Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The ONE QUESTION that stumps every KJVO!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AWANA View Post
    I believe your belief that God created an entire separate race apart from Adam and Eve myth is just that - a MYTH. I believe it's totally-false & was invented by Satan to both cast doubt upon God's word and to cause strife between and within congregations of Christians. Nothing good has ever come from your un-Biblical belief..
    Sounds like that came from the footnotes of the Darby Bible, which BTW is a KJV

MY FOUR APOLOGETIC AXIOMS

1. Any verse ripped from its context is a pretext 100% of the time

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

3. Inconsistency is a tiny hobgoblin haunting every cult

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Then why haven't you joined the "Cain's Wife" discussion like you said? Aren't you guilty of exactly what you're charging the KJVO people with? Silence? You won't apparently even acknowledge that I've invited you. As for myself, I believe your belief that God created an entire separate race apart from Adam and Eve myth is just that - a MYTH. I believe it's totally-false & was invented by Satan to both cast doubt upon God's word and to cause strife between and within congregations of Christians. Nothing good has ever come from your un-Biblical belief..
      Where's that great debate occurring?

And no matter WHAT, I REFUSE to accept incest as the answer! Incest has been "taboo" among every known culture from antiquity. End of "Cain's wife" discussion by me in this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by john t View Post

Prove that I did not steal cookies from the cookie jar. It is impossible.The absence of evidence is just that: an absence of evidence.

So while it is possible to prove a negative in mathematics, it is not possible to say "silence proves..." in the case of the KJVO myth.

REWRITE
        No reply to a legitimate question does raise some inferences, such as you KJVOers having sufficient knowledge of pertinent facts
        No reply to a legitimate question does raise some inferences, such as you KJVOers having sufficient fortitude to look at the facts
        No reply to a legitimate question does raise some inferences, such as you KJVOers not wanting to look at uncomfortable questions.
        No reply to a legitimate question does raise some inferences, such as you KJVOers not having the humility to say "I do not know"

Can you now see what I mean?
        If not, then it is still OK

/derail
        SILENCE to a perfectly-legitimate and pertinent question on a given subject is an indication of cluelessness or guilt.

Comment

Roby...it's in the Bible Questions and Discussions forum right here on Carm.

Comment

Then why haven't you joined the "Cain's Wife" discussion like you said? Aren't you guilty of exactly what you're charging the KJVO people with? Silence? You won't apparently even acknowledge that I've invited you. As for myself, I believe your belief that God created an entire separate race apart from Adam and Eve myth is just that - a MYTH. I believe it's totally-false & was invented by Satan to both cast doubt upon God's word and to cause strife between and within congregations of Christians. Nothing good has ever come from your un-Biblical belief..
            Awana, Cain married his sister or his neice. That is where Cain's wife came from. Adam live 930 years and begat sons and daughters. Abraham married his sister, Sarai. Isaac married his first cousin. The idea that it was taboo before the giving of the Law of Moses to Israel (which forbade it) for a person to marry close kin cannot be proven from the right division of the scripture.

And Bethuel begat Rebekah: these eight Milcah did bear to Nahor, Abraham’s brother. Ge 22:23

And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.Ge 24:15

10 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing? 11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife’s sake. 12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Someone was marrying close kin right after the flood.

These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.
            Last edited by JDS; 05-22-18, 10:41 AM.
            I once asked this of a Calvinist evangelist;
            Is it possible for an elect person ever to die lost and is it possible for a non elect person ever to be saved and he answered "no" to both questions.

Comment

Originally posted by JDS View Post

Awana, Cain married his sister or his neice. That is where Cain's wife came from. Adam live 930 years and begat sons and daughters. Abraham married his sister, Sarai. Isaac married his first cousin. The idea that it was taboo before the giving of the Law of Moses to Israel (which forbade it) for a person to marry close kin cannot be proven from the right division of the scripture.

And Bethuel begat Rebekah: these eight Milcah did bear to Nahor, Abraham’s brother. Ge 22:23

And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.Ge 24:15

10 And Abimelech said unto Abraham, What sawest thou, that thou hast done this thing? 11 And Abraham said, Because I thought, Surely the fear of God is not in this place; and they will slay me for my wife’s sake. 12 And yet indeed she is my sister; she is the daughter of my father, but not the daughter of my mother; and she became my wife.

Someone was marrying close kin right after the flood.

These are the three sons of Noah: and of them was the whole earth overspread.
              And the derail continues..........

People who object to the marriage of siblings, close relatives after the Fall forget that Adam and Eve were created perfectly. That meant that their offspring also inherited a degree of those perfect genes. Therefore the consequences of incest such as we observe today did not exist back then. We also seem to forget that Adam lived to 930 years as an adult, so it is possible that he could have as many as 800 offspring in that time through Eve. (Of course it is a guess!)

