Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Don't be Bible EDIT get yourself a KJB 1611 today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaeger
    started a topic Don't be Bible EDIT get yourself a KJB 1611 today!

Don't be Bible EDIT get yourself a KJB 1611 today!

The Holy Bible has sustained generations for over 500 years, but beginning in 1825 false teachers crept into Churches, unawares, spreading Satan's seeds of lies to sew doubt on God's promise to preserve His words for all generations!

Then after a period of time, perverted Bible translations began to surface, as certain men took it upon themselves to change the words of God, even despite the warning given by God in the Bible per the consequences that will befall upon those that add to or take away from His Holy Words! The alterations made by these evil men have not only adversely affected people's abilty to read, learn and understand all that is entailed in the Bible, such as the Gospel of Salvation, End Times Prophecy, and so forth, but they have change it so much that it has become unrecognizable.

Take for example, the correct translation of 2Timothy 2:15 KJB

2Timothy 2:15 KJBStudy to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Now, we'll see how much it has been changed ... in fulfillment of 2Peter 3:16 KJB As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, which they that are unlearned and unstable wrest, as they do
    also the other scriptures, unto their own destruction.

New International Version
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth.

New Living Translation
    Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.

English Standard Version
    Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who has no need to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Berean Study Bible
    Make every effort to present yourself approved to God, an unashamed workman who accurately handles the word of truth.

Berean Literal Bible
    Hasten to present yourself approved to God, a workman not ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

New American Standard Bible
    Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth.

Christian Standard Bible
    Be diligent to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.

Contemporary English Version
    Do your best to win God's approval as a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed and who teaches only the true message.

Good News Translation
    Do your best to win full approval in God's sight, as a worker who is not ashamed of his work, one who correctly teaches the message of God's truth.

Holman Christian Standard Bible
    Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who doesn't need to be ashamed, correctly teaching the word of truth.

International Standard Version
    Do your best to present yourself to God as an approved worker who has nothing to be ashamed of, handling the word of truth with precision.

NET Bible
    Make every effort to present yourself before God as a proven worker who does not need to be ashamed, teaching the message of truth accurately.

New Heart English Bible
    Do your best to present yourself approved by God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, properly handling the word of truth.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English
    And take care of yourself, that you present yourself perfectly before God, a laborer without shame, who preaches the word of truth straightforwardly.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
    Do your best to present yourself to God as a tried-and-true worker who isn't ashamed to teach the word of truth correctly.

New American Standard 1977
    Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.

Jubilee Bible 2000
    Study to show thyself approved unto God, a workman that has nothing to be ashamed of, rightly dividing the word of truth.

King James 2000 Bible
    Study to show yourself approved unto God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

American King James Version
    Study to show yourself approved to God, a workman that needs not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

American Standard Version
    Give diligence to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, handling aright the word of truth.

Douay-Rheims Bible
    Carefully study to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly handling the word of truth.

Darby Bible Translation
    Strive diligently to present thyself approved to God, a workman that has not to be ashamed, cutting in a straight line the word of truth.

English Revised Version
    Give diligence to present thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, handling aright the word of truth.

Webster's Bible Translation
    Study to show thyself approved to God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Weymouth New Testament
    Earnestly seek to commend yourself to God as a servant who, because of his straightforward dealing with the word of truth, has no reason to feel any shame.

World English Bible
    Give diligence to present yourself approved by God, a workman who doesn't need to be ashamed, properly handling the Word of Truth.

Young's Literal Translation
    be diligent to present thyself approved to God -- a workman irreproachable, rightly dividing the word of the truth;

Last edited by 4Him; 01-14-19, 02:23 PM.

• Trucker
    replied
    Originally posted by marke View Post
    I think it is quite possible the translators of many modern versions did not understand the spiritual meanings of verses in which God used historical people and events to prophecy of future events.
    They certainly understand that Acts 12:4 is not about Easter. And that Isaiah 14 is not about Lucifer. And that Romans 3:4 does not say "God forbid". and so on and on ....

Sorry 'bout you.

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied
    Originally posted by Trucker View Post

You ignore my question and divert from it ... as usual.

Asking you to show us what in Isaiah 14 refers to Satan [note please ... I said SATAN!] is in your opinion speaking disrespectfully of the KJV Bible????

And you may be correct .... MAY BE. But let's put your quote from the KJV in context:

Now tell us,Marke, what is the context of v. 12? Lemme give you a little hint ... v.4!

