Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

(Novum Testamentum Graece) Is Corrupt Fruit, From Corrupt Trees!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by logos1560 View Post

Do you apply this verse consistently and justly?

You ignore the fact that the KJV lacks witnesses.

There are readings added to the KJV's underlying text that are not found in any known Greek NT manuscripts (the readings were added as conjectures by Erasmus or Beza or the readings were translated from an edition of the Latin Vulgate of Jerome).

Do you support a KJV reading that has zero original-language manuscript witnesses to support it?
    The two or three witnesses apply to God's inspired words, not to various copies of manuscripts.
    1Peter 1:18,19 Redeemed ... with the precious blood of Christ

Comment

Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post

2Cor 13:1 ... In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.
      Originally posted by PeanutGallery View Post
      The two or three witnesses apply to God's inspired words, not to various copies of manuscripts.
      Where is what you assert above stated in 2 Corinthians 13:1?
      Do you show that you may misinterpret or apply unjustly the verse 2 Corinthians 13:1?

It is a quotation based on Old Testament verses such as Deuteronomy 19:15

Deut. 19:15
      One witness shall not rise up against any man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth; at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.

Deut. 17:6
      At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death, but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death.

PeanutGallery, do you merely try to assume by fallacies that the 1611 KJV is "God's inspired words" since you do not demonstrate from God's inspired words that they teach your KJV-only opinions?

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker;n580***9

Three of your alleged missing verses are not missing at all, sir. They are found where they belong!

Matthew 17:21 is found in Mark 9:29

Mathew 18:11 is found in Luke 19:10

Romans 6:24 is found at Romans 6:20

The texual support for Acts 8:37 is so lacking that the verse is also left out of some of the modern English Bibles translated from the MT!

You have not validated King James ONLYISM at all, sir. You still have the errors in the KJV that are corrected in and by great modern English translations. Plus, and this is really critical, YOU HAVE NOT QUOTED EVEN ONE SCRIPTURE THAT VALIDATES THE MAN MADE KING JAMES ONLY DOCTRINE!!

NOT EVEN ONE!!
        As I stated, you didn't find the verses in your NIV, thanks for Proving the point.

My good ole King James has em all, as identified below

Matthew 17:21, 18:11, Acts 8:37, Romans 16:24 in my "Main Body Of Text" KJV

Comment

Originally posted by Truth7t7 View Post

As I stated, you didn't find the verses in your NIV, thanks for Proving the point.

http://www.bible-researcher.com/kjvpref.html

Here is a quote from the 1611 KJV Translators ...

"They that are wise, had rather have their judgments at liberty in differences of readings, than to be captivated to one, when it may be the other"

That was found under the section called
          Reasons Moving Us To Set Diversity of Senses in the Margin, where there is Great Probability for Each

Comment

But yer gool ole King james does NOT have ONE WORD OF SCRIPTURAL SUPPORT for the KJVO myth. Therefore the KJVO doctrine is FALSE.

Comment

Originally posted by Conan View Post

http://www.bible-researcher.com/kjvpref.html

Here is a quote from the 1611 KJV Translators ...

"They that are wise, had rather have their judgments at liberty in differences of readings, than to be captivated to one, when it may be the other"

That was found under the section called
              Reasons Moving Us To Set Diversity of Senses in the Margin, where there is Great Probability for Each
              This quote sums up the translators view of their finished work :

the same will shine as gold more brightly, being rubbed and polished
              No conviction,No conversion
              John 16:8
              And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

” the same will shine as gold more brightly, being rubbed and polished “
                By having a reading in the main body and a different reading in the margin? Yay, this be true!

"They that are wise, had rather have their judgments at liberty in differences of readings, than to be captivated to one, when it may be the other."

Comment

Originally posted by Bigboy View Post

the same will shine as gold more brightly, being rubbed and polished
                  You do not demonstrate that you present the translators' actual view of Bible translations accurately and in context. You do not demonstrate that they would not say the same thing about other English Bible translations. You ignore or dodge other of their statements that you contradict your attempt to misrepresent and distort their view of Bible translations. Your biased KJV-only view would incorrectly attempt to make the KJV translators contradict themselves.

