Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The #1 problem with KJVOism

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• praise_yeshua
    started a topic The #1 problem with KJVOism

The #1 problem with KJVOism

The #1 problem with KJVOism is...... PRIDE.

The KJVOist have been preaching their demonstrably error prone doctrine for decades. The same people that cling to this demonstrably error prone translation can't afford to admit they were wrong. If they admit they were wrong, then they would have to admit they are NOT.... "God's men" endowed with divine authority and perfection.

KJVOist LOVE when Proverbs 3:34 is REMOVED from their Bible.

Pro 3:34 The Lord resists the proud; but he gives grace to the humble.

KJVOist LOVE when they can avoid the tyranny of their king.

Isa 49:25 But thus saith the LORD, Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the tyrant shall be delivered

Thank God America was delivered from the tyranny of foolish kings such as James.
    Last edited by praise_yeshua; 01-28-19, 12:42 PM.

• Glenlogie
    replied
    Originally posted by JDS View Post

How many is several? Quote five.

You have not need to pretend to be a victim when I did not say that you directly did it. In addition, you only picked out half of what I said and ignored the second half about questioning the doctrinal soundness.

It is not wrong to test the doctrinal soundness or to be tested yourself. The standard is the scriptures, taken in context. You claim that God has only presented his record to the world in the Hebrew, the Greek, and the Aramaic. Prove it.

The poster you have quoted has never engaged in debate and and never addresses the topic of the threads. He does not articulate a reason for his disagreements.Try again.

The meaning of scripture dictates the context. Not the reverse as you often do.

Leave a comment:

• JDS
    replied
    Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

My statement about KJV-only advocates was accurate and correct. It was not a false claim. My accurate statement was: "KJV-only advocates do not demonstrate a consistent, sound practice of Christian liberty when they will question the salvation and doctrinal soundness of any believers who disagree with unproven KJV-only claims." Several KJV-only posters at this forum have questioned the salvation and doctrinal soundness of believers who disagree with unproven KJV-only claims.
    How many is several? Quote five.

You have not need to pretend to be a victim when I did not say that you directly did it. In addition, you only picked out half of what I said and ignored the second half about questioning the doctrinal soundness.

It is not wrong to test the doctrinal soundness or to be tested yourself. The standard is the scriptures, taken in context. You claim that God has only presented his record to the world in the Hebrew, the Greek, and the Aramaic. Prove it.

Another poster at this forum did understand you to be suggesting what you say that you have never done.
    The poster you have quoted has never engaged in debate and and never addresses the topic of the threads. He does not articulate a reason for his disagreements.Try again.

Leave a comment:

• praise_yeshua
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

SO Once again a TOTAL FAILURE to supply any examples where the KJV is inaccurate in any substantive fashion. We already know about the horses and chariots in Kings/Chronicles where the errors of FACT are plentiful, but I'm speaking of THINGS THAT MATTER.
    Sure. Keep believing that. There is plenty of substantive issues with the KJV. Plenty. I'll keep pointing them out. I'll just leave you out of my conversations. You can have the KJV and everything that comes with it. Enjoy.

Leave a comment:

• logos1560
    replied

This is a false claim against me. I have never made KJV only a test of salvation. Maybe some extremists do but most believers do not.
    My statement about KJV-only advocates was accurate and correct. It was not a false claim. My accurate statement was: "KJV-only advocates do not demonstrate a consistent, sound practice of Christian liberty when they will question the salvation and doctrinal soundness of any believers who disagree with unproven KJV-only claims." Several KJV-only posters at this forum have questioned the salvation and doctrinal soundness of believers who disagree with unproven KJV-only claims.

Another poster at this forum did understand you to be suggesting what you say that you have never done.

Originally posted by Glenlogie View Post

How do you know that your interpretation of scripture is the correct one? You appear to doubt the salvation of anyone who does believe exactly what you believe?

Leave a comment:

• Bob Carabbio
    replied
    Originally posted by praise_yeshua View Post

No one but you believes this Bob. Your belief defies reality.

