Announcement

Collapse

Message to all users:

https://carm.org/forum-rules

Super Member Subscription
https://carm.org/carm-super-members-banner-ad-signup

As most of you are aware, we had a crash to forums and were down for over two days a while back. We did have to do an upgrade to the vbulletin software to fix the forums and that has created changes, VB no longer provide the hybrid or threaded forums. There are some issues/changes to the forums we are not able to fix or change. Also note the link address change, please let friends and posters know of the changed link to the forums. For now this is the only link available, https://forums.carm.org/vb5/ but if clicking on forum on carm.org homepage it will now send you to this link. (edited to add https: now working.

Again, we are working through some of the posting and viewing issues to learn how to post with the changes, you will have to check and test the different features, icons that have changed. You may also want to go to profile settings,since many of the notifications, information in profile, also to update/edit your avatar by clicking on avatar space, pull down arrow next to login for user settings.

Edit to add "How to read forums, to make it easier."
Pull down arrow next to login name upper right select profile, or user settings when page opens to profile,select link in tab that says Account. Then select/choose options, go down to Conversation Detail Options, Select Display mode Posts, NOT Activity, that selection of Posts will make the pages of discussions go to last post on last page rather than out of order that happens if you choose activity threads. Then be sure to go to bottom and select SAVE Changes in your profile options. You can then follow discussions by going through the pages, to the last page having latest responses. Then click on the other links Privacy, Notifications, to select viewing options,the forums get easier if you open all the tabs or links in your profile, user settings and select options. To join Super Member, pull down arrow next to login name, select User Settings and then click on tab/link at top that says Subscriptions.

Thank you for your patience and God Bless.

Diane S
https://carm.org/forum-rules
See more
See less

The Jailer understood Jesus is God

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Conqueror View Post

However Luke's account is absurd as usual
    for he presents the Holy Spirit's incarnation;

the Holy Spirit descended in bodily form like a dove upon Him (Lk 3:22).

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form,
    The Holy Spirit in a PHYSICAL form descended on the incarnate Lord Jesus.

Who would have believed that, but deceived Christendom.

8.2 σωματικός, ή, όν; σωματικῶς: pertaining to a physical body
    - ‘bodily, physical, bodily form.’[Louw, J. P., & Nida, E. A. (1996)].

Last edited by Conqueror; 02-22-19, 08:30 AM.

Comment

It doesn't get much more absurd,
      than the incarnation of God in the OT.

Manifests visibly does NOT mean incarnation in the OT.

Comment

It doesn't get much more absurd,
        than the incarnation of God in the OT.
        Originally posted by johnny guitar View Post
        Who had come in the flesh before Jesus born of a virgin?

Comment

In the OT God took on a physical form several times. ....Theophany

Comment

Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

In the OT God took on a physical form several times. ....Theophany

Waiting for the required two or three witnesses?

that by the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
            (Mt 18:16, Deut. 17:6; 19:15; John 8:17; 2 Cor. 13:1).

Comment

• Originally posted by johnny guitar View Post
              Conqueror isn't interested or competent to engage in dialog, johnny. He loves whacking down his strawmen, though. I doubt you pointing out his sloppy misappropriation/incomprehension of what I said is going to phase him.
              Inactive, except to upload and bump.
              I wiped my slate clean and followed only biblical data to see if Unitarianism was true. After 40 weeks, I knew it couldn't be.
              After 5 years, very few could even interact with the exegeses, so I am moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by ACAinstructor View Post
                Conqueror isn't interested or competent to engage in dialog, johnny. He loves whacking down his strawmen, though. I doubt you pointing out his sloppy misappropriation/incomprehension of what I said is going to phase him.
                Slander means incapable of offering proper apologetics.

Comment

• Isn't it only slander if it's false?
                  Your pettiness demonstrates part of your character when you continually repeat denunciations--ignorantly, I might add--about "improper apologetics," a term you know next to nothing about. And your blathering is so tortuous, it would take beating one's head against a brick wall to make it align with sense.
                  You just presented a straw man. You don't care, because you demonstrably don't care about bridling your tongue. You're not a serious interlocutor.
                  Inactive, except to upload and bump.
                  I wiped my slate clean and followed only biblical data to see if Unitarianism was true. After 40 weeks, I knew it couldn't be.
                  After 5 years, very few could even interact with the exegeses, so I am moving on.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

Still no mention of a vision. The event happened.
                    The expression "saw heaven opened" clearly denotes a vision, and you know it. So denying it only shows you're not being intellectually responsible to what Scripture clearly makes known elsewhere about this. Does everything have to be spelled out in the Bible before you believe it? After all, you believe in a Trinity which is never taught in Scripture.

