Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

MESSIAH is the PARAKLETOS/Comforter, IRREFUTABLE PROOF:

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MESSIAH is the PARAKLETOS/Comforter, IRREFUTABLE PROOF:

John 15:26 - But when the Comforter is come,... [even] the Spirit of truth,... he shall testify of me:

The Greek word for Comforterparaklētos”.... means an advocate, an intercessor, consoler:—, comforter.

John said, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate (Comforter) [paraklētos] with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:” 1 John 2:1.

The word used for advocate above is the same Greek word (paraklētos) used in John 14:16, 26; 15:26; 16:7 for Comforter.

John 14:16 “and he shall give you another Comforter [paraklētos], that he may abide with you for ever;”

John 14:26 “the Comforter [paraklētos], which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,”

John 15:26 “when the Comforter [paraklētos] is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father.”

John 16:7 “for if I go not away, the Comforter [paraklētos] will not come unto you;”

1 John 2:1 “if any man sin, we have an advocate (Comforter) [paraklētos] with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:”

So the "comforter" is not "God's own being and nature" as per HWA; nor a third person of a trinity; it's *simply* Christ.

“But to us there is but ONE God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and ONE Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” 1 Corinthians 8:6

Jesus HAS returned already, HE is the Holy Spirit!
    Jn 1:14_The Word became a human being and lived here with us.
    Jn 14:17_He is the Holy Spirit, he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Conflation of a role ascription is not "irrefutable proof" of indistinguishability.

And I would be careful about proclaiming Jesus has returned already, because of this:
    "if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe him. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and [...] deceive, if possible, even the elect. [...] if someone says to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe him. For just like the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so the coming of the Son of Man will be."
    The context is the Eschaton, but the principle applies even more so to the pre-Eschaton.
    Inactive, except to upload and bump.
    I wiped my slate clean and followed only biblical data to see if Unitarianism was true. After 40 weeks, I knew it couldn't be.
    After 5 years, very few could even interact with the exegeses, so I am moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by ACAinstructor View Post
      "if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe him.
      Jesus won't be "here or there" because he's within us. This only proves my point THANKS.
      Last edited by Photine; 01-14-19, 04:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ACAinstructor View Post
        Conflation of a role ascription is not "irrefutable proof" of indistinguishability.

And I would be careful about proclaiming Jesus has returned already, because of this:
        "if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Christ!’ or ‘There he is!’ do not believe him. For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and [...] deceive, if possible, even the elect. [...] if someone says to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out, or ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe him. For just like the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so the coming of the Son of Man will be."
        The context is the Eschaton, but the principle applies even more so to the pre-Eschaton.
        There is some truth to the idea that the Spirit of the Son the Holy Spirit which made Jesus the anointed Son of God is also within the flesh of his church.

However, that is not to the exclusion of Jesus himself coming and abiding as also flesh himself and as he ascended up to heaven as such, albeit glorified flesh and this is where her mistake is and also in that she falsely believes that Jesus himself is the Holy Spirit.

Even though contexts where we see the distinction made between the Holy Spirit and Jesus should be enough to reveal to her otherwise but it apparently isn't doing that for her.

Joseph

Comment

John 13:20
          Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever receives the one I send receives Me, and whoever receives Me receives the One who sent Me."

Matt 10:40
          He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 14:23
          Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 6:63
          It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Rev 22:17
          The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

Eph 5:25-27
          Husbands, love your wives, as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her, that he might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word, so that he might present the church to himself in splendor, without spot or wrinkle or any such thing, that she might be holy and without blemish.

Rev 21:2
          And I saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
          Last edited by Photine; 01-14-19, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Photine View Post
            John 13:20
            Truly, truly, I tell you, whoever receives the one I send receives Me, and whoever receives Me receives the One who sent Me."

Matt 10:40
            He that receiveth you receiveth me, and he that receiveth me receiveth him that sent me.

John 14:23
            Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

John 6:63
            It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Rev 22:17
            The Spirit and the bride say, "Come!" And let the one who hears say, "Come!" Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.
            Concerning John 6:63 Jesus was hardly calling himself the Spirit in that text but only saying that he was speaking by the anointing of the Holy Spirit unto them.