To you Bob. To you. You are the only one saying they say the same thing. Even the KJVOist here recognize they are different. Substantial different.

Your brand of KJV defense is a distinction without a difference. You just don't want to appear to the be unreasonable. Your answer for everything is "they all say the same thing". Leave my KJV alone..... The "LEAVE MY KJV ALONE".... is KJVOism.

Edit per mod. In Christ, we are all to be the same. The all have the same beliefs. At every level and at every touch point, we are pushed to be the same.

KJVOists love being unique. Enjoy.
    SO Once again a TOTAL FAILURE to supply any examples where the KJV is inaccurate in any substantive fashion. We already know about the horses and chariots in Kings/Chronicles where the errors of FACT are plentiful, but I'm speaking of THINGS THAT MATTER.
    Last edited by Mod20; 04-07-19, 11:59 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Trucker
    replied
    Originally posted by JDS
    Originally posted by Trucker
    Personal innuendos, bloviations, and such snipped ...

When I see King James ONLYISM justified with and by Scripture.

When I see the parts I have underlined and in bold text in this statement of belief justified with/by Scripture:

The misapplied Scripture quotes do not in any way or by any stretch of the imagination justify the preceding claims for the KJV. All Scripture as inspired by God is not found perfectly preserved today in the Authorized Version King James Bible. Thus the Authorized Version King James Bible is NOT the final authority in all matters of faith and practice
    How does this cause you such angst when the quote begins "we believe? .....
    It doesn't. But your comment does show an attempt to personalize and divert instead of just addressing the issues you have been presented,

Originally posted by JDS
    ..... when the quote begins "we believe?" This has nothing to do with you.
    But it does has to do with teaching/preaching of, and the belief in, a false, man made, un-Scriptural doctrine which you have been asked to justify.

Quote box removed per mod

No. This is a forum plainly devoted to a discussion of King James ONLYISM. The quoted statement of belief has everything to do with King James ONLYISM. Asking a King James ONLYIST to justify his belief in and attempts to defend the man made doctrine known as King James ONLYISM is hardly bullying. No one tried to drag you in here. If you're not here to discuss King James ONLYISM then why are you here? The statement of belief makes false claims and then errs more by implying justification of the false claims by referencing Scripture that does not justify the preceding false claims in any way!
    Last edited by Mod20; 04-07-19, 11:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Glenlogie
    replied
    Quote removed.

Do you believe that Christians should be silent when false doctrine is being taught. You call that bullying?
    Last edited by Mod20; 04-07-19, 11:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• roby3
    replied
    Still, JDS, you have NOT tried to deal with the FACT that the KJVO myth has no Scriptural support, a fact which automatically renders the KJVO myth false.

Leave a comment:

• Trucker
    replied
    Personal innuendos, bloviations, and such snipped ...

Originally posted by Trucker

All we ask it to be shown Scripture that would validate King James ONLYISM.
    Let's consider for a moment that what you say is true. When will you be convinced of that fact and let it drop?
    When I see King James ONLYISM justified with and by Scripture.

When I see the parts I have underlined and in bold text in this statement of belief justified with/by Scripture:
    We believe all scripture is given by inspiration of God and is found perfectly preserved today in the Authorized Version King James Bible. This Bible is the final authority in all matters of faith and practice. Psalm 12:6-7; 2 Timothy 3:16..
    The misapplied Scripture quotes do not in any way or by any stretch of the imagination justify the preceding claims for the KJV. All Scripture as inspired by God is not found perfectly preserved today in the Authorized Version King James Bible. Thus the Authorized Version King James Bible is NOT the final authority in all matters of faith and practice.

Leave a comment:

• Glenlogie
    replied
    Quote box removed.

This is a discussion forum and I post to advance discussion. I admit I sm to the point snd donot flood my posts with excess verbiage. I go make comments that attempt to get to the root of the discussion avoiding the msny rabbit trails that find throw out
    Last edited by Mod20; 04-07-19, 11:44 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JDS
    replied
    Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

KJV-only advocates do not demonstrate a consistent, sound practice of Christian liberty when they will question the salvation and doctrinal soundness of any believers who disagree with unproven KJV-only claims.

