Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

Would "Mother of God" be a valid Trinitarian name...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Presentist View Post

Is this statement utter nonsense...

"The Trinity is, a family, God the Father, God the Son, and His true Mother (NOT Mary), God the Holy Ghost."

I think so. What do you say?
    I say UTTER NONSENSE.
    Next question.........

Comment

Originally posted by Presentist View Post

Trinitarians say the Holy Ghost is the Mother of God the Son. So...

Would "Mother of God" be a valid Trinitarian name for the Holy Ghost?

Trinitarians, if not, why not, based on the quote above?

P.S.

In contrast to the Trinitarian belief that there are three who transcend all creations...
      I believe there is only one who transcends all creations...

For this creation, YHWH God (the only one who transcends all creations) determined to create a universe with a kingdom of redeemed humans (living souls) for his glory where he would reign as a living soul himself. The Scriptures describe how God would accomplish his plan. In an instant, transcendent God (God the Father) created the supernatural and space-time of this universe and also became immanent as a spirit (the Spirit of God) and in the form of a living soul with a spiritual body (the Word of God). God the Father created all things within the universe by the power of the Spirit of God commanded by the Word of God. But whereas God created each of us, God himself as the Word is Jesus. At his birth, the Word exchanged his spiritual body for a natural body to be made like us so he could make reconciliation for our sins. At his resurrection, the Word regained his spiritual body and he will also give each of his elect a spiritual body when he returns to reign in his kingdom forever.

Wow, it just gets crazier and crazier....so some trinitarians believe the Holy Spirit is the mother of Jesus, lol. I just don't know what to say....jeesh!!

Comment

Originally posted by john wilcox View Post
        Yep, The Father of The Son.
        Final statement is incomprehensible.
        No, God the Father, of GOD the Son

Jesus Christ calls Himself the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, as in NO ONE before Him and NO ONE after Him. that is something that belongs to God alone no man ever has the right to that title. As for the rest, if you tried to do a modicum of study on the matter it would be plenty easy to understand. Its not incomprehensible at all.
        Last edited by TheMatrixHasU71; 07-12-18, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeer View Post

Wow, it just gets crazier and crazier....so some trinitarians believe the Holy Spirit is the mother of Jesus, lol. I just don't know what to say....jeesh!!
          The ancients called the Holy Ghost SHE as I have already said it. And the bible speaks of her in mostly feminine terms. Now I am well ware of the gender bias of nouns and adjectives in other languages so pleeez dont remind me of that. Too many people have done that to me speaking to me liker I am 12, as if I have never studied other languages before.

But the Spirit cannot be called male when she is spoken of in mostly feminine terms. She is Wisdom (Sophia) on Proverbs. She is the Woman of Revelation 12.

Pagan cultures who speak of God and His wife, didnt just make that up out of the blue. They STOLE from the one true Source.

And look at it this way too, If the HG were male then God would be breaking His own commandment on adultery when the Spirit created Jesus within Mary

And is it logical for an all male God to be spoken of in feminine terms?

That would be an abomination......yet God is spoken of in feminine terms

Isaiah 49:15
          Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. <---why does He not speak of Himself in masculine terms here? Hmmm?

Isaiah 66:9
          Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

You dont want to agree with me? Fine. You dont have to, its not required for salvation. But do not ever disrespect me for knowing the truth, because I have gone far deeper than just the mere surface meaning of the text.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMatrixHasU71 View Post

The ancients called the Holy Ghost SHE as I have already said it. And the bible speaks of her in mostly feminine terms. Now I am well ware of the gender bias of nouns and adjectives in other languages so pleeez dont remind me of that. Too many people have done that to me speaking to me liker I am 12, as if I have never studied other languages before.

But the Spirit cannot be called male when she is spoken of in mostly feminine terms. She is Wisdom (Sophia) on Proverbs. She is the Woman of Revelation 12.

Pagan cultures who speak of God and His wife, didnt just make that up out of the blue. They STOLE from the one true Source.

And look at it this way too, If the HG were male then God would be breaking His own commandment on adultery when the Spirit created Jesus within Mary

Can a woman forget her sucking child, that she should not have compassion on the son of her womb? yea, they may forget, yet will I not forget thee. <---why does He not speak of Himself in masculine terms here? Hmmm?

Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God.

You dont want to agree with me? Fine. You dont have to, its not required for salvation. But do not ever disrespect me for knowing the truth, because I have gone far deeper than just the mere surface meaning of the text.

