Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

I have been invited to teach in a nudist camp, should I?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have been invited to teach in a nudist camp, should I?

most nudist camps in Michigan are filled with over weight grand parents. So, there is very little chance of lust, but a big chance one might want to gouge their eyes out.
    Last edited by CARM Admin; 04-22-17, 02:08 PM. Reason: alert/thread permitted though inappropriate for some, should simply ignore

• Daniel Marsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Morefish View Post

Perhaps you should learn to READ YOUR BIBLE.

1. The Samaritan woman is NEVER referred to as a 'temple prostitute' and it would be VERY UNLIKELY for her to be one.
    2. The WELL was CERTAINLY NOT the 'place of business' where the temple prostitutes 'did their thing.'

So YOUR ERRONEOUS CONCLUSION that Jesus went to the temple prostitutes at their place of business is pathetic.

TRY AGAIN. . .
    Tell me, how many husbands did she have? "you have had five husbands, and the man you have now is not your husband"

Luke 7:36-50New Century Version (NCV)

36 One of the Pharisees asked Jesus to eat with him, so Jesus went into the Pharisee’s house and sat at the table. 37 A sinful woman in the town learned that Jesus was eating at the Pharisee’s house. So she brought an alabaster jar of perfume 38 and stood behind Jesus at his feet, crying. She began to wash his feet with her tears, and she dried them with her hair, kissing them many times and rubbing them with the perfume. 39 When the Pharisee who asked Jesus to come to his house saw this, he thought to himself, “If Jesus were a prophet, he would know that the woman touching him is a sinner!”

40 Jesus said to the Pharisee, “Simon, I have something to say to you.”

Simon said, “Teacher, tell me.”

41 Jesus said, “Two people owed money to the same banker. One owed five hundred coins[a] and the other owed fifty. 42 They had no money to pay what they owed, but the banker told both of them they did not have to pay him. Which person will love the banker more?”

43 Simon, the Pharisee, answered, “I think it would be the one who owed him the most money.”

Jesus said to Simon, “You are right.” 44 Then Jesus turned toward the woman and said to Simon, “Do you see this woman? When I came into your house, you gave me no water for my feet, but she washed my feet with her tears and dried them with her hair. 45 You gave me no kiss of greeting, but she has been kissing my feet since I came in. 46 You did not put oil on my head, but she poured perfume on my feet. 47 I tell you that her many sins are forgiven, so she showed great love. But the person who is forgiven only a little will love only a little.”

48 Then Jesus said to her, “Your sins are forgiven.”

49 The people sitting at the table began to say among themselves, “Who is this who even forgives sins?”

50 Jesus said to the woman, “Because you believed, you are saved from your sins. Go in peace.”

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    Daniel Marsh replied
    01-07-18, 12:04 AM
    Do you REALLY THINK Jesus went to the temple prostitutes in their place of business to tell them of Himself? HOW STUPID WOULD THAT BE?!!!

Funny, that is exactly what Jesus did,

John 4International Standard Version (ISV)
    Jesus Meets a Samaritan Woman
    4 Now when Jesus[a] realized that the Pharisees had heard he was making and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although it was not Jesus who did the baptizing but his disciples— 3 he left Judea and went back to Galilee. 4 Now it was necessary for him to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the piece of land that Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s Well was also there, and Jesus, tired out by the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

7 A Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus told her, “Please give me a drink,” 8 since his disciples had gone off into town to buy food.

9 The Samaritan woman asked him, “How can you, a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” Because Jews do not have anything to do with Samaritans.[c]

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who is saying to you, ‘Please give me a drink,’ you would have been the one to ask him, and he would have given you living water.”

11 The woman[d] told him, “Sir, you don’t have a bucket, and the well is deep. Where are you going to get this living water? 12 You’re not greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it, along with his sons and his flocks, are you?”

13 Jesus answered her, “Everyone who drinks this water will become thirsty again. 14 But whoever drinks the water that I will give him will never become thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become a well of water for him, springing up to eternal life.”

15 The woman told him, “Sir, give me this water, so that I won’t get thirsty or have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go and call your husband, and come back here.”

