Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

What are we free from

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are we free from

When God graciously opens our eyes to see our true nature, our condemnation, and our helplessness, it is in that place that we can fall at the foot of the cross in repentance and submit our lives to the God who, while we are still dead in sin, makes us alive together with Christ. It is belief in God’s testimony about His son, not do-gooding or moral choices, that qualifies us for eternal life (Eph. 1:13-14, 2:4-10, Col 2:13-15, 1 Jn. 5:9-13)!

When we are drawn by the Father and are born again by the regenerating work of the Holy Spirit, we are set free by the Son (Jn. 6:44, Ez. 36:26-27, Jn 8:36)! We are free from the law of sin and death because we are made spiritually alive (Rm. 8:2)! We are free from condemnation because we are justified before God and are robed in the righteousness of Christ (Rm 5:1; 8:1, Gal. 3:27)! We are free from the kingdom of darkness and the reign of the father of lies because we are transferred into the kingdom of the beloved Son and are adopted by God who is our Father—the Father of spirits (Col. 1:13, 2:13-15, Rm 8:14-17, Heb. 12:9)! We are free from the law and Old Covenant works-salvation because we are kept in salvation by the power of God and live according to the Law of Christ under the New Covenant (1 Pt. 1:3-5, Rm. 8:1-2, Heb.8:7-13) !

We are free to eat because Jesus has declared all foods clean (Mk. 7:19)! We are free from fear of abandonment because we are sealed by the Holy Spirit who is our comforter and teacher, and we know that He will never leave us or forsake us (Eph. 1:13-14, Jn. 14:16-18, Heb 13:5,6). We are free from the fear of death because Jesus is Himself the resurrection and the life and has conquered death and granted us life eternal (Heb. 2:14,15, Jn.11:25,26, 1 Jn. 5:12,13)! We are free from the fear of man, because no one can separate us from the love of God, and man cannot destroy us (Rm. 8:31-38, Mt. 10:28)! We are free from the wrath of God and the fires of Hell because Christ has justified us and reconciled us to God (1 Thess. 5:9,10, 2 Cor 5:17-20, Matt. 25:41)!

These are just a few of the things from which we have been set free because of the great work of God on our behalf. We now have a new citizenship and an unshakeable kingdom (Hb. 12: 22-24, 28-29)!

While Americans may celebrate their American citizenship and their Independence Day with great joy, those who belong to God celebrate their kingdom citizenship and their great dependence on the Triune God of the Bible with greater joy! We too celebrate with music, with food (the Lord’s Supper), with family (the body of Christ), and with great triumphant procession as we seek to live as those who bear the name of Christ into the world.

While I know that Adventists are often programmed to believe that those who leave Adventism do so to revel in antinomianism and “enjoy their freedom”, we who have left for the gospel know that our joy and freedom are not about indulging the desires of unregenerate man. Rather, we rejoice in the freedom of our new nature which allows us to serve the God who loved us so much that He died in our place to give us life and make us His, and who prepared unique and specific works for each of us to do in His service to the praise of His glory (Eph. 2:8-10).

http://blog.lifeassuranceministries....ree-from-what/

Originally posted by thomas1961 View Post
    When God graciously opens our eyes to see our true nature, our condemnation, and our helplessness, it is in that place that we can fall at the foot of the cross in repentance and submit our lives to the God who, while we are still dead in sin, makes us alive together with Christ.
    Amen!

Our free will makes us free from the blasphemy that GOD creates us, some of whom are HIS Bride, as evil, foul and degenerate sinners whose best attempts at righteousness is as filthy bloody rags.

Our free will makes us free from the blasphemy that GOD who is light and who has no darkness in HIM at all created evil by making us inherit Adam's evil nature...an evil that is proven by the death of people at the earliest age.

Our free will makes us free from the blasphemy that we are guilty of crimes we were forced to commit by our sinful natures, without mens rea and without our acceptance of the decision for us to be that way.

That makes HIS gracious saving of us so much more merciful that HE had no part in our choosing to be evil but did not hold our rebellion against us.
    I champion GOD’s holiness:
    - GOD did not need evil so did not create evil for any reason.
    - Evil is creature-created by their free will.

I champion Our Free will:
    - All were created with a free will able to chose for HIM or against HIM.

Comment

Opps, I wonder how this got in the Bible... it must be by mistake??

Heb 10:26-32

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
      KJV

The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

The Son sets you free when you begin to walk in him by abiding in the Word to be set free from that sinful lifestyle that holds us in bondage to it. But, only those who have been baptized in the Spirit are able to be set free, for without the Spirit we are carnally minded and are not subject to the law of God for our fallen nature can not obey the Word to please God. Only by the Spirit, can one claim, and truly mean it, that Jesus is Lord to follow him. In the beginning was The Word......
        Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever... for the Word of God is the enteral life that proceeds from the Father and never changes. Jesus claimed to be the Way, the Truth and the Life and every one of these come from abiding in The Word which is the Truth.

John 8:31-41

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

35 And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever.

36 If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
        KJV

John 14:6

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
        KJV

John 17:14-17

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
        KJV

The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
          The Son sets you free when you begin to walk in him by abiding in the Word to be set free from that sinful lifestyle that holds us in bondage to it. But, only those who have been baptized in the Spirit are able to be set free, for without the Spirit we are carnally minded and are not subject to the law of God for our fallen nature can not obey the Word to please God. Only by the Spirit, can one claim, and truly mean it, that Jesus is Lord to follow him. In the beginning was The Word......
          Jesus is the same yesterday, today and forever... for the Word of God is the enteral life that proceeds from the Father and never changes. Jesus claimed to be the Way, the Truth and the Life and every one of these come from abiding in The Word which is the Truth.

31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

33 They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34 Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin.

37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.

38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.

39 They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.

40 But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.

41 Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
          KJV

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
          KJV

14 I have given them thy word; and the world hath hated them, because they are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.

15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.

KJV
          So are you a sinner! Is this true!

Comment

Opps, I wonder how this got in the Bible... it must be by mistake??

Heb 10:26-32

26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins,

27 But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries.

28 He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

29 Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people.

31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

32 But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions;
            KJV
            "And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins," (1 Cor. 15:17).

Comment

KJV

KJV

KJV
              Are you a sinner?

I ask you, are you a sinner? Have you ever lied, stolen, lusted, coveted, or been angry with someone unjustly? If so, then you have broken the Law of
              God
              . God has said, "You shall not steal; You shall not lie; You shall have no other gods before Me; You shall not murder, etc.," (Exodus 20). He has given the standard of righteousness and if you have broken any of God's commandments then you have fallen short of that standard and are under the inevitable judgment of God. When you die, you will face Him and on the Day of Judgment, He will punish all sinners.

If you do not like this teaching, then throw away your
              Bible
              and turn from Christ, for this is the message of God's word — that Jesus came to die for sinners and to save them from the wrath to come.

Jesus is the One you need. Him alone. Not your works (
              Rom. 3:10-12
              ;
              Isaiah 64:6
              ). Not your sincerity. Not your goodness. You have nothing to offer God except your sinfulness. It is only by the love and grace of God found in Jesus and His sacrifice that you can be delivered from the righteous wrath of God upon all who have broken His law. Jesus saves you from God.

Comment

1 John 1:7

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

Comment

Working...
                X