"In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the River Kebar, the heavens opened and I saw visions of God" (Eze 1:1)

11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

17 While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon’s house was and stopped at the gate" (Acts 10:11-17, NIV)

"And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God" (Acts 7:56, NIV)

Comment

• Originally posted by forever4truth View Post

The expression "saw heaven opened" clearly denotes a vision, and you know it. So denying it only shows you're not being intellectually responsible to what Scripture clearly makes known elsewhere about this. Does everything have to be spelled out in the Bible before you believe it? After all, you believe in a Trinity which is never taught in Scripture.

"In the thirtieth year, in the fourth month, on the fifth day, while I was among the exiles by the River Kebar, the heavens opened and I saw visions of God" (Eze 1:1)

11 He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles and birds. 13 Then a voice told him, “Get up, Peter. Kill and eat.”

14 “Surely not, Lord!” Peter replied. “I have never eaten anything impure or unclean.”

15 The voice spoke to him a second time, “Do not call anything impure that God has made clean.”

16 This happened three times, and immediately the sheet was taken back to heaven.

17 While Peter was wondering about the meaning of the vision, the men sent by Cornelius found out where Simon’s house was and stopped at the gate" (Acts 10:11-17, NIV)

"And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God" (Acts 7:56, NIV)

Luke confirms it wasn't a vision as a vision isn't corporeal.

and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”

So please don't say I was not being intellectually responsible...

I suppose rain is a vision...
                      Gen 6:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrowCross View Post

Luke confirms it wasn't a vision as a vision isn't corporeal.

and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form, like a dove; and a voice came from heaven, “You are my beloved Son; with you I am well pleased.”

So please don't say I was not being intellectually responsible...

I suppose rain is a vision...
                        Gen 6:11 In the six hundredth year of Noah’s life, in the second month, on the seventeenth day of the month, on that day all the fountains of the great deep burst forth, and the windows of the heavens were opened.
                        I guess you missed the part "like a dove," which clearly means it wasn't an actual or physical dove.

Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers

(32, 33) In these verses the Evangelist again makes prominent the solemn witness of John, giving the process by which conviction had come to his own mind.

(32) I saw.--Better, I have seen, or beheld. [color="blue"']The vision[/color] is in its result ever present, and is all-conclusive evidence. (Comp. the words in their historic setting, Matthew 3:16, Note.)

Pulpit Commentary

Verses 32, 33. - And John bore testimony, saying, I have seen (perfect) the Spirit descending like a dove out of heaven, and it (he) abode upon him. And I knew him not, but he that sent me to baptize with (in) water, he said to me, Upon whomsoever thou mayest see the Holy Spirit descending, and abiding on him, this (one) is he that baptizeth with (in) the Holy Spirit. The preparation by special teaching for a mysterious vision is the key to the vision itself, which John is here said to have described."

"(2) The author of this Gospel might, if he had chosen, have selected his own experience on the Mount of Transfiguration in vindication of a Divine attestation of the Sonship; but he preferred to fall back upon the testimony of his revered master. Peter, James, and John were unprepared for what they saw and heard on that occasion; and Peter knew not what he said, so great was the awful wonder that fell upon him then. Here, however, is recorded a vision for which the mind of the great forerunner was prepared. He expected to see the Spirit of God in some manner blend his energy with that of the individual who would prove to be the Baptizer with the Holy Ghost."

https://biblehub.com/john/1-32.htm

All you're doing is digger yourself deeper and deeper into a hole.

Comment

• John 8:42
                          for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

John 15:26
                          when the Comforter is come,...... the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father,

John 16:12-15
                          When the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come.

John 14:10
                          “The words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me,”

John 3:13
                          No one has ascended into heaven except he who descended from heaven, the Son of Man.

Last edited by Photine; 02-22-19, 04:47 PM.
                          Jn 1:14_The Word became a human being and lived here with us.
                          Jn 14:17_He is the Holy Spirit, he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Comment

• John 6:38,62
                            For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but to do the will of Him who sent Me.​​​​​​
                            Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?

John 10:28 "I give them eternal life."

John 6:63 "The Spirit alone gives eternal life."​​​​​​
                            Jn 1:14_The Word became a human being and lived here with us.
                            Jn 14:17_He is the Holy Spirit, he lives with you now and later will be in you.

Comment

• Originally posted by conqueror View Post

who had come in the flesh before jesus born of a virgin?

No One.

Comment

• Originally posted by Photine View Post
                                John 6:38,62
                                For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but to do the will of Him who sent Me.​​​​​​
                                Then what will happen if you see the Son of Man ascend to where He was before?

John 10:28 "I give them eternal life."

John 6:63 "The Spirit alone gives eternal life."​​​​​​
                                IOW Father, Son, Holy Spirit give eternal life.

Comment

Working...
                                X