Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Do you believe Jesus told Christians to.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you believe Jesus told Christians to.....

VOTE?
    https://rcg.org/worldtocome/do-chris...olitics-part-1
    The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Originally posted by afaithfulone4u View Post
    Of COURSE, silly!! We don't need a silly "Video" with it's "Opinions" to know that!!! We're to follow our government's leadership, (Heb 13:17) and when given the opportunity to participate in it - DO SO - BEARING IN MIND that it's GOD who controls the "Roll of the dice" (Prov 16:33).

GOD will be the one who EITHER gives us the government that we would LIKE to have, or the one that we deserve.

Comment

I don't believe that Jesus told anyone to vote, but that was only because no one voted in those days. But I saw this on the website you linked to:

"Does His Church practice voting internally—to decide doctrine, spend money or select board members, ministers and leaders? Are God’s leaders chosen by men’s ballots?"

The answer to that question is yes. In Acts 15 James makes a judgment on circumcision, but only after the apostles and elders assented to it. Without their agreement it is likely that we would all be practicing circumcision and keeping a kosher diet. More on point, though, is where the authority for the Council of Acts 15 derived. We see it here:

Mat 18:19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

Mat 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

The "two or three" above, is an expression having the literal meaning "two out of three", or "majority vote". That is also the source of the authority to hold Ecumenical Councils. We have the Nicene Creed today because of the vote of a group of bishops at Nicea. We have the bible today because of the vote of a group of bishops at Hippo.

So voting is indeed a tradition of Christianity, and you should exercise your right to vote. I suppose you don't have to if you don't want to, but you probably should.

Comment

Originally posted by HTacianas View Post
        I don't believe that Jesus told anyone to vote, but that was only because no one voted in those days. But I saw this on the website you linked to:

Mat 18:20 “For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.”

The "two or three" above, is an expression having the literal meaning "two out of three", or "majority vote".
        If the expression could have been "two out of three" then I would expect at least one English Bible translation to have Mat 18:20 saying this; however, none of the 40+ versions I have in my PC Study Bible read like this. They all read "two or three". So the conclusion is that you're mistaken.

Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

Originally posted by AlFin View Post

If the expression could have been "two out of three" then I would expect at least one English Bible translation to have Mat 18:20 saying this; however, none of the 40+ versions I have in my PC Study Bible read like this. They all read "two or three". So the conclusion is that you're mistaken.
          Then we are faced with an absurdity. If two people in Los Angeles decide something, and then two others in New York decide the same matter but reach a completely different conclusion, they both have to be done by God in heaven. It is impossible for both of them to be correct. How then is that decided?

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Carabbio View Post

Of COURSE, silly!! We don't need a silly "Video" with it's "Opinions" to know that!!! We're to follow our government's leadership, (Heb 13:17) and when given the opportunity to participate in it - DO SO - BEARING IN MIND that it's GOD who controls the "Roll of the dice" (Prov 16:33).

GOD will be the one who EITHER gives us the government that we would LIKE to have, or the one that we deserve.
            We do not vote for carnal men to lord over us, and , we do not involve our self in the things of this world as to participate in politics, riots, rage, protests, rebellions against any government,. We just learn how to walk in the Word so that we do not offend and have need for the law to come unto us. And when we need help, we take it to the Great Judge and KING that LORD'S over us in prayer and petition with Thanksgiving!! The Kingdom of God is invisible and we are to bring people over to God's Kingdom where He and His Christ will be their authority, not the world.

The carnal man government was set up for those who do not know God, so that there would be some kind of order in this lost world. How can one who does not believe in God who they can not see, obey Him?
            That is the reason they go through hell, instead of the blessings of God. They walk by sight(seeing a man of authority) and not by faith In God, as we are to do.
            Last edited by afaithfulone4u; 11-12-18, 02:32 PM.
            The purpose of my posts are not to cause bicker or division, but to show truth from the scripture for edifying of the soul. It does not matter what we think, it is what God's Word says that matters.

Comment

"Does His Church practice voting internally—to decide doctrine, spend money or select board members, ministers and leaders? Are God’s leaders chosen by men’s ballots?"

