Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In what sense was the Logos before becoming flesh life unto sinners?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In what sense was the Logos before becoming flesh life unto sinners?

John 1:4 In him was life and the life was the light of men which lights every man who comes into the world.

What is meant by John here and how can life come from the Logos for sinners before the Logos was made flesh and died for sinners on the cross so that God could give them life through him?

In other words how can the Logos as God give life to sinners before becoming flesh and dying for their sins so that they can even receive life from God by it?

Or if the Logos is referring to Christ already existing as a person in heaven, how was life given to sinners through him when he had not yet become flesh to die for their sins so that they could receive life from God yet?

The Bible says, "for without the shedding of blood there is no remission for sins" and if there is no remission for sins then God cannot give sinners eternal life either, for his righteousness would not permit this.

So then, on what basis could God promise eternal life through the Logos unto those who believed and were his elect before the Logos became flesh and Jesus Christ was born to live and died for sinners that they might receive the "eternal life that God who cannot lie promised before the world began" as per Titus 1:2?

How does that work trins and oneness?

Also what is meant by John that the Life was the light of all men coming into the world; what does he mean by the word "light" in this text?

By the way, I am not asking any of you to teach me on this, for I already know what it means but I want your take on what it means and be specific please.

Joseph
    Last edited by He will add; 11-10-19, 03:47 PM.

Job 33:4
    The Spirit of God hath made me, And the breath of the Mighty doth quicken me.

1 Cor 15:45
    For the scripture says, "The first man, Adam, was created a living being"; but the last Adam is the life-giving Spirit.

1 Cor 8:6b
    One Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom everything was made and through whom we have been given life.

2 Cor 3:17
    Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Ps. 33:6
    By the Word of the LORD the heavens were made, And by the Spirit of His mouth all their host.

Ps 104:30
    You send forth Your Spirit, they are created;

John 1:10
    He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.
    John 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.
    John 10:5 A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.

Comment

Originally posted by Photine View Post
      Job 33:4
      The Spirit of God hath made me, And the breath of the Mighty doth quicken me.

1 Cor 15:45
      For the scripture says, "The first man, Adam, was created a living being"; but the last Adam is the life-giving Spirit.

1 Cor 8:6b
      One Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom everything was made and through whom we have been given life.

2 Cor 3:17
      Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Ps. 33:6
      By the Word of the LORD the heavens were made, And by the Spirit of His mouth all their host.

Ps 104:30
      You send forth Your Spirit, they are created;

John 1:10
      He was in the world, and though the world was made through Him, the world did not recognize Him.
      Here is something that you need to answer before God, for I am not interested in your answer to me about it.

God knew before he created all life on this planet that it would be corrupted by sin well before he created it, so why in God's righteousness would he still create it if he know in advance that it would be corrupted by sin.

Let's put it this way, on what bases did God still create life on this earth while knowing in advance of creating it that it would be corrupted by sin and become worthless and die as a result?

Why would God being a righteous God do this, what would be the basis for his doing it Photine?

Joseph

Comment

Originally posted by He will add View Post

Here is something that you need to answer before God, for I am not interested in your answer to me about it.

God knew before he created all life on this planet that it would be corrupted by sin well before he created it, so why in God's righteousness would he still create it if he know in advance that it would be corrupted by sin.

Let's put it this way, on what bases did God still create life on this earth while knowing in advance of creating it that it would be corrupted by sin and become worthless and die as a result?

Why would God being a righteous God do this, what would be the basis for his doing it Photine?

Joseph

God created the world through Jesus...

You don't believe that so from my perspective you're just a heretic.

John 10:5 A stranger they will not follow, but they will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.

Comment

God created the world through Jesus...

You don't believe that so from my perspective you're just a heretic.

That doesn't answer the question because until the Logos was made flesh and died for sin, God could not give life to the sinner even though he did promise eternal life before the world was as per Titus 1:2.

"In the hope of eternal life which God who cannot lie promised before the world was"

So then answer this, upon what basis did God promise eternal life before Christ came and died for sins so that he could give life to a sinner?

If he promised it, the promise would have had to be made on some basis, so what was it Photine?