17 The woman answered him, “I don’t have a husband.”

Jesus told her, “You are quite right in saying, ‘I don’t have a husband,’ 18 because you have had five husbands, and the man you have now is not your husband. What you have said is true.”

19 The woman told him, “Sir, I see that you are a prophet! 20 Our ancestors worshipped on this mountain. But you Jews[e] say that the place where people should worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 Jesus told her, “Believe me, dear lady,[f] the hour is coming when you Samaritans[g] will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You don’t know what you’re worshiping. We Jews[h] know what we’re worshiping, because salvation comes from the Jews. 23 Yet the time is coming, and is now here, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit[i] and truth. Indeed, the Father is looking for people like that to worship him. 24 God is spirit,[j] and those who worship him must worship in spirit[k] and truth.”

25 The woman told him, “I know that the Anointed One[l] is coming, who is being called ‘the Messiah’.[m] When that person comes, he will explain everything.”

26 “I AM,” Jesus replied, “the one who is speaking to you.”

27 At this point his disciples arrived, and they were astonished that he was talking to a woman. Yet no one said, “What do you want from her?”[n] or, “Why are you talking to her?” 28 Then the woman left her water jar and went back to town. She told people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I’ve ever done! Could he possibly be the Messiah?”[o] 30 The people[p] left the town and started on their way to him.

31 Meanwhile, the disciples were urging him, “Rabbi,[q] have something to eat.”

32 But he told them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

33 So the disciples began to say to one another, “No one has brought him anything to eat, have they?”

34 Jesus told them, “My food is doing the will of the one who sent me and completing his work. 35 You say, don’t you, ‘In four more months the harvest will begin?’ Look, I tell you, open your eyes and observe that the fields are ready[r] for harvesting now! 36 The one who harvests is already receiving his wages and gathering a crop for eternal life, so that the one who sows and the one who harvests may rejoice together. 37 In this respect the saying is true: ‘One person sows, and another person harvests.’[s] 38 I have sent you to harvest what you have not worked for. Others have worked, and you have adopted their work as your own.”

39 Now many of the Samaritans of that town believed in Jesus[t] because the woman had testified, “He told me everything I’ve ever done.”

40 So when the Samaritans came to Jesus,[u] they asked him to stay with them, and he stayed there for two days. 41 And many more believed because of what he said. 42 They kept telling the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, because now we have heard him ourselves, and we know that he really is the Savior of the world.”
    Perhaps you should learn to READ YOUR BIBLE.

1. The Samaritan woman is NEVER referred to as a 'temple prostitute' and it would be VERY UNLIKELY for her to be one.
    2. The WELL was CERTAINLY NOT the 'place of business' where the temple prostitutes 'did their thing.'

So YOUR ERRONEOUS CONCLUSION that Jesus went to the temple prostitutes at their place of business is pathetic.

TRY AGAIN. . .

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Marsh
    replied
    I do not see any Christians being caused to stumble based on what I have done.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Marsh
    replied

Do you REALLY THINK Jesus went to the temple prostitutes in their place of business to tell them of Himself? HOW STUPID WOULD THAT BE?!!!

Funny, that is exactly what Jesus did,

John 4International Standard Version (ISV)
    Jesus Meets a Samaritan Woman
    4 Now when Jesus[a] realized that the Pharisees had heard he was making and baptizing more disciples than John— 2 although it was not Jesus who did the baptizing but his disciples— 3 he left Judea and went back to Galilee. 4 Now it was necessary for him to go through Samaria. 5 So he came to a town in Samaria called Sychar, near the piece of land that Jacob had given to his son Joseph. 6 Jacob’s Well was also there, and Jesus, tired out by the journey, sat down by the well. It was about noon.

7 A Samaritan woman came to draw water, and Jesus told her, “Please give me a drink,” 8 since his disciples had gone off into town to buy food.

9 The Samaritan woman asked him, “How can you, a Jew, ask for a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?” Because Jews do not have anything to do with Samaritans.[c]

10 Jesus answered her, “If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who is saying to you, ‘Please give me a drink,’ you would have been the one to ask him, and he would have given you living water.”

