. Even President Johnson used a program which already existed, and changed it into the Food Stamp Program. The politics about this are always debated but you don’t hear it so much these days, because it is now an accepted way of life. They used to say “If they don’t work, they shouldn’t eat’; but most people on the program really need help. For some there’s no way they can work at all. They go to a store to buy food without money and without cost. ~ So much of this reminds me of what Isaiah said, but he is talking about food no one knows about; the bread that comes from Heaven, food for the Soul. This was called Angel Food in the Old Testament but in the New Testament, Jesus calls himself the Bread of Life. ~ Have you ever tried to earn your own way to Heaven?

There are two ways to get to Heaven; through Good Works or by the Grace of God. God has put us all to Work, and a Worker is worth his wages; imagine all you can buy yourself, never depending on Spiritual Welfare. ~ What would you call anyone who buttered up your spouse with Lies? A Liar, right? Have ‘you’ told a Lie? Sure you have; you’ve earned a spiritual wage but it’s not paid with Heavenly currency. Have you committed Adultery outside of marriage? Jesus said that Lusting for someone is Adultery from your Heart; have you Coveted your neighbor’s wife? I used to hang out at my friend’s house because of his wife; I wasn’t much of a friend. ~ These are only three of the Ten Commandments, if God judged you by this standard, would you be innocent or guilty? God pays you wages for what you’ve done wrong, would you go to Heaven or Hell? You are spiritually poor, bankrupt! You need to apply for Spiritual Welfare…

Even though we can take Food Stamps and buy without money and without cost; somebody has to pay. ~ For God so loved the world he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life! Jesus pays the bill in three ways; he lived a Sinless life that pleased God, he shed his blood on the Cross to pay the price for his people, and he arose from the grave alive to show his credit was accepted. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the risen Savior Jesus Christ, without our tipping God with our Works. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; and find a local Church who will help you understand that if you ever try to buy your righteousness, Grace is no longer Grace and you will once more be paid wages again. ~ Salvation is a Welfare Program for sure; because no one but Jesus Christ was ever good enough to earn his way to Heaven. Christ said that all who come other ways are Liars and Robbers; to God, paying for your own Sin is a crime in and of itself…

Isaiah 55:2 NIV; Why spend money on what is not bread, and your labor on what does not satisfy? Listen, listen to me, and eat what is good, and you will delight in the richest of fare.

Comment

• Lotto Fever ~ by Reverend RV

1st Corinthians 15:57 NIV; But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Recently we had the largest Lottery reward in history, the winnings were estimated at over One Billion and a half Dollars! Reports of long lines reaching around stores to buy a chance at winning the prize made the News. I myself bought tickets until one person won the prize; well, I kept buying tickets until the fever broke. ~ This got me thinking about what the Lottery would be like in the Kingdom of Heaven. Wouldn’t it be the richest prize fathomable? If we could buy a ticket, how long would the line be around Heaven’s Gate?? The bad news is that only one ticket has won Heaven’s Lottery and no new tickets have been sold since. Jesus Christ is the Winner! The good news is that he shares his prize with all who are with him. Jesus said that if you are not with him you are against him; you say “I’ll be with him for that!”

Let’s see if you are with him or not. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call people who tell Lies? Satan is the Father of Lies, and he certainly is not with Jesus. Have you stolen anything and never were caught? What do you call people who Steal and are caught? A Thief, right? What do you call people who Steal but were never caught? An uncaught Thief, right? Have you ever Coveted anything? Jesus taught that Coveting your neighbor’s wife is the same as Adultery; therefore we’ve all Coveted something that does not belong to us. Since God knew all along who bought would buy the winning Lottery ticket, it never belonged to us either, right? ~ These are only four of the Ten Commandments; if God judged you by his standard of Righteousness, are you be innocent or guilty? Would you be sent to Heaven or Hell?

The Good News is Jesus Christ is like a Lottery Winner who shares his prize with everyone he knows! ~ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life! He’s the only person who got all 316 Laws and 10 Comandments of the Old Testament right; earning himself the keys to Heaven. He proved this by rising from the dead after he had bled to death on the Cross to pay for the Sin of the world. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the resurrected Savior Jesus Christ, without Working to pick the winning numbers. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; and start going to a Church that preaches the Gospel and teaches the Bible. ~ I always say that if I win such a big Lottery, everyone I know would get a Million Dollars. The problem with that is I do not know everybody; and the same goes for our Lord Jesus Christ…

Matthew 7:23 NIV; Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

Comment

• Originally posted by bruisermiller View Post
                Lotto Fever ~ by Reverend RV

1st Corinthians 15:57 NIV; But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

Recently we had the largest Lottery reward in history, the winnings were estimated at over One Billion and a half Dollars! Reports of long lines reaching around stores to buy a chance at winning the prize made the News. I myself bought tickets until one person won the prize; well, I kept buying tickets until the fever broke. ~ This got me thinking about what the Lottery would be like in the Kingdom of Heaven. Wouldn’t it be the richest prize fathomable? If we could buy a ticket, how long would the line be around Heaven’s Gate?? The bad news is that only one ticket has won Heaven’s Lottery and no new tickets have been sold since. Jesus Christ is the Winner! The good news is that he shares his prize with all who are with him. Jesus said that if you are not with him you are against him; you say “I’ll be with him for that!”

Let’s see if you are with him or not. ~ Have you ever told a Lie? What do you call people who tell Lies? Satan is the Father of Lies, and he certainly is not with Jesus. Have you stolen anything and never were caught? What do you call people who Steal and are caught? A Thief, right? What do you call people who Steal but were never caught? An uncaught Thief, right? Have you ever Coveted anything? Jesus taught that Coveting your neighbor’s wife is the same as Adultery; therefore we’ve all Coveted something that does not belong to us. Since God knew all along who bought would buy the winning Lottery ticket, it never belonged to us either, right? ~ These are only four of the Ten Commandments; if God judged you by his standard of Righteousness, are you be innocent or guilty? Would you be sent to Heaven or Hell?

The Good News is Jesus Christ is like a Lottery Winner who shares his prize with everyone he knows! ~ For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in him shall not perish but have everlasting Life! He’s the only person who got all 316 Laws and 10 Comandments of the Old Testament right; earning himself the keys to Heaven. He proved this by rising from the dead after he had bled to death on the Cross to pay for the Sin of the world. We’re Saved by the Grace of God through Faith in the resurrected Savior Jesus Christ, without Working to pick the winning numbers. Repent of your Sins, Confess Jesus Christ as your Lord God; and start going to a Church that preaches the Gospel and teaches the Bible. ~ I always say that if I win such a big Lottery, everyone I know would get a Million Dollars. The problem with that is I do not know everybody; and the same goes for our Lord Jesus Christ…

Matthew 7:23 NIV; Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!'

I want to thank you for your continued posts. Great work bruisermiller!

Inertia
                "The exact sciences also start from the assumption that in the end it will always be possible to understand nature, even in every new field of experience, but that we make no a priori assumptions about the meaning of the word "understand"."

Heisenberg

" It is the glory of God to conceal a matter, and it is the glory of a king to search out a matter. " ( Proverbs 25:2 )

Comment

Working...
                X