Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Would "anti-social Trinitarians" be "Oneness" if they dropped "Persons" terminology?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SeventhDay View Post

Hello. pesky friend! I think you need a banana!

Yes, and Jesus is Adonai since he is God made flesh! As such then he must be kurios as well.

The Holy Spirit is the only transcendental uplift I need!

God bless you,

SeventhDay
    God made flesh indeedy sir. I suppose you are brainwashed along with the REST of the trin-clan regarding this one sir.
    Shema will change the Christian World.

Turn it upside down. To where it once was, the POV of JESUS, his DISCIPLES and his SERVANTS.

Know God YHWH Elohim is One. And love Him with all. Mk 12, red letter words.

Comment

• Originally posted by nothead View Post

God made flesh indeedy sir. I suppose you are brainwashed along with the REST of the trin-clan regarding this one sir.
      God came into humanity as the Father and the Son in time and space and is Jesus.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

God came into humanity as the Father and the Son in time and space and is Jesus.

God bless you,

SeventhDay
        ...and the Robinsons are again, lost in space.

Turn it upside down. To where it once was, the POV of JESUS, his DISCIPLES and his SERVANTS.

Comment

• Originally posted by john wilcox View Post
          More Head falsehoods. The Holy Spirit is called The Lord in 2 Cor. 3:16-18.
          NO Hebrew words in The N.T. In The N.T. The Lord is God and vice versa.
          No...the Holy Spirit is not the LORD in that verse, as the genitive construction entails for both God and Jesus, the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit OF God (more often used).

One or the other Referent was meant, not the Holy Spirit "himself."

For you this is a premise, that the Holy Spirit is "Lord." Even of "himself." But in Text, the Holy Spirit is never CALLED "Lord Holy Spirit" sir.

Comment

God bless you,

SeventhDay
            God came into Humanity as The MAN Jesus Christ, who is The Son.

Comment

• Originally posted by nothead View Post

No...the Holy Spirit is not the LORD in that verse, as the genitive construction entails for both God and Jesus, the Spirit of Christ, and the Spirit OF God (more often used).

One or the other Referent was meant, not the Holy Spirit "himself."

For you this is a premise, that the Holy Spirit is "Lord." Even of "himself." But in Text, the Holy Spirit is never CALLED "Lord Holy Spirit" sir.
              The Lord is THAT Spirit and where The Spirit of The Lord is there is liberty. Yep, The Holy Spirit is The Lord and vice versa.

Comment

God came into Humanity as The MAN Jesus Christ, who is The Son.
                If God as the Father did not come into the world in time neither did the son of man who is the Son of God.

God bless you,

SeventhDay

Comment

If God as the Father did not come into the world in time neither did the son of man who is the Son of God.

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                  The Father did NOT come into the world. He SENT The SON. Ever read John???????

Comment

The Father did NOT come into the world. He SENT The SON. Ever read John???????
                    John, this statement is evidence that the Trinitarian doctrine leads to wrong conclusions.

Ephesians 4:6 - "One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

1 John 3:1-3 "1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

John 14:10 "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

Notice how the Father is indeed in the world. The distinction Jesus makes here between him and the Father is simply due to his genuine humanity and how he perceives God as other men do. Since Jesus is a real man one would expect him to speak of God like a man does. God wasn't joking when he took on the form of a man. Jesus is the Father's Word. The expression of the invisible Father. He is not another person from the Father any more than YOUR word is another person of you. Where most people have problems is the simple fact that Jesus wasn't an empty shell with the eternal God animating it. His genuine humanity adds a complexity to God's manifestation but calling them two persons draws much too sharp of a distinction and at a minimum takes you too the edge of Tritheism.

Your concept conveys a body centric notion of God the Father who is location limited and not an omnipresent scriptural God.
                    Last edited by Neal; 04-23-18, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Neal View Post

John, this statement is evidence that the Trinitarian doctrine leads to wrong conclusions.

Ephesians 4:6 - "One God and Father of all, who is above all, and through all, and in you all."

1 John 3:1-3 "1Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. 2Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. 3And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure."

John 14:10 "Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works."

Notice how the Father is indeed in the world. The distinction Jesus makes here between him and the Father is simply due to his genuine humanity and how he perceives God as other men do. Since Jesus is a real man one would expect him to speak of God like a man does. God wasn't joking when he took on the form of a man. Jesus is the Father's Word. The expression of the invisible Father. He is not another person from the Father any more than YOUR word is another person of you. Where most people have problems is the simple fact that Jesus wasn't an empty shell with the eternal God animating it. His genuine humanity adds a complexity to God's manifestation but calling them two persons draws much too sharp of a distinction and at a minimum takes you too the edge of Tritheism.