11 The woman[d] told him, “Sir, you don’t have a bucket, and the well is deep. Where are you going to get this living water? 12 You’re not greater than our ancestor Jacob, who gave us the well and drank from it, along with his sons and his flocks, are you?”

13 Jesus answered her, “Everyone who drinks this water will become thirsty again. 14 But whoever drinks the water that I will give him will never become thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become a well of water for him, springing up to eternal life.”

15 The woman told him, “Sir, give me this water, so that I won’t get thirsty or have to keep coming here to draw water.”

16 He told her, “Go and call your husband, and come back here.”

17 The woman answered him, “I don’t have a husband.”

Jesus told her, “You are quite right in saying, ‘I don’t have a husband,’ 18 because you have had five husbands, and the man you have now is not your husband. What you have said is true.”

19 The woman told him, “Sir, I see that you are a prophet! 20 Our ancestors worshipped on this mountain. But you Jews[e] say that the place where people should worship is in Jerusalem.”

21 Jesus told her, “Believe me, dear lady,[f] the hour is coming when you Samaritans[g] will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. 22 You don’t know what you’re worshiping. We Jews[h] know what we’re worshiping, because salvation comes from the Jews. 23 Yet the time is coming, and is now here, when true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit[i] and truth. Indeed, the Father is looking for people like that to worship him. 24 God is spirit,[j] and those who worship him must worship in spirit[k] and truth.”

25 The woman told him, “I know that the Anointed One[l] is coming, who is being called ‘the Messiah’.[m] When that person comes, he will explain everything.”

26 “I AM,” Jesus replied, “the one who is speaking to you.”

27 At this point his disciples arrived, and they were astonished that he was talking to a woman. Yet no one said, “What do you want from her?”[n] or, “Why are you talking to her?” 28 Then the woman left her water jar and went back to town. She told people, 29 “Come, see a man who told me everything I’ve ever done! Could he possibly be the Messiah?”[o] 30 The people[p] left the town and started on their way to him.

31 Meanwhile, the disciples were urging him, “Rabbi,[q] have something to eat.”

32 But he told them, “I have food to eat that you know nothing about.”

33 So the disciples began to say to one another, “No one has brought him anything to eat, have they?”

34 Jesus told them, “My food is doing the will of the one who sent me and completing his work. 35 You say, don’t you, ‘In four more months the harvest will begin?’ Look, I tell you, open your eyes and observe that the fields are ready[r] for harvesting now! 36 The one who harvests is already receiving his wages and gathering a crop for eternal life, so that the one who sows and the one who harvests may rejoice together. 37 In this respect the saying is true: ‘One person sows, and another person harvests.’[s] 38 I have sent you to harvest what you have not worked for. Others have worked, and you have adopted their work as your own.”

39 Now many of the Samaritans of that town believed in Jesus[t] because the woman had testified, “He told me everything I’ve ever done.”

40 So when the Samaritans came to Jesus,[u] they asked him to stay with them, and he stayed there for two days. 41 And many more believed because of what he said. 42 They kept telling the woman, “It is no longer because of what you said that we believe, because now we have heard him ourselves, and we know that he really is the Savior of the world.”

Leave a comment:

• Angels_Sing
    replied
    Originally posted by Daniel Marsh View Post

Teach them about Jesus and what he did for us to gain salvation and heaven. Then allow the Holy Spirit to do his work.
    Actually I think you're just "pulling our leg" with this whole nudist camp thing anyway. Haha.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Marsh
    replied
    Originally posted by Angels_Sing View Post

What on earth would you teach to a bunch of naked people, the bare essentials?
    Teach them about Jesus and what he did for us to gain salvation and heaven. Then allow the Holy Spirit to do his work.

Leave a comment:

• Angels_Sing
    replied

most nudist camps in Michigan are filled with over weight grand parents. So, there is very little chance of lust, but a big chance one might want to gouge their eyes out.
    What on earth would you teach to a bunch of naked people, the bare essentials?

