Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Attacking

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Attacking

    Why when some people try to have a civilized conversation about something and one person seems to get the better of the other person in the conversation, the other person starts verbally attacking the person who appears to have gotten the better of that person in the conversation?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Apostle John View Post
    Why when some people try to have a civilized conversation about something and one person seems to get the better of the other person in the conversation, the other person starts verbally attacking the person who appears to have gotten the better of that person in the conversation?
    That's the way "Religion", and "Legalistic Theology" works. Folks will do anything to protect their precious "Vested Interest".

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Apostle John View Post
      Why when some people try to have a civilized conversation about something and one person seems to get the better of the other person in the conversation, the other person starts verbally attacking the person who appears to have gotten the better of that person in the conversation?
      This is the KJV only forum. It is not the Bible Translation forum. The fact is that one can expect attacks because it is an attack forum, IMO. I think these people should use any translation they choose. The only time I would resist their right is if they attempted to minister in our church function from those translation. They will not accept my position because at least two of the gentleman posters seems to have made berating KJV believers a life work. what would they do with themselves if they could not attack?
      I once asked this of a Calvinist evangelist;
      Is it possible for an elect person ever to die lost and is it possible for a non elect person ever to be saved and he answered "no" to both questions.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by JDS View Post

        This is the KJV only forum. It is not the Bible Translation forum. The fact is that one can expect attacks because it is an attack forum, IMO. I think these people should use any translation they choose. The only time I would resist their right is if they attempted to minister in our church function from those translation. They will not accept my position because at least two of the gentleman posters seems to have made berating KJV believers a life work. what would they do with themselves if they could not attack?
        I think everyone here is a KJV believer, except for its goofs & booboos. What we DON'T believe is the false, man-made KJVO MYTH that says the KJV is the ONLY valid English bible translation there is. This is a MYTH, invented outta thin air by MEN, with influence from Satan.

        Proof of Satanic influence for KJVO ? Its current edition is derived from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book by dishonest "authors" who legally plagiarized from that book, plus the fact the KJVO myth doesn't have one quark of SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT, & therefore no authority from GOD to be true. NO KJVO can deny those facts!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by roby3 View Post

          I think everyone here is a KJV believer, except for its goofs & booboos. What we DON'T believe is the false, man-made KJVO MYTH that says the KJV is the ONLY valid English bible translation there is. This is a MYTH, invented outta thin air by MEN, with influence from Satan.

          Proof of Satanic influence for KJVO ? Its current edition is derived from a CULT OFFICIAL'S book by dishonest "authors" who legally plagiarized from that book, plus the fact the KJVO myth doesn't have one quark of SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT, & therefore no authority from GOD to be true. NO KJVO can deny those facts!
          Even many opponents of KJVO think the KJV is a good translation. What very few opponents of KJVO believe, however, is that Christians can still read God's pure Word in a translation today, long after the original autographs have passed away.
          I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

          If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

          For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by marke View Post

            Even many opponents of KJVO think the KJV is a good translation. What very few opponents of KJVO believe, however, is that Christians can still read God's pure Word in a translation today, long after the original autographs have passed away.
            The KJV has been PROVEN to be not pure, No need to repeat some of its goofs & booboos which have been discussed here, & no KJVO can refute.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by roby3 View Post

              The KJV has been PROVEN to be not pure, No need to repeat some of its goofs & booboos which have been discussed here, & no KJVO can refute.
              You don't think you can read God's pure Word today, do you? You keep focusing on KJVO, but fail to realize that you provide no convincing argument for relying on any other supposedly better or more reliable source for the infallible written Word than the KJV Bible. Most critics of the KJV offer nothing in exchange for young Christians to read for the pure Word of God, and that is a shame.
              I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

              If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

              For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by marke View Post

                You don't think you can read God's pure Word today, do you?
                Is that not the same thing you have suggested in some of your very own statements where you say that you do not claim that the KJV is absolutely perfect and pure?

                Have you returned to your earlier extreme KJV-only claims which you claim that you no longer believe?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by marke View Post
                  You keep focusing on KJVO, but fail to realize that you provide no convincing argument for relying on any other supposedly better or more reliable source for the infallible written Word than the KJV Bible.
                  You do not apply your own assertion justly. You provide no convincing sound argument that the KJV is a better or more reliable Bible translation than every other English Bible.

