Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

How effective are Gospel tracts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How effective are Gospel tracts?

Hi everyone. How effective do you think Gospel tracts are? One of my friends has purchased these free Gospel tracts from www.gospeltracts.org, who is sharing the message of Christ with all people worldwide. It contains a simple Gospel message with Bible verses right there in the tract. So, what're your opinions on using Gospel tracts to witness?

Originally posted by sierraelii View Post
    Hi everyone. How effective do you think Gospel tracts are? One of my friends has purchased these free Gospel tracts from www.gospeltracts.org, who is sharing the message of Christ with all people worldwide. It contains a simple Gospel message with Bible verses right there in the tract. So, what're your opinions on using Gospel tracts to witness?
    My grandad was born again at the age of 54. He had 12 children by 2 wives. His first wife had 5 and died. The next had the rest. He was alcoholic and mean. After salvation he became as intense with witnessing. As one of several dozen grand children, when we visited them, we didn't play. We folded gospel tracts. His daughters won their brothers to the Lord and the oldest brothers won grandad. He personally handed out tracts by the thousands. He went back to all the bars and witnessed.

Hand out a tract. Someone gets a tract and someone else has prayed for that person and God may have touched that person with some additional contacts. It is probably not a tract and only the tract. It may be a phrase from the tract to a person that gets a little blessing from it.

Your friend will be blessed by blessing someone with a tract.

Comment

I am biased. One Tract ministry offer one each of every tract they offered. Maybe a hundred or so. I stacked them in the bathroom and read a couple (regularly).
      At some point, at age 30, I decided at least one of these stories was true and so I asked Jesus into my life.
      I recall the color of the room and I am NOT normally good with color memory.
      - Do for others as you would want them to do for you: this is the foundation of the Law of Moses and of the teachings of the prophets. -

Comment

The power of the Holy Spirit just might be a little more effective than a man-made tract.

And behold, I am sending forth the promise of my Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” Luke 24:49

Gathering them together, he commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Which,” he said, “you heard of from me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.... you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:4-8

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.... Peter, taking his stand with the eleven, raised his voice and declared..... Acts 2:4

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do? Acts 2:37

Comment

Tracts can be useful. I've used them many times street witnessing.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Victor View Post
            Tracts can be useful. I've used them many times street witnessing.
            Welcome to CARM.

Are you perhaps the latest "reincarnation" of Victor?

Comment

Originally posted by Servant of the Lord View Post

The power of the Holy Spirit just might be a little more effective than a man-made tract.

And behold, I am sending forth the promise of my Father upon you; but you are to stay in the city until you are clothed with power from on high.” Luke 24:49

Gathering them together, he commanded them not to leave Jerusalem, but to wait for what the Father had promised, “Which,” he said, “you heard of from me; 5 for John baptized with water, but you will be baptized with the Holy Spirit not many days from now.... you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be my witnesses both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and even to the remotest part of the earth.” Acts 1:4-8

And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.... Peter, taking his stand with the eleven, raised his voice and declared..... Acts 2:4

Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Brethren, what shall we do? Acts 2:37
              MY BIBLE demonstrates PEOPLE talking to PEOPLE, not sheets of toilet paper being passed around, then trashed. "Friendship evangelism" is A MUCH BETTER WAY (You don't have to 'farm evangelism out' to 'tract writers') to help people hear the Word of GOD (the BIBLE).

IF Jesus doesn't come into your everyday conversation. . .is He a REAL part of YOUR LIFE?
              God's Word (Scripture) will convince me. YOUR argument is your own.

I want to be so full of Jesus that if a mosquito bites me, he will fly away singing 'there's power in the blood. . .' (author unknown)

Comment

Working...
              X