Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Jailer understood Jesus is God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

An incarnated Spirit?

That is absurd.
    The Spirit became flesh.

But i know you will come up with some other stupid reason why I must be wrong.
    Jn 1:14_The Word became a human being and lived here with us.
    Jn 14:17_He is the Holy Spirit, he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Comment

• What part of One God: The Father
      One Lord: Jesus

don't you get? Trins? Unis?

What part of "the Lord is the Spirit" don't you understand?

Jesus is both the Lord and the Spirit (Holy Spirit). You have demons dwelling in you! Repent!

Comment

• 'The Lord is the Spirit"

Trins: "That is referring to the Holy Spirit, NOT JESUS!"

"The Spirit is the Word of God"

Trins: "That verse has THE BIBLE in view, NOT JESUS!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Photine View Post
          'The Lord is the Spirit"

Trins: "That is referring to the Holy Spirit, NOT JESUS!"
          It is a facile and patently erroneous argument to suggest "Lord" only denotes Jesus in NT ascriptions.
          "The Lord" here in 2 Cor 3:17 denotes "Yahweh" (spoken in the 1st century as "Adonai" [my Lord] or "ha-Adon" [The Lord]). My gosh man, in the very next clause it says "where the Spirit of the Lord is present...," calquing the Old Testament ascription of Ruah Yahweh (רוּחַ יהוה).
          Trinitarianism does not deny that The Spirit is Yahweh. The Father is Yahweh, The Son is Yahweh, The Spirit is Yahweh, Yahweh is one, and The Name of Yahweh is constituted of The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, whose separate ascriptions at minimum distinguish them on the lexical level. You are right to pay attention to conflations in the NT, but that seems to be the only data points you are interested in. The distinctions you seem to ignore.

Originally posted by Photine View Post
          "The Spirit is the Word of God"
          Trins: "That verse has THE BIBLE in view, NOT JESUS!"
          What's the citation on this verse?
          Inactive, except to upload and bump.
          I wiped my slate clean and followed only biblical data to see if Unitarianism was true. After 40 weeks, I knew it couldn't be.
          After 5 years, very few could even interact with the exegeses, so I am moving on.

Comment

• 1 John 5:20 "And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us understanding."
            Job 32:8 "But it is the spirit in a person, the breath of the Almighty, that gives them understanding."

John 1:3 "Through Him all things were made, and without Him nothing was made that has been made."
            Job 33:4 "The Spirit of God has made me, And the breath of the Almighty gives me life."

John 10:28 "I give them eternal life."
            John 14:6 “I am the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
            John 1:4 "In Him was life"
            John 6:63 "The Spirit alone gives eternal life."

John 10:11,16
            I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down His life for the sheep.
            And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

Ephesians 4:4
            There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Ezekiel 34:23
            And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

Rev 7:17
            For the Lamb in the center of the throne will be their shepherd. He will lead them to springs of living water, and God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.'"

Revelation 2:7
            He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God.

Comment

• "Yahweh" is not "a Spirit" He IS Spirit. YOU ARE PRESUMING that He's a spirit.

Comment

"Yahweh" is not "a Spirit" He IS Spirit. YOU ARE PRESUMING that He's a spirit.
                False dichotomy: both are true. Yahweh is spirit in essence (but He manifests visibly and physically many times in the OT), and then the Bible has a ubiquitous, distinct ascription of "The Spirit of Yahweh/The Holy Spirit," who interacts and acts interpersonally (thus the "who"), and who bears at least a dozen ascriptions deriving from Ruah or Pneuma. It is this biblical representation of a distinct, interpersonal manifestation that we would signify with "a spirit," despite the fact that The Spirit is constituent of the one God Yahweh.
                I wiped my slate clean and followed only biblical data to see if Unitarianism was true. After 40 weeks, I knew it couldn't be.
                After 5 years, very few could even interact with the exegeses, so I am moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACAinstructor View Post
                  False dichotomy: both are true. Yahweh is spirit in essence (but He manifests visibly and physically many times in the OT), and then the Bible has a ubiquitous, distinct ascription of "The Spirit of Yahweh/The Holy Spirit," who interacts and acts interpersonally (thus the "who"), and who bears at least a dozen ascriptions deriving from Ruah or Pneuma. It is this biblical representation of a distinct, interpersonal manifestation that we would signify with "a spirit," despite the fact that The Spirit is constituent of the one God Yahweh.
                  1 Timothy 4:1
                  Now the Spirit expressly states that in later times some will abandon the faith to follow deceitful spirits and the teachings of demons,

Revelation 2:24
                  But I say to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold to her teaching and have not learned the so-called deep things of Satan: I will place no further burden upon you.