                  You fail to demonstrate that you understand what constitutes convincing arguments since you seem to think that fallacies that are the basis for some of your own claims for the KJV are convincing arguments.

                  You dodge or avoid the truth that the KJV is an English Bible translation in the same sense as pre-1611 English Bibles such as the 1560 Geneva Bible and in the same sense as post-1611 English Bibles such as the NKJV.

                  The preserved Scriptures in the original languages from which the Geneva Bible, the KJV, and the NKJV is a better and more reliable source for the infallible written word since it is the source from which these Bible translations derive their secondary authority as Bible translations.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

                    Is that not the same thing you have suggested in some of your very own statements where you say that you do not claim that the KJV is absolutely perfect and pure?

                    Have you returned to your earlier extreme KJV-only claims which you claim that you no longer believe?
                    The KJV does not have to be perfectly pure for God's Word to remain perfectly pure. People could have read the Word of God in the actual originals and not have gotten perfect understanding of God's perfect Word. God gives perfect understanding of His perfect Word, not translators.
                    I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

                    If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

                    For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

                      You do not apply your own assertion justly. You provide no convincing sound argument that the KJV is a better or more reliable Bible translation than every other English Bible.

                      You fail to demonstrate that you understand what constitutes convincing arguments since you seem to think that fallacies that are the basis for some of your own claims for the KJV are convincing arguments.

                      You dodge or avoid the truth that the KJV is an English Bible translation in the same sense as pre-1611 English Bibles such as the 1560 Geneva Bible and in the same sense as post-1611 English Bibles such as the NKJV.

                      The preserved Scriptures in the original languages from which the Geneva Bible, the KJV, and the NKJV is a better and more reliable source for the infallible written word since it is the source from which these Bible translations derive their secondary authority as Bible translations.
                      You say the preserved Scriptures in the original languages is your source of purity in God's written Word today? What source should modern young Christians go to for the pure Word of God?
                      I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

                      If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

                      For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by marke View Post

                        The KJV does not have to be perfectly pure for God's Word to remain perfectly pure. People could have read the Word of God in the actual originals and not have gotten perfect understanding of God's perfect Word. God gives perfect understanding of His perfect Word, not translators.
                        Where do the Scriptures clearly teach your mystical claim that God gives you "perfect understanding" of God's perfect Word by your reading the KJV?

                        You could read the KJV and not have gotten perfect understanding of God's perfect word. You have not demonstrated that you have perfect understanding of God's perfect word.


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by marke View Post

                          You don't think you can read God's pure Word today, do you? You keep focusing on KJVO, but fail to realize that you provide no convincing argument for relying on any other supposedly better or more reliable source for the infallible written Word than the KJV Bible. Most critics of the KJV offer nothing in exchange for young Christians to read for the pure Word of God, and that is a shame.
                          Oh yes I DID. I said,"Any valid translation in his/her language". You CANNOT prove that statement wrong.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

                            Where do the Scriptures clearly teach your mystical claim that God gives you "perfect understanding" of God's perfect Word by your reading the KJV?

                            You could read the KJV and not have gotten perfect understanding of God's perfect word. You have not demonstrated that you have perfect understanding of God's perfect word.

                            You avoid the main point. Can modern young people read and believe every word of God and know that what they are reading is infallible truth?
                            I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

                            If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

                            For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by roby3 View Post

                              Oh yes I DID. I said,"Any valid translation in his/her language". You CANNOT prove that statement wrong.
                              If you believe young people can read the pure Word of God in "Any valid translation in his/her language" then you certify the KJV for those wishing to rely on the KJV.
                              Last edited by marke; 10-12-18, 11:51 AM.
                              I am not a NPB-Onlyist (No Perfect Bible Onlyist), nor a NA/UBS-Onlyist. Marke

                              If this book be not infallible, where shall we find infallibility? We have given up the Pope, for he has blundered often and terribly; but we shall not set up instead of him a horde of little popelings fresh from college. C. H. Spurgeon

                              For that Revised Version I have but little care as a general rule, holding it to be by no means an improvement upon our common Authorized Version. C.H. Spurgeon

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X