And, again my unanswered question .... Specifically what in Isaiah 14 refers to Satan? Please show us the Scripture. Show us, Marke!! Also, as I have repeatedly pointed out and as Logos has recently shown you, the word lucifer note the lower case 'l"!] is a Latin word that referred to the star Venus when Venus appears appears as the morning star. The translators, for whatever their reason[s] chose to drop it straight out of the Vulgate [AFTER FIRST UPPER CASING THE "f"! into an English translation!! Here's a copy/paste straight from the Vulgate [red text added by poster for emphasis]:

In the Latin "lucifer" is not even a proper name! Satan was the accepted name for Satan long before and long after Isaiah, Marke!!! The underlying Hebrew will not support either Lucifer or Satan, Marke! You haven't got a Scriptural leg to stand on, but you're free to believe the moon is made out of green cheese if that's what melts your butter.
    I think it is quite possible the translators of many modern versions did not understand the spiritual meanings of verses in which God used historical people and events to prophecy of future events.

Leave a comment:

• Trucker
    replied
    Specifically what in Isaiah 14 refers to Satan? Please show us the Scripture.
    You have spoken disrespectfully of the KJV Bible, so let me quote Isaiah 14:13 from the MSG:
    You ignore my question and divert from it ... as usual.

Asking you to show us what in Isaiah 14 refers to Satan [note please ... I said SATAN!] is in your opinion speaking disrespectfully of the KJV Bible????

You said to yourself, "I'll climb to heaven. I'll set my throne over the stars of God. I'll run the assembly of angels that meets on sacred Mount Zaphon. I'll come to the top of the clouds. I'll take over as King of the Universe.

There may be some who think the reference is to a worldly politician of old, similar to someone like Hillary Clinton in modern America. That is not what I believe. I believe the reference is to Satan.
    And you may be correct .... MAY BE. But let's put your quote from the KJV in context:
    Israel's Remnant Taunts Babylon
    Isa 14:3 And it shall come to pass in the day that the LORD shall give thee rest from thy sorrow, and from thy fear, and from the hard bondage wherein thou wast made to serve,
    Isa 14:4 That thou shalt take up this proverb against the king of Babylon, and say, How hath the oppressor ceased! the golden city ceased!
    Isa 14:5 The LORD hath broken the staff of the wicked, and the sceptre of the rulers.
    Isa 14:6 He who smote the people in wrath with a continual stroke, he that ruled the nations in anger, is persecuted, and none hindereth.
    Isa 14:7 The whole earth is at rest, and is quiet: they break forth into singing.
    Isa 14:8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us.
    Isa 14:9 Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.
    Isa 14:10 All they shall speak and say unto thee, Art thou also become weak as we? art thou become like unto us?
    Isa 14:11 Thy pomp is brought down to the grave, and the noise of thy viols: the worm is spread under thee, and the worms cover thee.
    Isa 14:12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!
    Isa 14:13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north:
    Isa 14:14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
    Isa 14:15 Yet thou shalt be brought down to hell, to the sides of the pit.
    Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, and consider thee, saying, Is this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    Isa 14:17 That made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; that opened not the house of his prisoners?
    Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, even all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
    Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, and as the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
    Isa 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, and slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.
    Isa 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
    Isa 14:22 For I will rise up against them, saith the LORD of hosts, and cut off from Babylon the name, and remnant, and son, and nephew, saith the LORD.
    Isa 14:23 I will also make it a possession for the bittern, and pools of water: and I will sweep it with the besom of destruction, saith the LORD of hosts. [KJV]
    Now tell us,Marke, what is the context of v. 12? Lemme give you a little hint ... v.4!

And, again my unanswered question .... Specifically what in Isaiah 14 refers to Satan? Please show us the Scripture. Show us, Marke!! Also, as I have repeatedly pointed out and as Logos has recently shown you, the word lucifer note the lower case 'l"!] is a Latin word that referred to the star Venus when Venus appears appears as the morning star. The translators, for whatever their reason[s] chose to drop it straight out of the Vulgate [AFTER FIRST UPPER CASING THE "f"! into an English translation!! Here's a copy/paste straight from the Vulgate [red text added by poster for emphasis]:
    12 quomodo cecidisti de caelo lucifer qui mane oriebaris corruisti in terram qui vulnerabas gentes
    In the Latin "lucifer" is not even a proper name! Satan was the accepted name for Satan long before and long after Isaiah, Marke!!! The underlying Hebrew will not support either Lucifer or Satan, Marke! You haven't got a Scriptural leg to stand on, but you're free to believe the moon is made out of green cheese if that's what melts your butter.

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied

You have spoken disrespectfully of the KJV Bible, so let me quote Isaiah 14:13 from the MSG:

You said to yourself, "I'll climb to heaven. I'll set my throne over the stars of God. I'll run the assembly of angels that meets on sacred Mount Zaphon. I'll come to the top of the clouds. I'll take over as King of the Universe.