​1 Corinthians 2:10
                  But God has revealed it to us by the Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God.

Galatians 1:12
                  I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

Hebrews 4:12
                  For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Ephesians 6:17
                  The Sword of the Spirit is the Word of God.

Rev 2:23
                  All the churches shall know that I am He who searches the minds and hearts. And I will give to each one of you according to your works.

Romans 8:27,34
                  The Spirit intercedes for the saints according to the will of God.
                  For Christ Jesus, who died, and more than that was raised to life, is at the right hand of God--and He is interceding for us.

Ephesians 2:18
                  For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Where do you get your revelations from, AC? Who teaches you?

Jesus? Or the "Third One" who ain't Jesus?

Comment

Where do you get your revelations from, AC? Who teaches you?

Jesus? Or the "Third One" who ain't Jesus?
                    The Holy Spirit, who is the "third one" (your term) of the Trinity [e.g., in Mt 28:19], who is called "Jesus," but immediately after being called "The Spirit of Jesus."
                    This is what I was saying before (which you seemed to ignore), in that you are right to look at the conflations, but you cannot get an accurate picture if you ignore the distinctions.

Comment

The Holy Spirit, who is called "Jesus,"
                      Is Jesus.

Matthew 28:20
                      lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

John 14:18
                      I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

Rev 3:20-22
                      20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me. 21 To him who overcomes I will grant to sit with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Comment

Yahweh is spirit in essence (but He manifests visibly and physically many times in the OT),.............

It doesn't get much more absurd,
                        than the incarnation of God in the OT.

No need for the two prophets (Rev 11) to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.
                        Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

Throwing anything out hoping something sticks.

Deal with it. It was a vision only for John. Just like only Stephen saw Christ before he got stoned.

You twisting a vision which reveals Jesus as the Anointed and the Power of God, to support the trinity is diabolical.
                          Show where the bible says it was a vision.

Once again your nonsense has been exposed.

Comment

• Originally posted by forever4truth View Post

I actually agree with Photline here (doesn't happen often), as Mark 1:10 intimates at least that.

"9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he [Jesus] saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying, Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased" (Mk 1:9-11, KJV, added emphasis mine)

Thus it seems very likely that John the Baptist saw the same thing that Jesus saw in a vision ("saw the heavens opened").
                            Still no mention of a vision. The event happened.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

Show where the bible says it was a vision.

And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending
                              from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him
                              (John 1:32)

That was SEEN; a VISION,
                              The Spirit wasn't reincarnated as a dove so he could be seen.

However Luke's account is absurd as usual
                              for he presents the Holy Spirit's incarnation;

the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form (Lk 3:22).

forever4truth

Last edited by Conqueror; 02-22-19, 08:09 AM.
                              No need for the two prophets (Rev 11) to correct the born-again, if they weren't intoxicated on the Roman harlotry of adding to the FOUNDATIONAL apostles and prophets.
                              Get rid of the dross in the Roman Canon - Raise My Word to the HIGHEST place

Comment

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

And John bore witness, saying, “I saw the Spirit descending
                                from heaven like a dove, and He remained upon Him
                                (John 1:32)

That was SEEN; a VISION,
                                The Spirit wasn't reincarnated as a dove so he could be seen.

However Luke's account is absurd as usual
                                for he presents the Holy Spirit's incarnation;

the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him (Lk 3:22).

forever4truth

Luke confirms it wasn't a vision as a vision isn't corporeal.

and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”

Comment

Working...
                                X