Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Questions for KJVO's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmm...The 2nd anniversary of this thread is right around the corner, and there are still NO meaningful KJVO answers to it!

The CORRECT answers to the OP's questions prove the KJVO myth to be false. But it seems KJVOs are more interested in clinging to their myth than in believing the TRUTH!

New Readers, I hope you see the emptiness of KJVO by seeing the lack of KJVO responses to the FACT that the KJVO myth has NO Scriptural support, even in the KJV itself !

Comment

• For KJVOs....

Nothing you say in favor of the KJVO myth matters without yourcorrectly answering the questions in the OP of this thread. All your pro-KJVO jive is hot air til then.

Comment

• OK, Sportzz Fanzz!

Here we are, at the 2ND ANNIVERSARY of this thread's OP being posted, and STILL, NO ATTEMPT BY ANY KJVO TO ADDRESS ITS QUESTIONS!

I believe the KJVO myth has been thoroughly been discredited & proven FALSE, so we can disregard any pro-KJVO posts whose author hasn't tried to answer the OP's questions.

**THE KJVO MYTH - PHONY AS A FORD CORVETTE !**

Comment

• Originally posted by roby3 View Post
          OK, Sportzz Fanzz!

Here we are, at the 2ND ANNIVERSARY of this thread's OP being posted, and STILL, NO ATTEMPT BY ANY KJVO TO ADDRESS ITS QUESTIONS!

I believe the KJVO myth has been thoroughly been discredited & proven FALSE, so we can disregard any pro-KJVO posts whose author hasn't tried to answer the OP's questions.

**THE KJVO MYTH - PHONY AS A FORD CORVETTE !**
          Why did God allow His people to rely on the KJV for 400 years if it was so bad? Spurgeon preached almost exclusively from the KJV and said either nothing or almost nothing in any of his sermons designed to wean Christians off the KJV and onto another version.
          I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

• The KJVOs here remain stumped & stymied by this thread's OP! TWO YEARS & COUNTING !

Comment

• Originally posted by marke View Post

Why did God allow His people to rely on the KJV for 400 years if it was so bad?
              Because it was OK for its time. However, once the language had changed a good deal, God began causing other translations to be made.

Spurgeon preached almost exclusively from the KJV and said either nothing or almost nothing in any of his sermons designed to wean Christians off the KJV and onto another version.
              Spurgeon didn't have any other good version to which to steer anyone.

Still, NO ANSWERS to the OP ! ! ! !

Comment

• Originally posted by roby3 View Post

Because it was OK for its time. However, once the language had changed a good deal, God began causing other translations to be made.

Spurgeon didn't have any other good version to which to steer anyone.

Still, NO ANSWERS to the OP ! ! ! !
                When did God stop supporting the KJV?

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

When did God stop supporting the KJV?
                  A Question that conveniently assumes He ever started supporting the KJV?
                  Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

• Originally posted by Trucker View Post

Good point. What English version(s) has God supported for the last 400 years? What English version(s) has God never supported?

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post
                      Good point. What English version(s) has God supported for the last 400 years? What English version(s) has God never supported?
                      Marke, you're the one that insinuated God had supported the KJV. It's now your responsibility to prove that He did. Lot's o' luck. I never said He did or didn't support any translation.

Now watch the dance routine begin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trucker View Post

Marke, you're the one that insinuated God had supported the KJV. It's now your responsibility to prove that He did. Lot's o' luck. I never said He did or didn't support any translation.

Now watch the dance routine begin.
                        Of course I believe God was happy for Spurgeon and others to refer to the KJV Bible as the Word of God and of course I believe God approves of the written Word of God.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post

Now watch the dance routine begin
                          Of course I believe God was happy for Spurgeon and others to refer to the KJV Bible as the Word of God and of course I believe God approves of the written Word of God.
                          You've said many thing here over the course or time that you cannot prove. We're still waiting for something of substance from you.

Comment

• With all the blather KJVOs post here, NONE of them will DARE try to answer the questions in the OP! It's been over TWO YEARS now, with NO KJVO answers!

The KJVO SILENCE is deafening! That silence renders all their pro-KJVO speeches into blather.

Comment

• Still, NO KJVO response!

VERY TELLING ! !

Comment

• Originally posted by Beloved Daughter View Post
                                We have asked these questions before. And not a single KJVO has made any attempt to answer them.