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Marsh
    replied
    I don't care to see naked people.
    Them putting clothes on was out of being polite to me.
    Jesus at the Well would be a case of Jesus going to a prostitutes, place of business. John 8
    To my knowledge nudists are not prostitutes, just family without clothes in the sun.
    How many prostitutes were in Jesus family line?

Who did Hosea marry?

Luke 7:37-50
    And there was a woman in the city who was a sinner; and when she learned that He was reclining at the table in the Pharisee's house, she brought an alabaster vial of perfume, and standing behind Him at His feet, weeping, she began to wet His feet with her tears, and kept wiping them with the hair of her head, and kissing His feet and anointing them with the perfume. Now when the Pharisee who had invited Him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet He would know who and what sort of person this woman is who is touching Him, that she is a sinner."

Joshua 2:1
    Then Joshua the son of Nun sent two men as spies secretly from Shittim, saying, "Go, view the land, especially Jericho " So they went and came into the house of a harlot whose name was Rahab, and lodged there.

Hebrews 11:31
    By faith Rahab the harlot did not perish along with those who were disobedient, after she had welcomed the spies in peace.

James 2:25
    In the same way, was not Rahab the harlot also justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

Joshua 6:22-25
    Joshua said to the two men who had spied out the land, "Go into the harlot's house and bring the woman and all she has out of there, as you have sworn to her." So the young men who were spies went in and brought out Rahab and her father and her mother and her brothers and all she had; they also brought out all her relatives and placed them outside the camp of Israel. They burned the city with fire, and all that was in it. Only the silver and gold, and articles of bronze and iron, they put into the treasury of the house of the LORD

“Prostitutes are in no danger of finding their present life so satisfactory that they cannot turn to God: the proud, the avaricious, the self-righteous, are in that danger.” C.S. Lewis

John 8:2-11 ESV / 35 helpful votes Helpful Not Helpful

Early in the morning he came again to the temple. All the people came to him, and he sat down and taught them. The scribes and the Pharisees brought a woman who had been caught in adultery, and placing her in the midst they said to him, “Teacher, this woman has been caught in the act of adultery. Now in the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. So what do you say?” This they said to test him, that they might have some charge to bring against him. Jesus bent down and wrote with his finger on the ground. ...

Matthew 1:3 (ESV)

3 and Judah the father of Perez and Zerah by Tamar, and Perez the father of Hezron, and Hezron the father of Ram,

https://www.bethinking.org/bible/bib.../4-prostitutes is a good general article

Matthew 9:10-11: While Jesus was having dinner at Matthew’s house, many tax collectors and sinners came and ate with him and his disciples. When the Pharisees saw this, they asked his disciples, “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?”

Luke 15:1-2: Now the tax collectors and sinners were all gathering around to hear Jesus. But the Pharisees and the teachers of the law muttered, “This man welcomes sinners and eats with them.”

https://www.calvaryabq.org/teachings...ptsCookies=yes is a good study on the topic of prostitution.

Take into account many in the sex trades are slaves of sex traffickers.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied
    Daniel Marsh replied
    10-07-17, 01:08 PM
    There are also many places where you can witness to people. Places that would not cause others to stumble. Places like hospital waiting rooms (a friend with a fatal heart condition sat in one for years, reading his Bible, talking to anyone who was interested. . .) etc. Why go to a place loaded with naked people of ALL ages like a nudist camp. Do you think God would call you to witness in a whore house?

Certainly there IS a difference between a whore house and a nudist camp, but that doesn't make the nudist camp change any.

Why do you think your action would NOT cause a weak brother to stumble?

We Christians are supposed to be ABOVE REPROACH. If you went there, you would not be above reproach imho.

They were in the past and present polite enough to get dressed for my talks with them. There are by the way, Christian Nudists called fig leaf or something like that. I have never had a brother in Christ tempted to go to such a camp because I spoke there. Besides, unsaved nudists need Jesus too. Jesus ate with sinners and I am not greater than him. God met with Adam and Eve when they had no clothes and they only covered up when they had shame from their sin. Having been exposed to such camps as a child, I have no sin, lust problems in their camps. I like many have a bigger problem at beaches and pools. I am being invited because they know that I am above reproach. Isaiah walked around for three years in the buff as a picture lesson and I am not better than him either.