It seems KJV-only advocates may appeal to Christian liberty as an excuse for their human, non-scriptural KJV-only reasoning or for their failure to present a positive, clear, consistent, sound, scriptural case for their KJV-only opinions.

Those believers who disagree with a modern, man-made KJV-only view show that they do believe in Christian liberty in contrast to your allegation that they do not.
    Edit per mod.

KJV-only advocates do not demonstrate a consistent, sound practice of Christian liberty when they will question the salvation and doctrinal soundness of any believers who disagree with unproven KJV-only claims.
    This is a false claim against me. I have never made KJV only a test of salvation. Maybe some extremists do but most believers do not. Hardly anyone with a Christian testimony says they were saved by reading a bible. God has chosen the foolishness of preaching to save them which believe. Preachers who have been saved by believing God are able to lead lost men to salvation. Men who believe God then must determine what he said and where it is found. If they are fooled by false preachers about the word of God then they may loose their rewards but they will never loose their salvation because it was not the KJV bible that gave it to them.
    Last edited by Mod20; 04-07-19, 11:40 PM.

Leave a comment:

• praise_yeshua
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

That's because all your so-called "examples" so far DO say the same thing, but not necessarily with the same words.
    No one but you believes this Bob. Your belief defies reality.

You've never presented an IOTA of evidence that a person would be led seriously astray by the KJV.
    To you Bob. To you. You are the only one saying they say the same thing. Even the KJVOist here recognize they are different. Substantial different.

And I'm NOT KJVO, because that foolishness is just IGNORANT.
    Your brand of KJV defense is a distinction without a difference. You just don't want to appear to the be unreasonable. Your answer for everything is "they all say the same thing". Leave my KJV alone..... The "LEAVE MY KJV ALONE".... is KJVOism.

WOW!!! I'm TOTALLY UNIQUE!!!!! What a compliment!! thanks a million.
    Edit per mod

KJVOists love being unique. Enjoy.
    Last edited by Mod20; 04-07-19, 11:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Glenlogie
    replied
    Quote box removed.

Alll this from someone who cast doubts upon the salvation of those who are not kjvo
    Last edited by Mod20; 04-07-19, 11:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• JDS
    replied
    Originally posted by Trucker View Post

First off, we note that you immediately [and as usual] ignore my relevant and elementary challenge to you and then go off on a tangent..

Asking someone to defend their stated herterodox belief[s], their misquoting of Scripture, and their open as well as subtle preaching of a false, man made doctrine [King James ONLYISM happens to be a historical Christian obsession.
    Edit by mod and some, like Marke, who have only a strong preference for it.INSULTS in violation of the rules.

Then why do you keep trying to discredit my comments? Or my Christianity? My honestly? And so on.
    A better question is why wouldn't I given your presentation of yourself here?

I don't. I doubt that you even think I feel threatened by you or by King James ONLYISM, JD. King James ONLYISM is a false man made doctrine that cannot e supported with Scripture, with logic, or with historical facts, JD. Opposing the false doctrine and those who teach it is a legitimate Christian activity, JD.
    Christian liberty, Trucker. I told you that Deleted by mod. These passages deals with the subject and instructs us. Edit per mod in the Romans 14 scenario. Now, if I were making KJV only a test of spirituality, which I never have, then you would have a gripe.Article two that you refer two is what we believe. It is never our intention of forcing it on you though you comment as if we do.

All we ask it to be shown Scripture that would validate King James ONLYISM. The fact that you haven't been able to show us any in all the years you've been posting here tells us a lot about King James ONLISM and you. And it ought to be telling you something too! So why doesn't it?

Let's consider for a moment that what you say is true. Edit per mod. When will you be convinced of that fact and let it drop? Will you have ever made your point sufficiently?
    Edit per mod.

Last edited by Mod20; 04-07-19, 11:34 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X