Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Critique Of Author Rick Norris, The Unbound Scriptures, KJVOnly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marke View Post

Men could never have been the ultimate authorities to decide what specific books should be in the Bible even though men were involved in those decisions. I am comfortable accepting the idea that I don't need the books of the Apocrypha and that there is no harm in putting no value in them whatsoever.
    But it is a lie to not acknowledge that they are in the 1611 Bible and came with virtually all KJV Bibles until the 1885's or so. God's word for you has changed. God's word in the KJV Bible used to come with the Apocrypha always, then later in history usually does not. That is a real change, that even you can see.

Comment

I don't need to read it. I do not believe God's Word has changed over the years due to human involvement in its preservation, transcription and translation.
      Then you are misjudging the book on purpose and giving false witness about it. You also deny the changes to the original 1611 KJV Bible and many, many other KJV Bible's. You cannot see the plane differences between different editions of God's word. Why is that?

Comment

I do not believe God's Word has changed over the years due to human involvement in its preservation, transcription and translation.
        According to erroneous KJV-only reasoning, God's word has changed. It changed in 1611 from what it was in the pre-1611 English Bible, then in 1629 from what it was in 1611, then in 1638, then in 1743, then in 1762, then in 1769, then in the 1800's including in 1873, etc.

You show that you do not deal with the actual facts as you close your eyes and mind to them.

Evidently you choose to believe KJV-only fiction or false claims or KJV-only assumptions based on fallacies.. You fail to show that you believe consistent truth that would include truth before 1611.

Comment

I'm sure you have lots of followers and supporters. However, I am not one of them.
          Actually it is what the Scriptures state and teach that has lots of followers and supports, and your support of erroneous KJV-only reasoning/teaching does show that you may not be one of them at least concerning what the Scriptures would teach that relate to the subject of Bible translations.

Comment

Some Christians do not trust any Bible translation to be totally trustworthy. I am sorry for them. I believe the KJ Bible is totally trustworthy.
            It's a good translation; but not totally trustworthy.

Acts 1:20 (KJV) For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Bishoprick? Seriously? Since when were there "bishopricks" in the Old Covenant? There shouldn't even be "bishopricks" in the New Covenant! Not only that but this refers to Judas Iscariot, who was an apostle, not a "bishop".
            John 6:37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Conan View Post

But it is a lie to not acknowledge that they are in the 1611 Bible and came with virtually all KJV Bibles until the 1885's or so. God's word for you has changed. God's word in the KJV Bible used to come with the Apocrypha always, then later in history usually does not. That is a real change, that even you can see.
              Believe what you like. God does not give His people junk for the written Word of God for their nourishment.
              I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by Conan View Post

Then you are misjudging the book on purpose and giving false witness about it. You also deny the changes to the original 1611 KJV Bible and many, many other KJV Bible's. You cannot see the plane differences between different editions of God's word. Why is that?
                I tend to focus on the Christians' need for God's Word to be written in their own language so that they can read, study, honor and obey it as they seek Him for truth, wisdom and guidance for living.

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

• Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

According to erroneous KJV-only reasoning, God's word has changed. It changed in 1611 from what it was in the pre-1611 English Bible, then in 1629 from what it was in 1611, then in 1638, then in 1743, then in 1762, then in 1769, then in the 1800's including in 1873, etc.

You show that you do not deal with the actual facts as you close your eyes and mind to them.

Evidently you choose to believe KJV-only fiction or false claims or KJV-only assumptions based on fallacies.. You fail to show that you believe consistent truth that would include truth before 1611.
                  No, I do not believe God has allowed men to change His Word so that He must give Christians today a written Bible that is full of errors.

Comment

Actually it is what the Scriptures state and teach that has lots of followers and supports, and your support of erroneous KJV-only reasoning/teaching does show that you may not be one of them at least concerning what the Scriptures would teach that relate to the subject of Bible translations.
                    I have no idea what you think the Scriptures teach about translations, but I am convinced the Scripture teaches that God's Word is pure and that God expects people to study it, honor it and obey it.

Comment

• Originally posted by David1701 View Post

It's a good translation; but not totally trustworthy.

Acts 1:20 (KJV) For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

Bishoprick? Seriously? Since when were there "bishopricks" in the Old Covenant? There shouldn't even be "bishopricks" in the New Covenant! Not only that but this refers to Judas Iscariot, who was an apostle, not a "bishop".
                      If I encounter a difficult word in the Bible I simply ask the Lord to give me a right understanding of what the word means. I do not think God's Word has gone bad because I do not immediately understand everything I read in it.

Comment

No, I do not believe God has allowed men to change His Word so that He must give Christians today a written Bible that is full of errors.
                        Really? Are you really consistent and just in that belief or do you in effect only in practice assert that claim in 1611?

Do you say that God has not allowed men to change His word in the NKJV or do you suggest that God was only able to do what you claim in 1611?

On what sound, scriptural basis can you imagine that God would allow men to change His word in the NKJV, but not in the KJV?

Are you suggesting that God contradicted His own wisdom from above and showed partiality to the Church of England makers of the KJV?

Comment

Really? Are you really consistent and just in that belief or do you in effect only in practice assert that claim in 1611?

Do you say that God has not allowed men to change His word in the NKJV or do you suggest that God was only able to do what you claim in 1611?

On what sound, scriptural basis can you imagine that God would allow men to change His word in the NKJV, but not in the KJV?

Are you suggesting that God contradicted His own wisdom from above and showed partiality to the Church of England makers of the KJV?
                          Let me ask the geniuses who think God has allowed men to alter His Word down through time. How do those geniuses know which contradicting wording is of God and which is of men?

Comment

Marke, you ask questions, but you do not answer the questions that you are asked. You do not engage in serious discussion.

You make a false allegation in trying to imply that any believer who disagrees with your non-scriptural opinions concerning the KJV supposedly think that they are "geniuses."

Comment

How do those geniuses know which contradicting wording is of God and which is of men?
                              Perhaps humble believers who do not follow the opinions and traditions of men know the same way that believers before 1611 knew and the same way that later correctors of the 1611 edition of the KJV knew [by comparison to the proper standard and greater authority of the preserved Scriptures in the original languages].

Comment

Perhaps humble believers who do not follow the opinions and traditions of men know the same way that believers before 1611 knew and the same way that later correctors of the 1611 edition of the KJV knew [by comparison to the proper standard and greater authority of the preserved Scriptures in the original languages].
                                By referring to the infallible originals?

Comment

Working...
                                X