Naturally Eve's state of living and her supply of eggs would be the deciding factor, but her eggs would be as close to perfection as one could get, as would Adam's sperm
              Genesis 5: 3 And Adam liveth an hundred and thirty years, and begetteth a son in his likeness, according to his image, and calleth his name Seth.
              4 And the days of Adam after his begetting Seth are eight hundred years, and he begetteth sons and daughters.
              5 And all the days of Adam which he lived are nine hundred and thirty years, and he dieth.
              Then there is the high civilization that was Antediluvian 4:
              Genesis 4: 19 And Lamech taketh to himself two wives, the name of the one Adah, and the name of the second Zillah. 20 And Adah beareth Jabal, he hath been father of those inhabiting tents and purchased possessions; 21 and the name of his brother is Jubal, he hath been father of every one handling harp and organ. 22 And Zillah she also bare Tubal-Cain, an instructor of every artificer in brass and iron; and a sister of Tubal-Cain is Naamah.
              23 And Lamech saith to his wives: --`Adah and Zillah, hear my voice; Wives of Lamech, give ear to my saying: For a man I have slain for my wound, Even a young man for my hurt; 24 For sevenfold is required for Cain, And for Lamech seventy and sevenfold.'
              25 And Adam again knoweth his wife, and she beareth a son, and calleth his name Seth, `for God hath appointed for me another seed instead of Abel:' for Cain had slain him. 26 And to Seth, to him also a son hath been born, and he calleth his name Enos; then a beginning was made of preaching in the name of Jehovah.
              You see in order to have a strong arts civilization (by definition a leisure activity) the necessities of food, clothing and shelter must have been abundant. There were also cities,
              therefore this was NOT some cave men eking out a substance life style such as one sees in the Nat Geo Alaska-type of TV shows

2. We attack lies so others will see the truth; that is proof of our love for all cultists, not our hatred .

4. "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities. Voltaire

Comment

Let's put the garbage aside & get back to the question of AUTHORITY FOR BELIEVING THE KJVO MYTH. We see no KJVO has DARED try to answer that question!

Moderators, could you please direct all posters on this thread to stick to its theme, & the theme of the sub-forum?
                Last edited by roby3; 05-23-18, 03:23 AM.

Comment

Roby...it's in the Bible Questions and Discussions forum right here on Carm.
                  OK, I posted there.

Comment

Bump for KJVO responses

Comment

• STILL no KJVO responses. Am I surprised? Not hardly!

Comment

• Originally posted by roby3 View Post
                        Let's put the garbage aside & get back to the question of AUTHORITY FOR BELIEVING THE KJVO MYTH. We see no KJVO has DARED try to answer that question!

Moderators, could you please direct all posters on this thread to stick to its theme, & the theme of the sub-forum?
                        It was just a short derail. Sorry if you got upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by john t View Post

It was just a short derail. Sorry if you got upset.
                          No prob, John. this "Awanw" person keeps trying to get me to accept incest, which I absitively, posolutely WILL NOT DO!

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH...

The KJVOs try to get us to believe their man-made myth, which isn't found whatsoever in Scripture by the least quark of the smallest implication. As Scripture is a Christian's final authority on earth in all matters of faith/worship, the KJVO myth calls for a SECOND AUTHORITY to justify it. If any KJVO actually had such an authority, he/she woulda proclaimed it 50 years ago & would post it on billboards all over the world.

All other readers, please not the TOTAL LACKA RESPONSE by any KJVO in this thread! that should convince you the whole KJVO myth is false, & should be disregarded by all Christians!

Comment

No prob, John. this "Awanw" person keeps trying to get me to accept incest, which I absitively, posolutely WILL NOT DO!

MEANWHILE, BACK AT THE RANCH...

The KJVOs try to get us to believe their man-made myth, which isn't found whatsoever in Scripture by the least quark of the smallest implication. As Scripture is a Christian's final authority on earth in all matters of faith/worship, the KJVO myth calls for a SECOND AUTHORITY to justify it. If any KJVO actually had such an authority, he/she woulda proclaimed it 50 years ago & would post it on billboards all over the world.

All other readers, please not the TOTAL LACKA RESPONSE by any KJVO in this thread! that should convince you the whole KJVO myth is false, & should be disregarded by all Christians!
                            Perhaps you may want to look at this as a possible explanation https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/th...31#post5291131

I am taking a look at it from a different angle, and recognizing your concerns.

Comment

• Originally posted by john t View Post

Perhaps you may want to look at this as a possible explanation https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/th...31#post5291131

I am taking a look at it from a different angle, and recognizing your concerns.
                              Thanx, John, but in THIS thread, I'm sticking to the KJVO myth, as per the rules of the forum. And I still see NO KJVO responses to the OP!

Comment

There's one question a Freedom reader can ask any KJVO, & he/she will be stumped, stymied, stuttering, not DARE answering it CORRECTLY. That question is:

BY WHAT AUTHORITY do you believe and preach the KJVO myth???????????? It's not found in Scripture whatsoever, so it CANNOT be true!

The CORRECT answer completely quashes the KJVO myth! That answer is either NONE, or SOME OTHER PERSON'S AUTHORITY.

So, KJVOs, you have NO EXCUSE to believe or preach the KJVO myth!
                                The KJVO myth is a myth. I am surprised that people still assault the myth as if it is real. What scholars need to do instead is address points of doctrine which people sometimes refer to as KJVO. For example, some have said that the KJV supersedes the original language manuscripts as the new standard for forming all new translations. That is wrong, whether KJV supporters believe it or not. Others say they favor the KJV Bible over all other translations, and some critics call that KJVO. Whether KJVO or not there is nothing wrong with people favoring the KJV over other versions.

The term "KJVO" is a hodge-podge of ideas loosely gathered under the catch-all title. Saying an idea is wrong just because some people criticize it as supposedly being "KJVO false doctrine" is not proving an idea to be false doctrine. If the idea is wrong then Bible scholars do well to dismiss it with argument and reason instead of blind unsupported prejudice.
                                I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

Comment

Working...
                                X