Concerning Revelations 22:17 according to you then, we have the Spirit and the Bride requesting for Jesus to come whom you say is the Spirit and therefore you have the Spirit and the bride requesting that the Spirit comes or Jesus and the Bride requesting that Jesus comes, total nonsense. .

Silly Wabbit such twickes are for kids and not those who are mature in the things of the Spirit.

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by He will add View Post

Concerning Revelations 22:17 according to you then, we have the Spirit and the Bride requesting for Jesus to come whom you say is the Spirit and therefore you have the Spirit and the bride requesting that the Spirit comes or Jesus and the Bride requesting that Jesus comes, total nonsense. .
              lolwat why would I be saying the flesh of Christ (BRIDE) is calling JESUS to come if I'M SAYING JESUS IS THE SPIRIT and He is already come?? We're calling the lost sheep of Israel. Because you can't hear it means you ain't one of us.

It's antichrist to deny that Jesus is come in the flesh man

Comment

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
                2 Corinthians 4:18

I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand. My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. I and the Father are one.
                John 10:28-30

For those who find me find life
                and receive favor from the Lord.
                Proverbs 8:35

[9] With thee is wisdom, who knows thy works and was present when thou didst make the world, and who understand what is pleasing in thy sight and what is right according to thy commandments.
                [10] Send her forth from the holy heavens, and from the throne of thy glory send her, that she may be with me and toil,
                and that I may learn what is pleasing to thee.

[11] For she knows and understands all things, and she will guide me wisely in my actions and guard me with her glory.
                [12] Then my works will be acceptable, and I shall judge thy people justly, and shall be worthy of the throne of my father.
                [13] For what man can learn the counsel of God? Or who can discern what the Lord wills?
                [14] For the reasoning of mortals is worthless, and our designs are likely to fail,
                [15] for a perishable body weighs down the soul, and this earthy tent burdens the thoughtful mind.
                [16] We can hardly guess at what is on earth, and what is at hand we find with labor; but who has traced out what is in the heavens?
                [17] Who has learned thy counsel, unless thou hast given wisdom and sent thy holy Spirit from on high?
                [18] And thus the paths of those on earth were set right, and men were taught what pleases thee, and were saved by wisdom."
                Wisdom of Solomon 9:9-18

12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit who is from God, that we might know the things that have been freely given to us by God.
                13 These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual.. to those who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God.
                ​1 Cor 1​​​​​​:12-13,24
                Last edited by Photine; 01-14-19, 08:00 PM.

Comment

John 15:26 - But when the Comforter is come,... [even] the Spirit of truth,... he shall testify of me:

The Greek word for Comforterparaklētos”.... means an advocate, an intercessor, consoler:—, comforter.

John said, “My little children, these things write I unto you, that you sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate (Comforter) [paraklētos] with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:” 1 John 2:1.

The word used for advocate above is the same Greek word (paraklētos) used in John 14:16, 26; 15:26; 16:7 for Comforter.

John 14:16 “and he shall give you another Comforter [paraklētos], that he may abide with you for ever;”

John 14:26 “the Comforter [paraklētos], which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name,”

John 15:26 “when the Comforter [paraklētos] is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father.”

John 16:7 “for if I go not away, the Comforter [paraklētos] will not come unto you;”

1 John 2:1 “if any man sin, we have an advocate (Comforter) [paraklētos] with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous:”

So the "comforter" is not "God's own being and nature" as per HWA; nor a third person of a trinity; it's *simply* Christ.

“But to us there is but ONE God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and ONE Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.” 1 Corinthians 8:6

Jesus HAS returned already, HE is the Holy Spirit!

When Jesus ascended, He received the promise of the Holy Spirit as it says in Acts 2. This is where He was glorified and it is how He comes to be in the saints. In Spirit and power. Its a witness no man can take away and not known by the majority.

And I too often wonder why they are looking for Christ to come when in the saints He has already came. They as of yet have not had that great witness to their spirit. It doesn't make one better than another or anything of that nature.

Comment

Originally posted by redbeer View Post

When Jesus ascended, He received the promise of the Holy Spirit as it says in Acts 2. This is where He was glorified and it is how He comes to be in the saints. In Spirit and power. Its a witness no man can take away and not known by the majority.

