Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

It is factually false to say that the 1769 was the final edition of the KJV

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It is factually false to say that the 1769 was the final edition of the KJV

Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

Then, in 1762 and 1769, two final editions of the KJV were published. Both of these involved spelling changes, which became necessary as the English language became more stabilized and spelling rules were established.

The Florida Fundamentalist
    Your source is factually incorrect. You demonstrate that you fail to check out the accuracy of the claims in the sources that you cite. Bigboy, you show that you are uninformed about KJV editions since you suggest that this source is correct in its incorrect claims about editions of the KJV.

The 1762 Cambridge edition of the KJV and the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV were not the "two final editions of the KJV" to be published.

Today's present varying editions of the KJV are not identical in their text to the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV. I have compared the text of the 1762 Cambridge edition and the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV to other KJV editions so I know firsthand that your source is incorrect.

The 1762 Cambridge edition and the 1769 Oxford edition would prove your source to be factually wrong.

The 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV actually introduced some new errors into the KJV.

There were changes made to the text of the KJV after 1769 that are found in present KJV editions.

Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

Your source is factually incorrect. You demonstrate that you fail to check out the accuracy of the claims in the sources that you cite. Bigboy, you show that you are uninformed about KJV editions since you suggest that this source is correct in its incorrect claims about editions of the KJV.

The 1762 Cambridge edition of the KJV and the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV were not the "two final editions of the KJV" to be published.

Today's present varying editions of the KJV are not identical in their text to the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV. I have compared the text of the 1762 Cambridge edition and the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV to other KJV editions so I know firsthand that your source is incorrect.

The 1762 Cambridge edition and the 1769 Oxford edition would prove your source to be factually wrong.

The 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV actually introduced some new errors into the KJV.

There were changes made to the text of the KJV after 1769 that are found in present KJV editions.
    Yes, I somewhat agree cough cough, Most so called KJV in book stores today are not true KJV they have been tampered with words changed or left out, punctuation changed etc by the publishers.

I have found the The later the publication date the worse it is.

The way to avoid this is stop buying in the so called Christian book stores and seek out churches who have printing ministries.
    No conviction,No conversion
    John 16:8
    And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Yes, I somewhat agree cough cough, Most so called KJV in book stores today are not true KJV they have been tampered with words changed or left out, punctuation changed etc by the publishers.

The way to avoid this is stop buying in the so called Christian book stores and seek out churches who have printing ministries.
      Like those "down under". I seem to remember seeing you've joined the PCE crowd. Those Pentecostals down under?

Comment

Originally posted by praise_yeshua View Post

Like those "down under". I seem to remember seeing you've joined the PCE crowd. Those Pentecostals down under?
        Huh ?
        And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Originally posted by praise_yeshua View Post

Oh yes .... that "Perfect Cambridge Edition" that happens to be neither Cambridge or perfect! King James ONLYISM is a man made tradition!

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
          Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
          [KJV]

What a joke!!
          Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post

Oh yes .... that "Perfect Cambridge Edition" that happens to be neither Cambridge or perfect! King James ONLYISM is a man made tradition!

What a joke!!
            I see your signature still promotes the Pro Sodomite version...........we would all like to know why Trucker, you must have a reason.

Comment

I see your signature still promotes the Pro Sodomite version...........we would all like to know why Trucker, you must have a reason.
              Are you having fun chasing them Wabbits. Remember Bugs Bunny always wins.

Comment

Originally posted by Glenlogie View Post

Are you having fun chasing them Wabbits. Remember Bugs Bunny always wins.
                As long as you are Elmer Fudd it ends just right.

Comment

I see at the time of this post that you have yet to produce the Scripture that would justify your continued spamming of your false allegation!!

You don't have any such Scripture or you would have posted it long ago.

Comment

As long as you are Elmer Fudd it ends just right.
                    Only Elmer thinks so.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post

I see at the time of this post that you have yet to produce the Scripture that would justify your continued spamming of your false allegation!!

You don't have any such Scripture or you would have posted it long ago.
                      Yeah they conveniently left it out of the Pro- Sodomite NIV.

Comment

Yeah they conveniently left it out of the Pro- Sodomite NIV.
                        Come on over to the challenge OP and bring along a new suit of clothes ... you were undressed over there!

Comment

The KJV editions published by churches are not the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV. The KJV editions printed by different pro-KJV churches or church ministries have differences between each other. The KJV editions printed by church with printing ministries would have as many as 400 changes when compared to the 1769.

You would not know which is supposedly a true KJV since you are not well-enough informed about KJV editions to evaluate them.

Comment

Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

The KJV editions published by churches are not the 1769 Oxford edition of the KJV. The KJV editions printed by different pro-KJV churches or church ministries have differences between each other. The KJV editions printed by church with printing ministries would have as many as 400 changes when compared to the 1769.

You would not know which is supposedly a true KJV since you are not well-enough informed about KJV editions to evaluate them.
                            well thanks for telling me what I know and donít know, you are some kind of arrogant.

Comment

well thanks for telling me what I know and donít know, you are some kind of arrogant.
                              Your own posts have clearly revealed your lack of accurate knowledge about KJV editions.

There is no arrogance on my part in accepting what you yourself state and post as clear evidence of what you present and know about KJV editions. You started this thread favorably quoting an article that had factually incorrect claims about KJV editions, and you assumed or thought that they were supposedly correct. You also refuse to accept accurate, correct information about KJV editions.

Bigboy, would you have chosen to post this inaccurate, factually incorrect, unreliable article about KJV editions if you were well-informed about them?

Comment

Working...
                              X