Luke 15

Now all the tax-gatherers and the sinners were coming near Him to listen to Him. And both the Pharisees and the scribes began to grumble, saying, "This man receives sinners and eats with them."

Like with Homosexuality or any other sin, one puts their need for Jesus first and make polite requests like wearing clothing around you and for rude people not to swear or smoke.

He has told you, mortals, what is good in His sight. What else does the Eternal ask of you But to live justly and to love kindness and to walk with your True God in all humility?(Micah 6:8)

"Lead us not to temptation" is something the Lord said.

WHERE did Jesus OR any of the apostles ever tell the temple prostitutes to put on their clothes so they could preach to them? NEVER ONCE!

You can tell the nudists about Jesus when they go to town, or when they go to the local restaurant.

But why would YOU want to go to see the naked people? IF you are a Christian, that is. . .

I'd be happy to eat with nudists and even prostitutes. . .at my own home, with others (mainly my wife) present.

But I wouldn't GO to their place. . .no matter how polite they were.

Jesus didn't. NOBODY IN THE BIBLE DID.

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Marsh
    replied

There are also many places where you can witness to people. Places that would not cause others to stumble. Places like hospital waiting rooms (a friend with a fatal heart condition sat in one for years, reading his Bible, talking to anyone who was interested. . .) etc. Why go to a place loaded with naked people of ALL ages like a nudist camp. Do you think God would call you to witness in a whore house?

Certainly there IS a difference between a whore house and a nudist camp, but that doesn't make the nudist camp change any.

We Christians are supposed to be ABOVE REPROACH. If you went there, you would not be above reproach imho.

They were in the past and present polite enough to get dressed for my talks with them. There are by the way, Christian Nudists called fig leaf or something like that. I have never had a brother in Christ tempted to go to such a camp because I spoke there. Besides, unsaved nudists need Jesus too. Jesus ate with sinners and I am not greater than him. God met with Adam and Eve when they had no clothes and they only covered up when they had shame from their sin. Having been exposed to such camps as a child, I have no sin, lust problems in their camps. I like many have a bigger problem at beaches and pools. I am being invited because they know that I am above reproach. Isaiah walked around for three years in the buff as a picture lesson and I am not better than him either.

Luke 15

Now all the tax-gatherers and the sinners were coming near Him to listen to Him. And both the Pharisees and the scribes began to grumble, saying, "This man receives sinners and eats with them."

Like with Homosexuality or any other sin, one puts their need for Jesus first and make polite requests like wearing clothing around you and for rude people not to swear or smoke.

He has told you, mortals, what is good in His sight. What else does the Eternal ask of you But to live justly and to love kindness and to walk with your True God in all humility?(Micah 6:8)

Leave a comment:

• nothead
    replied

I once was invited to dinner by someone to tell him about Jesus. I only later learn that He own porn stores when He was closing them because He committed his life to Jesus.

There are ministries of women to women traped in the sex trades. They were called there, I am not. Besides there is a big difference between a brothel and nudist camp.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mini....0.dufY14aDvUc
    But it is like addressing a Cartel Enforcer about an obscure point in theology. He might just get confused enough to shoot the speaker. This would naturally be ALSO the problem if the speaker addressed his sin directly.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied

I once was invited to dinner by someone to tell him about Jesus. I only later learn that He own porn stores when He was closing them because He committed his life to Jesus.

There are ministries of women to women traped in the sex trades. They were called there, I am not. Besides there is a big difference between a brothel and nudist camp.

Leave a comment:

• Morefish
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Daniel Marsh
    replied

If a nudist camp, why not a porn shop. . .
    or a brothel. . .THEY need the gospel too!

I wouldn't go to any of those places. But of course it remains between you and God.

Or better yet, most of those folks can be seen at your local 7-11 convenience store.

https://www.google.com/search?q=mini....0.dufY14aDvUc

Leave a comment:

Working...
X