And I too often wonder why they are looking for Christ to come when in the saints He has already came. They as of yet have not had that great witness to their spirit
                    . It doesn't make one better than another or anything of that nature.
                    Revelation 1:5
                    And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood,

Romans 8:16
                    The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God

Proverbs 14:25
                    A true witness delivereth souls: but a deceitful witness speaketh lies.

John 10:28
                    I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.
                    Last edited by Photine; 01-14-19, 08:33 PM.

Comment

When you send forth your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground. Ps. 104:30

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and all the stars by the breath of His mouth. Ps. 33:6

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made Jn. 1:1-3

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. Zech 4:6

Comment

When you send forth your Spirit, they are created, and you renew the face of the ground. Ps. 104:30

By the word of the LORD the heavens were made, and all the stars by the breath of His mouth. Ps. 33:6

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made Jn. 1:1-3

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the Lord unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts. Zech 4:6
                        You could not be more wrong with this thread of yours rose bud. Jesus is "NOT" the person of the Holy Spirit, period. I've already explained why so if you want to continue to remain "clueless," that's your business.

IN GOD THE SON,
                        james

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post

You could not be more wrong with this thread of yours rose bud. Jesus is "NOT" the person of the Holy Spirit, period. I've already explained why so if you want to continue to remain "clueless," that's your business.

IN GOD THE SON,
                          james
                          Romans 8:9
                          And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

1 Jn 2:23
                          No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

1 Jn 4:2
                          By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is from God,

2 Jn. 1:7
                          For many deceivers have gone out into the world, refusing to confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Gal 4:6
                          Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Gal 2:20
                          I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And that which I now live in the flesh, I live through faith from the Son of God, the One having loved me and having given up Himself for me.

Phil 1:20
                          I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have complete boldness, so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

1 Thess 5:10
                          He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with Him.

Rev 14:13
                          And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, "Blessed are the dead--those who die in the Lord from this moment on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them."

John 12:44-50
                          44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. 47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. 49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.50I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”

Comment

Romans 8:9
                            And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

1 Jn 2:23
                            No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

1 Jn 4:2
                            By this you will know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is from God,

2 Jn. 1:7
                            For many deceivers have gone out into the world, refusing to confess the coming of Jesus Christ in the flesh. Any such person is the deceiver and the antichrist.

Gal 4:6
                            Because you are his sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, Father."

Gal 2:20
                            I have been crucified with Christ, and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. And that which I now live in the flesh, I live through faith from the Son of God, the One having loved me and having given up Himself for me.

Phil 1:20
                            I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have complete boldness, so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death.

1 Thess 5:10
                            He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with Him.

Rev 14:13
                            And I heard a voice from heaven telling me to write, "Blessed are the dead--those who die in the Lord from this moment on." "Yes," says the Spirit, "they will rest from their labors, for their deeds will follow them."

John 12:44-50
                            44 Then Jesus cried out, “Whoever believes in me does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 The one who looks at me is seeing the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness. 47 “If anyone hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge that person. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save the world. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; the very words I have spoken will condemn them at the last day. 49 For I did not speak on my own, but the Father who sent me commanded me to say all that I have spoken.50I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say.”
                            You can quote all the verses you want till the cows come home but Jesus Christ is not the person of the Holy Spirit. In fact, why don't you teach that Jesus is "ALSO" the person of God the Father since John 14:9 says, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father?" So is Jesus God the Father rose bud?

IN GOD THE SON,
                            james

Comment

Originally posted by james View Post
                              why don't you teach that Jesus is "ALSO" the person of God the Father since John 14:9 says, "He who has seen Me has seen the Father?" So is Jesus God the Father rose bud?

IN GOD THE SON,
                              james
                              I am not Christ Himself, but He is in me and if you have seen ME you have seen CHRIST.

Christ is not the Father HIMSELF, but He [the Father] is IN Christ, and if you see CHRIST, you have seen God [the Father].

Christ prayed that we would be one with Him in the way He is one with the father. .

John 17:23
                              I in them and You in Me--that they may be perfectly united, so that the world may know that You sent Me and have loved them just as You have loved Me.
                              that they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us, that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.

Comment

Working...
                              X