The answer to that question is yes. In Acts 15 James makes a judgment on circumcision, but only after the apostles and elders assented to it. Without their agreement it is likely that we would all be practicing circumcision and keeping a kosher diet. More on point, though, is where the authority for the Council of Acts 15 derived. We see it here:

Mat 18:19 “Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

The "two or three" above, is an expression having the literal meaning "two out of three", or "majority vote". That is also the source of the authority to hold Ecumenical Councils. We have the Nicene Creed today because of the vote of a group of bishops at Nicea. We have the bible today because of the vote of a group of bishops at Hippo.

So voting is indeed a tradition of Christianity, and you should exercise your right to vote. I suppose you don't have to if you don't want to, but you probably should.
              You are speaking the difference between the worldly system that God set up for the heathen unbeliever's, and God's Kingdom where believers are of. Christians are supposed to be living in the Kingdom of God with Christ as their King. We are to PRAY to God and let Him know our heart on situations that come up in the earth that we do not agree with, praying for those whom God has set up over the heathen in the nation that you live, but we don't join them, Just as we are commanded not to hangout with unbeliever's, we witness to them, but not join them.

2 Cor 6:14 Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness?

15 And what concord hath Christ with Belial? or what part hath he that believeth with an infidel?

16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

17 Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,

18 And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.
              KJV

Comment

What about the locals who did not buy into religion? Should they have have been given a vote that would affect their world so profoundly?

I believe sometimes when the system is designed to give you bad and worse choices the best option is to not vote for the system in place.
                I want to hear it from your lips;
                What's it worth shining for?

Rishloo - Scissorlips

Comment

We do not vote for carnal men to lord over us,
                  (Chuckle) - If you don't you might get Hillary in '20 (shudder!!!!).

Comment

VOTE? [Link to David C. Pack teaching]
                    We know what David pack teaches. Let's see what the Bible says.

"Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders of thousands, of hundreds, of fifties and of tens." (Ex. 18:21)
                    "Choose for yourselves wise, understanding, and respected men from each of your tribes, and I will appoint them as your leaders." (Dt. 1:13)
                    "When you enter the land which the LORD your God gives you, and you possess it and live in it, and you say, ‘I will set a king over me like all the nations who are around me,' you shall surely set a king over you whom the LORD your God chooses, one from among your countrymen you shall set as king over yourselves" (Dt. 17:14-15)
                    "The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD." (Pr. 16:33)
                    "Therefore, brothers, select from among you seven men confirmed to be full of the Spirit and wisdom. We will appoint this responsibility to them." (Acts 6:3)
                    "Then it seemed good to the apostles and the elders, with the whole church, to choose men from among them to send to Antioch with Paul and Barnabas..." (Acts 15:22)

It amazing what a person can learn from the Bible when s/he actually reads it and actually thinks about it.

All verses cited or quoted or in the NAS unless otherwise noted.

“if anyone competes as an athlete, he does not win the prize unless he competes according to the rules.” (2 Tim. 2:5)

Comment

Originally posted by Josheb View Post

It amazing what a person can learn from the Bible when s/he actually reads it and actually thinks about it.
                      When you're right, you're right!
                      Allen (Unless noted otherwise, Bible quotations are from the 1984 edition of the NIV)

Faith--Sees the invisible, believes the incredible, and receives the impossible.

Comment

I don't believe that Jesus told anyone to vote, but that was only because no one voted in those days. .
                        When the Israelites "voted" (decided they wanted a king because/like/ other nations had kings) , what did Yahweh say about that ? (hint: they were punished for it)

When the USA has a few true Christians, and millions of unbelievers subject to the prince of the power of the air,

IF voting is used to decide anything, who gets the most votes ? So far? The abortionists, the warmongers, the moneymongers, the banks, the military, the druglords.......

They all lllloooooooovvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeee the so-called democracy/ voting/ to blame all the wrongs on....... The believers even if they all come out don't have enough political weight to do anything about those with evil innards. (as seen rather blatantly since 1962 and the previous 50 to 60 years before that also) .....

Comment

Working...
                        X