There may be some who think the reference is to a worldly politician of old, similar to someone like Hillary Clinton in modern America. That is not what I believe. I believe the reference is to Satan.

Leave a comment:

• Trucker
    replied
    The KJV refers to the devil as "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12. The CEV refers to the devil as "the bright morning star" in Isaiah 14:12. I think the KJV has it right and the CEV is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• logos1560
    replied
    If morning star is wrong, Lucifer would also be wrong since Lucifer is the Latin name of the morning star. Lucifer and morning star are actually synonyms.

The 1992 Roget's International Thesaurus listed as synonyms: "morning star, day star, Lucifer, Phosphor, Phosphorus" (p. 757).
    Rodale’s Synonym Finder listed the following as synonyms for morning star: “daystar, bright planet; Venus, Lucifer, Phosphor, Phosphorus” (p. 750).

The 1828 Webster's Dictionary defined daystar as following: "The morning star, Lucifer, Venus; the star which precedes the morning light." In her 1997-1998 catalogue, Gail Riplinger claimed that the 1828 Webster's Dictionary "defines words as they were used during the writing of the KJV 1611."

At the end of Isaiah 14, the 1549 edition of Matthew’s Bible has some notes that include these words: “Lucifer, the morning star, which he calleth the child of the morning, because it appeared only in the morning.”

The marginal note in the 1560 and 1599 editions of the Geneva Bible for this word included the following: "for the morning star that goeth before the sun is called Lucifer."

In a sermon, KJV translator Lancelot Andrewes referred to "St Peter's Lucifer in cordibus [daystar in your hearts]" (Hewison, Selected Writings, p. 112). An edition of the Latin Vulgate printed with the 1538 Coverdale’s English translation of its New Testament has “lucifer oriator in cordib” in its Latin text at 2 Peter 1:19 with its rendering in English as “the day star arise in your hearts”. Lancelot Andrewes evidently cited or used the Latin Vulgate’s word Lucifer in his sermon with the meaning “daystar.” Daystar is Old English for morning star.
    Last edited by logos1560; 03-24-19, 12:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied
    Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

You do not prove at all that the Bible translations that you accuse attempt to suggest at all that Jesus is the one being spoken of in Isaiah 14. That is merely a misunderstanding, misrepresentation, or false claim of KJV-only advocates.

You can choose to use selectively a fact while ignoring other facts and thus jump to bogus, wrong conclusions, but it does not mean that you are right to do so.
    The KJV refers to the devil as "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12. The CEV refers to the devil as "the bright morning star" in Isaiah 14:12. I think the KJV has it right and the CEV is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• logos1560
    replied

It does not matter what word whatever translation uses in Isaiah 14, if that translation suggests Jesus is the one being spoken of in that passage then that translation is wrong.
    You do not prove at all that the Bible translations that you accuse attempt to suggest at all that Jesus is the one being spoken of in Isaiah 14. That is merely a misunderstanding, misrepresentation, or false claim of KJV-only advocates.

You can choose to use selectively a fact while ignoring other facts and thus jump to bogus, wrong conclusions, but it does not mean that you are right to do so.

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied
    Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

You are not right and you fail to prove that you are right. You ignore and avoid a number of facts that would demonstrate that you jump to incorrect conclusions. You ignore and avoid how the meaning of the term Lucifer in the 1500's and 1600's
    You fail to prove the CEV tells the truth about the Bright and Morning Star.

At the end of Isaiah 14, the 1549 edition of Matthew’s Bible has some notes that include these words: “Lucifer, the morning star, which he calleth the child of the morning, because it appeared only in the morning.” The marginal note in the 1560 and 1599 editions of the Geneva Bible for this word included the following: "for the morning star that goeth before the sun is called Lucifer." These two notes from two pre-1611 English Bibles that are on the KJV-only view’s line of good Bibles provide clear credible evidence concerning the meaning of the word "Lucifer" in English in the 1500's. The 1657 English translation of the 1637 Dutch States-General Version and Dutch Annotations also indicated this meaning with its rendering "O morning-star" at Isaiah 14:12.
    In spite of what ancient texts and translations read, my KJV consistently calls nobody but Jesus the Bright and Morning Star and the CEV does not.