Your concept conveys a body centric notion of God the Father who is location limited and not an omnipresent scriptural God.
                      All of this fails to recognize The Father and Son are two distinct PERSONS. The Father did NOT come INTO the world as a MAN; ONLY The Son did. BTW my word is NOT a person.

Comment

All of this fails to recognize The Father and Son are two distinct PERSONS. The Father did NOT come INTO the world as a MAN; ONLY The Son did. BTW my word is NOT a person.
                        The result of your statement here is that the persons are PARTS of God. Which leads to an internal contradiction within the concept of the Trinity because orthodox teaching rejects the idea that the persons are parts of God. Why do I say this? Because clearly you have one person located and incarnate where the other is not. Your "sending" scriptures are interpreted literally as one person of the Godhead coming down from heaven, while the other person is not. Logically you can't have it both ways.

Your Word is you, but not another person of you. Your word/Logos is the expression of your singular person. Think about it. Everyone only knows YOU by your Logos (your thoughts, verbal and non-verbal expressions). How is your logos not you?

Comment

The result of your statement here is that the persons are PARTS of God. Which leads to an internal contradiction within the concept of the Trinity because orthodox teaching rejects the idea that the persons are parts of God. Why do I say this? Because clearly you have one person located and incarnate where the other is not. Your "sending" scriptures are interpreted literally as one person of the Godhead coming down from heaven, while the other person is not. Logically you can't have it both ways.

Your Word is you, but not another person of you. Your word/Logos is the expression of your singular person. Think about it. Everyone only knows YOU by your Logos (your thoughts, verbal and non-verbal expressions). How is your logos not you?
                          Come on Neal. You can't refute me of course so you badger John Wilcox we total straw. The human language is nothing but parts.Hence basic Biblical common sense by default tells us otherwise. God is nowise composite but altogether simple form of Spirit. The Son Jesus Christ in front of us,told us to say, "Our Father who art in heaven".Unlike our word, God Word is hypostatic by itself.and thus subsistence or hypostasis. We call Him the only begotten Son which is in the bosom of the Father He has declared Him.The Apostle John said so. End of story.

Comment

God bless you,

SeventhDay
                            Can you ever give scriptural interpretation without endlessly contradicting the very words of Christ? My Lord says," From God I proceeded neither came I of myself but He(Father) sent Me (Son)"..Luke further declared in space and time that God with us is the Son who came forth. The Apostle John further declared," For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son". Nothing anywhere in scriptures remotely suggest imply or infer God came into humanity as the Father and the Son. However the Holy Writ does declare ,"God sent forth His Son made of a woman". You sound more ridiculous and incoherent than Nothead . He just denies Christ divine self sovereignty, and make Him jr being. While you confound and confuse the subsistence . Even in your revisionist scriptures, you confound and confuse your modal roles.All this heresy and incoherent theology just to avoid what the scriptures present.A distinction in subsistences (aka) persons and the equality of their majesty.

Comment

Persons(NOT parts)within God who is ONE Spirit, undivided and indivisible
                              Yes, only ONE Person IN The Godhead came down from heaven to incarnate as a man, The SON. My words are NOT me.

Comment

Persons(NOT parts)within God who is ONE Spirit, undivided and indivisible
                                Yes, only ONE Person IN The Godhead came down from heaven to incarnate as a man, The SON. My words are NOT me.
                                John, the term "persons" by its very nature means different "parts", and I've never seen a reasonable explanation from Trinitarians that fundamentally changes this meaning. Trinitarians often try to have it both ways... using the term "persons" to define the Trinity, yet deny its plain implications of tritheism.

By way of analogy to your "persons within... one Spirit", I would say water bubbles can be in a pool of water and be of the same substance, yet each water bubble is a different part of the pool.

Unity of parts doesn't change the fact that they are parts...

In fact, by the very reason that you can say that A is in unity with B and C means that they are different parts. Unity is by necessity a composite otherwise unity has no meaning.

Technically, most everything is a unity of smaller and smaller subsets (molecules, atoms, sub-atomic, etc). A proton and neutron can be in the same atom, but they are different parts. You can't get away from saying the persons are different parts within God without violating basic principles.

Comment

Working...
                                X