In their dedication of their work to King James, the KJV translators stated: "there should be one more exact translation of the holy Scriptures into the English tongue" which points out that they considered their translation to be "one more exact translation" in the same sense as the Geneva Bible or the Bishops' Bible.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker

Three of your alleged missing verses are not missing at all, sir. They are found where they belong!

The texual support for Acts 8:37 is so lacking that the verse is also left out of some of the modern English Bibles translated from the MT!

You have not validated King James ONLYISM at all, sir. You still have the errors in the KJV that are corrected in and by great modern English translations. Plus, and this is really critical, YOU HAVE NOT QUOTED EVEN ONE SCRIPTURE THAT VALIDATES THE MAN MADE KING JAMES ONLY DOCTRINE!!

NOT EVEN ONE!!

But by what Scriptural authority do you make the KJV the standard of reference??? Without the Scripture support for King James ONLYISM it is you who makes my point, sir. It is the original language manuscripts that are the standard of reference, sir

In other words, the original language manuscripts do not support the KJV in the specific places you listed.

Joh 8:36 So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed. [NIV]

Comment

To borrow a quote?

[/B]
                      See my previous answer.

Comment

The KJV adds to the Scriptures. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Trucker;n580***9

[B]Three of your alleged missing verses are not missing at all, sir. They are found where they belong!

[/COLOR=#0000FF][B]

A man got his right hand paralyzed through vaccination. Seeing he cannot use his right hand anymore said to the doctor:
                          Patient: Look at what you have done to me, do you know i can sue you for this?
                          Doctor: There is no problem my friend stop complaining, your right hand is found at your left hand.
                          Last edited by J316; 02-04-19, 05:07 PM.
                          The Scripture CANNOT be broken. Today, we have in our hands the unbroken inerrant pure Word of God. God hates liars!!

If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken; - Joh 10:35

Comment

Originally posted by praise_yeshua View Post

The KJV adds to the Scriptures. Thanks for pointing that out.
                            You mean those 72 professing Christian men who worked on the 1611 KJV were wrong 400 years ago, we have been lied to all along?

Only to have Adulterers Kurt, Barbara, and homosexual union supporter Carlo Martini, create the true Greek translation (Novum Testamentum Graece) in presenting the world with God's truth, that removes the verses in question below?

Matthew 7:18KJV
                            A good tree cannot bring forth evil fruit, neither can a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit.
                            Last edited by Truth7t7; 02-04-19, 07:57 PM.

Comment

You mean those 72 professing Christian men who worked on the 1611 KJV were wrong 400 years ago, we have been lied to all along?
                              Whenever they bowed neck to Rome, they were wrong.

Only to have Adulterers Kurt, Barbara,
                              You do not know who or what they are. You are giving false witness against them. You do not have the right to lie against and slander them. They were better people than you are.

and homosexual union supporter Carlo Maria Martini
                              You have no credibility whatsoever. This person could read biblical languages. He was far more intelligent than you. Try and come up to his level for a change.

in providing the true Greek translation (Novum Testamentum Graece) in presenting the world with God's truth, that removes the verses in question?

Tell us what is the evidence for and against. List all Greek manuscripts and early versions for and against these verses. The Alands could do it. Can you? Mr. Martini could. Can you give testimony like the others? Or is your testimony nothing but lies and slander?

Comment

Originally posted by Conan View Post
                                You do not know who or what they are. You are giving false witness against them. You do not have the right to lie against and slander them. They were better people than you are.
                                No lies, slander, or false witness just the "Truth"

Kurt Aland divorced his wife Ingeborg of 30 years, and ran off and married the college girl 22 years younger than himself in Barbara Ehlers.

Kurt & Barbara both produced the (Novum Testamentum Graece) while actively in the sin of "Adultery", a fact and no secret.

Mark 10:11-12KJV
                                11 And he saith unto them, Whosoever shall put away his wife, and marry another, committeth adultery against her.
                                12 And if a woman shall put away her husband, and be married to another, she committeth adultery.
                                Last edited by Truth7t7; 02-04-19, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X