What did the KJV translators themselves mean by the choice of the word "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12? The 1611 KJV gives in its margin the literal meaning or acceptable alternative translation for "Lucifer" as "daystar." The KJV translators were aware of the marginal note in the Geneva Bible, and they would have recognized that their marginal note at this verse would have associated this meaning “daystar” or “morning star” with this rendering “Lucifer.“ D. A. Waite seemed to suggest that alternative translations in the marginal notes of the 1611 N. T. were “merely synonyms of words that could have been used rather than the ones chosen to put into the text itself” so would he say the same about the marginal notes of the 1611 O. T.?” (Fundamentalist Distortions, p. 18). In a sermon, KJV translator Lancelot Andrewes referred to "St Peter's Lucifer in cordibus [daystar in your hearts]" (Hewison, Selected Writings, p. 112). An edition of the Latin Vulgate printed with the 1538 Coverdale’s English translation of its New Testament has “lucifer oriator in cordib” in its Latin text at 2 Peter 1:19 with its rendering in English as “the day star arise in your hearts”. Lancelot Andrewes evidently cited or used the Latin Vulgate’s word Lucifer in his sermon with the meaning “daystar.” Daystar is Old English for morning star. A 1672 edition of the KJV has the following note at Isaiah 14:12: “for the morning-star that goeth before the sun is called Lucifer.” Thus, several credible sources from the 1500’s and 1600’s clearly establish how this word “Lucifer” was commonly used and understood in English in that time period.

Lucifer was the Latin name for the planet Venus when it appears as the morning star. The Liberty Annotated Study Bible confirmed that "the name Lucifer is actually the Latin designation for the morning star" (p. 1038). The 1968 Cassell's New Latin Dictionary indicated that the Latin word "lucifer" comes from two root words meaning "light-bearing, light-bringing" and that it would be translated into English as "Lucifer, the morning star, the planet Venus." According to the English-Latin section of this dictionary, the translation of "morning-star" in English is given as "lucifer" in Latin. The Oxford Latin Dictionary gave two definitions for lucifer: “light-bringing, light-bearing” and “the morning star” (p. 1045). The Oxford Dictionary of Word Histories affirmed that Lucifer is “a Latin word originally, meaning ’light-bringing, morning star” (p. 309). At its entry for day-star, John White listed “lucifer” as its meaning in Latin (Latin-English Dictionary, p. 100). For Lucifer, this definition is given: “the morning-star, the planet Venus” (p. 355).
    It does not matter what word whatever translation uses in Isaiah 14, if that translation suggests Jesus is the one being spoken of in that passage then that translation is wrong.

Leave a comment:

• logos1560
    replied

Let's take the reason I find versions like the CEV less accurate than the KJV. If I wanted to know who the "Bright and Morning Star" is according to the CEV Bible, I could find information in Rev. 22:16 and in Isa. 14:12. The problem is that one verse says Jesus is the Bright and Morning Star and the other passage says Satan, or Lucifer, is the Bright and Morning Star.

Am I right? Am I failing to prove I am right? I don't think so. I am just stating the facts which nobody can deny.
    You are not right and you fail to prove that you are right. You ignore and avoid a number of facts that would demonstrate that you jump to incorrect conclusions. You ignore and avoid how the meaning of the term Lucifer in the 1500's and 1600's

At the end of Isaiah 14, the 1549 edition of Matthew’s Bible has some notes that include these words: “Lucifer, the morning star, which he calleth the child of the morning, because it appeared only in the morning.” The marginal note in the 1560 and 1599 editions of the Geneva Bible for this word included the following: "for the morning star that goeth before the sun is called Lucifer." These two notes from two pre-1611 English Bibles that are on the KJV-only view’s line of good Bibles provide clear credible evidence concerning the meaning of the word "Lucifer" in English in the 1500's. The 1657 English translation of the 1637 Dutch States-General Version and Dutch Annotations also indicated this meaning with its rendering "O morning-star" at Isaiah 14:12.

What did the KJV translators themselves mean by the choice of the word "Lucifer" in Isaiah 14:12? The 1611 KJV gives in its margin the literal meaning or acceptable alternative translation for "Lucifer" as "daystar." The KJV translators were aware of the marginal note in the Geneva Bible, and they would have recognized that their marginal note at this verse would have associated this meaning “daystar” or “morning star” with this rendering “Lucifer.“ D. A. Waite seemed to suggest that alternative translations in the marginal notes of the 1611 N. T. were “merely synonyms of words that could have been used rather than the ones chosen to put into the text itself” so would he say the same about the marginal notes of the 1611 O. T.?” (Fundamentalist Distortions, p. 18). In a sermon, KJV translator Lancelot Andrewes referred to "St Peter's Lucifer in cordibus [daystar in your hearts]" (Hewison, Selected Writings, p. 112). An edition of the Latin Vulgate printed with the 1538 Coverdale’s English translation of its New Testament has “lucifer oriator in cordib” in its Latin text at 2 Peter 1:19 with its rendering in English as “the day star arise in your hearts”. Lancelot Andrewes evidently cited or used the Latin Vulgate’s word Lucifer in his sermon with the meaning “daystar.” Daystar is Old English for morning star. A 1672 edition of the KJV has the following note at Isaiah 14:12: “for the morning-star that goeth before the sun is called Lucifer.” Thus, several credible sources from the 1500’s and 1600’s clearly establish how this word “Lucifer” was commonly used and understood in English in that time period.