Trinnies are a strange breed.....some say the HS is the father of Jesus and not the Father, now you say the HS is the mother of Jesus. You all just make things up as you go along, but scripture reveals the truth:

(Luk 1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

(Luk 1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

(Luk 1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

(Luk 1:34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(Luk 1:35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

For God is Spirit and His power came upon Mary and conceived the child in her womb.

(Mat 1:20) But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

A woman did not conceive Mary in the womb...it was God by the power of His Spirit. You can get off your high horse, as if you know something nobody else knows, lol. This human being born was miracously conceived by the power of Gods Holy Spirit. Later we learn of the truth of Immanuel for Jesus tells us several times that the words He spoke were not His but those of His Father who was in Him, for God truly was with Him in Spirit and power. This does not make Him God, for there truly is only One, and He, that is God did not become a man, but miracously conceived His Son through Mary, and that which was born was a true human being in every sense of the word.

Comment

Trinnies are a strange breed.....some say the HS is the father of Jesus and not the Father, now you say the HS is the mother of Jesus. You all just make things up as you go along, but scripture reveals the truth:

(Luk 1:31) And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

(Luk 1:32) He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

(Luk 1:33) And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

(Luk 1:34) Then said Mary unto the angel, How shall this be, seeing I know not a man?

(Luk 1:35) And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

For God is Spirit and His power came upon Mary and conceived the child in her womb.

(Mat 1:20) But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is conceived in her is of the Holy Ghost.

A woman did not conceive Mary in the womb...it was God by the power of His Spirit. You can get off your high horse, as if you know something nobody else knows, lol. This human being born was miracously conceived by the power of Gods Holy Spirit. Later we learn of the truth of Immanuel for Jesus tells us several times that the words He spoke were not His but those of His Father who was in Him, for God truly was with Him in Spirit and power. This does not make Him God, for there truly is only One, and He, that is God did not become a man, but miracously conceived His Son through Mary, and that which was born was a true human being in every sense of the word.

Then you are saying God the FATHER committed adultery. The LORD rebuke you. God the Father, a male, did not come upon Mary. The Holy Ghost is a distinct individual, not the Father. The Holy Ghost is the Comforter spoken of by Jesus, it is the person that came upon the first believers at Pentecost, it is not the Father

Comment

Then you are saying God the FATHER committed adultery. The LORD rebuke you. God the Father, a male, did not come upon Mary. The Holy Ghost is a distinct individual, not the Father. The Holy Ghost is the Comforter spoken of by Jesus, it is the person that came upon the first believers at Pentecost, it is not the Father

Ridiculous, the HS is not a separate individual than the Father and Son. Back at you...the Lord rebuke you, lol....does that make you feel good or something?

Comment

Of course God The Son has a Father. Why do you think He is The Son?????
                  You said, "There is NO Father or Mother of God anywhere in Scripture."

Is your memory really that bad or are you just crazy?

Mary gave birth to Jesus Christ The MAN.
                  Oh I see. So Jesus was NOT God in the flesh.

Comment

There is NO male God in Scripture, nor is there a female God.
                    However God is always referred to with masculine PRONOUNS.
                    Case closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Servant of the Lord View Post

You said, "There is NO Father or Mother of God anywhere in Scripture."

Is your memory really that bad or are you just crazy?

Oh I see. So Jesus was NOT God in the flesh.
                      I stand by what I said, NO father or mother of God in Scripture.
                      Mary gave birth to Jesus Christ according to His HUMANITY, NOT His Deity.

Comment

God The Father a "MALE"????Reeks of paganisim.

Comment

Yes, The Holy Spirit conceived the body of The MAN, Jesus Christ who is also Immanuel, GOD WITH US, NOT God with Him.

Comment

Yes, The Holy Spirit conceived the body of The MAN, Jesus Christ who is also Immanuel, GOD WITH US, NOT God with Him.

Then who is the Father, the father of???....

Comment

He cant be a FATHER if he werent MALE (duuuh).

AS I have said quoting Solomon, There is no new thing under the sun........including the concept of male and female.

Comment

Be nice. You are both trying to defend the same doctrine.

Perhaps if the doctrine of the Trinity made more sense, there would be less argument over what it means.
                                God our father is the holy spirit called the LORD, and Jesus is the LORD in the flesh.

The LORD is God Dt 6:4 The LORD is our father Is 64:8 The LORD is holy Is 6:3 God is spirit Jn 4:24 God manifest in the flesh 1 Ti 3:16 Jesus is Lord 1 Co 12:3

Comment

Working...
                                X