Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The #1 problem with KJVOism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The #1 problem with KJVOism

The #1 problem with KJVOism is...... PRIDE.

The KJVOist have been preaching their demonstrably error prone doctrine for decades. The same people that cling to this demonstrably error prone translation can't afford to admit they were wrong. If they admit they were wrong, then they would have to admit they are NOT.... "God's men" endowed with divine authority and perfection.

KJVOist LOVE when Proverbs 3:34 is REMOVED from their Bible.

Pro 3:34 The Lord resists the proud; but he gives grace to the humble.

KJVOist LOVE when they can avoid the tyranny of their king.

Isa 49:25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the tyrant shall be delivered

Thank God America was delivered from the tyranny of foolish kings such as James.
    Last edited by praise_yeshua; 01-28-19, 12:42 PM.

Would that mean that non-KJVO will not submit to God's inspired word?
    Luke 19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
    1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

A great deal of pride or arrogance is displayed in typical human, non-scriptural KJV-only reasoning.

Perhaps KJV-only advocates show that they sometimes do not submit to a consistent, just application of clear scriptural truths presented in God's inspired word.

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
        Luke 19:14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We will not have this man to reign over us.
        Are you seriously trying to say that Luke 19:14 is talking about king James?

I have no King but Jesus. I am grateful that through the Grace of God America was able to throw off the chains of British tyranny. I don't need a relic from such tyranny to know the Scriptures.

Comment

1Sa 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed to the LORD.
          1Sa 8:7 And the LORD said to Samuel, Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them.ESV

Have you rejected the rule of God for your king James?

Comment

Originally posted by praise_yeshua View Post

1Sa 8:6 But the thing displeased Samuel when they said, Give us a king to judge us. And Samuel prayed to the LORD.
            1Sa 8:7 And the LORD said to Samuel, Obey the voice of the people in all that they say to you, for they have not rejected you, but they have rejected me from being king over them.ESV

Have you rejected the rule of God for your king James?

Are you seriously trying to say that Luke 19:14 is talking about king James?

I have no King but Jesus.
            Have you rejected the inspired word of God for the words of the Kings of kings who may have or not have said?

Comment

Have you rejected the inspired word of God for the words of the Kings of kings who may have or not have said?
              I reject the KJV. I certain don't reject the Scriptures. I don't need the KJV to know the "Words of God".

Now answer my questions? Who is your king? Why do you promote a murderous tyrant?

Jesus spoke long before a murderous drunken tyrant killed your brothers and sisters in Christ and produced his own private interpretation of the Scriptures that carries his name.

Show me a KJV. Whose likeness and inscription does it have? They said, King James.
              He said to them, Then render to King James the things that are King James, and to God the things that are God's.

Comment

I reject the KJV. I certain don't reject the Scriptures. I don't need the KJV to know the "Words of God".
                Do you reject:
                Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
                1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.

Comment

Do you reject:
                  Acts 8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.
                  1John 5:7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one.
                  Here's the nub of the real issue, Peanut: Do you really want to know to the best of your ability what God really said?

Or do you only wish to know what the translators in 1611 knew of what God said???

Your error is in that you elevate the King James Bible into being something it never was, is not now, and never will be.

So what is the manuscript evidence for Acts 8:37 and 1Jn 5:7 ... and before you answer remember the translators themselves asserted that the standard of reference was the original language manuscripts .... NOT THE KJV!!
                  Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

Do you reject:
                    What does that have to do with what I asked? I asked specific questions that you're ignoring.

By the way, I don't have to read the KJV to know those verses.

Comment

What does that have to do with what I asked? I asked specific questions that you're ignoring.
                      KJB, remember; not politics of a king of a country.

By the way, I don't have to read the KJV to know those verses.
                      BTW, I asked if you reject those verses, not if you are aware if them.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker View Post

Here's the nub of the real issue, Peanut: Do you really want to know to the best of your ability what God really said?

Or do you only wish to know what the translators in 1611 knew of what God said???

Your error is in that you elevate the King James Bible into being something it never was, is not now, and never will be.

So what is the manuscript evidence for Acts 8:37 and 1Jn 5:7 ... and before you answer remember the translators themselves asserted that the standard of reference was the original language manuscripts .... NOT THE KJV!!
                        Are you stating there existed no originals containing Acts 8:37 and 1Jn 5:7?

Comment

Are you stating there existed no originals containing Acts 8:37 and 1Jn 5:7?
                          Is that what I said?

I did say the KJVOs try to make the KJV something it never was, is not now, and never will be. The KJV is not the standard of reference the KJVOs would have us think it is. Never will be.
                          Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

Is that what I said?

I did say the KJVOs try to make the KJV something it never was, is not now, and never will be. The KJV is not the standard of reference the KJVOs would have us think it is. Never will be.
                            Are Acts 8:37 and 1Jn 5:7 the inspired preserved words of God?

Comment

Are Acts 8:37 and 1Jn 5:7 the inspired preserved words of God?
                              Do you prove your question to be valid or is it merely a diversionary question to avoid proving your own KJV-only opinions to be true and scriptural?

Do you merely assume the premises of your question to be true instead of actually proving them to be true?

You have not demonstrated that the textual criticism decisions, Bible-revision decisions, and translation decisions of an exclusive group of Church of England priests/critics in 1611 should be assumed to be directly inspired of God.

By the use of human assumptions based on use of fallacies, do you try to claim that the words of the KJV are inspired?

Do you try to claim that the 1611 KJV has no words added by men even though the makers of the KJV acknowledged that they added many words for which they had no inspired original-language words of Scripture?

Do you try to hide behind your question instead of presenting any positive, clear, consistent, sound, just, true, scriptural case for your own KJV-only claims?

Comment

Working...
                              X