Lucifer was the Latin name for the planet Venus when it appears as the morning star. The Liberty Annotated Study Bible confirmed that "the name Lucifer is actually the Latin designation for the morning star" (p. 1038). The 1968 Cassell's New Latin Dictionary indicated that the Latin word "lucifer" comes from two root words meaning "light-bearing, light-bringing" and that it would be translated into English as "Lucifer, the morning star, the planet Venus." According to the English-Latin section of this dictionary, the translation of "morning-star" in English is given as "lucifer" in Latin. The Oxford Latin Dictionary gave two definitions for lucifer: “light-bringing, light-bearing” and “the morning star” (p. 1045). The Oxford Dictionary of Word Histories affirmed that Lucifer is “a Latin word originally, meaning ’light-bringing, morning star” (p. 309). At its entry for day-star, John White listed “lucifer” as its meaning in Latin (Latin-English Dictionary, p. 100). For Lucifer, this definition is given: “the morning-star, the planet Venus” (p. 355).

Leave a comment:

• Trucker
    replied
    Let's take the reason I find versions like the CEV less accurate than the KJV. If I wanted to know who the "Bright and Morning Star" is according to the CEV Bible, I could find information in Rev. 22:16 and in Isa. 14:12. The problem is that one verse says Jesus is the Bright and Morning Star and the other passage says Satan, or Lucifer, is the Bright and Morning Star..
    But if one reads Isaiah 14:12 IN CONTEXT ........

Leave a comment:

• Trucker
    replied
    Is that also the reason you are so careful not to be specific about what it is you like or don't like about King James ONLYISM?

Is that also why trying to get specific answers out of you is like trying to nail jello to a wall?
    I do not like the way the ERV Bible reports the birth of Jesus. In Matthew 1:23 the versions says the Lord Jesus will be born of a virgin according to Old Testament prophecy, but in the Old Testament prophecy (Isaiah 7:14) the version says "young woman" and not "virgin." I favor the way the KJV says "virgin" in both verses. I think the devil causes people to think Mary was not a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus, and the bad translation in the ERV is helping the devil slander Jesus.
    On the one hand I can understand your emotional attachment to the word "virgin" here. On the other hand, the underlying Hebrew of Isaiah 7:14 is quite correctly translated as meaning either a young unmarried female or as "virgin". . Only hundreds of years later is it obvious that in the case of Isaiah 7:14 that the Isaiah passage actually does mean virgin. Hind sight can be a great thing. But the Jew reading the passage at the time of Isaiah would have had no way of knowing what Matthew knew when Matthew wrote.

Also, if one is to be objective here the issue of inspiration has to be taken into consideration. If God had wished to avoid any possibility of controversy here He could have inspired a different Hebrew word here ..." beṯûlāh " instead of " ‛almāh:". But in His infinite wisdom He didn't.

However, here the issue is King James ONLYISM and nothing in Isaiah 7:14 does anything to either prove or disprove the man made doctrine known as King James ONLYISM so Isaiah 7:14 us really irrelevant to the present discussion. But I suppose it would serve as a great diversion.

Leave a comment:

• marke
    replied

Is that also the reason you are so careful not to be specific about what it is you like or don't like about King James ONLYISM?

Is that also why trying to get specific answers out of you is like trying to nail jello to a wall?

///
    I do not like the way the ERV Bible reports the birth of Jesus. In Matthew 1:23 the versions says the Lord Jesus will be born of a virgin according to Old Testament prophecy, but in the Old Testament prophecy (Isaiah 7:14) the version says "young woman" and not "virgin." I favor the way the KJV says "virgin" in both verses. I think the devil causes people to think Mary was not a virgin when she gave birth to Jesus, and the bad translation in the ERV is helping the devil slander Jesus.

Leave a comment:

• Trucker
    replied
    Hey! Let's do! King James ONLYISM is a man made doctrine that cannot be supported with Scripture, with logic, or historical facts!
    Which is why I have never been interested in supporting those opinions I do not believe are right.hat.

///

Leave a comment:

Working...
X