How will you defend the KJVO when you don't have the facts.

Start by answering these questions
                                1. Is/was the Latin Vulgate the "word of God"? Why or why not? (Note: the Latin Vulgate was the standard Bible, by which all else was compared, more universally and for a longer period of time than the KJV has been)
                                2. Is/was the Septuagint (LXX) the "word of God"? Why or why not? (Note: despite its obvious imperfections and inclusion of apocryphal books, the KJV translators still called it "the word of God")
                                3. Is/was the Geneva Bible, the Great Bible, Matthew's, Tyndale's, etc. the "word of God"? Why or why not?
                                4. Which edition (year) of the KJV is uncorrupted? Why do they differ, even occasionally in words? (And if your response has to do with printing problems, why would God inspire a perfect translation only to have it corrupted by the printers? The common people would still be lacking an uncorrupt word of God. And how can we know the printing errors were all found, and all properly fixed?)
                                5. Who publishes the uncorrupted KJV? Cambride, Oxford, Kirkbride, Scofield, AMG, Zondervan, one of the Bible Societies, or one of the many other publishers? Why do they differ slightly, even occasionally in words?
                                6. If passages like Psalm 12:6-7 and Matt 5:18 are about the KJV, what did these passages mean in 1610? In 1500? In 500 AD? Do these things, in the original context, have anything to do with a 17th century English translation of scripture?
                                7. When you encounter an archaic term or phrase in the KJV, or come across a "contradiction", why do you rely on fallible tools (dictionaries, etc) to interpret the infallible?
                                8. Suppose you lived in the 10th or 15th century. How would you define "preservation" as it related to God's word, so as to not contradict the KJV-only position?

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST, THE "BIG 2" QUESTIONS
                                9. The KJV came out in 1611. Where was the "final authority", the "preserved word of God" in 1610 and prior? Why does the KJV differ from it, and how was it "final" if the KJV replaced it? Explain.
                                10. If scripture is the sole authority for matters of faith and doctrine, then by what authority should anyone accept the doctrine of KJV-onlyism? Since scripture does not teach the doctrine of KJV-onlyism, is it not then an extra-Biblical doctrine? Why should we accept a doctrine needing a second authority, proclaimed by those who argue that there is only one authority for matters of doctrine in the first place?
                                kjv-only.com
                                Has nobody answered this in two years? Let me try.

1. Is the Vulgate the Word of God? No, the Vulgate contains a translation of God's infallible Word.
                                2. Was the Septuagint the Word of God? No, the Septuagint was a translation of the Word of God. Most Christians believe translations can be flawed but many Christians also know the Word of God cannot be flawed just because men may have made some mistakes in translating or transcribing the Word of God.
                                3. No the early English Bibles were only translations of the Word of God, not the infallible Word of God itself in all its purity.
                                4. Is any edition of the KJV Bible translation absolutely flawless in every detail? I don't think so. Translations can be skewed by men but the inspired Word of God cannot.
                                5. The Word of God is uncorrupted but the same cannot be said about Bible versions.
                                6. When the Bible refers to the Word of God it is referring to the inspired infallible pure Word of God, not human translations or transcriptions which may be flawed.
                                7. When Christians encounter a phrase they do nit understand they can consult men but must always go to God to insure they are getting good guidance from men if they do go to men. At any rate Christians should seek God to explain Bible passages to them, regardless of the version or the wording.
                                8. God's Word is preserved in heaven and among men through the preaching of the Holy Ghost who does not preach and teach junk.
                                9. God's Word has always been and will always be the final and supreme authority over men. The Word of God was established before the foundation of the earth and will still remain when the earth and heaven are dissolved in fervent heat. The Word of God has been transcribed or translated into Bibles but Christians must still go to God for understanding of what they read and for protections against any errors of misunderstanding or misinterpretations of men.
                                10. KJV onlyism is not a Bible doctrine and cannot be defended or refuted with KJVO Bible verses because there are no pro or con KJVO Bible verses in the Bible. KJVO is like a society of men, constructed by men, staffed by men, defended by men, opposed by men and debated by men, but it is nit a Bible doctrine to be defended or rebuked with specific application and inspiration from God's pure Word.
                                Last edited by marke; 03-17-19, 01:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X