"For without the shedding of blood there is no remission of sins" and without the remission of sins, no sinner could ever receive the eternal life that was promised before the world was, so upon what basis did God in his righteousness make this promise Photine?

That shouldn't be too hard for you to understand being the very way I am posing the question unto you has the answer right in front of your eyes within it.

Joseph

Comment

Also what is meant by John that the Life was the light of all men coming into the world; what does he mean by the word "light" in this text?
            Revelation 21:23
            And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

Ps 119:105
            Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Proverbs 20:27 (JUB)
            The spirit of man is the fire of the LORD, which searches the secrets of the inward parts.

Comment

That doesn't answer the question because until the Logos was made flesh and died
              Jesus is the Logos.. the Word of God.

The Word of God is eternal... not a created human being like Adam...

Ps 33:6 says the Word is the Spirit. So does Ephesians 6:17.

Comment

Jesus is the Logos.. the Word of God.

The Word of God is eternal... not a created human being like Adam...

Nope, for it wouldn't matter if the Logos was eternal life if he couldn't give it unto a sinner yet

By the way, Jesus himself told us that he received eternal life from the Father and which means that he of his own self didn't have it.

John 5:26 For just as the Father has life in himself, so he has given, so he has given, so he has given unto the Son to have life in himself also.

John 6:57 "For as the Living Father has sent me, and I live because of the Father, I live because of the Father, I live because of the Father so (the same way) he who eats of me, shall live because of me".

Very clearly Jesus told us in these two verses that the Father gave him life to dwell within him and also that he lives because of the Father and for no other reason period.

Give it up Photine, for you are sowing to yourself what you do not know of by continuing in your fallacious unsupported by scripture nonsense and whatsoever a man or woman sows he or she is going to reap.

Note the Logos in the beginning and all through the OT era never died for sins until it became flesh as the man Jesus Christ and without the shedding of blood there is no remission for sins and therefore neither can one receive the promise of eternal life either.

Therefore what God promised he indeed promised to all those who believe so that at the resurrection of the dead they would have eternal life but he could never give them what he promised without the shedding of the blood of the man Jesus Christ and the Logos didn't become flesh to secure that promise unto 2000 year ago and not before the world was or before Jesus was born.

Therefore if the Logos is God or Jesus in the way that you mixed up people believe he was, he could not have given any sinner life not yet having died for their sins first, and there is no way around this either Photine so as you keep telling others "deal with it"!

Joseph

Comment

I am not asking any of you to teach me on this
                  (chuckle!!) Then I won't.

Comment

Nope,
                    Yep...

John 1:10 The light was in the world, and the world came into being through the light, but the world didn't recognize the light.

John 1:11 The light came to his own people, and his own people didn't welcome him.

Jesus the Light.

Thy Word is a light

the Lamb is the light

Proverbs 20:27
                    The spirit of man is the fire of the LORD

Deal with it.

Comment

Yep...

John 1:10 The light was in the world, and the world came into being through the light, but the world didn't recognize the light.

John 1:11 The light came to his own people, and his own people didn't welcome him.

Jesus the Light.

Thy Word is a light

the Lamb is the light

Proverbs 20:27
                      The spirit of man is the fire of the LORD

Deal with it.
                      Those verses refer to the man Jesus Christ however and he wasn't a man until the Logos became flesh 2000 years ago and so how did God promise eternal life to all those before the Logos became flesh?

For that is the question that you are resisting the answer for because you know good and well that the answer to that question refutes your false doctrine about what the Logos really refers to.

So if you do not answer the question in your next post than neither will we continue our conversation either, for it will be then evident that you just want to play games and not get serious about this when it is a very serious matter indeed.

Joseph

Comment

Those verses refer to the man Jesus Christ
                        The glory of God (Rev 21:23) is not a created man.

The light in Gen 1:3 is not a created man.

The fire of God is eternal......

Comment

Not interested in psychotic rants by the way.

Comment

Not interested in psychotic rants by the way.
                            Good bye Photine!!!!

Comment

Good bye Photine!!!!
                              If you do not admit that you are wrong then I will have to throw you into the bonfire, Joe.

Comment

Working...
                              X