Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The ONE QUESTION that stumps every KJVO! NEW version

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mod8
    started a topic The ONE QUESTION that stumps every KJVO! NEW version

The ONE QUESTION that stumps every KJVO! NEW version

The OLD will be closed, and this is the NEW will be here
    I am attempting to pick it up where the format went bonkers

06-01-18, 06:48 AM
    Originally posted by john t View Post
    It is you, who are creating diversions, and attempting to ignore facts. More to the point is that you are OBJECTIFYING us (by calling people INACCURATE and INFLAMMATORY names.)
    1. ZERO of us who do not hold your position are "against the KJV Bible". That is a misrepresentation of our position, and ZERO of us ever said that.
    You use the word "us" as though you and all the opponents of the KJV are on the same page in all aspects. I have not found that to be true.

Time and time again, we state that we are uniformly against KJV ONLYISM. You seem not to understand that distinction.

Marke
    Some oppose the KJV in opposition to KJVO. I oppose neither the KJV Bible nor those who believe the Bible is an excellent translation of the Word of God.

By not understanding that CRITICAL difference your posts muddy the waters and erroneously make fallacious and condescending statements like "The KJVO myth is a myth " https://forums.carm.org/vb5/forum/th...40#post5297140
    marke ]I was responding to a KJV critic who first called KJVO a myth

john t
    I could say more, but I'll not go there. My point remains proved that all of these are mere diversions to the FACTS. NEWER DISCOVERED and thus OLDER MANUSCRIPTS etc are now available when the Textus Receptus (Stephanus of 1550) was written. A refusal to admit that they exist is akin to believing in a flat earth.
    marke
    ​​​​​​​I do not agree with the assumption that little used manuscripts survived longer because they were "better."
    I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

• roby3
    replied
    Still, NO KJVO RESPONSE to the FACTS in the OP which effectively render the KJVO myth false!

Leave a comment:

• Trucker
    replied
    Originally posted by john t View Post
    Iprefer the KJV. I have studied translation issues for more than 40 years and am convinced the KJV is the best readily available English version in America today.
    No, it is more accurate to state that from what you post here, it is more accurate to state that you have only read those things that support your views, ignoring everything else.
    Or that anything contradicting presuppositions goes in one ear and out the other at warp speed.

Leave a comment:

• john t
    replied
    Originally posted by marke View Post

The Bible does not approve of any modern translation by name.
    The absurdity of that statement is so stunning that I am at a loss for analogies. Your statement essentially states that the Textus Receptus (aka Stephanus c 1500) should have foreseen the KJV of 1611 & 1758 or the ASV of 1901, or the NIV of 1976, etc

Christians must go to God for direction when seeking a good Bible translation.
    God has never stated that except perhaps in your imagination

Iprefer the KJV. I have studied translation issues for more than 40 years and am convinced the KJV is the best readily available English version in America today.
    No, it is more accurate to state that from what you post here, it is more accurate to state that you have only read those things that support your views, ignoring everything else.

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied
    Originally posted by roby3 View Post
    Still, NO KJVOs responding to this IMPORTANT FACT that makes their KJVO myth untrue - its TOTAL LACK of Scriptural support, even in the KJV itself!
    The Bible does not approve of any modern translation by name. Christians must go to God for direction when seeking a good Bible translation. I prefer the KJV. I have studied translation issues for more than 40 years and am convinced the KJV is the best readily available English version in America today.

Leave a comment:

• roby3
    replied
    Still, NO KJVOs responding to this IMPORTANT FACT that makes their KJVO myth untrue - its TOTAL LACK of Scriptural support, even in the KJV itself!

Leave a comment:

• roby3
    replied
    Still, NOT ONE KJVO response to the OP of this thread!

VERY TELLING!

Leave a comment:

• roby3
    replied
    There's still NO KJVO ANSWERS to the FACTS presented to them here, that the KJVO myth has NO SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT, & NO AUTHORITY FROM GOD to believe it! How long will you KJVOs remain BLINDED to those FACTS???????????????

Leave a comment:

• roby3
    replied
    here's MY lista likes/dislikes about the KJVO myth.

1.) Overall, the KJV's not a bad translation.
    2.) The KJV is the most-printed book in history, in any language.
    3.) It's good for verse memorization, as its English is not our everyday style.
    4.) The KJV has been used to lead millions to Jesus.

Dislikes:

1.) KJVO is a myth; it's man-made and has been PROVEN false.
    2.) It's false cuz there are quite a few other valid English Bible translations.
    3.) KJVO does not have one word of Scriptural support, even in the KJV itself.
    4.) The current KJVO myth has a cultic, dishonest origin.
    5.) The KJVO claim that the KJV is perfect, is false. Several goofs & booboos in the KJV are PROVEN.
    6.) Many KJVOs are so brainwashed that they won'y believe any evidence against their myth right under their noses.
    7.) The KJV is not in OUR English.
    8.) There's simply NO AUTHORITY FROM GOD to believe the KJVO myth.

Leave a comment:

• logos1560
    replied

Some people think I follow the Lord in my views and others think I am leaning unto my own opinions. I just need to please the Lord and not worry what men think about me.
    If you were not concerned or worried about what men think, why did you seem to boast that "some people think" that you follow the Lord in your views?

You fail to demonstrate that your non-scriptural opinions concerning the KJV are actually following the Lord.

Can those unidentified, claimed people demonstrate from the Scriptures that your unproven opinions concerning the KJV are following the Lord or are taught in the Scriptures?

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied
    Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

Some of your posts would indicate that at times you seek to please men, at least you yourself. You follow your own preconceived, non-scriptural opinions concerning the KJV.

Where do the Scriptures state or teach that your posts that when you choose to follow your own subjective, biased, non-scriptural opinions it would be actually pleasing the Lord?

Some people think I follow the Lord in my views and others think I am leaning unto my own opinions. I just need to please the Lord and not worry what men think about me.

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied
    Originally posted by roby3 View Post

So, you even believe the PROVEN GOOFS in the KJV, such as the oft-discussed "Easter" one? That's not too smart.
    I might be dumb for believing the arguments of those not finding fault with the word "Easter," but at least nobody can accuse me of being dumb for believing critics who do find fault with the word "Easter."

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied
    Originally posted by Glenlogie View Post
    Thanks for admitting that you should read only the KJV is guesswork on your part.
    What is your favorite version of the Bible and have you found flaws in it?

Leave a comment:

• logos1560
    replied
    . If you think that is wrong then I am sorry but I will continue to do what I believe pleases the Lord, not men.
    Some of your posts would indicate that at times you seek to please men, at least you yourself. You follow your own preconceived, non-scriptural opinions concerning the KJV.

Where do the Scriptures state or teach that your posts that when you choose to follow your own subjective, biased, non-scriptural opinions it would be actually pleasing the Lord?

Leave a comment:

• roby3
    replied

You are right. I have no idea what your point is about just measures/standards. I believe every word of the KJV Bible. I don't even read other Bibles. If you think that is wrong then I am sorry but I will continue to do what I believe pleases the Lord, not men.
    So, you even believe the PROVEN GOOFS in the KJV, such as the oft-discussed "Easter" one? That's not too smart.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X